[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You ARE supporting your favorite books and your local stores

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: 20160915_142834.jpg (312KB, 1284x1723px) Image search: [Google]
20160915_142834.jpg
312KB, 1284x1723px
You ARE supporting your favorite books and your local stores right /co/?
>>
>Having local stores
>Not living in buttfuck nowhere Europe
>>
File: 522355.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
522355.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
Every once in a while? When I can afford it

and there's other people buying the books and going to stores, so don't put all the burden on me. Those other guys have got this covered
>>
Yeah I only have two books on my pull though because I'm a filthy tradewaiter
>>
You could say that I am.
>>
>>86301192
This desu.
>>
>>86302023
>pulling 104 books

what
the
fuck
>>
>>86301155
I'll support mine when they get decent ventilation, helpful staff, and comics I actually want to buy.
>>
File: 1446909554563.png (265KB, 342x450px) Image search: [Google]
1446909554563.png
265KB, 342x450px
>>86302313
>decent ventilation

my god
>>
Every week, I save my tips up and buy my comics that way. I hate floppies, but I want to support the store, and if I have five or more titles on my pull list, I get 15% off all other items in store. It doubles as a movie cinema and I get the discount on drinks and snacks too.
>>
>>86301155
>You ARE supporting your favorite books
Yes

>and your local stores right /co/?
No. My new LCS has snobby assholes working there.
>>
>>86301192
This is why I support my lcs, before we got one in town the closest place that sold comics was 4 towns away and we'll over 80 miles away. I'd have to take the bus or drive and that trip was just never worth it. Now my shop is just three miles away, I can ride my bike to it, I just wish it opened before 3pm.
>>
>>86302819
>opens at 3 pm
How in the fuck do they make that buisness model work?

Mine is regular buisness hours. 9 to 5.
>>
>>86302795
I had one of the teens who work at mine take Spider-Man and Deadpool off of my pull list last month because he doesn't think it's a comic anyone should buy. I was a little mad, but the owner of the shop is a cool dude and he was able to get my list back on track, and I haven't seen that kid working the comic shifts anymore.
>>86302930
It doubles as a Cinema, the comic shelves are right off to the side of the lobby, the work off school hours. It's been that way for years, I used to work in the very same place before the new owner added in a comic section.
>>
>>86301155
>favorite books
>
>>
File: 6534866949.png (192KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
6534866949.png
192KB, 500x375px
No because they charge cover price and paying $19.99 + tax for a trade with 6 issues in it is beyond complete insanity.

If these LCSs are failing then that's a good thing because that pure buttfucking of the consumer should not be rewarded. If the owners have no choice then I feel bad for them personally but you have to offer some incentive for me paying often THREE OR FOUR TIMES what I would would pay only other than out of the goodness of my heart.
>>
>>86301155
I'm a filthy tradewaiter, but yes.
>>
>>86303085
This, mostly. And my local store not only hikes up the prices but also only sells a selected few titles. Want the Rebirth special? Nope. Omega Men? Nope. Vision? Nope.

But they're great if you want to pay close to 30 EUR for a Ms. Marvel trade.
>>
>>86303036
>took spider man and Deadpool off my list
Holy shit, I'd of been pissed.

The closest thing my LCS did was when I came in to pick ul my pull I realised Nightwing number 2 was out and chatted with the owner about how he was my favorite hero and he added it to my pull afterwards. I actually thought it was pretty cool.
>>
Yeah, by shitposting in /co/.
>>
>>86303085
wait what

your LCS makes you pay tax?

That's fucking highway robbery. The cover price is *literally* what you're supposed to pay, tax included.
>>
I'm a NEET
So only occasionally
I bought a few issues of multiversity and rebirth
Thinking about going and getting the first few young animal #1s in a few weeks
>>
>>86301155
Yeah, going there tomorrow.
>>
Yes, even though I'd rather support my second-nearest local comics store because it's easier to get to.
>>
>>86301192
Hell, I live in my states biggest city, and we don't have a comic store.
>>
File: ComiXology-Logo-Dark-Grey.png (89KB, 1379x255px) Image search: [Google]
ComiXology-Logo-Dark-Grey.png
89KB, 1379x255px
>>86301155
>You ARE supporting your favorite books
Yes.

>and your local stores right /co/?
Haha, fuck no.
>>
>>86304993
What city?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.