[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heya, You guys got any recommendations for a read with a female

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 2j50veo.jpg (180KB, 1106x705px) Image search: [Google]
2j50veo.jpg
180KB, 1106x705px
Heya,

You guys got any recommendations for a read with a female protagonist? I 'm a little hungover after reading the runs of pic related.
>>
>>86365303
OP, here. Am very new to reading comics so any reading reccomadations not specific to female protag is also very welcome.
>>
>>86365303
Rucka's Wonder Woman.
>>
>>86365303
Zatanna and powergirl both had a good series a few years ago and the new green lanterns is a male/female buddy cop
>>86365326
Flintstones and vision.
They are both fantastic comics that need more sales.
>>
>>86365303
What batgirl runs would you recommend?

I've enjoyed the Zatanna mini-series. All New Wolverine has been ok. Monstress is pretty cool.
>>
Are you looking for cape? Fantasy? Horror?
>>
>>86365303
Worm

https://parahumans.wordpress.com/

Very good and improves very fast. Not a comic, but is a superhero story. Great fight scenes, cool powers and good characters. Also deconstructs and plays with common tropes.
>>
>>86365452
The current batgirl run is pretty good nu52 was trash
Theres also the new birds of prey which seems promising.

Harley inspires hate in many that do not like it but she is worth a try
>>
>>86365473
Cape is superheros? Sorry, really new. If it is, yeap. I enjoyed the Batgirls. Also read a couple of Superman and Batman.

I suppose as for other genre...any that had action or fighting or badassery, I guess.

And thank you for the recommendations so far. Shit, of all fem protag, >>86365327 I forgot about this. Thanks for reminding me.
>>
>>86365606
Yeah cape is heros
>>
>>86365606
You might like the first part of Rat Queens. Also, the Ms. Marvel run with Kamala Khan.
>>
>>86365761
Is ms marvel out of civil war hell yet i droped the book when it arived.
>>
Bumpity bump
>>
Plenty of good WW runs
And if ya want more DC, Amethyst is always good if you like fantasy. Only read a bit of the older stuff but what I read was good. And new 52 run was great but short loved enough whole run is sold in $25 trade.
Also Prez from n52, but be prepared to rage once finished because it was cancelled and left half done.

Hack/Slash is great if ya love horror and slasher movies.
Monstress, Rachel Rising, and Black Magick are also good from Image. All pretty much horror.

More of a webcomic but has had official comic releases. Gunnerkrigg Court is real good urban fantasy.
>>
>>86365303

Puckett/Scott run of Cassandra Cain's Batgirl just got re-released a little while ago in two trades. That's the only good American comic with a female protagonist. If you already read that, there's always manga I guess.
>>
DC's new 52 rebooted most continuity, so basically any comic from that is easy access.

The old 52 Powergirl run was real good.
First trade is by Geoff Johns and it explains a lot of Powergirl past for new reader to jump into the madness (this is a tie in for Infinite Crisis so is a good jumping point to help get into DC 00s ongoing biz)
Run is continued by Palmiotti and Conner if I remember right.

Also from DC Batwoman is a fairly new character and pretty much all the stuff she's in is good.
First introduced in Fifty-Two. Her miniseries like Elegy are old52 but are basically continued after reboot into her n52 run.
>>
>>86365303
I'm kinda in a similar situation only I'd really like some action/adventure without capes and I can't seem to find anything interesting
>>
File: Judge Dredd - Anderson 39.jpg (367KB, 1127x1308px) Image search: [Google]
Judge Dredd - Anderson 39.jpg
367KB, 1127x1308px
Judge Anderson: Psi-Division.
The Ballad of Halo Jones.
Queen and Country.
Lazarus.
Velvet.
Daisy Kutter.
Copperhead.
Pretty Deadly.
Marc Andreyko's Manhunter.
Brian K Vaughan's Mystique.
The Spire.
>>
>>86365303
you are crazy
>>
I recently found montress it's a fantasy comic by image. There only six issues so far by I'm very interested in seeing where the plot is going.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.