[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question. Is transformers, Generation 1, more Japan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

I have a question. Is transformers, Generation 1, more Japanese or American? The original toys where takara in Japan, but America made the TV Show from the Toys. Also, in alot of cases, the japanese versions of alot of case, the Japanese Versions of alot of the figures had more features, such as some of the new Titan Masters Deluxe Figures include a Headmasters vehicle, and some of the face on the small figures differ from some of the American versions. It gets Baffling.

And another Example: look at Hardhead. In Japan, the face is accurate to the TV Show, and includes the vehicle for the headmaster.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS25092&mode=retail

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK12323&mode=retail

I feel like Hasbro is being cheap, or gypping us, compared to Takara
>>
>>86380000
>I feel like Hasbro is being cheap, or gypping us, compared to Takara

No shit

>I have a question. Is transformers, Generation 1, more Japanese or American?

American
>>
American. Marvel employees created the concept.
>>
>>86380000
How's that peritonitis doing?
>>
G1 was American, then there was a season made just for Japan that was more Japanese.
>>
>>86380000

G1 is a US property based on toys brought over from various Japanese companies. The US side created the whole Transformers universe, characters, etc, based on these toys.
>>
>>86380000
Ive been wanting a transformers thread all day. I got encore skywarp and thundercracker today, and am expecting soundblaster in the mail. For something made in the 80s, the sculptings really cool.
>>
>>86381856

If you feel like you can shell out the dosh, Masterpiece Soundwave is getting an asia reprint soon. Gonna cost you around $130-160 bux, but better than the fucking $400 he's currently going for thanks to scalping fucks eating up the supply the day he was released.
>>
>>86380000
fucking quads and ROLL OUT!

the show was american. i think john romita even did some drawing (tech specs) in the back of early issues and some cover art.

G1 cartoon (to me) had more heart / characterization. Sure they made the cartoon to sell toys, but they packed in story and personality into that show.
>>
>>86381885
Already have him. Only one im missing is ratbat, thinking about getting the KO version because i dont feel like buying soundblaster with kust one casette
>>
File: Money.gif (383KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
Money.gif
383KB, 500x371px
>>86382009

Lucky man, I'm wanting a MP SW. The asia reissue's my only hope of not getting completely raped in the wallet.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.