[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii7 q2IZXM2Q Is he right, /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 7

File: CnRSMu4W8AA1UdW.jpg (127KB, 1180x830px) Image search: [Google]
CnRSMu4W8AA1UdW.jpg
127KB, 1180x830px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii7q2IZXM2Q

Is he right, /co/?
>>
>>85972583
>bald faggot with faggy earlobe stretchers and nose piercing
Could he look any shittier?
>>
>>85972583
>animation is supposed to be x

Oh fuck off.
>>
>>85972702
i didn't even watch the video but all animation should be traditional
CGIshit is garbage
>>
>>85972702
He literally never says this, he just thinks using different species of animals as an allegory for racism doesn't work too well.
>>
File: 1465295076426.jpg (31KB, 502x432px) Image search: [Google]
1465295076426.jpg
31KB, 502x432px
>>85972583
>I bet this is Max Gilardi.
>click link'
>It's Max Gilardi
>>
>>85972724
Funny for you sayng that since the video is animated in CGI
>>
>>85972724
Looks like he wants this to be a weekly segment likely to help fund his other efforts, so it only makes sense to keep things cheap and easy to produce.
>>
>>85972758
But with the new youtube rules, it will be hard for him to monetize his videos. That pic in OP is a no-no now, for example.
>>
>>85972583
I don't want to hear Max Gilardi's opinions. I want to enjoy his cartoons, feel intense shame afterwards, and then go home.
>>
>>85972583
>You can't used animals to represent the subject, because a bunny has to expect a fox to be scary

But isn't the moral that Judy should expect Nick to not eat her because she know WHO he is and not WHAT he is?
>>
>Animals can't represent the subject because fox eat bunnies

But isn't the moral that Judy should not fear Nick by knowing WHO he is, a not WHAT he is?
>>
>>85972583
Nice advertising.
>>
>>85972583
This reminds me I always forget to watch Fantastic Mr. Fox.
>>
File: co tries to critique a.png (41KB, 764x394px) Image search: [Google]
co tries to critique a.png
41KB, 764x394px
Is he right?
>>
>>85972583
Why is Max such a goddamn contrarian these days? Also this screams of "I'm pandering to the Reddit audience"

>>85972822
This but no, shut up "u cant convert le racists so what is the point xD why cant my kids cartoons like the ones i used to watch, kids these days, fuck PEECEE culture xD"

This feels like Sequelitis all over again.
>>
>>85972583
i like the animation desu
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with racism.
>>
>>85973308
The guy make that Sans/Papyrus video think that he can criticize media and writing?

Channel Awesome must be hiring him until the end of the year
>>
>>85973756
It sounds like raisins
>>
>>85972583
>small-minded
>pc terminology
He sounds small-minded. And I still wanna fuck that bunny.
>>
>>85972583
This guy seems like a real smug asshole
>>
>>85973841
>you have to be a 5 star chef to critique food
>>
>>85973971
>food comparison

That being said, that guy and Max can fuck off in terms of critiquing anything considering their most recent output is meme videos.
>>
>>85972583
>Is he right, /co/?
I'm not even going to watch the video, but if he's applying real world logic to a cartoon
YES YOU FUCKING IDIOT, MY FUCKING GOD, WHO GIVES A SHIT
WORD OF GOD EXISTS BECAUSE AUTISM, APPARENTLY, HAS EXISTED SINCE THE INVENTION OF THE STORY
>>
>>85973922
It's his whole schtick.
Ever since his first cartoon he's been all about fucking people too dumb to realize it over.
He made a ton of MLP cartoons which are crude as fuck and got invited to some panel where all he did was make fun of the people asking questions, it was fun.
>>
>>85973971
You have to fucking be. You cannot just dismiss all anime because you don't like it.
Fuck off with your bullshit thinking.
>>
>>85974038
So you're implying that you eat all the food you get served to you regardless?
>>
>>85974036
is there a youtube video of that?
>>
>>85974175
yes
limiting yourself doesn't make you credible to anything
>>
File: 1453836297486.jpg (71KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1453836297486.jpg
71KB, 600x600px
>>85974183
You're welcome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMnnYth3X-A
>>
>>85974175
Would you trust a teetotaler to be able to judge between fine wines?
>>
>>85972640
Having brightly dyed hair instead of being bald.
>>
>>85974238
No, but that's not relevant.

I know what kinds of hamburger toppings make a hamburger good and gross to me. But I won't take a fucking food analogy further.
>>
>>85974269
Nah, baldies are worse. At least badly dyed hair goes away in a month.
>>
>>85974301
and he could just grow his hair back in a month, he's just shaved after all.
>>
>>85972583
No. Of course not.
He hasn't even understood the movie.
It isn't about fucking racism explicitly.
He just thinks that because he can't think of any other form of prejudice, bald moron that he is.
>>
>>85972583
>Sneetches
>Subtle
uh huh
>>
>>85972583
He says they didn't think too hard about the racial allegory in Zootopia when that is dead fucking wrong. In fact, they put so much thought into it, after they let the control group review they were told to tone the racism down to pretty much child like levels.
>>
>>85974449
Well, it is a children's movie.
>>
>>85974230
I'd say he's being a dick here, but these people are just so unsalvageable that they deserve to be bullied.
>>
>>85972583
Yea
>>
>>85974510
They had adults in the control group as well, and adults paid to go see the movie, so its not exclusively for kids. Its original plot was just too much to handle for general audiences.
>>
>>85974596
>makes an entire video series about horses saying fuck that directly appeals to those people's sense of humor
>"lel im so above u tho, but support my patreon please."

He's with his people, anon.
>>
>>85972822
>>85972902
>>85973576
the problem is, in reallife racism there was NEVER a species of humans that were evil or inferior in some way towards other humans of the same time period.

People didn't hate Niggers because Niggers used to eat White people because of prehistoric instincts. Same with terrorist, islamic extremist don't kill because of instincts, but simply because they were raised wrong.

All of this makes no sense with making it about animals an allegory for it.
>>
>>85973898
[Who doesn't?]
>>
>>85974230
HDD and Egoraptor are like polar opposites when it comes to animation.
>>
>>85974713
Because it's not a direct allegory about racism in the sense that fox = black people, rabbit = white people. You see Judy get shitted on for a good first half of the movie and get lumped in with stereotypes associated with rabbits in their world, she just gets the upper hand in terms of society due to her position of power and kicks off the anti-pred stuff by spreading misinformation. It's not just racism its bigotry in general so it can be applied for classism, xenophobia, sexism, etc. It WAS supposed to be a more direct racial allegory but as >>85974449 stated they had to tone it down because it is in fact a Disney movie primarily for kids.

Hell even takin into consideration about instincts, animals don't just kill for the sake of killing. They kill to eat, and in a world where (albiet not explained as well as it should have been) needs such as food for preds can be satisfied just how we satisfy it then there is no need to kill other animals. Just fish and bugs because fuck them.

Also Fantastic Mr. Fox wasn't about a fox resisting his "biological urges" to steal and be civilised, it was about an ex-great thief akin to Arsene Lupin seeking to reclaim the glory days while also struggling to keep his home from the farmer about to plow it away like other animals' burrows. It's as allegorical as Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is an allegory of food regulations and working conditions. But I'm going to assume he just said that to sound edgy and contrarian considering the rest of his video's presentation.
>>
I can't tell if this is a retard reviewing a cartoon badly, or satire of a retard reviewing a cartoon badly.
>>
>>85975078
The former, I guess.
>>
>>85975078
I hope its the latter considering he's also saying stupid and untrue shit about Fantastic Mr Fox.
>>
>>85975078
Is it really done that poorly? How could he have done better, alternatively, would you care to elaborate on the weaker points of his arguments or opinions?
>>
Does this guy have a single creative home in his body? His style reeks of discount John K and his animations consist of poking fun of whatever show or video game is topical and trendy at the time.

Then he has the gall to critique grade A movies like Zootopia and Fantastic Mr Fox?
>>
>>85975348
You care too much.
>>
>>85975185
Eh, for that he would still do a piss-poor job of satire as he spouts blatantly wrong shit, but not comically wrong shit.
And without any contextualisation satire falls on its face online because you can't be sure what the random guy intended to say here.
For satire your target must be established for the audience, but a bad reviewer is not an established entity.
There is no signature move, no known trait with which to pick up the audience so they get what you are doing.
So, no matter how you turn it, he is a moron.
>>
>>85972583

This guy didn't get the point of the movie.

But I wouldn't expect someone who puts the video thumbnails as >lel shirtless babe and big reaction face.
>>
>>85974713
>there was NEVER a species of humans that [was] inferior in some way

I can see you've never met an Abbo.
>>
>>85975269
>could you elaborate on the weaker points?

Really? You need me to? You can't figure that out yourself?
>>
>>85972640
Yeah he does look stupid but who gives a shit?
>>
>>85974175

Yes? Didn't your momma tell you to not waste food?
>>
>>85976433
Weak bait, dog. At least make something up.
>>
>>85972748
congratulations you recognized a very easily recognizable art style
>>
>>85972817
You mean he'll actually have to put effort into making his videos funny as opposed to just slapping something vulgar/violent over already existing property?
>>
>>85976574
If he wants to make money through ad-revenue at the very least. Thankfully, Patreon is there so his fans literally just give him money to churn out nothing in particular.

(Although I just checked and he's only getting like $1,259 a month as of now. I mean its for doing nothing but wow. Just wow.)
>>
>>85975348
>His style reeks of discount John K

Why? Because it's cartoony? I don't think John K is the only animator to have a style like that?
>>
>>85975269

Well, it's an assumption that rabbits and foxes think differently in the film. We can assume they are the same because they walk and talk, which they can't in real life and they tell us as much that they've all evolved.

Further, he forgets that implying that predators want to kill would mean that they are homicidal monsters in this setting, which disproving in the movie is a major point.

Lastly, he missed the actual message. The message wasn't that racism is bad, it's that everyone is a racist on some level and that society is a flawed, full of assholes and maybe one day it will be better.

I don't think he even watched the movie.
>>
>>85973576
>I'm pandering to the Reddit audience
What does this even mean? How is he pandering?
>>
>>85974422
That was my thought. I think this guy's videos are just bait for fan autists. I'd say the movie was a lot more nuanced then a lot of movies that deal with this subject. If it had just been some preachy thing, the story wouldn't have bothered to show that multiple groups can be prejudiced against each other at the same time. They would have just made one side "The Victims."

And since when is "small minded" a PC/SJW term?
>>
>>85976892

Nope, just him. Well, him and people taught by him.
>>
>>85976925

The overall comedy feels more Rick and Morty than his own and he relies heavily on self deprecation/misanthropy as the punchline which are Reddit staples. He's also clearly trying to goad tumblr users throughout the damn thing with the borderline racist implications so he can post funny screencaps and have it shared on his Reddit.

It's not that hard to see and he's been doing it since the pony stuff, man.
>>
>>85977193
>relies heavily on self deprecation/misanthropy as the punchline
>He's also clearly trying to goad tumblr users throughout the damn thing with the borderline racist implications so he can post funny screencaps

Don't anons do this too?
>>
>>85977274
That's true too, but its a thing that's more popular to do on Reddit in terms of how people with usernames would react to.

I especially don't care for the latter since it always detracts from actual conversation into circlejerks.
>>
>>85977312
>but its a thing
>>
>>85977274
Yes. Reddit and Tumblr are just buzzwords that give people a reason to hate something. Just call it reddit. Works every time.
>>
Triggering SJWs for views is a low form of comedy.
>>
>>85977312
You seem to know a lot about reddit. I think you should go back and stay.
>>
Of course he's right. Even niggers in zootopia stealth general wasn't able to come up with anything besides praising fancy CGI and I WANT TO FUCK THAT BUNNY which means everything else is shit. Disney throw away original idea with dystopia and left racism is bad m'kay.
>>
>>85977409
no u
>>
>>85976903
Except the movie made an entire point that predators ancestors DID in fact hunt and eat prey animals and some characters even point out that it's still in their DNA.

The point was more their not homicidal ANYMORE.
>>
This man isn't an authority on storytelling. He's not an expert on anything regarding the subject and his only portfolio is making ponyshit """"parodies""""
>>
>>85974617

it was basically "pity my fursona: the movie" ,

where they showed oppressed minority by the
majority just because
>>
File: 7KkiWbU.png (21KB, 422x154px) Image search: [Google]
7KkiWbU.png
21KB, 422x154px
>>85973308
>reading comments on youtube
>ever
>>
File: 1471276833968.jpg (120KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1471276833968.jpg
120KB, 720x540px
Damn, you guys really have a hate boner for this dude.

i love it
>>
>>85980258
It's not a hate boner if this is the first thread made on him for a while. And even then its mostly just disagreeing with him with actual points and reason as to why anons are disagreeing.
>>
>>85975269
My real gripe is his insistence about FMF's theme.
He makes the mistake of confusing 'subtle' with 'not intended'
Mr Fox is an engaging story with great characters, but it's not in anyway a direct allegory for anything, certainly not what he claims.
Any themes it has are entirely up to viewer interpretation. It is clearly not intended to be about 'succumbing to primal urges', though it can be interpreted in that way. For example, if he can't ignore the drive to steal because it's a 'primal urge' he can't ignore, how does he so easily refrain from eating the various rodent characters pictured in the film?
The movies aren't nearly as similar to each other as Max thinks. They involve talking animals, and that's pretty much where the similarities end. The setting of Mr Fox is flimsy and exists only to house the plot of the film. There's nothing beyond the backdrop. Zootopia delivers a world with rules, structure, and social systems that allow the motivations of the characters to exist.
>>
File: 1454976759385.jpg (13KB, 395x395px) Image search: [Google]
1454976759385.jpg
13KB, 395x395px
>>85980298
I know, but you always get the people dismissing this guy for all the pony stuff, but i like this more than most of his stuff even with all the flaws, i hope it grows into something better.

Thanks for the (you)'s anon, i appreciate it.
>>
I don't really agree with all his statements about Zoot.

But he's got my respect for praising FMF. That film is criminally underrated.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.