[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"The simple answer is yes," McFarlane told Smi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: spawn-022.jpg (182KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
spawn-022.jpg
182KB, 1366x768px
>"The simple answer is yes," McFarlane told Smith when she asked about the possibility of another Spawn movie, assuring her that it won't be a continuation of the 1997 film starring Michael Jai White and John Leguizamo. Rather, it will be "a dark, R-rated, scary, badass sort of script."

>He told her that "the world's going to be real, except for one thing that's going to move," and that "you're never going to see a dude in a rubber suit....This is going to be my Jaws shark,"

>"In the background, there’s this thing moving around, this boogeyman. That boogeyman just happens to be something that you and I, intellectually, know is Spawn," he explained. "Will he look like he did in the first movie? No. Will he have a supervillain he fights? No. He’s going to be the spectre, the ghost."

>Also given that Todd McFarlane has had a completed script since earlier this year, we might be closer than ever to hearing some major announcements as far as the film is concerned.

>"I've finished the script, and I'm in the process of editing," McFarlane said. "It's 183 pages, and [producers] usually like 120. I still think it's going to end up being about 140, because I'm putting in details for myself."

So he's finished with the Spawn reboot script and Spawn will be more like a "Cloverfield" of the superhero genre. I don't mind this type of coolness but I feel like you mother fuckers wouldn't like this at all. Thoughts?

Source: http://comicbook.com/2016/09/16/exclusive-todd-mcfarlane-provides-spawn-movie-update-in-new-geek/
>>
Spawn is still relevant?
>>
>>86349700
Fuck off.
>>
>>86349722
Calm down Todd, people are still buying your action figures.
>>
>>86349739
Alright, cool.
>>
People here wouldn't like it, people here bitch about the animated show because it wasn't capeshit enough, but it sounds cool.
>>
Jaws sucked and so did cloverfield
>>
>>86349739
>people are still buying your action figures

haha, no they're not
>>
>>86349688
It sounds like an intriguing concept at first, but the more I think about it, the more I realize it's a mistake. If I'm going to watch a movie about a certain character, I wanna be able to actually see that character, even if for a little while. One of the things that was most disappointing about Cloverfield and the last western Godzilla movie is how little screen time they got.

If we won't be seeing Spawn for the whole movie, who will we see instead? Some literally whos? What interest do I have in them? I wanna see Spawn being Spawn. Not Spawn being a spectator in his own movie.
>>
File: mcfarlane_a.jpg (32KB, 349x524px) Image search: [Google]
mcfarlane_a.jpg
32KB, 349x524px
>>86349834
Have you preordered my toys yet Anon?
>>
>>86349739
What action figures?
>>
If they do this naybe it'll be a Sam and Twitch story? I like those guys.

I actually really miss Spawn. 90s was a hell of a time and I have good memories about the comics still.
>>
>>86349934
Huh
>>
Eh, something like Deadpool might really work.

They just need to try to re-create HBO Spawn's magic.
>>
>>86349739

You mean the three million Walking Dead toys and sports players?

Remember when he did Spawn and new IPs with lots of monsters? Me neither.
>>
File: sam-and-twitch-110483.jpg (181KB, 1538x1650px) Image search: [Google]
sam-and-twitch-110483.jpg
181KB, 1538x1650px
Where the fuck is it, Todd?
>>
>>86349986
The comics were pretty crappy though, I'm re-reading them now. If only Todd would've let someone else write them. Even the few times he had decent plot ideas they went nowhere and the dialogue is horrible.
I like the art though.
>>
>>86349878
Will you ever resissue your 10th Anniversary Spawn figure or make another articulated Spawn figure?

If you do I'll preorder.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.