[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i know im extremely late to the party but are all DC superhero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

so i know im extremely late to the party but are all DC superhero shows going to follow the same format where its 1 featured superhero and then a team of friends in a "secret location" with high tech computers to find out where all the bad stuff are happening?

Arrow does this
Flash does this
now im watching Supergirl and they are doing the same fucking thing too. and its from a show on a completely different network too.

please dont tell me legends of tomorrow does this too.
>>
>>86374983
>please dont tell me legends of tomorrow does this too.
Does it being a "time ship" make a difference?

...no, it's the same damn thing.
>>
>>86375022
how can they all be so unoriginal?
>>
>>86375630
This is what happens when people follow a formula that "works." I also don't like how "safe" the shows are. Diversity, romance, drama, annoying dialogue. All of them have this. Some to a bigger extent than others.

Can't I just have a show where the guy works alone and punches stuff, using his own creativity? Man I'm hoping for a Superman prequel show to Supergirl where he works alone. Doubt it will ever happen though.
>>
That's why Daredevil was a better show. Foggy and Karen was nothing like that
>>
>>86374983

LoT doesn't do it as much, and thank God for that because it's a super annoying trope. It makes sense for Arrow because Oliver's just a guy in a hood shooting arrows at criminals; he'd need all the help he could get. But does someone as fast as the Flash need help? Does a fucking Kryptonian need any advice from the DEO, an organization whose first introduction to Kara was shooting her with kryptonite while she was harmlessly flying around her city?
>>
It's funny, because networks will say, "B-b-but people like formulas!" But really, it's just laziness on the writers/EPs parts.

The "eye in the sky" setup is used so often because it allows for supporting characters to be active in situations where they'd normally be absent entirely. This helps satiate the co-stars' egos and contracts, while also creating insertion points for the audience (i.e. the person who says "omg wow" when the superhero does their superheroics).

Most importantly, though, is that it's easy to write. Creating an all-power tech wizard requires ZERO background in computers; on the other hand, figuring out how a non-powered hero would maneuver his way through a building without being seen is a tad more difficult.

You really can't blame the audience. We *want* interesting situations -- it's just that, we're OK with and find mediocrity acceptable, too.
>>
>>86375874
I really can't stand Foggy's actor. The dude can not act at all.
>>
>>86375954

I think he's alright.
>>
>>86374983
Legends of Tomorrow doesn't do that because they're already a team. They have other problems.

Gotham doesn't do that because it's a police show and the writers are better.
>>
>>86378232
Should've end at it just being a police show...
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.