[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bumi being able to airbend out of nowhere completely ruined his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Bumi_and_Aang's_statue.png (108KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Bumi_and_Aang's_statue.png
108KB, 444x250px
Bumi being able to airbend out of nowhere completely ruined his character development over the course of the previous season.
>>
>>86371053
He was a completely shit character in the first place.
>>
File: kya-and-bumi-hug.jpg (811KB, 1890x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kya-and-bumi-hug.jpg
811KB, 1890x1080px
>>86371161
For the most part he was a pretty good character pre season 3. Him being Aang's kid and a non bender really added nuisance to his character and helped show his own insecurities such as how he feels guilty for disappointing his father and tried to compensate for it by devoting his life to keeping the world safe.
>>
>>86371332
>he was a pretty good character pre season 3
He was another failed attempt at comic relief.
>>
>>86371371
Yes he was the show's version of Sokka.
>>
>>86371371
This. He was another Bolin who had a lot of potential but ended up being used for desperate comedy whenever Bryke needed it.
>>
>>86371332

its 'nuance,' but I suppose the other is correct as well.
>>
>>86371053

They should have just made an epilogue shot where he has kids and they are the ones airbending
>>
>>86371484
Yeah, I noticed that when I hit submit
>>
>>86371053
He had character development? Other than being a useless elderly Sokka, he had nothing going for him and certainly didn't have Sokka's moments of being the team brain or a space sword.
>>
>>86371053
Yeah
>>
>>86371053
Filthy Squib
>>
File: latest-1.jpg (61KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.jpg
61KB, 1024x768px
I love Bumi!

He may not have been a bender to start, but he had some innate talent for communicating with spirits like Aang, so I don't see his airbending as a random occurrence as he was already spiritually gifted. He's the wacky zen master; he just goes with the flow and things work out.
Some people are just late bloomers
>>
>>86373676
>there are people that love Bumi
I'm shocked
>>
Bumi was fantastic in the five seconds we got of him in Season 1. When they actually showcased him, however, his comedy relief was garbage and he couldn't show the side that made him a true general. OP's image was the closest thing to depth he had besides his and Kya's "DAD LOVED YOU MORE."
>>
File: smug_fat_girl.gif (2MB, 403x285px) Image search: [Google]
smug_fat_girl.gif
2MB, 403x285px
>>86371053
>whole character is about him being a non-bender and successful military general
>assigned bad comic relief
>becomes a bender
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.