[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm currently watching Zootopia for the first time. I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I'm currently watching Zootopia for the first time. I was avoiding spoilers until I could buy the dvd and watch it myself, so this has probably been discussed before but.... Do you guys prefer the older concept or the current one? What do you think of the darker version?

I first heard of Zootopia back when it was announced. I have heard it was originally a spy film but the version I heard was about Lt. Hopps chasing Nick around after he's framed for a crime he didn't commit. I wasn't following the film closely after that so I didn't know they changed the plot until AFTER the film came out and I heard some spoilers around. I was disappointed. The original version sounded more fun but the final version is obviously very good too. I've also heard some stuff a about this plot, like how all predators wore collars.
>>
>>86326101
The original plot (the collars one) is undoubtedly the darker story. But the true distinction lies in their two different ways of looking at racism and discrimination: the original presents an Apartheid-type plot of prey against predator, while the newer version deals with a more "modern" and less brutal form of racism, where, for example, a bunny can is generaly seen as a non-threatening carrot muncher and a fox as a dishonest schemer. It's not as overt, but it still limits people and their freedoms.
While the first story had a noir thing going on, the final one is more of a buddy cop movie, which makes it a much lighter story (though to be fair, even with a lighter tone this movie is still darker than most Disney flicks, and some noir aspects where kept from the old script).
>>
>>86326666
Same guy.
Just forgot to say that I really enjoy the final film, and think I also would've enjoyed the original.
Just so you know, there's a very good webcomic around based on the collars idea, including some other unused concepts from the old script.
>>
>>86326666
I think the new idea is better but I still would watch the old concept. I like darker themes in cartoon but it would probably too preachy about levels of racism that doesn't exist in the western world anymore.
>>
>burying DVD's in 2016
sasuga OP
>>
>>86326933

I'm a poor person and I didn't own a Ps4 or 360 last gen so I never upgraded to BluRay. It seemed stupid and expensive when dvds were fine. I need a BluRay player but at least Disney dvds come with blu ray discs.
>>
>>86326871
>levels of racism that doesn't exist in the western world anymore.
Finally someone gets it.
>>
>>86327057
>not having any form of BD player
What? You should at least own a PS3 or something, those are pretty much cheap as fuck BD players.
>>
The old one had a lot of super powerful moments, but the story was way too black-and-white and the allegory too divorced from reality.
>>
>>86327057

*PS3
>>
>>86327207
I tend to agree.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.