[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I don't read single issues. >I don't like finishing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0039.jpg (2MB, 1386x2223px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0039.jpg
2MB, 1386x2223px
>I don't read single issues.
>I don't like finishing them in 5 minutes.

are these people truly fast? or are they just not appreciating the artwork?
>>
They don't realize that comic books area a visual medium on top of everything, pictures ARE what make a comic book a comic book. You can have a comic book without any words but not without images of any sort. So basically, they are reading wrong.
>>
I mostly read Silver and Bronze Age, and comics from the current decade do feel a lot faster-paced.
>>
>>86332512
It's because they're being written mostly with the intent of being read in anthologies.

Yet, anthologies don't count as much as monthly sales when it comes to cancellations. Shit's all kinds of fugged
>>
>>86330215
Man, she looks better than the spooky skeleton they casted.
>>
File: 5421728_macca-face2.jpg (35KB, 356x500px) Image search: [Google]
5421728_macca-face2.jpg
35KB, 356x500px
>>86330215
>Go on vacation with some friends.
>Hotel is about fifteen minuets from the amusement park.
>Friend says he wants to get into Spider-Man and wants to catch up. Asks me what book he needs to read in order to know what's going on.
>Tell him I don't recommend him reading current Spidey, but tell him all he needs to know what's going on is Superior Spider-Man.
>Send him the link.
>Reads the entire fucking story during the bus ride there and back.
>31 issues if 30 minuets.
>Can't believe it so I ask him what he thought about specific parts of the story to see if he did.
>He actually read fucking 31 issues in 30 minuets.
>>
>>86332512
That's because actual narration in comic books has been virtually abandoned.
>>
It's probably just exaggeration. I always feel like I read mine in 5 minutes because they go by so fast, but when I actually time it out, it's a lot longer than it feels. Either way, they DO go by really fast.
>>
File: 1422656975361.jpg (39KB, 348x333px) Image search: [Google]
1422656975361.jpg
39KB, 348x333px
>>86330215
It's more that you're just used to reading single issues so much, that you've learned to go slower in order to savor it, and rationalize that $5 you spent.
>>
>>86330215
>>86332732

Yeah, some people just read/absorb information faster than others. I grew up poor, but hated the limited selection of my small-town Midwest library, where I'd read a good-sized novel or two (at least 300 pages each) in the space of an hour or two. And yes, I know that makes me sound like fucking Rain Man, but I swear I suck at math and sports, so this is my fucking mutant power, deal with it, fuck off.
>>
>>86332732
I read 2000 comics in a weekend. Got about 20 or so of those Marvel Essentials from the library and never left my room. I'm just a fast reader, was reading chapter books in Kindergarten
>>
>>86330215

I was like that for a long time until I realized how much more you get out of a book when you actually sit down and focus on the artwork alongside the text boxes.
>>
>>86330215
The latter. I fly through comics because the art isn't something that interests me much. I can appreciate it and give credit to the artists, they're often incredible. But it's just the way I read comics. I scan the picture quickly to get the idea of what's going on and then I keep going.

I just like the stories more than anything else. If comics books were converted to just plain old books I'd be fine with it.
>>
>>86330215

Qt
>>
>>86333298
>so this is my fucking mutant power, deal with it, fuck off.

You fuck off you damn mutie! Hope that mist kills you.
>>
>>86333319
Same for me. I remember downloading 70 issue runs and reading them in one sitting. I was mostly just scanning through text boxes and not paying attention to the art. Looking back I can barely remember any of it and I certainly didn't appreciate it.
>>
10 minutes for most single issues for me. So that's 30 seconds a page. Sounds about right.
>>
>>86333344
>>86330215

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit it but I read comics pretty fast too but for the opposite reason. I think these comic stories are all basically the same thing no matter how well written they become. It's just cool costumes beating each other up. I like comics for the artwork and one time I skimmed thru the word balloons as fast as I could simply so that I could spend an hour look at the pictures instead. I'm one of those guys that don't give a shit about who the writer is but I will follow an artist's run until he stops drawing it and I will drop the book if the next artist isn't what I like. I think I'm a rare breed because whenever I run into comic fans, it's always conversations about story and honestly, after I read the stories, my memory barely retains what any of it was even about. All I remember are the cool ass drawings.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.