[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /co/ I've been away from the comics scene for a while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: steethe.jpg (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
steethe.jpg
13KB, 400x400px
Hey /co/
I've been away from the comics scene for a while (last I remember, Daredevil was saving the Owl in San Francisco?) but three months ago, I had my son and quit my job to be a stay at home dad.

Well, I ran through my movie and tv backlog, am bored of netflix and youtube, and caught up on all of my podcasts.

Now I see I missed two reboots from the big two? Nu52 is dead?

I also see all of my favourite torrent sites are down.

What's the best way to catch up on the last year or so since the reboots that doesn't have me trolling archives of Win-O threads?

pic related. We've received four of these as gifts.
>>
>Nu52 is dead?

No, the continuity is continuing. They just changed a few things to bring back a more classic aesthetic to some characters.
>>
>>86301589
So Rebirth is more akin to a haircut and a new change of clothes than an actual rebirth?
>>
>>86301513
Grats on the baby!

>Now I see I missed two reboots from the big two?
No, Marvel is doing another Marvel NOW! relaunch soon. DC relaunched about three months ago with a small range of bi-monthly books and a staggered release cycle. The longest releases are only 6-issues in so far so you haven't missed much.

>Nu52 is dead?
No, DC Rebirth is the same world and continuity as the New-52. They just decided to bring back or incorporate more classic elements that people have missed - Wally West, Green Arrow being a big liberal, classic Superman and Lois lane have arrived from an alternate dimension with their kid Jon, etc. Basically a best of both worlds approach.
>>
File: dc-plush-krypto.jpg (112KB, 420x625px)
dc-plush-krypto.jpg
112KB, 420x625px
>>86301589
>>86301871
So what's the easiest way to catch up?

Pic is his second favourite stuffed animal. First being a three foot Spidey he just stares at with wonderment. (It's black and red with a pattern. One of the few things he can see really well as a newborn.)
>>
File: DC Rebirth Checklist.jpg (3MB, 1200x4800px) Image search: [Google]
DC Rebirth Checklist.jpg
3MB, 1200x4800px
>>86302068
>So what's the easiest way to catch up?

Rebirth basically started with an 80-page DC Universe Rebirth special, which introduces the basic concept of the wave and reintroduces original Wally West in the wave. If you'e familiar with DC, it's a fun nostalgic ride and look at what makes most DC fans love DC. Otherwise, it's not really necessary.

Action Comics and Detective Comics returned to their original numbering. Many lines (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc.) also had a Rebirth special that gave the basic gist of a series and was good for new or lapsed readers to catch up on things. Otherwise each Rebirth special isn't necessary for steady readers.

Pic is a checklist for the first set of Rebirth titles and their dates. With regards to Marvel, you might as well wait it out until the Marvel NOW(er) relaunch since it's coming pretty soon.

Since you have that plushie and a new kid, it's worth noting that the Superman series features Clark Kent being superdad to his superson Jon and also has Krypto.
>>
>>86301863
No, that Anon is under-selling it. Rebirth is restoring elements from the well know continuity that most of us grew up with without actually resetting the universe.

Example: Wally is back after he had been lost in the speed force (aka when they tried to replace him with a black kid).

The single Superman from the Nu52 has "died" and the Superman and Lois that have been married for years have returned, thinking that they are from a different dimension.

Look, it isn't that complicated. DC is back pedaling on unpopular changes and restoring the lost memories and relationships of beloved characters.

It is a big grin-maker for fans of the characters.
>>
>>86302319
That's some good info. Thank you.

Should I just keep trolling Win-O and storytime threads to find links? or is there a netter repository?

I've not been around for a while.
>>
>>86302747
The important question I have is: does New Old Supes ever smile? His metal -clad Nu52 counterpart never did.
>>
File: heroic on the moon.jpg (980KB, 1988x2096px) Image search: [Google]
heroic on the moon.jpg
980KB, 1988x2096px
>>86303198
He sure does
>>
>>86303198
New 52 Superman did smile, he just spent more time time being shit on by life than not. Vyndktvx basically gave the poor bastard the ol' Parker luck.
>>
>>86304879
tell me that's not a real name
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.