[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know Steven Universe has a lot of fans, but is it legitimately

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 349
Thread images: 39

File: steven.jpg (87KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
steven.jpg
87KB, 960x540px
I know Steven Universe has a lot of fans, but is it legitimately good, or are people hyping the fuck out of it just to justify the fact that at the end of the day, they're watching a cartoon? I'm asking because I've recently watched Gravity Falls as my first TV cartoon past what I watched as a kid, and while I enjoyed it, it wasn't anywhere close to as good as people were claiming, and I had a lot of problems with it at the end.

I watched the first like, 3 or 4 episodes of SU around a year ago, and it didn't really catch my attention, but it might get better. I'm also really not a fan of the designs, but maybe I'll grow to like them.
>>
Why did you think your weak ass opinion needed it's own thread? Its a solid kid's show with a rabid autistic fanbase. Thats it.
>>
the second one.

but there's also a big push for people to say it's great because it's progressive.
>>
>>85933835
You just don't understand the standard for what's good or not. The longer the watch something, the higher your expectations become and the more you want out of it time and time again. It's a good show. That's it. It's not gods answer to boredom but it's close and people enjoy it. You've been watching cartoons since your father left and your mother needed something to distract you with when she had customers over. You're a vetted veteran and this show just might not jive with you in a way it would have back then. It's ok if you don't like it.
>>
>>85933835
honestly the jokes are pretty good and it's got heart

It's not perfect by any means

Plus Greg Universe is a positive role model.
>>
>>85933857

Because I wanted honest balanced answers from a majority, even from people who might not like it. Baiting a general is just asking for trouble.
>>
It's over hyped as fuck definitely. That's just what fandoms do. It's still a pretty good show, in my opinion. Just don't get your hopes up, and you might get some enjoyment from it.

P.S. it gets much better later in the series.
>>
>>85933835
it's a good show, but it's been way too hyped by certain people and there's a few bad episodes - some of the more recent ones have been a little off, for example.
don't worry if you don't like it, and don't force yourself to watch it

expect a lot of shitposting in the thread, though. people like to get really polarised over it for some reason.

>>85933966
this
>>
Its Allright generaly pretty good but when they have a had episode they go all out on the shittyness
>>
File: 1470822201595.png (135KB, 785x714px) Image search: [Google]
1470822201595.png
135KB, 785x714px
>>85933835
I dunno man, it's been, what, 4 years? I'd say people would shut up about it already if it was all empty hype and nobody genuinelly liked the show

Give it a few more shots. The first season is undoubtedly the slowest one. Don't think the slice of life stuff is ever going away, there's always some of that, but the show will slowly move away from it's initial monster of the week format. If you can't be bothered to watch the whole thing, as selected episodes that could help you get hooked i'd suggest Giant Woman, Too many Birthdays, and Lion 3: straight to video. Maybe Cat Fingers and Tiger Millionaire too. But again, it's probably best to watch all of it in order, if nothing else to allow the narrative flow as it was intended
>>
>>85934078
>>85933835
Oh crap, i didn't remember the pic contained insults. Sorry OP, i don't want you to eat dick
>>
>>85933835
It's really solid. It builds lore and then actually uses it to tell a story instead of cockteasing the fans for seven fucking seasons.

Watch it until "Ocean Gem". If you bbc are interested, keep watching, if not, stop
>>
this show is way better than gravity falls. at the end of the day, a lot of their jokes sucked
>>
>>85933835
like most things, it's overhyped, but it's not terrible. Honestly, my enjoyment for the show has started to rapidly decay. It's gotten hard for me to care about a lot of the characters. They also do this weird thing quite often where they'll make a joke, and then subsequently laugh at their own joke, It is kinda strange and makes the gag not funny. The action is, for the most part, pretty crap, so don't go watching for the action. If you like lore and stuff like that, you may be into it.

A lot of people got used to the designs, I never did. The biggest reason people watch this show is because it's an action cartoon with a storyline, something uncommon these days.
>>
>>85933835
>but is it legitimately good
No.
>>
oh look another thread about SU with the OP asking if the show is really good and/or worth watching.
>>
It's good.

It doesn't have the same issues as Gravity Falls, so don't worry about that. You don't have the issue where characters who seem like they're part of the main cast fail to develop and remain shallow, or where arcs drop halfway through, or where red herrings litter the story to give the illusion of a complicated mystery that never amounts to anything.
>>
>>85933835
+ Characters like Garnet and Peridot are interesting to watch develop and progress through the show.
+ The whole concept of fusion is intriguing because it asks how much of the fusion's mind is its own identity or that of the two who created it.
+ Some of the story in the background is interesting to read about like the Gem War and just how many friends the Crystal Gems lost back then.

- Steven's annoying and sucks any hint of charisma in every scene he's in. His voice actor hitting puberty and being pitched up to still sound like a kid doesn't help.
- The jokes just aren't funny. At their best, they can be cute, I guess. But the majority of them just don't do anything for me.
- So many fucking Beach City episodes. I don't care about what Sour Cream is doing, just get to Yellow Diamond already.
>>
This thing has songs?
>>
File: 1470653580557.gif (244KB, 283x233px) Image search: [Google]
1470653580557.gif
244KB, 283x233px
>>85934229
I'd even say great songs
>>
>>85934196
>or where red herrings litter the story to give the illusion of a complicated mystery that never amounts to anything.

My biggest problem with that show, the cock teasing gave the impression that there'd be a lot more than there actually was with the lore and overarching mystery. Other than that, Mabel being a complete hypocrite, like with the message of hitting on girls to build confidence is wrong, but Mabel keeping a journal of her summer conquests is A-Okay.
>>
File: image.png (117KB, 506x285px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
117KB, 506x285px
>>85933835
Beneath the veneer of magical girl adventures, the show has some pretty solid scifi worldbuilding. It makes the idea of mass-manufactured immortal hologram aliens conquering the galaxy in giant stone warships a completely normal thing.
>>
It's legitimately good, Season 1-A surprised me with how much I enjoyed it, it's just so different than anything else airing right now.
>>
Pretty good but the lows are really low (gem drill, steven floats, mr greg, beach city drift, restraunt wars, alone at sea, gem hunt, bismuth, mindful education (and of course say uncle but thats noncanon))

People will say its tumblr pandering but tumblr just deluded themselves into thinking it was (except beach city drift that was maximum overpander)
It can get frustrating at times the way steven never asks any fucking questions.

just as the killing is always bad stuff starts to get to frustrating they come out and say that some people do need to be killed which is a large part of the reason i stuck with the show after a spat of bad episodes
>>
>>85934427
>Pretty good but the lows are really low (gem drill, steven floats, mr greg, beach city drift, restraunt wars, alone at sea, gem hunt, bismuth, mindful education (and of course say uncle but thats noncanon))
Woah that's some top tier bait.

Kudos.
>>
>>85934437
Whats a bad episode to you then.
>>
>>85934252
Thats highly subjective.
>>
>>85934483
Certainly not Mr Greg, Mindful Education or Restaurant Wars.

I'd say House Guest and Onion Trade are low on the list for me. The first one had an okay story but was presented badly, the second one didn't feel as tightly written as most episodes.
>>
>>85933835
It's legitimately fun, has some fun character designs, entertaining jokes,a suitable amount in inbuilt lore to expand upon and some great music (both songs and in the soundtrack). It's not the greatest show of all time but it's pretty good.
>>
>>85934427

I can 100% guarantee that you are autistic.
>>
>>85934427

You literally have three Emmy award contenders on your "bad episode" list.

I sure hope you are underage by multiple years, so you at least have an excuse.
>>
It is good, and it is hyped up to seem better than it is. Like everything anyone likes.
>>
>>85934437

>gem drill
Ok i cant auctualy remember what it was i hated about this one i know i felt the ending was bullshit but there was more.
>steven floats
Oh look another fucking new power
>mr greg
Lets combine the musical episode, the empire city episode and the greg reconciles with pearl episode into one unholy 11 minuite abomination.
Its over isent it was a fantastic song but it does not save the episode
>beach city drift
Lets listen to tumblr and turn this show into sjw universe with a rape analogy despite already having an entire rape arc and have our protaginists suddenly deeply bothered by something they had brushed off before. Oh we cant have people liking kevin give him every possible negative trait you can think of.
>restraunt wars
Oh shit we ruined ronaldos relasionship think we should do something about that
Nah fuck him
>alone at sea
Lol jasper is some sort of fusion slut now
>gem hunt
Oh boy connie finaly gets the chance to be a badass on her own. Oh wait nevermind jasper shows up and we cant just fight a simple monster now.
>bismuth
Lets build up a likable character that everybody expected to hate and then turn her into a war criminal using an inefficient wrapon without even giving lapis and peridot any upgrades
>mindful education
Where to fucking start i really cannot be fucked listing everything wrong with that episode right now

Theres also all the jasper jobing shit
>>
>>85934598
Well ok restraunt wars is only really horrible because they never followed it up.
>>
>>85934437
Those were pretty dull episodes though. The recent crop has been pretty underwhelming, save a few gems
>>
>>85934598
>Mindful Education
>Bad
You must be underage, or you're just retarded.
>>
>>85933835
Very nearly 100% of the time, if a show gets a general or talkback thread on here, it's a good show. The only exception I can think of is Albert Hedgehog. I mean what the fuck was that shit about.
>>
>>85934598
I can't take the opinion of somebody who didn't get the Tokyo Drift homage seriously.
>>
>>85934078
I would suggest Cat Fingers too. Back when the show was first airing I dismissed it. Then caught Cat Fingers by accident and I realized this show is not at all what I thought it would be like. Now I'm getting teary eyed and hyped about episodes.
>>
>>85934649

Of course he's underage and/or retarded. Pretty obvious from all the spelling mistakes.

>>85934598

Son, you have to be 18 to post on this site. We'd let it pass if you had the mental capacity of an adult, but you don't. So stop posting and go to bed.
>>
>>85934598
Can't appreciate some good Broadway, eh?
>>
>>85934649
>should have been a connie and greg episode or at least a connie and amethyst episode
>the song did not have any relation to connies problem at all it was singing about balence and shit when the problem had nothing to do with steven
>she did not even fucking beat him up that should have been a plot point.
>there was no 2 on 2 fight before the fusion battle so connie could finaly fucking get a proper fight
>steven fucking slows down his descents when sad
>the song was far to fucking long
>>
>>85934703
Im not denying the songs were good im saying the episode was to cluttered.
>>
>>85934205
In my opinion, Steven has gotten thoroughly less annoying. He's probably one of - if not THE - most likeable character in the show. Your dislike for both Steven and the humor of the show makes me think it's possibly not a show for you.
>>
File: sleep.png (285KB, 600x830px) Image search: [Google]
sleep.png
285KB, 600x830px
>>
>>85934730
>>85934720
>>85934612
>>85934598
>>85934427

Please, for the sake of everyone here, just stop posting. My 12 year old cousin has more insight than you. Go watch something that doesn't go completely over your head, maybe the Pokemon anime or Dragon Ball Z.
>>
>>85934649
The episode essentially said Connie's getting PTSD and then largely ignored the implications of that.
>>
It's good. It does a lot of new things that hit notes people have been looking for but couldn't get other places. For example, it's an action show, but the conflicts are often resolved through genuine understanding (as opposed to superficial anime UNDERSTANDING).

The animation is only serviceable and it still falls prey to a lot of things that hold back many shows; the diversity that it's often touted for us superficial and often results in problematic representation issues and no real answer for the questions "diversity" is supposed to answer. There are also several blatant self-interest/Mary Sue characters who disrupt the otherwise saccharine-yet-realistic tone of the interpersonal relationships the characters have.

Generally speaking, people should watch it, but understand that it's flawed and not the second coming.
>>
>>85934776
It didn't at all, what the fuck.
>>
>>85934829
it ignored connie because steven has MORE ptsd
>>
>>85934676
Being annoyed with how they treated Kevin as a character isn't mutually exclusive with knowing that it was an INITIAL-D homage.
>>
>>85934829
>Boy bumped into me
>Training kicked in and I instantly responded as if I were in combat
>In a fucking school
That's PTSD son. Here mom was completely right in wanting to keep her away from Steven. The kid's life is fucked up and now hers is too
>>
>>85934853
Remember that Connie's trauma was the one that got a song dedicated to it. Steven's hadn't been brought up yet.
>>
>>85933877
but the jokes are by far the weakest part of the show
>>
>>85934437
>Gem Drill
I understand that the bubbling the cluster scene was kind of underwhelming, but this episode is far from the show's "really low lows." I thought the drama, at least leading up to the bubbling scene, was excellent. Plus, it has to be considered as a 2-parter with Super Watermelon Island.
>Steven Floats
I thought it had some good humor. Again, not an amazing episode, but I legitimately don't understand why you think it's bottom-of-the-barrel.
>Mr. Greg
I think the musical/empire city/greg and pearl story was mixed masterfully and I wouldn't have had it any other way. They were in Empire City FOR the broadway aesthetic, and the Pearl/Greg story was great. It allowed for some very moving songs, and why shouldn't the musical episode be able to have plot in it?
>Beach City Drift
To me, another fine episode. Good music, good moral. Not amazing but not lowest of the low.
>Restaurant Wars
One of the funniest episodes in a while, in my opinion. People got too worked up over the Ronaldo gag in my opinion, and even so, they offered some closure on KBCW.
>Alone at Sea
Another great episode for me. Very good drama and commentary on mutually abusive relationships, with more Lapis screentime.
>Gem Hunt
Eh, this one was fine. Still not bottom of the barrel for me, but the only one on this list i can imagine justifying. It was more just to set up plot points than anything.
>Bismuth
This is a top tier episode. Great drama, character development, voice acting, animation, everything. I can't imagine why you don't like it.
>Mindful Education
The best episode since Bismuth, I'd say. It helps to know that the song wasn't specifically written for the episode, rather, Rebecca sugar wrote it for herself during a low point in her life. Even so, the animation sequences during the song are masterful and moving to me, and the Steven drama that happens later on has gotten the most reaction out of me than pretty much anything else in the show.
>>
>>85934893
Well that was the twist at the end. It seemed like they didn't give shit about Steven's clearly bigger issues, then they ended on pointing out how much more fucked up he is. I did appreciate that much
>>
>>85934927
>>Bismuth
>This is a top tier episode. Great drama, character development, voice acting, animation, everything. I can't imagine why you don't like it.
Not him, but breaking point was a really dumb weapon, and given the nature of gems it seems out of place to bring up the "Is it right to kill your enemy in war" philosophical dilemma. It doesn't really make sense in their universe.
>>
>>85934913
I think Peridot's funny, if nothing else
>>
>>85934989
Homeworld gems had no problem whatsoever with shattering crystal gems. It was the crystal gems that discovered morality, that's why they were insistent in not shattering.
>>
>>85934427
>It can get frustrating at times the way steven never asks any fucking questions.
I'd say that's my only complaint because it seems less like they're maintaining Steven's perspective and more like they're using it to needlessly draw out the story. On the plus side, I'm patient and appreciate the stories in between the lore bombs.
>>
>>85934989
It makes perfect sense in their universe. In fact, it's probably best examined in their universe than in any other cartoon. In gem warfare there is either the option to poof and bubble a gem, which is basically detaining them until further notice, or to shatter them, which is basically killing them.
>The breaking point was a really dumb weapon
How?
>>
>>85934989
The drama is not about the Breaking Point. It's abundantly obvious it's a terribly impractical weapon that would be useless on the battefield that was created purely as an expression of Bismuth's desire for revenge. The drama of that episode revolves around Steven meeting a member of the Crystal Gem rebellion who is revenge driven and immoral and discovering his mother lied heavily to her own followers.
>>
>>85934893
The song had nothing to fucking do with connies shit garnet was telling them to nut up and stay together.
It should not have been a stevonie episode at all.
>>
>>85934892
You don't fucking know what PTSD is, stop talking about it.
>>
>>85934927
>the song wasn't specifically written for the episode
And it shows it is completly out of place
>>
>>85935014
>>85935045
>>85935052
These
>>
>>85935087
Only if you're emotionally retarded, I'd say.
>>
>>85935014
Thing is shattering, at least how bismuth proposed, is not actually a good tactic. They state in the same episode Rose's sword can dematerialize a gem in a single swipe. It's superior to the breaking point right of off the bat. And the gems can bubble each other. There's no effort at all in simply detaining gems forever. The whole issue with execution vs imprisonment is due to how impractical imprisonment is, but for gems it isn't. There is no cost and barely a dilemma at all.
>>
>>85935052
Well at least we can agree its an Impracticle weapon.

I have seen so many people try to claim it is fast when it can be clearly seen how slow it is and it drives me mad.
>>
>>85935087
I didn't feel it was out of place at all, I just thought saying that would help you make more sense of it. The song's lyrics don't directly state what connie's situation is, but they apply to quite literally any troubles anyone can have and how they can affect a relationship. It's both applicable to the scene and relatable to the audience.
>>
>>85935082
So what is it
>>
>>85935102
The song tried to make connies problem into a stevonie problem.
Steven should have barely featured in the episode.

If they fell apart because steven was mad at conie for fliping the kid sure but he did not even know.
>>
>>85935139
I'm not the guy you're arguing with but it's Post Trauma Stress Disorder. Learning how to fight is not a life-fucking experience. Having flashbacks to a terrifying and grueling war is not the same as having your instincts kick in.
>>
>>85934927
>Rebecca sugar wrote it for herself during a low point in her life

[citation needed]
>>
>>85934892
Thats not ptsd thats just dificulty controling your reflexes.
>>
>>85935128
But they weren't effecting steven and connies relationship the falling apart was all on connie.
Its a fine song but it was incredibly out of place
>>
>>85935164

Completely wrong.

You are too autistic to understand this episode, or any other. Don't try to argue about things your brain cannot comprehend.
>>
>>85935087

what the fuck, it talks about facing bad memories with the help of other people

it specifically says "brake apart" referring to fusions separating

are you on crack?
>>
>>85935126
And I think it was intentionally animated that way. Shattering is actively counter-productive to the Rebellion's goal, as their only source of recruits is disaffected Homeworld Gems they manage to flip, and if they start shattering indiscriminately, they have no Gems they can flip while in captivity, they potentially render useless Gems who may have joined them, and they embitter any friends the shattered one might have had and turn them firmly against the Rebellion.

Bismuth is wild, self-destructive and unreasonable, putting her lust for revenge against the Homeworld above everything, and her actions and the fact that Rose had to cover her up exposes a very stark truth to Steven: A lot of Crystal Gems probably had no real interest in protecting earth, but were simply driven to strike back out of anger and oppression.
>>
>>85934598
Shut up bones
>>
>>85935206
They still should have given lapis and peridot upgrades first
>>
>>85935121

Nig, the advantage is that ANYONE using the breaking point can permanently fuck up any gem, so even a low level pearl could fuck up an quartz warrior, an entire army equipped with a lethal one hit kill weapon that doesn't depend on the strength of the user is certainly much more deadly
>>
>>85935059
>telling them to nut up and stay together

It's about learning to face your problems with the knowledge that you can overcome them and that there are people who will support you as you work through it. It wasn't about the specific actions Connie took, but rather how she was (not) dealing with her problems, which also later becomes relevant to Steven's issues.
>>
>>85934598

So a bunch of completely autistic nitpickings and comically missing the point of every episode. Got it.
>>
File: maxresdefault1.jpg (150KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault1.jpg
150KB, 1920x1090px
>>85935172
She is not learning to fight for shits and giggles. The training automatically turning on is her stress response to the trauma, which she is now perceiving while walking down hallways in school.
>>
>>85935164
>>85935195
Did you just not listen to Garnet at all? Her literal words were "If one of you is falling apart, your fusion will as well." The episode was about people in relationships having to talk to each other and think about their problems. You're fucking stupid if you can't understand how if one person has a problem in a relationship, it will affect the relationship.
>>85935174
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZK2dwfdOkw
>>
>>85935243
The breaking point is clearly a difficult weapon to use. If anything, it requires more skill to get the precision needed and somehow mitigate the vulnerability created by it's long charge up. A pearl would have better chances wielding a sword than the breaking point. It's just a bad weapon
>>
>>85935059
Ys, it had to. The whole point of the episode is "you don't have to deal with your shit alone, there's people supporting you and you can get through with it." Fusion is all about support and trust, so it makes sense.
>>
>>85935174
http://rebeccasugar.tumblr.com/post/149777951403/here-comes-a-thought-the-demo-i-wrote-this-song
>I wrote this song to calm myself down while I was going through a difficult time.

This is what I like about her songs, a lot of times they're based on personal experiences and it really helps humanize and ground the song.

Like, "I'm Just Your Problem" in Adventure Time, she wrote that keeping in mind a time when she was really frustrated with her college roommate, but at the same time, she wanted to impress them. I don't remember the specifics but she said as much on the commentary for that ep
>>
>>85935243
If that's what the Bismuth had in mind, she would have just built a gun like a proper nigger.
>>
>>85935315
So Rebecca Sugar was to blame for Bubbline.
>>
>>85935272
And yet steven and connie did not talk about connies problems.
Not after the song anyway
>>
>>85935272
why is deedee magno looking at sugar like that?
>>
>>85935308
But in the end she did deal with it alone
>>
>>85935351
1) They literally did. I don't know what the fuck you're on.
2) They don't even necessarily need to as long as they're fused, because being fused in itself is the ultimate representation of understanding and synchronization of thought.
3) The point was pushed even further when Connie talked to Steven about his problems.
>>
>>85935270
She fucking reacted to a perceived threat for a moment the trauma came after
>>
>>85935307

>The breaking point is clearly a difficult weapon to use

It's as simple as point it to the gem and shoot, even Steven used it right without any prior knowledge of it's operation or mechanism.

>Precision

it had a tip the size of a dish and it only requires one hand to wield so it's not like you can't use other weapons with it, weight isn't a problem for gem kind.
>>
>>85935350
Eh at this point you can blame the entire staff, but yes that episode was a huge jumping off point for the ship.
Now that I think about it, I think that's one of the only times Rebecca ever actually worked on an episode teasing it, the rest has been the rest of the crew.
Most other Rebecca Sugar episodes with Marceline focused more on her other issues

On that note, I should really rewatch Lady and Peebles
>>
>>85935386
It also has a several second start up
By the time you get it in position and ready to fire you will have been stabed 3 times over
>>
>>85935363
Only after she talked with Steven and understood that it wasn't such a big deal and that she couldn't run from it forever.

The animation of the song is beautiful and mirrors Steven and Connie: Ruby had only one regret and was desperately trying to fight it, while Sapphire had a lot of regrets and did nothing. She just stood there, overwhelmed. Then they find support in each other and start working things out.

The same thing happened with Connie and Steven later on. Connie as Ruby and Steven as Sapphire.
>>
>>85935363
She dealed with it with the help of steven, and then resolved it on her own. I originally responded to you because I wanted to reach an understanding about why you disliked so many good episodes, but the more I argue with you the more I realize how fucking dense you are. How old are you, anon?
>>
>>85935432
>>
File: Mr._Clarke.jpg (47KB, 575x785px) Image search: [Google]
Mr._Clarke.jpg
47KB, 575x785px
>>85933835

Kind of tl;dr here, but here goes.

Gravity Falls was good for a mystery cartoon for kids. I liked the borderline humor it had sometimes, especially since it was in Disney. It wasn't perfect, though it had potential to be nearly perfect. I'm still happy for the mystery that we got out of it, though. I agree that GF's ending was a mess and obviously rushed.

Steven Universe is also a good cartoon, to be fair. It has an interesting overarching plot, which is not common with kids shows since most cartoons rely on stand-alone episodes. Its tone might not be something that's for everyone, as it packs a lot of heart (Steven strives to be good all the time, and there's a lot of crying involved).

I personally think it's kind of a breathe of fresh air to have a character like Steven. He's not mean-spirited, but at the same time he shows kid-level selfishness at the start of the episode. He's thoughtful way too much, that it's probably his weakness instead.

SU is notorious for having such slow first 10+ episodes or so. When you reach around ep 20 or something (notably Giant Woman), it definitely picks up. Cat Fingers and Frybo are also notable early episodes as both have body horror and a slight creepy tone.

If you're interested, you should give it a try again for the plot. It's slowly unraveling.

I don't go to the SU threads a lot btw. I also don't have a tumblr, and I mostly stay away from the "fandom" and whatever phenomenon that festers over a popular show. I just watch cartoons to bond with my younger siblings.
>>
Nah, it's shit. And this is coming from someone who's all caught up on the show. I just watch it so I can bully the waifu fags on /sug/.

Also Peridot is my waifu.
>>
>>85935469
;) whatever you say.
>>
>>85935469
If that's true, I can only hope for your own good that you're autistic.
>>
>>85935405

It does have a charge up time, but i guess every weapon has its downside, still it's just an issue of timing it correctly.
>>
>>85935496
>what is sacrificing speed for power
>>
File: 1466797258287.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1466797258287.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>85934078
>But again, it's probably best to watch all of it in order, if nothing else to allow the narrative flow as it was intended
The payoff for the really good and revealing episodes is definitely better when watched in order.

Lion 3: Straight To Video was such a good episode because of the Rose build up.
>>
>>85935475

>I just watch cartoons to bond with my younger siblings.

Same. My lil sis loves SU and so do i, it's good to have somebody to discuss the episodes with.
>>
What is it with sufags and refusing to accept an episode is shit just because it has a great song in it.

You dont see anybody claiming that this day aria made canterlot wedding good.
>>
>>85935510
this. OP, if you're still here and the arguing hasn't driven you away, please don't watch any of those three episodes. If any, too many birthdays. But you should really just watch it from the beginning.
>>
>>85935383
The trauma is fighting gem monsters. Her reaction is a result of her being unable to decompress once the trauma has passed. There was no reason for her to perceive a threat in her school environment, but because she's apparently tensed up all the time she did and ended up attecking a kid for bumping into her.

This is the kind of thing that happens to soldiers who've seen combat, or even ones that have just been through intense training. They can't turn off and end up with extreme reactions to everyday things. She's got at least one symptom of PTSD. Who knows, maybe she also sweats bullets every night dreaming about one of the many times a gem monster has endangered her life.
>>
>>85935507

You're not sacrificing speed, the breaking point doesn't slow you down, even Steven could lift it without any problems and he's only half gem.
>>
>>85934205
I like how Steven changes from an oblivious kid (to the point that he's annoying because he's used to everyone paying attention to him and letting him be) to being an actual thoughtful, sensitive kid (to the point that he hides his issues from the Gems so they won't be worried about him).

The Test was a good episode that showed this.
>>
>>85935537
Hell its not just mindfull education never mind that mr greg blew empire city on a conflict that could have been resolved in beach city its over isent makes everything ok.
>>
>>85935569
Speed of attack. Doesn't matter how fast you are, the weapon takes like three seconds to go off. A sword slash takes one, usually less
>>
>>85935569
You can swing a sword a lot faster then you can fire the breaking point.

Its insanly slow.
>>
>>85935587
>blew empire city

You're saying that like Empire City was something that needed to be used for something. It's just a fucking place, anon.
>>
>>85935507
I'm talking about weapon speed, usually strong shit is slow and/or impractical in some way
>>
>>85934748
Sleep tight, Mr. Smiley

Why was his VA changed again?
>>
>>85934776
>>85934853
>then largely ignored the implications of that.
It should be obvious to you by now that these little things will be addressed in the future. The show does this.
>>
>>85935620
It's funny how many people get upset that Jasper or Bismuth were "wasted" like they're dead forever and never going to be relevant again.
>>
>>85934748
Sleep tight, Mr. Smiley.
>>
>>85935632
Bismuth a shit, hope she stays bubbled forever
Bring back centipeedle
>>
>>85935601
If you are going to use it use it right with the whole fucking gem cast.
>>
>>85935475
>>85935529
Same here. Heck, my brothers and sister care so much about the show they're willing to watch it with me in english, subbed
They're kinda forced to at certain points since the italian translation often goes on hiatus, kinda like the normal show. It doesn't give a source for it, but the wikipedia page currently says the Summer of Steven episodes are going to be translated in fucking 2017. Something similar happened back during the first season, somewhere before Rose's Scabbard the show just stopped here for an year circa. It took so long some of us believed it was going to be cancelled in Italy because of the lesbian-ish stuff
>>
File: yeah....png (88KB, 386x318px) Image search: [Google]
yeah....png
88KB, 386x318px
>>85935610
dunno, I just hope he shows up in more episodes. he's too pure for the show
>>
>>85933835

I mean, for a kids show it does deal with a variety of topics in a pretty open-minded way.

It goes fucking HAM on the melodrama sometimes, though. A lot of crying and and that shit. I saw one episode about like, old childhood friends and forgiving eachother, all that stuff.

The next thing one guy is crying ready to murder the other guy to bring back a girl who disappeared. Around two minutes later they were laughing and joking like nothing.
>>
>>85935164
I think you kind of missed the point of the episode.

Something is bothering Connie and she didn't open it up to Steven. It's important for them to be open and trust each other for the fusion to be stable. It was addressed and everything seemed dandy, but the surprise was that even though Steven was willing to help Connie with her problems, he himself has a mountain of problems he doesn't want to face or share.

We had to see Connie's problem first, then see how it affects Stevonnie, and then apply all that to Steven who, surprise surprise, is harboring a fuckton of issues.

It also showed how to deal with (in this case) two different kinds of problems. Connie's might not seem too big of a problem, and when she addressed it she kind of solved it in the end, so there's that problem that can be addressed right away. Then we see Steven's big problem, and while the song also helped him to realize he needed to open up, Steven's issues didn't really go away in the end, but at least it was a step to addressing it.
>>
>>85933835
>I know Steven Universe has a lot of fans, but is it legitimately good, or are people hyping the fuck out of it just to justify the fact that at the end of the day, they're watching a cartoon?
Some do the latter, but for some it's the former. Hard to say if you'll like it, people have different tastes. If you enjoyed GF then Ithink you could like this one too.
>>
>>85935666
When the fuck are we getting more mayor dewey
>>
>>85935665
Does Italy really ban shit for lesbianism?
>>
>>85935315
>she wrote that keeping in mind a time when she was really frustrated with her college roommate, but at the same time, she wanted to impress them
Nice. I didn't know this.
>>
>>85935708
>she kind of solved it in the end
They addressed the symptom but not the problem.
They kind made it out as if there was no deeper problem so I'm not sure they ever will.
>>
>>85935708
It was still a waste of what could have been the long overdue connie/greg episode
>>
>>85935733
http://steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/Steven_Universe_Censorship_in_Foreign_Countries

A lot of countries censor shit.
>>
>>85934205
All of these
>>
>>85935734
Yeah its one of those things that makes the episode feel a lot better in my eyes. I already liked the episode but hearing the commentary gave me a deeper appreciation for it.
It also goes without saying that the other song in the episode was also based on personal stuff, but at the time I can't recall what it was specifically. I just remember really resonating with it
>>
File: 1471093294181.png (416KB, 682x887px) Image search: [Google]
1471093294181.png
416KB, 682x887px
>>85934252
FASTER
>>
>>85935756
>Europe censors the word "butt"

Yurop. How prudish of you.
>>
>>85935733
Not that i know of. But all those talks about CN UK editing a couple of shots to make the show look less gay made people's mind wonder about what was going on with the pause

Plus in the recent years gays have been a big topic here because some politicians tried (and i think succeeded) to legalize (civil) gay marriage

But on a side note, as you can see here >>85935756 the european (and others) CNs just cut and rework all sorts of shit. It's not about gays, sometimes jokes or actions are cut for no apparent reason. Sometimes i guessed it must have something to do with runtime or something, but i have no idea
>>
>>85934748
Sleep tight Mr smiley
>>
>>85935756
I wonder if treehouse still censors loser
>>
>>85935351
No, Connie opened up, which prompted other people to help her (Garnet) and support her (Steven). With the advice and support, she had courage to deal with Jeff.

Pearl's training on Connie and its effect might get addressed in a future episode. All this magical stuff will definitely have an effect on her. This started during her first mission and facing the two corrupted Jaspers.
>>
>>85935800
And I thought Australian edits to Adventure Time and Regular Show were being pure random.
>>
>>85933835

It's really just a matter of taste.
>>
>>85934748

Sleep tight, mr.Smiley. You deserve it.
>>
>>85933835
The first few episodes are pretty weak.
The episode where Steven learns shapeshifting is where it starts to turn around.
>>
>>85933835
It's not the greatest thing since sliced bread or anything, but it's a reasonably good show. Quality-wise it's kind of like Young Justice or GLTAS where not every episode is super great, but the episodes that are good are REALLY good and it manages to throw in some genuinely surprising twists and reveals and shit.

The episodes are also short as fuck, which annoyed me at first but works out pretty nice. Bad episodes are over faster, and good episodes are just long enough to leave you wanting more.
>>
>>85935665
Sorry to hear that, anon. I'm in SEAsia but I'm glad my younger siblings know English well so we don't really need translations. Maybe the show will help your siblings learn better English.
>>
>>85934427
If you don't like Mr. Greg you ain't right in the head.
>>
>>85935743
That's why I said "kind of". I agree that Connie has issues regarding Pearl's training. It shows first during her first mission. I feel it'll be addressed in the future.
>>
>>85933835
Gravity Falls is total shit. I wouldn't consider myself an SU fan, but I'll watch it if it's on. It's not total shit and it's not the best thing since sliced bread.
>>
>>85935891
>The episode where Steven learns shapeshifting is where it starts to turn around.
I still remember thinking why something like this is happening because the show didn't seem to be that kind of show.

It's nice to see how super powers can go wrong.
>>
>>85933835
It's a mediocre show with some great moments.
>>
>>85935891
>TETSUOOOOO!
>>
File: PearlClass.png (464KB, 1280x713px) Image search: [Google]
PearlClass.png
464KB, 1280x713px
>>85933835
>or are people hyping the fuck out of it just to justify the fact that at the end of the day, they're watching a cartoon?
From a certain point this is true for every cartoon regardless of how legitimately good it may be. Steven Universe like many other cartoons like Gravity Falls, Samurai Jack, Adventure Time, etc... may contain themes and narrative that appeal to people outside of its target audience but at the end of the day they're cartoon made for children, plain amd simple. If you have a trouble with that its because you're making unrealistic expectations of wanting it to be more than what it is.

Watch what you want and if you end up enjoying it then just do it and stop worrying about it being "just a cartoon". If that bothers you too much you can always try other of the many formats of fiction out there.
>>
>>85933920
>Because I wanted honest balanced answers
And you came to this website? Do you have any idea where you are? Fuck off and stop feigning ignorance. You're the same anon who posts all these threads asking "I've never seen SU but why do people watch this tumblr show?" and "I've never seen SU but why is literally every character fat and gay?" and "I've never seen SU but why are you all such cucks to the jewish media?" on a daily basis.
Yeah, I hate SJWs as much as anyone, but there's a big difference between the values they teach and the values of this show, as you can see whenever they dramatically excommunicate one of their own for the slightest wrongthink. SJWs don't have a monopoly on lesbians as a concept. You need to understand that a social movement is not synonymous with a natural trait, for example, being against third-wave Feminism is not necessarily being against women or equal rights. Your black-and-white perception of ownership of concepts is basically what SJWs do, and your needlessly reactionary attitude is only validating them in the eyes of the undecided public.
The mods aren't going to make a global rule 15.1 banning all Steven Universe posts and images. There was almost an unwritten rule during that one hiatus but the mod responsible for that isn't here now.
If there's one thing worse than an irrational enemy, it's an irrational enemy of my enemy who makes my side look like bigots by association.
>>
File: 1465389696085.jpg (12KB, 235x212px) Image search: [Google]
1465389696085.jpg
12KB, 235x212px
>>85933835

Steven Universe is fucking ass cheek, a garbage show only liked by fucking faggots. (Some of them literally)
>>
>>85933835
Probably both, it's still considered unusual when a cartoon has an ongoing plot of some kind.

>I watched the first like, 3 or 4 episodes of SU around a year ago

The stuff that brought people in doesn't really pop up until later, ongoing plot/character drama or anime references. You can see hints of it before, but I'd say it doesn't really kick in until Lapis Lazuli.
>>
>>85935918
My sister can handle it, she's 14 and studying english, her only real problem is that her vocabulary is still weak

But my brothers are pretty young, so the subs are obligatory. One of them is 6 and can't even read, i have to whisper the translation to him the whole time. Thank goodness an ep is just 10 minutes
>>
File: sour cream.jpg (123KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sour cream.jpg
123KB, 1920x1080px
>>85934205

>I don't care about what Sour Cream is doing

fucking casual
>>
>>85936245
Maybe start teaching your bro to read then
>>
>>85935681
what the fuck episode are you talking about
>>
>>85936318
He can recognize letters of course, can slowly read words, but reading fast subtitles while trying to watch a show is a whole different deal. I mean, we know even adults don't like/manage to watch subbed stuff
>>
>>85936460

Checked it up, "Horror Club". It was pretty wierd.
>>
>>85936318
They're Italian, so maybe the little bro can read Italian but can't read English that fast.
>>
why are you on /co/ if you don't like cartoons
>>
File: chart(2).jpg (50KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
chart(2).jpg
50KB, 1200x800px
>>
>>85935589
>>85935597

It doesn't prevent you from wielding a sword, mate, unless is some darth-maul shit that you need both hands to use
>>
>>85934649
>Ad hominem because he doesn't agree with you
Yep, this is a SU thread, alright.
>>
>>85934205

>+ The whole concept of fusion is intriguing because it asks how much of the fusion's mind is its own identity or that of the two who created it.
> "+"

- The fusion was a Dragon Ball parody that now they take serious because it´s easy way of make characters (fusion result) who need appears in only one episode, after which they are never seen again.
>>
>>85936166
What kinds of shows do you like anon?
>>
>>85939007
>The fusion was a Dragon Ball parody that now they take serious

It's been serious the whole time. Garnet was a fusion since her inception.
>>
>>85936135
Are you okay?
>>
File: 20111117071453.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
20111117071453.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
>>85933835
>mfw sjws hated this episode
>mfw sjws called the team racist while never actually watching the show.

Oh what a fun week that was.
>>
>>85935206
They'd already kind of shown that with our main three though: Pearl is devoted to Rose personally, Garnet has to fight to exist and preserve the lives of her component parts, and Amethyst was born when the war is over.

They all came to appreciate the planet when the war was over, but none of them joined to actively protect it. I kinda wonder if anyone did now,
>>
>>85939098
SJWs have been calling the SU team sexist and racist for a while now, for such capital crimes as being against censorship or for tolerance.
>>
>>85933835
This is literally the only huge problem with the show. Other than that it's a near god tier modern toon.
>>
File: 1420905016640.jpg (439KB, 1803x1351px) Image search: [Google]
1420905016640.jpg
439KB, 1803x1351px
>>85939098
>while never actually watching the show.
Please post examples, I want some good laughs.
>>
>>85934748
Sleep tight, Mr. Smiley.

>>85935270
I can tell you this. I know martial arts. If I get physical with someone, that stuff is the knee-jerk reflexes that happen. It's still conscious, you never really just attack someone. But if someone startles you, you're liable to punch them or something. It's not going to be a significant blow or anything, but it's going to be swift. That's conditioning, not PTSD. PTSD comes from, for instance, not being able to handle the fallout from this conditioning.

>>85936977
That character is "pretty weird". He's one of the worst characters, along with kevin.
>>
File: 1470381302746.jpg (354KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1470381302746.jpg
354KB, 640x960px
>>85933835
>over hyping to justify watching cartoons
No one is doing that, and youre kind of a prick for assuming something like that. People that arent (you) are gonna have differing opinions and preferences, while you may not see the appeal, others may find it hits all the right spots for their enjoyment.

>is it legitimately good
Yeah it pretty much is, things with massive amounts of fans tend to have an appeal to them even if you dont see it. Like, I fuckin HATE Monster Hunter, I think its slow, its grindy, its feature lacking, its boring, and the armors/weps are just way too fuckin anime for my tastes. But that doesnt mean I dont understand that people enjoy it or can enjoy it for THE HUNT, the mild jokeyness, the weps/armors, and challenging gameplay.

The thing is though, if you start watching a cartoon and go in expecting Mad Men or Breaking Bad youre gonna end up disappointed. Your enjoyment of thing is usually directly related to your tastes and what youre expecting from it.

First you gotta ask yourself "do I think I can genuinely enjoy cartoons that arent clouded by nostalgia?".
If you think you can then you should deduce what it is youre gonna watch.
>King of the Hill - social commentary with some wacky family situations and some drama
>Rick and Morty - comedy that ranges from social satire/pop culture references to sex jokes/mild violence with a science fiction-y backdrop and a neat little overlapping story/continuity
>*new* Spongebob - quickfire comedy with low range and a 'come and go' slapstick element
>Steven Universe - Coming of age story with heavy character development/drama, occasional fight scenes, a clear overarching story, and some quip-style comedy

All of these shows have HUGE amounts of fans and are good in someway or another, but regardless, and its a little weird you have to be told this, if you dont like the synopsis or the genres, dont watch the show.
>>
>>85933835
gay/trans/poc/mentally disabled people enjoy it because it has characters like them in it, and they're canon. that makes up a huge part of its fandom. the rest like it just as a cartoon. it has some catchy songs, people draw porn of characters they like, etc etc.
>>
>>85939159

A fanbase isn't a problem with a show unless you're a faggot that watches things for the fanbase.
>>
>>85940079
>its a little weird
>>
it's "My Little Pony" tier. A show intended and designed for children but manchildren end watching it.
>>
>>85943769

Why are you on /co/ if you think comics and cartoons are for children?
>>
>>85943908
inb4 he responds with capeshit
>>
File: stevendramaverse.jpg (871KB, 1019x4227px) Image search: [Google]
stevendramaverse.jpg
871KB, 1019x4227px
>>85933835
>but is it legitimately good
Do you even need to ask? It's a shitty show that lives on 2 features:
-Shitty crammed down your throat drama where characters burst into tears half way through an episode over spilt milk
-Shock value cashing in on them progressives by including gay and trans characters

Does this sound like a good show to you?
>>
>>85944084
wow your cool
>>
>>85933835
It's a good show for a kids show, but it's different than what you'd expect if you're basing your expectations on what you hear from fans. The lore stuff is not nearly as centric as they make it seem. Its mostly just an episodic slice of life show.
>>
File: lynn.jpg (141KB, 650x772px) Image search: [Google]
lynn.jpg
141KB, 650x772px
>>85944119
Wow, you sure showed me with that response.
>>
>>85934913
>implying
>>
>>85934427
>Intentionally picking some of the most critically acclaimed episodes for your bait

A little too obvious man
>>
>>85944182
>loudhouse
>>
>>85944293
>some of the most critically acclaimed episodes
Seriously? I didn't really like most of those episodes either
>>
File: 1471411676121.png (417KB, 1280x1230px) Image search: [Google]
1471411676121.png
417KB, 1280x1230px
>>85936166
You're pretty autistic senpai
>>
>>85944420
>bismuth
>gem drill
>mindful education
>mr Greg

All top tier episodes.
>>
>>85943908
>>85943967

capeshit was/is made for children and/or teenagers. Some capeshit is for adults (and they are not good either). CN, Pixar, Nickelodeon, DisneyXD, etc.

I don't know why do you think they are not cartoons for kids.
>>
>>85933835
>I know Steven Universe has a lot of fans, but is it legitimately good, or are people hyping the fuck out of it just to justify the fact that at the end of the day, they're watching a cartoon?
I gotta be honest pal, I don't think you understand how fandom works. I mean I spend a lot of time watching cartoons, and looking up stuff about cartoons, and yeah I suppose you could call it hyping cartoons. But I don't do that to justify my passion to some invisible figurehead who would look down at my viewing choices with a sneer if they're not 'mature' or 'deep' enough.
I do it because I have an unhealthy dependency to the level of escapism those cartoons give me.
But yeah, Steven Universe is pretty damn good. It starts to get a lot more lore based as the series goes on, so if you're into that go for it.
>>
File: 1423850671723.jpg (77KB, 422x600px) Image search: [Google]
1423850671723.jpg
77KB, 422x600px
>>85934427
>hating Say Uncle
sounds like someone sunk your ship and made you say uncle mother fucker

that episode is the most pure comedy gold one in the show
>>
>>85933835

They hype the fuck out of it.

4 years and nothing interesting happened.

Show feels kinda gay.
>>
>>85934913
they may not be as regularly funny as AT, but they're pretty good in that they actually stem naturally from the show and are never really just throw-aways, which I would argue makes them better
>>
>>85935045
Part of the problem is it seems clear that gems can be used as power sources for various magical artifacts and are probably more useful whole than as shards.
>>
>>85944312
>Defends Steven
>Hates all other shows
Your average SU fan, everyone!
>>
>>85944533
Mindfull education was fucking trash people are just blinded by the song

The same applys to mr greg to a lesser extent but that was more just missed oportunitys then outright bad.
>>
>>85947629
Shut up bones
>>
File: Heretic-point.jpg (30KB, 279x304px) Image search: [Google]
Heretic-point.jpg
30KB, 279x304px
>>85947629
Heretic!
Seriously, Mindful Education has started treading actually new grounds in terms of its message and way of communication.
For its intended audience it went so much further and deeper than most would, it's hard to conceive of any previous attempt to go there outside of strictly educational material.
>>
>>85936135
>whatever the fuck that projecting diarrhoea was.

Fuck off, tard-muffin.
>>
>>85933835
It's good. The first 10 or so episodes are hard to get into because absolutely nothing is explained and Steven acts kind of annoying, but trust me, it gets REALLY good.
>>
>>85948475
Yeah because talk about your problems and symbolic butterflys is totaly something we havent seen many times before
>>
>>85934776
The CG and the show at large see Connie only as a power up and support for Steven you think they care?
>>
>>85934989
It was design to execute gems not to fight them that's why its morally wrong
>>
>>85949241
That's the nature of war. kill enough of them, and they'll stop fighting.
>>
It's a pussy show. Made by pussies, for pussies. It's like Anti-Edge, which seems cool at first but the show is very much up its own ass about how non-violent and tolerant and accepting it is.
>>
>>85949784
You have no idea how war works.
>>
File: 20160901142206_1.jpg (100KB, 601x533px) Image search: [Google]
20160901142206_1.jpg
100KB, 601x533px
>>85949815
do you like it
>>
>>85949815
And then it punches you in the face with abuse, revenge, abandonment, guilt and sorrow.
>>
>>85949847
Not personally, no. Five episodes of stock plots and obvious values to every "lore" episode, and to be honest?

The lore isn't even good. The gems are aliens, the aliens have a fucked up society. Life is sad sometimes;_;
>>
>>85949784

The point of the rebellion was to free them because gems can control their own lives, killing them is admitting gems can't be anything but drones that don't have individuality
>>
>>85949815

You really haven't watched it, have you?
>>
File: naegi.jpg (19KB, 320x379px) Image search: [Google]
naegi.jpg
19KB, 320x379px
>>85949849
Oh, I forgot to add - melodrama. Characters WILL cry every other episode, and I am not exaggerating.

Hey, did you know Pearl is a neurotic mess because she had a crush on Steven's dead mom? Well don't worry, because we'll tell you

ALL

THE

TIME

For comedy, for drama, for tragedy, hell, we'll do it if we feel Pearl hasn't fucked up enough recently.
>>
File: steven armstrong.png (563KB, 867x766px) Image search: [Google]
steven armstrong.png
563KB, 867x766px
>>85949907
The problem is that Rose not killing other Gems in the war heavily undercuts Greg's speech about "No such thing as a good war."

It does what I think annoys me most about it - the show will always hint or allude to darker more complex themes - in this case Rose doing bad things for a good cause, but then dilute itself by having Rose be such an idealist that she never actually killed any gem. She just "poofed" them.

Anti-Edge. Seemingly a good thing, but actually just as obnoxious as Edge is. If Rose fought in a war, where "Gems were destroyed, people too", then you have to have the legacy of that be somewhat murky.

That, or don't bother with Greg's speech about how Rose wasn't a hero/didn't see herself as one.
>>
It's a show based around hype and potential. When Rebecca decides that for to shit happen, shit REALLY happens and it makes for some great high moments of drama and tension.

But at the same time they're lots of episodes of, well I'm not going to say filler because every episode gives some new bit of forshadowing or development to the characters, but it lacks a certain oomph. The comedy is "okay", the action is "okay" even the melodrama which were once the highlight of the show range from "okay" to "cheesy mexican/turkish soap opera". There's a reason why 95% of people will tell you the show doesn't really get good until twenty episodes and it's not because everything else is bad but everything else isn't written well enough as the actual high points.
>>
>>85949881
i was talking about the girl
>>
>>85949907
If you fight a war with idealism expect to loose. the rebellion was for the cause of freedom and individuality, true, but what good are those ideals if they lost?
First the war must be won, or their ideals die with them.
>>
>>85934205
Zach Callison is not pitched up for the show. At the start of SU he was a kid with a higher voice forcing himself to sound lower, and since his voice dropped he makes his voice a little higher on his own. He's actually said it's easier for him to voice Steven right now than back when it was the other way around.
>>
>>85949817
is that not how the Japanese were defeated? the Emperor was faced with the real possibility of the end of his people?

war only continues until the vanquished sees surrender as a preferable alternative to suffering more destruction, or his total annihilation.

Like the Japanese Emperor in the face of U.S. might, or the end of the Zoroastrians at the hands of the Muslim Caliphate.
>>
>>85950421
Yeah there's never been a war where both sides haven't done fucked up shit

Dresden, the burning of Atlanta, Tokyo Fire Bombings...
>>
>>85950421

But they won the battles, Homeworld had to pull back, the problem is they never knew the diamonds would nuke the entire planet including some of their own troops
>>
>>85950701
this is true. because both sides are trying to get the other to stop fighting. you win a rebellion by being too costly to retake.
In this case: shatter all they send and they'll stop coming.
>>
>>85950088

Man, you really missed a lot of episodes. What was the last you saw? season 1?

You constructed your entire post around a wrong statement, you could've easily avoided by a quick google search.
>>
>>85950779
home-world never truly pulled back. they salted the earth with the cluster. now the cluster is neutralised they'll be back. yellow wants the cluster as much as she wants the planet destroyed.
>>
>>85933835
You

need

to

get

over

yourself.
>>
>>85950779
with both gem and human casualties. that is shattered gems and dead humans.
>>
>>85950848
But the thing is, the Homeworld could never be stopped by pure force of arms. It's not really equivalent to human wars because the Homeworld can mass produce fully grown soldiers on a moments notice. Rose would never win against the Homeworld in a straight up slugfest because they would use Kindergartens and she wouldn't. The only way to win is to collapse the Homeworld's entire society by infecting Homeworld Gems with the ability to question their assigned roles and think for themselves.

The fact that the Diamonds resorted to a scorched earth that slaughtered their own troops with a long term plan to destroy the entire planet and a general information blackout about earth showed this strategy was winning.
>>
>>85950919

>home-world never truly pulled back

considering they abandoned the all the infrastructure they were trying to defend during the war while their people rushed to ships, they lost the war for the colonizing the earth

but yeah, the cluster was kind of a big final "fuck you", if they couldn't have earth then crystal gems wouldn't have it either, now the earth was saved from destruction once again but at the cost of attracting the diamond's attention but the alternative was much worse
>>
>>85936135
autism
>>
>>85934333
>solid

no
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (65KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
65KB, 900x900px
WHERE'S THE FUCKING GOVERNMENT?

WHERE'S THE FUCKING THREE LETTER AGENCIES INVESTIGATING THE GIANT CRASHED HAND?

WHAT'S GOING ON IN THE WORLD? DO HUMANS KNOW ABOUT GEMS OR NOT?

DO HUMANS HAVE ACCESS TO REVERSE ENGINEERED GEM TECH?

DOES THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT KNOW ABOUT THE WHOLE GEM WAR?

ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS SUGAR YOU FUCKING HACK FRAUD
>>
>>85934676
My main problem with this fanbase is that they act like reference = good writing.
>>
>>85951278
I mean, the Crystal Gems are older than society so they probably have ways of handling stuff like that.

Thouhg it IS really weird that the war was kind of fought to protect humans and other organic life, but Rose seemed to have made it a policy to keep a distance from humanity. Like despite being there for a lot less time, I'm pretty sure Peridot has a much more accurate awareness of the human condition than the Crystal Gems (except maybe Amethyst).
>>
honestly i think you should start at "Ocean gem"

the first few episodes are deathly boring, though i myself watched from the beginning, you should only go back to those eps after completing season 1
>>
>>85950987
the fact that jasper and ruby never turned and bismuths view on homeworld shows that the best outcome of the spread of roses ideas is some more gems rouse to their cause, probably not many.
Gems cost something to make, once a planet is depleted it' cant produce more. A defence capable of making a home-world offensive a costly endeavour is vital if any gems are to be convinced to defect. they need a safe haven to train and arm up, as these defectors are unlikely to be soldiers but pearls and other underclasses.

perhaps enough gems could be roused and home-world could be overthrown, but a backwater planet with defenders who seem so oblivious that they haven't built a system defence with the locals or even told them about the greater galaxy and their place in it, can't possibly motivate more than a handful of the most dissatisfied gems to risk shattering. Not only that but earth is an unknown planet in the greater empire, unless it can effectively prove it is a safe harbour that could be home to free gems and disseminate this knowledge, no gem is going to defect, even if they long to be free.
>>
>>85951675
there have been primitive human societies for 100,000 years, gems turned up 5000 years ago.
>>
>>85934748
Sleep tight, Mr. Smiley.
>>
>>85934427
>implying any of those are bad except for Beach City Drift

I didn't even hate it that much but I understand why /co/'s bothered by it.
>>
>>85933835
Go into it expecting a kids show and not the next ATL:A

Go into it expecting a comfy kids show

though abandon it after Hit the Diamond because the writing takes a nose dive and everything becomes trash. Only good episodes are townie episodes now because they are trying to enforce steven getting PTSD killing people even though before he literally says shit like, "we gotta fight niggas who go against us!" and the worst part, SU fans will defend this shitty writing as character building
>>
>>85933835
im only in it for Pearl
>>
>>85935589
>>85935597
you can parry a sword with the BP though, and it leaves a good opening for a counter.

besides, bubbling can be undone, shattering cannot as far as we know it. so even if it's just 1 or 2 for every 10 soldiers, if that 1 or 2 manage to shatter an enemy in a single blow, shit could turn over faster than you imagine.

and i'm not convinced on the startup time, i'll rewatch the ep but it seemed to go off plenty fast when bismuth used it against the dummies.
>>
>>85935597
The breaking point was never shown in combat, it was just shown as a demonstration to a stationary target. I'm sure in combat you can pre-cock the thing to skip that step and swing it around with your arms pretty simply. It would be just like Garnet's gloves with more omph. Not to mention if it's that destructive to the gem, its gatta pierce directly through any attempts to block the thing. You would only be able to dodge, and the ability to aim it is as simple as the ability to aim a punch.
>>
Why is the only human helping the Crystal gems is a puny brown girl? You'd think with humanity at stake, they'd be willing to pitch in more
>>
>>85954911
Garnet can punch at Kenshiro speeds though
>>
>>85933859
>It's great because it's progressive
I've been hearing this too.

No one complains about the horrible VAing? I don't know if it's the script or the voices, but I can't friggin' stand either. Dropped it after 3 eps, never picking it up again.
>>
The breaking point was a good idea. You need a deterrent, or a weapon of last resort.

You don't win wars by tying your hands behind your back.
>>
>>85954980
And she can't with the breaking point? Can you imagine if one of her gauntlets was the breaking point? I mean it wouldn't be cocked every time, but you only need one punch with that thing.
>>
>>85955067
I suspect she can shatter a gem without the BP to begin with
>>
>>85955154
Given she poofs it first and goes to pick it up and crush it, and we know how tough it is to poof gems like Jasper.
>>
>>85951768
>Starting at the second half of a two-parter episode
What?

Also while a lot of the episodes out of the first 24 are mediocre as fuck, a good few of them introduce important things. For example, fusions and steven's healing powers.
>>
>>85955215
Gems crack just from falling. She can aim for the gem, she just doesn't
>>
>>85954948
maybe because most humans around have no idea of what is actually going on other than some weird shit showing up on occasion, have no combat training whatsoever and would rather leave gem stuff to gems.
>>
>>85955680

A gun is always nice, though.
>>
>>85954948
Humans are intentionally pathetic
>>
>>85955809

Humans may be weak, but it's hard to look pathetic when you're being contrasted against whiny gems who cry constantly and are emotionally unstable
>>
>>85933835
It's at over 100 episodes and nothing has happened
>>
>>85955888

Best gem is gone
>>
>>85955755
yeah but you gotta wonder how far a gun would take you against super strong, fast and powerful beings from another planet with bodies made of light, who'll just come back unless you hit them in 1 specific spot.

not to mention i'm not sure how effective a bullet would be at poofing gems.
>>
>>85956455
>>85956455

This is conjecture, but I think you don't need to poof them all at once, you just need to wear them down with "hits".

And yeah, humans are physically inferior. They'd be at a disadvantage, even if they got Connie-tier training. But it's better to shoot your enemy from a 100 feet away and not get hit, then tank punches to the face
>>
>>85956545
yeah, sure guns would be nice, but even then they'd actually be of more use to the gems than to humans.

we also gotta take into consideration that the gems themselves would probably forbid humans other than connie and maybe greg from getting involved, seeing as that could cause all sorts of problems.
>>
>>85956695

Them gems probably want to make sure they're the ones doing the fighting, because only they could bubble gems.
>>
>>85933835
SU is meh most of the time. Like many cartoons, it probably has its high points, but overall experience is pretty lackluster. Also, shows without predefined number of episodes always gonna have SU's problems
>>
>>85933835
Instead of letting others tell you why not just sit down and watch it for awhile? The first season is mostly filler to get you to know the characters so things don't happen really until season 2 but it's good overall
>>
File: 1471840761486.jpg (31KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1471840761486.jpg
31KB, 625x626px
>>85934427
>>
>>85935011
>The least funny part of the show

Okay.
>>
>>85940583
The fanbase becomes a problem when they make the show creators not want to make more show.

Like bullying people off Twitter and Tumblr over stupid shit. You do that enough times they're going to cancel the show.
>>
File: gender ambiguity anime.png (880KB, 461x1513px) Image search: [Google]
gender ambiguity anime.png
880KB, 461x1513px
What is Stevonnie?
>>
>>85951278
nah, It's been established that humans are too stupid to do any of those things
>>
>>85951768
The show doesn't start til Jailbreak skip to that
>>
>>85934748
Sleep tight, Mr. Smiley.
>>
File: A CUTE!!!.jpg (14KB, 230x236px) Image search: [Google]
A CUTE!!!.jpg
14KB, 230x236px
>>85933835
It's just like you said. The show isn't perfect, but at least it's decent enough just to see what the next episode will be. The whole 'progressive' thing isn't a big problem, but sometimes critics and reviewers will get out of hand and make the whole, 'teaching kids consent', and LGBT agenda thing a big deal. The hype is unnecessary, and the fanbase is a big turn off for most people. I like the show, but even I was unaware of the batshit insane things that the fanbase does (drove an artist to maybe commit suicide, among other things). It never hurts to try though. Even I stopped at the first few episodes, and only continued because I heard that things were getting interesting. Also, Lapis is a cute
>>
>>85933857

First post, best post.
>>
>>85963894
There is no "the fandom" for SU.
There are a varied number of fan communities with completely different ideas and within them every single fan is different again.
We are not all responsible for a few tumblr fucks bullying a girl.
This show has fans 6-36.
>>
>>85963894
>drove an artist to maybe commit suicide

[citation needed]
>>
>>85933835
try an actually good cartoon. like over the garden wall.
>>
>>85966417
Zamii
>>
>>85966545
over the garden wall was shit dude
it felt like it was written by a 15 year old who thinks they're the first ones to be "deep" and having an ambiguous "it was all a dream" ending just sucks out any enjoyment I got from it
>>
>>85967061
It wasn't a dream.

No wonder you didn't enjoy the series.
>>
>>85966862
What is that?
>>
>>85967061
You have shit fucking taste, my man. OtGW was fantastic.
>>
>>85935610
Sleep tight, Mr.Smiley
>>
File: tumblr_obw1tuqLGc1voe137o1_500.gif (134KB, 452x432px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obw1tuqLGc1voe137o1_500.gif
134KB, 452x432px
It's pretty good. I just binged the entire series last week, and i went in with no idea what the show was about, and zero expectations. I watched every episode, and can honestly say that this is one of the only shows I've ever seen where I don't hate at least one or two of the characters. Everyone fits pretty well into the world, and have distinct personalities/humour. In general I'd say the show's good, it's heartwarming, but not in a disgustingly sappy way, and the humour is my speed for sure. Definitely give it a try.
>>
File: 1471385912966.gif (452KB, 452x432px) Image search: [Google]
1471385912966.gif
452KB, 452x432px
>>85970106
>>
File: thisniggaserious.gif (1MB, 451x274px) Image search: [Google]
thisniggaserious.gif
1MB, 451x274px
>>85933835
>justify the fact that at the end of the day, they're watching a cartoon
You do realise this is a board about cartoons, right?
>>
File: 1446517590619.jpg (199KB, 1252x1052px) Image search: [Google]
1446517590619.jpg
199KB, 1252x1052px
>>85968759
Some girl who drew Rose a bit skinnier than usual.

But it turned out the main girls who organized the harassment of her had a personal beef because of the boy she was dating. They also harassed her over her Homestuck pictures and the like but the SU one got the most attention because that's the freshest thing.

Anyway the girls ended up being got by the police and Zamii survived the suicide attempt, the end.
>>
>>85935800
I will bet money its because Muslims will complain about gay content in children's cartoons

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1030798/Muslim-outrage-police-advert-featuring-cute-puppy-sitting-policemans-hat.html
>>
>>85961172
We don't know but this is 4chan so Stevonnie has a dick.
>>
>shitty animation
>shitty character design
>boring premise
>art style is an eye sore
>steven is fucking annoying as all fuck
>side characters are annoying too
>anime references all over the place because fuck it let's pander to the weeaboo audience
>sentimental shit all over the place because apparently sugar didn't have enough with the relationship drama she created in AT

I understand why people would like it though but I can't get myself to watch a full episode and believe me I have tried. I just couldn't stop cringing.
>>
>>85970591
That is understandable.
>>
>>85970591
Hey, that's a nice summary of all the meme complaints you see in every thread from people who don't watch the show

>I can't get myself to watch 10 minutes of an episode
>>
>>85970317
>But it turned out the main girls who organized the harassment of her had a personal beef because of the boy she was dating
>Anyway the girls ended up being got by the police

What the fuck? I still can't process how certain people continue with such actions and not realize at one point that there consequences and that they are the villains in this story
>>
>>85970156
kek'd my brains out.
>>
>>85970707
I'd say it's just stupid kids being stupid kids, only that nowadays fandom and socio-political wars in general are pretty vicious as the internet just keeps getting split into more and more "tribes" and each of them has plenty of easily accessible tools to torture the other. People are getting more used to online viciousness and so some maybe really can't tell what kind of impact they're having on their victims, much like a stereotypical school bully that likes to make fun of you but runs crying to mommy as soon as he can smell real trouble from any authority

Like, a friend of mine years back made my home's intercome explode with firecrackers as revenge for a beef we had. What i imagine is that, if such friend was more "tech savy" or whatever he could've just SWATted me instead. If we frequented each other mostly online on sites like tumblr maybe he would've raised a mob against me like it happened with that Zamii girl. Heck, speaking of socio-politics this just reminds me of this video that recently surfaced where a girl (allegedly the admin of some online feminist community, not sure) filmed herself insulting a guy that was giving her a lift because he had a "racist" hawaiian bobblehead doll in his car; as soon as he (and the other passengers) politely started calling her out for being so angry about such a small thing she asked them to state their names because she wanted to uplad the video on Gawker so they could become an "internet meme", she honestly thought her insulting words and attitude were justified because she was already imagining the approval of an internet mob

I kinda feel like i lost my point while typing this post, but still
>>
>>85970650
How are those 'meme complaints' exactly? just because the same issue arises frequently it doesn't mean that it's automatically a 'meme'. Everything is a fucking meme to you faggots I hate how that word is abused now and basically means 'something that I see frequently'

>the show has low animation quality and gets proportions, scenery, character traits, etc wrong lots of times. Scenes are choppy or awkward to look at
>character design is fucking horrid with hipster looking characters, everyone is round and has weird ass lips and it tries to be too colorful which is hard to look at

The rest are equally valid too.
>>
File: tumblr_ne467aHpWr1smn4pqo5_1280.jpg (841KB, 1227x693px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ne467aHpWr1smn4pqo5_1280.jpg
841KB, 1227x693px
>>85971230
Because it was literally just repeating what people say over and over about the show, even tho they're either exaggerations or just false/personal opinions that can't be listed as objective problems

Mentioning superficial stuff like "weird ass lips" doesn't help your case
And the scenery being wrong "lots of times"? First time i hear of this i admit, but that would be because if there's anything that's costantly drawn good on the show it's backgrounds
>>
>>85971132
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZYAWguZD_4

This video is fucking pure kek

The whole thing with being put on Gawker and her giving him shit about being half asian is pure cringe
>>
>>85971132
Your friend sounds pretty autistic? Did you really piss him off that much? Did he get put in cuffs? Or did you get your vengeance?
>>
>>85939143
rose did
>>
>>85940583
the fanbase is a problem when they bully a person into attempted suicide over a drawing that they didn't like and drove one of the shows writers off of twitter because she did something some fans didn't like
>>
>>85972002
Did she even upload it in the end? I'd guess so since the video is online, but i only find it on sites and channels that are mocking her, not agreeing

>>85972054
Heh, it was VERY dumb on both parts. I can't even remember the details, i think we were arguing over the relationship he had with a friend of mine? But that was just an excuse for me to throw a fit, i had a lot of (with the benefit of hinsight) incredibly stupid and superficial complaints about our friendship, so when he had a fight with this girl i cared about i took the chance to insult him in various ways, tl;dr i told him to fuck off for no good reason. A few days pass by and the intercom goes boom. A neighbor described to me who he saw running from our house so i could immediatelly tell it was him (and also because, like an idiot, earlier during the week he was bragging about the firecrackers he bought). I was very angry of course, i went to the nearby house of the guy that helped him (like, really, around the corner) and i was ready to fuck him up but they were smart enough to stay away from the "crime scene". I told my parents it must've been him, but they decided not to report him because his parents were big lawyers in town so things could've gotten ugly (or at least costly) for us. I tried to avoid his presence over the months, i decided i hated him, but it was pretty much impossible since we were classmates and frequented the same people. Our friends often tried to patch things up between us.

In the end i can't tell how it happened but we just forgot about it all. I realized i had no good reason to hurt him with my words like that, and he grew out of his rebel-punk phase (my intercom wasn't the only thing he smashed in town, he and some of his buds played ruining random cars' tires for example). I don't think i ever apologized to him (i really should), but we're best friends again nowadays, can't imagine my life without him and the others

Sorry for the blog, just wanted to answer
>>
>>85972002
> put on Gawker

the hulkster pbuh put paid to that
>>
>>85972364
>the hulkster pbuh put
>>
>>85933835
The shit is as good as a fanfiction, yet it's an original piece of media. The only reason people like it is because it's one of the few children's shows on air that takes itself seriously and has characters that are even sort of realistic, so every autist and their fucking grandma is raving about it.
>>
>>85934676
>a show does an homage to fast and furious tokyo drift
>"you need to take this seriously"
>>
>>85972329
Sorry I Took too long. I'm at a Mets game with my gf. That's great you and him recinciled. I lost my best friend :^(
>>
>>85973750
>that picture

How the fuck would you feel okay saving that onto your computer?
>>
>>85974738
Whats wrong with a man and woman loving their newborn baby?
>>
>>85974738
because its hilarious
>>
>>85975406
>because its hilarious

*because it's hilarious
>>
>>85974710
>I'm at a Mets game with my gf.

It is just being twice the normie.
>>
File: maxresdefault-11.jpg (146KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-11.jpg
146KB, 1920x1090px
>>85978484
>Not liking good ol baseball
Don't be a lappy
>>
>>85974738
You must be new. That picture is an optical illusion of a bare ass, when it's actually a bald father leaning in towards his baby.
>>
[Fart]
>>
File: maxresdefault-16.jpg (135KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-16.jpg
135KB, 1920x1080px
>>85970317
I can live off the suffering of selfish sjws like those bitches that bullied zamii
>>
>>85933835
I'm going to copypasta my own take here from an earlier thread.
To anyone reading these hyped post and thinking you're in for something grandiose I'll give you a warning.

You're not. Don't get yourself up for disappointment.

The Cluster and Forced Fusions take place in like 1 or 2 episodes each with quick deux ex resolutions. The Corrupted Gems are still there but quickly become irrelevant early on in the story, we're only just now being re-introduced to them 3 seasons later because Sugar seemingly forgot they existed.

You won't find DEEP DARK GEM lore throughout most of the show, what you'll be tricked into getting are episodes of the quirky hipstery town and bohemian residence, screentime with everyones favorite pals Sadie and Lars or whatever restaurant family is quirky and trending that ep. If you're lucky you'll get a Connie ep, but you'll suffer through the fact that she's actually a good character and better one than the MC and you'll wish the show centered around her instead.

Don't be fooled, SU is a slice of life show that's melancholic but often slow and dull.
Any comparisons between Madoka or Evangelion are bad because we don't spend like, one or two episodes on the Witches/Angels occasionally and then 20 episodes with Shinji/Madoka hanging out with their classmates in a pizza restaurant or Barn while only watching while waiting for the plot to move.
>>
according to /co/ good shows do not exist, unless they are over 20 years old
>>
>>85983332
Home Movies is not even that old.
>>
>>85934598
At least Kevin wasn't white.
>>
>>85966862
Was on ground zero of that shit and messaged her a few times when it was going on.
It wasn't just Rose she was getting backlash for, it was Amy too.
There are entire tumblrererererssss made to hate on her and those went into full denial mode when she went into hospital with a bunch of people trying to defend their mob mentality and even going so far as to say she deserved the hate even though she was in hospital at the time.

Fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>85984791
you mean the improv with cheap animation and character designs that look like they were made by a 10 year old?
>>
>>85985032
that's Tumblr for you
>>
>>85935243
Its a shit tier filed weapon. Its only use is as an execution weapon after the enemy has been beaten down. Especially considering a lot gems have their gems placed in hard to reach places.
>>
>>85955015
>No one complains about the horrible VAing?
who the fuck has ever complained about SU's voice acting? shit's probably the best in cartoons right now.
>>
>>85985596
There's been several complaints about Steven himself
>>
>>85985391
>shit tier filed

or

>shit tier filled ?
>>
>>85933835
Steven Universe is a kids' cartoon. There's no getting around that.

I think it's legitimately good for what it is, I like how ambitious they are with the plot and the narrative structure and the lessons they're trying to teach their audience, the way how they're tackling rather big and serious themes. But it's still intended for kids, which does show a bit.

I still watch and love it though. Nothing wrong with liking some more juvenile comfy stuff as well (as long as it's not all one consumes), and the show does deal with pretty serious themes.

But I'd recommend watching the first 10 or 12 episodes. From the first 3 or 4 you don't quite get the idea of the show yet, and part of the show's charm is that it's told through Steven's eyes and as he matures and starts to understand shit the tone grows more serious. Steven is a useless retard fuckup for the first few eps though, and I myself nearly dropped the show because I couldn't stand the whiny little fucker, but he gets better.

But in the end it's a comfy kiddie show about feelings and friendship and dealing with life and the expectations of others. There's a lot of talk about feelings and crying and such. If you're expecting capeshit tier grimdark action from every ep it might not be for you.
>>
>>85934078
It's a terrible idea to recommend someone watches random eps out of order. The series has a clear narrative structure and the reason the good episodes feel so good is the buildup. Watching eps here and there ruins it all imo. Lion 3. Straight to video especially won't feel the same at all without all the previous buildup about how Steven is the only one who has no memories of Rose or such
>>
>>85987583
>to recommend someone watches
>>
>>85934427
>Alone at Sea, Gem Hunt & Drill, Bismuth, Mindful Education, Mr Greg as "lows"

Your opinion is objectively shit and discarded, dude
>>
>>85933835
They are the new bronies. The only difference is that instead of obese men it's obese lesbians and gender freaks
>>
>>85987655
How is steven like pony? Or is this one of those same side of the coin shit where people start screaming /pol/ when tumblr is mentioned.
>>
>>85987755
the fanbase, retard. The fanbase is like bronies
>>
>>85987769
They're fanatical, but that's it.
>>
File: tumblr_ng3h0yd91L1t5u6j6o5_1280.png (573KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ng3h0yd91L1t5u6j6o5_1280.png
573KB, 1280x720px
>>85987583
Of course, i said so myself

But for the record Lion 3 did work for me on it's own. I didn't pay much attention to SU until i randomly caught that episode on TV, right when Steven puts the tape in. I didn't know anything other than "magical boy surrounded by magical girls" but this glimpse i had of a virtually all-powerful being giving up her existence for the sake of experimenting human happiness kinda got me off-guard, it was beautiful, especially considering how at the time i guessed the show was just going to be not-Adventure Time

>And I need you to know that every moment you love being yourself, that's me, loving you and loving being you
>>
The beginning of the show is no indicator of its quality, the whole thing basically begins at "Ocean Gem" and the rest is quirky kiddy filler.

But if you don't like the arc surrounding Ocean Gem then you probably do just not like the show.

Also Bismuth (rainbow dreads in your pic)'s design is objectively shit, be glad she only shows up for one episode.
>>
No, it's garbage.

Fat lesbians, and fat lesbians in training really like the art direction though, and they're a very vocal bunch. Especially on the internet where they can dismiss all opinions in opposition as trolling... thus the hype you hear about all day online, but probably not in real life because you'll avoid the cringey people long before you can actually get within earshot to hear them plug SU.
>>
no the show is terible and awtistic
>>
>>85950088
Nice not watching the show, faggot
>>
>>85989594
>>85990565
GO BACK TO /pol/
Thread posts: 349
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.