[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>lets make a cartoon where the characters do funny voices

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 9

File: maxresdefault.jpg (142KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
142KB, 1920x1080px
>lets make a cartoon where the characters do funny voices and wacky faces for 5 minutes
>"you know, i hate family guy because-"
Why do people even like psychicpebbles and OneyNG? They're nobodies with massively unwarranted senses of self-importance.
>>
>>85947263
Do they make animations anymore?
>>
>>85947290
I want to know the same thing.
>>
Newgrounds was a mistake.
>>
>>85947290
>newgrounds is dead
>youtube is a HORRIBLE platform for animators
>Egoraptor became an LPer and a shitty rapper
>Speedo only draws smut now
>Oney and Pebbles apparently only hang out and masturbate nowadays
>Only people making animation on youtube are massive autists like Animated "farts in my face" James and pandering hacks like Hotdiggetydemon

Internet animation is deader than animation for television
>>
>>85947495
How do we improve YouTube for animators in a way that keeps it from being easily abused?
>>
>>85947538
We make Newgrounds relevant again
>>
>>85947618
Even Dailymotion stands a better shot than Newgrounds.
>>
>>85947263
>nobodies with massively unwarranted senses of self-importance
So they're exactly like every other animator ever
>>
>>85947718
Every other internet animator, at least.
>>
>>85947538
It probably can't be fixed. Youtube is more preoccupied with making money than actually offering a good service that stimulates creativity. Content creators make money from how many views their videos get, and from how much of the video people watch from them. This is why LP channels are so popular, because recording yourself playing a video game and then splitting it into ten, 10 minute videos is a sure fire way to get ad revenue, and way easier than, say, animating a cartoon, which takes a lot longer and it's a lot harder.
And not only that, but now youtube is fucking people over for having "advertiser unfriendly" stuff on their videos(strong language, controversial subjects, references to sex and drugs...)
Youtube isn't about "you", the little man, and it hasn't been for a long time now. Even HUGE channels like pewdipie are just fodder to them now. Youtube is a site where large studios and corporations go to advertise their shit.
But yeah, back to animation, it takes time to make, a lot of effort, motivation, and skill. That's why it's at the bottom of the youtube hierarchy.
>>
File: genesis.png (207KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
genesis.png
207KB, 500x325px
>>85947290
The two things Oney has made good recently

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6ihWLbPtPE
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTi9Pvli6es
>>
Because Family Guy likes to assume it's very intelligent and insightful (see: Brian) while simultaneously making the same jokes every episode, or worse recycling 5 minute long jokes every couple of episodes (see: Chicken). Meanwhile, people like Oney generally take the piss out of the subject matter (like DBZ) by making everything silly and retarded, while still resembling the actual subject/show.

Overall, it's the condescending superiority from Family Guy that makes it terrible, in addition to the tired jokes. Oney et al. can get tiring after a while, but nothing worth more than simply ignoring.
>>
>>85947263
Because unlike Seth Mcfarland they're actually funny.
>>
>>85948161
I can tell you're underage.
>>
>>85948051
>Overall, it's the condescending superiority from Family Guy that makes it terrible
Literally every internet animator has that same attitude.
>>
>>85948360
>ad hominem

noice
>>
>>85948384
Yeah, but it's so clearly verbalized in Family Guy that it's annoying to listen to. And does anyone here even watch Oney that much? I've seen like two of his videos, laughed, and moved on. What exactly is he being condescending about? Most of his stuff seems to be taking something cool or popular (shows, games, memes, whatever) and making them look silly or stupid. Is that really so offending? Does anyone even give a shit?
>>
>>85948041
that cringefest?
I had a friend like the virgin who made that character named genesis on second life
really thought he was some kind of ninja demi god
I just cannot believe these people exist
>>
The only self-righteous youtube animators are Stamper and Ricepirate. There's really no reason to actively dislike Oney or psychicpebbles just because they don't have some smug sense of superiority like the first two.
>>
File: dick neck.jpg (21KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
dick neck.jpg
21KB, 420x315px
>tfw that flash animation revival from 2008-2012 will never come back again
>>
I just realized that Egoraptor hasn't made a real animated video in 3 years
>>
>>85949115
Don't forget sequelitis is dead too.
>>
>>85948752
I miss animutation.
>>
>>85949319
That went to shit anyways with his Zelda video

Fuck me the guy understands nothing about games even though his videos are 99% about them
>>
>>85949364
What was wrong with the zelda video? Besides the fact he acted like LttP was perfect?
>>
File: gayman.png (189KB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
gayman.png
189KB, 640x358px
>>85949115
Who give a crap about him. It's not like he was good at it. I hope those fags at least finished Uncharted 4 LP.
>>
>>85949384
The entirety of that LP is just Chris whining about how boring the game is and acting like he actually knows anything about game design. Who cares.
>>
>>85947263
I like them over Fanily Guy mostly because they are short. FG has to pad out with anything they can think of for 20 minutes, as opposed to shorts where these guys only need to use their funniest material with no padding. I don't know any behind the scenes stuff.
>>
>>85949384
Speaking of dead channels
>tfw no more original stuff like Wacky Game Jokez 4 Kidz and Jerry
>>
>>85947495
Hotdiggetydemon

What's wrong with him?
>>
>>85949438
Can't say his wrong. It's not even a videogame anymore, more like a movie. And this is the best thing that happened on that channel since Dark Souls LP, so yeah, a lot of people actually care.
>>
>>85949440

>their funniest material

I don't even want to think what their bad material is like.
>>
File: youtube_channels_01.jpg (66KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
youtube_channels_01.jpg
66KB, 450x253px
>>85947538
There should be a separate "animation" category for starters rather than bunching them together with comedy or video games.
>>
>>85949516
Eh, I liked Uncharted 4. I wasn't even bothered by the cut scenes that much.
>>
>>85949483
Not entertaining unless you're a kid or retarded.
>>
>>85949874
That one sonic video was pretty good.
>>
>>85947718
and their audience. O-ho! {That's me!}
>>
File: me 2.jpg (63KB, 612x518px) Image search: [Google]
me 2.jpg
63KB, 612x518px
>>85949542
and when I mean "animation" category I mean people who actually make animated content.

Those cringey faggot reviewers, analyzers, theorists, let's watchers need to fucking perish
>>
>>85947263
I still like those guys and I hope they do more stuff, but yeah I did always find that hypocrisy fucking weird. One minute they'll be talking about how they just write stupid fart jokes and make silly voices in their videos because it's funny to them, the next minute they'll be complaining about how lazy Family Guy's comedy is.

But saying they have big egos just because they're critical of something is stupid. They're both pretty humble guys. They're just hypocrites is all.
>>
>>85949542
Would it work if you got a higher CPM (and better advertising), but were restricted on how much content you can monetize per month?

Like if you are an animation channel, advertisers might pay 12 dollars per ad, but you are restricted to 30 minutes a month for videos you can monetize.
>>
Harry partridge is still a thing...
>>
>>85947263
Oney is still cool, Zach is a hack
>>
>>85951963
how is zach a hack
>>
>>85947863
But I thought controversy was great for advertising and grabbing views. The news thrives on it
>>
>>85951994
cuz it rhymes
>>
>>85947495
UnkleJoe still makes animations and they're still miss and 11/10 best of newgrounds animators.

Shame he ended Great the Show right afyer it got good.
>>
I like Chris and Zack. They should have been picked up for Adult Swim like god intended.
>>
>>85951994
His humor almost entirely revolves around wacky and CUH-RAZY voices, deep throating his mic, and being an edgelord
>>
>>85948568
>I had a friend
>I just cannot believe these people exist

Do you no think before you type? This contradicts itself. Are you retarded? You have triggered my autism. Time to play with my trains.
>>
Oney's still funny, just outside of animation. I've almost pissed myself laughing at Oneyplays more times than I can count.
https://youtu.be/9sOnYHfwYIA#t=7m18s
>>
>>85949477
Not dead though. Max still makes stuff. Just not original stuff.
>>
longer flashes with higher quality animation made on more primitive hardware made by one person AND released with better regularity was the standard back in the newgrounds days. Tons of content made by a large pool of very productive and creative people was made from 2001-2010-ish. they really have no excuse with only 2 episodes of hellbenders being released in 4 years. It's literally a conceptless, indescribable shitshow, no wonder they have such a hard time pitching it
>>
>>85947314
Egorapter was a mistake. He made this happen.
>>
>>85953938

>higher quality animation

no
>>
>>85954482
yo?
>>
>>85947290
>>85947313
Yes. But they aren't NEETS anymore, so they have to make cartoons basically for free and support themselves.

They stream themselves animating and doing commissions all the time. Animation takes a really long time.
>>
>>85950274
>let's watchers
>>
>>85953152
>you triggered my autism
Only an autist would have trouble wrapping their head around such simple wording. You can easily experience something first hand but have trouble fathoming it if it's a certain amount of ridiculous.
>>
>>85947538
Honestly, I don't think anything good could ever come from YouTube at this point. My hope is that some new competitor springs up and actually gains enough traction to become the new mainstream. Everyone wants one after all, YouTube keeps making horrible decision after horrible decision, especially with their recent advertising fuckery where they de-monetize any videos with "problematic" content, even videos that were created before this new policy. What's even worse is that they're using a fucking algorithm to flag the videos so you have huge swaths of videos that only get flagged only because they happened to fit a few arbitrary keywords.
>>
>>85956809
There's alternate ways for people to support their favorites, like Patreon. But yeah, it would be nice if Youtube was less awful, or had a competitor to keep them in line.
>>
>>85947263
Fuck you, OP. They're legitimately funny.

The self-importance is just confidence.
>>
>>85949438
Chris and Arin have god-tier chemistry and I can't fathom how you don't see that
>>
>>85958752
Funnier than anything on gamegrumps, although I know it's not saying a lot
>>
>>85952912
Nope, you're wrong
>>
>>85959269
Well, nothing can be replied to that. This is an impenetrable argument
>>
to be fair, writing jokes when you clearly have no experience in writing can be a fucking huge undertaking, so both Oney and Pebbles opt to go for the easier jokes. I think half the reason they got as big as they did is that back then nobody was making cartoons like that
>>
>>85947263
>make parodies
>get famous
>start making your own stuff and start shit talking people who make parodies

Cool.
>>
>>85947863

>Adult only TV channels make millions off ads.
>Youtube videos aimed at more mature audiences are deemed unprofitable.

what.
>>
>>85948041
He's doing a lot more Let's Play stuff with SuperMega involved in the editing process. The Sonic Adventure 2 videos are something to look forward to.
>>
>>85947263

I like them and their humor outside their cartoons, but the cartoons they make are everything they complain about. It's so weird.
>>
File: 1419310059825.jpg (21KB, 372x260px) Image search: [Google]
1419310059825.jpg
21KB, 372x260px
>>85947263
>>lets make a cartoon where the characters do funny voices and wacky faces for 5 minutes
That's not why I hate family guy, OP.

There i a dozen reasons why I hate family guy, and this reason is not on the list.
>>
>>85960869
I had low expectations going into a Sonic playthrough with them, but it is surprisingly good.
>>
>>85961251
Projection perhaps? IDK
>>
>>85960802
Pretty sure in a podcast they recommended people to start off making parodies so they can get noticed and build a fan base.
>>
>>85961775
Literally every YouTube animator already does that
>>
>>85948161
>LoL
https://youtu.be/eI3uFgRVFuI
>LOL
https://youtu.be/V9eer29iS-Q
>L-O-L
https://youtu.be/v6cnQA17xIw
>>
>>85947495
Adding,

>Yotam can't make enough living and has to get freelance and barely does anything on youtube anymore

at least I found out he does a voice on Camp Camp today.
>>
>>85947495
>Oney and Pebbles apparently only hang out and masturbate nowadays

Have you forgotten about the television show pilot they've been working on for the past three years?
>>
>>85962578
They pitched it to adult swim and it bombed.
>>
>>85963065
but they kept working on a finished pilot to have a finished product to pitch
>>
>>85947495
Now they mostly do oney plays, usually of old vidya and some newer ones. Just him and a couple friends sitting around shitposting essentially.
>>
>>85947538
its dead brah
>>
>>85948051
FG is already well aware of how shit they are. Even though Brian is some sort of mouth piece like everyone says, he constantly gets shit on
>>
>>85949378
A lot of his arguments are based on him either misunderstanding game mechanics to the point of incompetence or just not liking things and claiming that makes them bad.
>hates the combat because it forces him to wait and it's hard to do anything
>most enemies crumble if you learn what items they're weak to or how to block against them
>arin refuses to block or use items because it slows the game down, not realizing the alternative is even slower
>loves iron knuckles because they provide the only "real" challenge in the game
>iron knuckle is the only enemy that ignores blocks and is immune to items
>the only enemy arin likes is the only enemy who ignores the design the game is built around

Also despite it taking multiple years to do it reads like he rushed it out without checking to see if his arguments are consistent and logical.
>hates blade traps because he can't keep track of them when he can't see them
>later tries suggesting a mechanic to make platforming sections more interesting
>it's exactly the same as blade traps except over a pit
>>
>>85965238
Arin is just bad at 3d games in general. A lot of his complaints about anything can be simplified to "it's 3d"
>>
>>85949378
I felt like he forgot what points he was trying to make half way through so he just rambled.
>>
>>85965238
Stating things are objectively Ely false about the game (like needing to wait to kill enemies) should automatically invalidate the entire video, but he has too many fanboys for that to happen so people will continue to take his opinions seriously.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.