[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://comicbook.com/2016/09/08/no- olicity-reunion-on-arrow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 17

http://comicbook.com/2016/09/08/no-olicity-reunion-on-arrow-in-near-future/

>After two years of Oliver and Felicity's relationship being a major plot driver on The CW's Arrow, showrunner Wendy Mericle told TVLine recently that Season Five will downplay that aspect of the series.

Will you give season 5 a chance, /co/?
>>
Not believing their lies again.
>>
>>86135413
Isn't she getting another boyfriend anyway

That'll eat up a lot of time
>>
File: Nigo Have Enough of Your Shit.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
Nigo Have Enough of Your Shit.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>86135413
Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, I suck dicks
>>
>>86135413
No. I don't care about this shit show anymore. I'm just waiting for the real Green Arrow and Black Canary in the movie universe.
>>
File: don't_believe_his_lies_jpeg[1].jpg (13KB, 249x239px) Image search: [Google]
don't_believe_his_lies_jpeg[1].jpg
13KB, 249x239px
>trusting Guggenheim
>>
>>86135413
never again
>>
>>86135413
Nope. fuck them.

At least we'll get the entertainment of their rabid Shitlicity fans getting angry over this.
>>
>>86135704
>that time Olicity/Felicity fans got mad at Percy when he said Felicity wasn't gonna be in Rebirth GA
>>
>>86135413
Arrow was always mediocre at absolute best. They made a joke out of Deathstroke and season 2 was full of dropped storylines.

If you didn't drop this show during season 3, you're a fool.
>>
>>86135750
>That glorious party when it was announced
>That chilli afterwards
>>
>>86135750
right? and then in the comic that felicity stand in secretary getting killed off-screen.

love that man and his amazing voice
>>
File: Guggie.png (236KB, 680x348px) Image search: [Google]
Guggie.png
236KB, 680x348px
>>86135413
>Will you give season 5 a chance, /co/?
>>
>>86135413
Riiiiiight. Cant wait for more shitty flashbacks, Felicity saving the day, Oliver not shooting arrows, and more stolen Batman material. Seriously, Prometheus as an evil archer? Fuck off
>>
>>86135750
Would have been better if she was in it but in her traditional role instead.
>>
>>86135778
I thought Slade was fantastic, though he could've stood to be more physically intimidating.

I dunno, Amell and Cassidy had a good rapport on screen, even if they made Laurel a bitch in S2.
>>
Hey remember when ARROW:
>Was always shit but only now do people realize this
>When flashbacks became literally nothing and for some reason Oliver wasnt always on the island
>When Costantine collected a paycheck
>When magic was supposed to be a theme last season but did fuck all with it
>When Ras went full retard because Batman kept ignoring his calls and decided to stalk Oliver
>When the writers forgot about Solomon Grundy
>When Diggle became less interesting when he became a masked vigilante
>When the writers fucked over Black Canary twice
>When Felicity killed thousands of people and nobody cared
>When The Atom became not Iron Man
>When literally anyone could walk into the arrow cave
>When Merlyn became severely less interesting than his comic counterpart
>When they fucked up Count Vertigo twice and decided to drop him
>When Oliver stopped shooting arrows and started hitting bad guys with his bow
>When Guggenhack ripped off TDKR ending and somehow made it even dumber
>When Wildcat was briefly a thing
>When they killed off Waller and the Suicide Squad
>When Felicity became not Oracle and WB stepped in telling them to knock off that shit
>When CW offended disabled viewers because they treated paralysis like a bad cold
>When their best villain was made of bees and never spoke a line
Good times
>>
>>86135413
They also said last season would be more light hearted. Then followed up by making Felicity the light to combat the darkness in the hearts of evil.
>>
>>86138228
>When flashbacks became literally nothing and for some reason Oliver wasnt always on the island
But we already knew he'd leave and join the Russian mob.

I'm still annoyed they couldn't get Liam Neeson to reprise the role again. I don't care if you have a schedule, you fucking make it work god damnit
>>
>>86137961
But Firestorm isn't in Green Arrow
>>
>>86135778
>If you didn't drop this show during season 3, you're a fool.

Does watching Season 4 for the Constantine episode count?
>>
>>86135413
Nope. Flash has enough good will plus a less bad fall to get me to watch next season.
Legends has made some promises to get a second chance.

Arrow used up ALL good will it had and then some, already made promises that fell flat and reached a low level of quality surpassing the others. Arrow is cut.
>>
>>86138768
I don't know, LoT was arguably worse than Arrow.
>>
File: CrjrxnlW8AAw0Jl.jpg (232KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CrjrxnlW8AAw0Jl.jpg
232KB, 1200x1200px
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>86138857

>I don't know, LoT was arguably worse than Arrow.

Rip Hunter was ten times worst then Felicity, even "nuking Havenrock" Felicity.

The "good" thing about being Mary Sue as at least you're competent at what you do, even if its absurd. Rip Hunter was just as insufferably egotistical and self-important as Felicity without any skill set whatsoever, he was a Zapp Brannigan-tier captain and he never got any better throughout the entire series.

I haven't hated a TV character like him since the scientist mom from Revolution. It got to the point where Rip would annoy me just by walking into frame.
>>
>>86138857
I would argue available that. But nonetheless they have said some promising things about fixing big problems from last season to get a chance. Arrow has already tried to play that card and fumbled.
>>
>>86135413

So, did there being a female showrunner coincide with the show going to shit?
>>
>>86138993
I wish he was Zapp Brannigan. Zapp may be a fuckup, but at least he's a funny and charismatic fuckup.

Main villain wasn't any better. I didn't think it was even possible to screw Vandal Savage up that hard.
>>
>>86135413
I fucking hope so.

It's literally their last chance.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 600x429px
>>86135526
Birds of a feather...
>>
>>86138880
Someone in that advertising firm is a meme master.
>>
>>86139389
Nah, as much as we'd all love to see it cancelled, it'll probably pull enough ratings for a sixth season, especially if they tease Olicity again.
>>
>>86139454
Someone should shop Sean Murray into this picture.
>>
>>86139080

Yeah, the show did nothing to convince me that powerful characters like Firestorm and Atom were needed to take down Savage. It always seemed like overkill.

I mean, Rip bested Vandal a few times in the show by himself.
>>
>>86139849
The fact that he's a boring villain with an awkward (wanted to say creepy at first, but that would've been a compliment) boner for Hawkgirl doesn't help either.

All they had to do was make him Xanatos with no redeeming qualities.
>>
>>86139849
>Firestorm
I hate how he's basically the human fucking torch on these shows. God forbid he actually mess with elements
>>
It's not just Olicity anymore which is the problem.

It's just her in general, the over focus on her. Her family, her problems, and she's getting a new boyfriend so that'll eat up time to. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, HER FUCKING MOTHER IS STILL THERE AND SHE NEEDS TO FUCKING DIE
>>
but it's always been shit
>>
>>86140018
He did it in the final episode. I suspect they'll explore it further in the next season.
>>
File: bald.jpg (11KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
bald.jpg
11KB, 400x224px
>>86135413

>Season 4 will be a return to the more comicbooky / light Green Arrow

>Kill off Black Canary for literally no reason but to prove they could kill someone off
>Marc Guggenheim confirms he likes fans who don't read comics the best

Not falling for that one again.
>>
>>86135413
Nah man, it's the same tropes and situations played between different characters over and over again. There's no actual story. Just a series of set events repeating themselves. It also has the classic irritating keeping secrets for no reason to create drama because we can't write a story bullshit. I really tried to like this show
>>
>>86135413
Nope.
>>
Arrow's been shit since it started but I'll keep watching!
Season 5! That's when it will get good! Better than Daredevil! I just know it!
>>
>>86142903
>they seriously thought that they did a better choreography than the people behind Daredevil
I laugh everytime
>>
They said season 4 would be lighthearted and look where that got us.
>>
>>86140126
It's hilarious how Felicity's estranged supervillain dad is less of a shot than Donna.
>>
File: 1425_3.jpg (94KB, 900x886px) Image search: [Google]
1425_3.jpg
94KB, 900x886px
>>86135413
Season 5? Anon, we all know Arrow was cancelled after Season 2. How can I give a chance to something that doesn't exist?
>>
>>86138181
>if they made Laurel a bitch in S2.
Now now, anon. She wasn't a bitch. She was portraying an addict who was going through the discovery of her addiction. She actually won an award from an addiction treatment advocacy group for her performance IIRC.
>>
File: JUST.png (203KB, 362x679px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
203KB, 362x679px
>>86138880
>>
>>86139836
Finally sold my copy of NMS back yesterday. With the money I got for it as well as some games I stopped playing for my Pii U, I was able to buy the Complete Witcher 3 for $5.
>>
>>86143301
They seriously compared it to Daredevil?
I don't even think DD's choreography is all that great, but Arrow's S3-S4 fight choreography makes Walker; Texas Ranger look like The Raid
>>
>>86145405
Not directly. One of the stunt coordinators said he believed they deserved an Emmy and would probably get it if they were on Netflix or another network deemed prestigious.
>>
File: laughing actors.jpg (95KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
laughing actors.jpg
95KB, 660x495px
>>86145573
>One of the stunt coordinators said he believed they deserved an Emmy
>>
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, can't get fooled again!
>>
>>86135413
You can't downpress A button, you either press or don't.
>>
File: chiakimonaka.png (1MB, 1264x711px) Image search: [Google]
chiakimonaka.png
1MB, 1264x711px
I've never given Arrow a chance, why would I start now?

I'm not even going to watch season 3 of Flash despite liking the show quite a bit in spite of its massive flaws. The finale of season 2 was a perfect series finale and all they can do with a season 3 and flashpoint is ruin it completely.
>>
>>86145873
B-but anon, you must be re-tweeting "hope they won't fuck up Flashpoint" even if you have never read it and can't actually tell what do you mean by saying that!!
>>
Nope, they've lied before, I'm not trusting them again
>>
File: 1472430225864.jpg (563KB, 1500x1714px) Image search: [Google]
1472430225864.jpg
563KB, 1500x1714px
>>86135413

Wait a second, Wendy. You feeling okay? You look a little...off...
>>
>>86138228

Daily reminder that Atom was originally planned to be Blue Beetle. All makes sense now.
>>
>>86135413
No.
I gave up for all the Olicity garbage but seeing how now they are caving in to whiners I don't feel like watching it anymore. It shows they will just do anything to please people which is always a bad thing for shows.
>>
>>86145745
Sad part is I think the coordinator was being serious.

Even funnier is that the climactic final showdown they were bemoaning their lack of an Emmy for was just Arrow and some old fuck taking turns punching each other in the face like it's fucking Final Fantasy or something.
>>
>>86135413
"No guys, season 3 will be good."
"No guys, season 4 will be good we promise!"
"No guys, season 5 will be good, we're fixing our problems!"
Fuck these assholes. It's gonna be good for an episode, maybe 2 or 3 or so, then they'll go right back to their shit.
>>
>>86135413
Fool me once, fool me twice, fool me chicken soup with rice.
>>
>>86135413
I'm going to watch it because I'm a sad, weak, pathetic excuse for a man, but I will not go into this season with any hopes or expectations.
>>
oliver and felicity fucking wasnt even the problem. it was a symptom not the cause

it was all the pointless retarded drama and arrow has not knocked that shit off since season 2 and there's no reason to think they will now
>>
File: 1447274115279.jpg (63KB, 561x401px) Image search: [Google]
1447274115279.jpg
63KB, 561x401px
>>86147764
I'm from the future. I have a picture of you that I took after the S5 finale.
>>
>>86135413
Not til she dies
>>
>stopped watching the show when Ras died and Oliver and Felicity drove off into the sunset

I am not going back, I am content with this being the end
>>
They always lie in the summer, why do you still believe them?
>>
>>86147883
I believe it, but I can't stop. What's weird is, I never had this problem with Smallville.
>>
File: momma smoak.jpg (176KB, 775x1024px) Image search: [Google]
momma smoak.jpg
176KB, 775x1024px
I...I have to keep watching anons.

Help me
>>
>>86148379
Smallville was always a CW teen drama before it was a Superman origin story. Arrow started off at least seeming like a Green Arrow weekly series with CW tropes thrown in. Now there will be anons who say it was always CW shit because they can't handle emotional expression, or romance and just want more crime-fighting and action, but for those of us who can, Arrow really inverted itself, and became CW schlock first and foremost in S3. Yes, they expanded and developed the DC content and references, but I remember the main thesis of S3 being whether Ollie could be in a relationship if he remained Green Arrow, or could only do one or the other. That immediately drew what had been supplemental content and pushed it out to center stage in terms of what the show focused on. I don't mind romance in my shows, but when you betray the enjoyable character that Felcity had been, and remold her into an audience insert who gets upset at her superhero boyfriend for wanting to save the day instead of running off with her to cuddle, and take that character and make the show more about her than the character the show is named after, I am sorry, but I'm done. I gave Arrow half of a season after the abortion that was the S3 finale, to see if maybe they could right the ship, but they didn't. They've only replaced the writing talent that made the earlier seasons good with new writers that's probably be a better fit for Steven Universe than Arrow, and the product being broadcast proves it. Arrow is dead, anon. I respect your loyalty, but you'd be astonished how much more enjoyable it is to only see it's cast during crossovers, with other shows when they feel more like their old selves than they do on their actual show. When you are tempted to tune in on Wednesday in a couple of weeks, do yourself a favor, and just don't.
>>
>>86138540
>I'm still annoyed they couldn't get Liam Neeson to reprise the role again

I swear, what don't you people understand about continuity? That would connect Arrow directly to the Nolanverse.
>>
Fuck that shit
>>
>>86135413
No. Fuck no, why would I? I don't understand why anyone would go back to it when the creator straight up says "anyone who doesn't like what we're doing with felicity and oliver is a moron and a trump supporter."
>>
>>86138540
>I'm still annoyed they couldn't get Liam Neeson to reprise the role again.
Fucking why? He was terrible. As horrible as season 3 was. At least the guy looked and acted like Ra's. I liked him a lot, way more than Liam.
>>
>>86150128
>He was terrible
He was much better than the bland fuck we got on Arrow.
>>
>>86150369
No, he wasn't. And the dude was only bland because the fuckawful writers wrote it so felicity walks all over him. The actor himself was great and the show ended when he stabbed oliver through the chest.
>>
>>86137810
I thought Prometheus was just a working name for him and he's not an adaptation of the one from the comics.
>>
>>86150538
>No, he wasn't
Yes, he was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S-r_v08ieA
>And the dude was only bland because
He's a terrible actor not capable of not looking and sounding like a wounded puppy. It has nothing to do with the writing. He was awful in every way possible.
>The actor himself was great
You have no taste.
>>
>>86146562
You know that just makes it shitter, right?
>>
>>86150767
Nah, the actor on Arrow was better. Liam played the same dude he always plays. He was also a really horrible as Ra's.
>>
File: laughing-detective-batmanskull.jpg (83KB, 352x500px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-detective-batmanskull.jpg
83KB, 352x500px
>>86138228
>>When Ras went full retard because Batman kept ignoring his calls and decided to stalk Oliver
>>
>>86151415
Better than whatever Arrow guy was playing.
>the only facial expression is the face a person makes when they try too hard not to fart
>going for calm monotone, but always sounding like a shy kid trying to confess to a girl even when he's supposed to sound threatening and badass
If he wasn't wearing a robe, there's no way I'd be able to tell he's Ra's.
Let's just agree that Arkham City had the best non-comic Ra's and call it even.
>>
>>86148609
I agree with you completely until that Steven Universe dig. SU is light years beyond current Arrow.
>>
Bullshit it is. Just like they promised that last season was going to be light hearted and have an Oliver who acts like the Green Arrow. Then the first fucking episode ends with a preview of a main character death

And Olicity is not the only flaw of this piece of shit show. Fuck these writers
>>
>>86138228
The worst thing is that now we'll never have Ra's in Gotham with young Talia meeting Bruce.
>>
>>86153426
Thankfully.
>>
>>86153703
She had more reasons to appear than Silver
>>
>>86153305
>SU is light years beyond current Arrow.
You would know. You're the one still watching.
>>
Oh. Look at that.
http://comicbook.com/2016/09/09/arrow-executive-producer-teases-big-things-happening-with-felici/
>>
>>86138228

Arrow Waller was pretty dumb anyways like all the characters on Arrow

>I'm going to get a shipwrecked millionaire to torture a guy to save lives as a training exercise for him, when lying about real lives being at stake would have been 100% just as good, and let a real professional try to torture the guy
>>
>>86135413
no, I've moves onto the other shows that saturate my desire for the genre and setting appeal

arrow has 2 seasons for me, no more (and guest appearances with one episode that must be watched to continue flash)
>>
No, fuck this goddamn show. They blew it.
>>
>>86154634
This
>>
>>86135413
This is the second timethey said this, i just stoped watching this just let this show die
>>
>>86153305
>SU is light years beyond current Arrow
If this is true then how is this shitshow even alive? I'm not defending this shit i never watched this passs season 1 because im lazy fucker, can someone explain how this become shit everyone says is because Felicity is this true? is he some kind of mary sue? or is just a meme? and how are the ratings for this
>>
>>86135413
The show was never good. I dropped halfway through season 1. It's always just been bad soap opera #7381253 with a superhero motif. Also, I guess I'm in the minority here, but I've never liked the choreography. It's nothing but cutaways, close ups, and random flips.
>>
This show was always mediocre, but the first season was watchable, then this thing become drama shit that dosen't feel like a superhero show anymore, i kinda feel bad for Amell the guy just wanted to be a superhero and now is a secondary character in his own show.

No one have the wemb where his is playing with a green arrow figurine it always melt my heart
>>
https://youtu.be/cVRiADlDEig
>>
>>86142766
>There's no actual story. Just a series of set events repeating themselves.
Truly the most comic book true capeshit yet
>>
>>86144863
Sure, but she was still a bitch. She had a reason for it, sure, but it almost feels like straight up character assassination.
>>
>>86150128
>At least the guy looked and acted like Ra's.

We could've gotten Oded Fehr.
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.