[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know the cool thing to do is hate on Marvel (as if it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

File: K5h2HeY.jpg (244KB, 900x1242px) Image search: [Google]
K5h2HeY.jpg
244KB, 900x1242px
I know the cool thing to do is hate on Marvel (as if it's impossible that, of 50 or 60 books coming from a publisher, a couple of them might be worth reading) but I for one still have a little interest in the universe so I ask /co/: which Marvel NOW books will you be trying?
>>
File: Marvel-Now-2016-Checklist-final.jpg (328KB, 891x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel-Now-2016-Checklist-final.jpg
328KB, 891x1200px
This is the full line-up we know about so far, and here is a link to the covers and creative teams:

http://www.cbr.com/the-full-marvel-now-2-0-lineup-so-far/
>>
Cage! looks great.

I'll keep reading Black Panther and Moon Knight. Nothing else really grabs my attention.
>>
>>85984526
Ultimates 2
USAvengers
WaidVengers
Champions
Jessica Jones

Still gonna keep reading:
Black Panther
Captain America - Sam Wilson
Captain Marvel
Ms. Marvel
Spider-Man

And I refuse to touch another X-Book till they bring back Cyclops.
>>
USAvengers and Ultimates 2 for sure, I really like Ewing as a writer.

Also gonna check out Champions (like the premise and most of the characters, though I find Waid pretty boring as a writer lately), Sorcerers Supreme (again, interesting premise), Foolkiller and Solo because I have a soft spot for Z-listers and I always give them a try, Unworthy Thor because I like Thor, Gamora because I'm curious what Perlman will do with the book and Star-Lord for beefcake pandering.
>>
>>85984531
>>85984531
Not among the originally announced NOW 2.0 titles are:
>Ghost Rider by Felipe Smith, Danilo Beyruth, and Tradd Moore
>Black Panther: World of Wakanda by Ta-Nehisi Coates and a bunch of female black creators
>IvX by Jeff Lemire, Charles Soule, and Leinil Francis Yu
>Monsters Unleashed by Cullen Bunn, Steve McNiven, Greg Land, Adam Kubert, (Yu), and Salvador Larroca
>>
OP I hate Marvel, but I guess if I had to recommend something from >>85984531 ...I would say...

>Renew Your Vows
>Avengers
could be good since Waid isn't writing kids
>Jessica Jones
Only book besides Ultimate Spider-Man I liked from Bendis, hope the sequel is good as well.

Ultimates could be good, too bad it'll have bad art now.
>>
>>85984531
Gwenpool, Sorcerers Supreme, Silk, Nova, Slapstick and maybe Bullseye

wtf is Mockingbird cancelled?
>>
>>85984561
Oh wait I forgot Iron Fists was a thing. Also Kingpin. Those two too.
>>
>>85984571
Oh, and forgot:
>Inhumans/X-Men: RESURRXION
>unannounced 2017 ongoing written by Kieron Gillen

>>85984577
>wtf is Mockingbird cancelled?
Low sales + muh feminism triggering backlashes
>>
>>85984526

I wonder why Silk has bracelets now.
>>
>>85984526
God you have a shitty taste.

Marvel's books are 95% crap. Enjoy your garbage you brainless drone.
>>
>>85984531
>A-Force cancelled.

Damn you, Civil War II!!
>>
>>85984526
>is cool to hate marvel
No fuck you, I hate them for what they have done to the x-men.

The only book i read is carnage and I am glad he hasnt had any crossover, but I will check out slapstick and Bullseye
>>
>>85984629
What will happen to Singularity?!
this is really important
you can't just make the cutest character ever and send her to limbo like this right?
>>
>>85984526
>>85984531
Continuing:
>Black Panther
>Captain America: Sam Wilson
>Totally Awesome Hulk
>Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur
>Ms/ Marvel

Will give a try:
>Cage
>Champions
>Doctor Strange & the Sorcerers Supreme
>Foolkiller
>Gamora
>Hawkeye
>Invincible Iron Man
>Iron Fists
>Jessica Jones
>Nova
>thanos
>USAvengers
>Ultimates 2
>Unstoppable Wasp
>Venom
>>
Is that Shang?
>>
>>85984657
Same.
Maybe she and Nico will go whenever rest of the Runaways are? They'll be back when hulu show doses MU with some synergy
>>
Might check out Renew Your Vows.
Will pirate Death of X and IvX.
>>
>>85984678
Also Dazzler unless she might appear in IvX and/or RESURRXION
>>
Foolkiller and Slapstick
>>
>>85984620
Calm down mang. Different strokes for different folks.

I'm not getting anything from Marvel, OP. I'm tired of how they keep operating. I would recommend anything from Ewing though. He does a good job showing the benefits of continuity and a shared universe.
>>
fuck, they should bring back the future foundation as a tribute to the FF and just have a revolving cast of teachers and adventure arcs with all the cool unused kids in the Marvel universe
this is such easy money
why don't they do this
>>
>>85984620
and what's YOUR taste, friendo?
>>
File: 5768539b665d0.jpg (89KB, 560x850px) Image search: [Google]
5768539b665d0.jpg
89KB, 560x850px
The most intriguing title of all. As fan of Deadman, I'll take what I can.
>>
>>85984751
there's a Deadman mini with GOAT art coming out soon anon
don't read BLM the book
>>
>>85984751
>inhumans
>>
>>85984751
>As fan of Deadman, I'll take what I can.
I don't understand what you're trying to imply.
>>
>>85984713
Books with rotating cast don't sell

>>85984688
Dazzler and Nico's friendship was one thing I didn't knew I wanted until this book gave it to me.
>>
>>85984531
are they going to Rebirth Spider-Man with Renew Your Vows and kill of Peter while replacing him with married and has kid Annie or whatever thats not Mayday
>>
>>85984765
There's no Deadman book so his knock off is what he'll take.
>>
File: implying.gif (855KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
implying.gif
855KB, 500x281px
>>85984526
>I know the cool thing to do is hate on Marvel (as if it's impossible that, of 50 or 60 books coming from a publisher, a couple of them might be worth reading) but I for one still have a little interest in the universe so I ask /co/

The issue with Marvel isn't just about awful books or pandering to the wrong crowd, its only the tip of the iceberg.

The issue with them is that they are CUNTS, and deliberatly try to shit and insult their consumers, and their marketing tactics are disgusting. The things that they do would never fly on any other company or media.
>>
>>85984620

95% of ALL comics are shit, and the OP didn't give anything about his tastes, only suggested that MAYBE some of the new Marvel books will be good, and that discussion is how we find those 5% of books that are good or great. So stop being a shrill, reactive faggot and enjoy some comics.
>>
USAvengers should be good. New Avengers was pretty fun when it wasn't being dicked over by constant pointless crossovers
>>
>>85984526
Cage, USAvengers, and Ultimates

Been a while since my Marvel reading list was THAT small.
>>
>>85984531
Any news on the Nova creative team? (fuck you if you say Bendis without proof).
>>
>>85987268
See you at NYCC
>>
>>85987268
They haven't said anything about it since SDCC. Makes me worried.
Wasn't this supposed to come in November too?
>>
>>85984932
You dont know what youre talking about. You dont give examples. Do you even read cómics or just read random pages on 4chan that cause outrage?
>>
File: don't get cocky.png (88KB, 414x584px) Image search: [Google]
don't get cocky.png
88KB, 414x584px
Currently reading:
>Ultimates
>Captain Marvel
>Power Man and Iron Fist

Definite Additions:
>Iron Fists
>USAvengers
>Ultimates2
>Nova

Skeptical but interested in:
>Venom
>Thanos
>Champions

I'm excite really
>>
>>85984531
No Carnage? Please tell me they didn't can that one...and what about Spoder-Man and Deadpool?
>>
>>85987378
There are literally screemcaps of them saying that they try to make the fans mad because they will buy more comics.
>>
>>85984526
>this book slowly turns into a team book
>it's way better then champions
>>
>>85984531
What hacks are writing all this crap?
>>
>>85984751
Deadman is about to have a mini though.
>>
>>85988102
So you're saying you don't read comics. The comics that cause outrage are three of a 50+ lineup.
>>
>>85984605
>unannounced 2017 ongoing written by Kieron Gillen
is he out of money or something?
will it be JiM, Uncann X-Men or Young Avengers tier?
>>
>>85988215
Not him, but
>three
I think bendis alone has more than that, right now.
>>
>>85984526
I'll keep reading Ms Marvel, Silk, Totally Awesome Hulk, Moon Knight, Hawkeye, and Power Man & Iron Fist, since those have been pretty consistently good.

I'll probably start reading Renew Your Vows and Jessica Jones. See how those turn out.
>>
>>85987337
>Wasn't this supposed to come in November too?
No. The fact that it was the only one that didn't have a creative team or tagline listed in the preview book should tip you off that it's likely going to be one of the last NOW 2 books to get launched.
>>
>>85989515
The vast majority of Bendis comics result in a groan and a shrug more than anger. Unless you're one of those thin-skinned faggots that gets triggered at the tamest shit imaginable.
>>
>>85984761
>don't read BLM the book
Just because a book has a black protagonist doesn't mean it's BLM: The Book.
>>
Have a couple, you deserve them.
>>85984620
>>85984620
>>
Renew your Vows
Cage!
Captain America: Sam Wilson
Captain America: Steve Rogers
Champions
Doctor Strange
Great Lake Avengers
TA Hulk
Iron Fists
Kingpin
Moon Knight
MS Marvel
Nova
Power Man and Iron Fist
Thanos
Us Avengers
Ultimates
>>
>>85988215
Nigga, stop being a company whore. There are literally screemcaps saying "angry fans buy more comics, so we make them angry".

I won't support a company like this, if they have anything worth, I will just pirate.
>>
>>85984526
DcFag here not to into marvel but always wanted to give some books a try. Is Pic related a book looks like a fun group. Only book i read was all new ghost rider is robbie in anything right now?
>>
>>85990124
That wasnt said by a writer, but by and editor. And he doesn't write comics. I read marvel, DC and image. Stop being a casual. Go read vision.
>>
>>85990322
Stop defending and supporting shitty business practices.
>>
Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows
Cage!
Thanos
U.S.Avengers
Jessica Jones
Ultimates 2
Monsters Unleashed

Continuing:
Captain America: Sam Wilson
Captain America: Steve Rogers
Moon Knight
>>
File: frodo ElijahWood.jpg (24KB, 300x456px) Image search: [Google]
frodo ElijahWood.jpg
24KB, 300x456px
Why do people complain about Marvel if they always end up buying the books?
>>
>>85984531
This list has me worried, I don't see Carnage, All New Wolverine or Spider-Man/Deadpool. Did these three titles get cancled?
>>
>>85990171
>is robbie in anything right now?
His book is getting a relaunch starting in November. Just going to be called "Ghost Rider" instead of ANGR.

OP's book is pretty good and worth checking out, though so far its just been a solo book. We haven't really gotten any details on what's up with the team in the OP.
>>
>>85990529
All three are in the November solicitations so it's unlikely they're getting cancelled. All-new Wolverine is confirmed to be continuing. Carnage is confirmed up to issue 17 (November solicit is for #14), which means it'll last until at least February though it sounds like that's the last arc. No word on Spider-man/Deadpool one way or the other, but it sells really well so it's unlikely that it'd get cancelled and the november solicited issue is a filler issue which they wouldn't bother with unless Kelly was working on a new arc for the book.
>>
>>85990521
Do we, now...?
>>
>>85990659
Whew, alright, good, all three are on my pull list and I'm just not ready for them to end. Hell I'm not ready for Vision to end, but I k ow it's only got one or two issues left. Thank you anon, I'm a little less worried now.
>>
>>85990322
>I read DC, Marvel and Image
>stop being a casual

Top Kek.

But seriously, the company does a lot of shitty things apart from just deliberatly making fans mad, the current wave after wave of poorly done events is also shitty for example.

And the other anon literally said that he read Marvel if it is good, but won't give them money due to the way that the company act.
>>
>>85987378
But even if he really don't read comics at this point everyone knows he is right, even you.
>>
>>85990705
Do we what? Complain or buy?
>>
Does USAvengers have a release date/window?
>>
>>85990821
Buy, obviously. Complaining is what we do best.
>>
The "EVERYTHING MARVEL DOES IS SJW" shit is way overblown and shitty events like CWII have been the norm for over ten years now.

But I have to say the last wave of new books seemed like the point I would get back to regularly reading Marvel after five years, but almost everything that had a promising creative team ended up being a major disappointment.

I know Waid and Robinson haven't exactly been on the top of their game for several years but I expected much more of them, especially reading interviews. Spencer's Cap stuff has been meh. Aaron is continuing to flush himself down the toilet for no reason on Thor and Doctor Strange. Coates seemed like he'd give us a great, understated run on Panther but instead it's just boring. Walker failed to deliver with PM&IF. Thunderbolts is an abortion.

The real tragedy of Marvel isn't SJW pandering, it isn't Bendis and his awful events, it's that good creators seem to keep putting out mediocre stuff made even worse when it's cut off for another relaunch or a crossover after ten issues.

I did discover Ewing through this, so it wasn't all bad I suppose.
>>
>>85990847
December.
>>
>>85991318
Read DC instead
>>
>>85991403
I do, I was raised on Marvel but started reading DC in 2010 and became a diehard fan within two years.

Now like only ten percent of my trade/omni collection is Marvel, though that's still like 30-40 books.
>>
>>85984526
when will MCU adapted this SJW avengers?
>>
>>85991992
As soon as DC gives Marvel back the rights to Doom Patrol.
>>
Continuing:
CA: Sam
CA: Steve
Thunderbolts (because it ties in with the Cap Hydra plot)
Black Widow
Gwenpool
Spider-Woman

Will check out:
USAvengers
Wasp
Jessica Jones
Cage
Champions
Unworthy Thor

I'll probably check out a few more of the new titles on storytimes here in case any of them are good. I'm always willing to give the new things a chance.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.