[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people complaining about the Batman/Batgirl? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 13

File: babs is pregnet.jpg (339KB, 1396x1330px) Image search: [Google]
babs is pregnet.jpg
339KB, 1396x1330px
Why are people complaining about the Batman/Batgirl? It's even in the cartoons and comics for Batgod's sake
>>
>Why are people complaining about the Batman/Batgirl relationship in The Killing Joke
fuck, i'm tired
>>
>>85930664
it wasn't shown in the cartoon, and most people ignored it

it was only shown in the most shitty comics
>>
>>85930664
>It's even in the cartoons
by Timm
> and comics
by Timm
>>
Because it's a shit tier pairing. Why do you think something happening means it's good?
>>
File: barbara phone.jpg (19KB, 512x369px) Image search: [Google]
barbara phone.jpg
19KB, 512x369px
>>85930703
It was pretty clear what happened, particularly in the Batman Beyond movie (Batwoman one, I believe)
>>
File: my parents are dead.jpg (645KB, 620x3326px) Image search: [Google]
my parents are dead.jpg
645KB, 620x3326px
>>
>>85930664
>It's even in the cartoons
As opposed to the live action Killing Joke they did?
> and comics
based on those cartoons
>>
>>85930664
Nobody likes your ship, Timm
>>
>>85930705
Actually that's not from one done by Timm. It's from Batman Beyond 2.0.
>>
>>85930664
>Not You'll have to congratulate my dick
What is point of posting the original.
>>
>>85930664
Are you talking about The Killing Joke?
Because if you are, I just watched that for the first time tonight.
I decided that since the animation was apparently terrible but the va work was great, I'd do a read along. This was hindered by there being a half an hour of new plot that had absolutely no bearing on the actual story. I had to wait for the entire length of the video for it to buffer so I could skip it.
And it had these inane fight scenes inserted, and cut out an entire page because of one (Here we see the Average Man.)
The only Bats and Barb scene I watched was the one in the comic after she was bedridden, and by not explicitly stating that the Joker took pictures it implied the original draft where he actually raped her. I thought this was an interesting decision, and not necessarily a bad one.

Overall, the whole thing is a 3.7/10, condensed version that gets rid of Paris Franza is a 6/10, audio version overlayed on motion comic would be a 7.4/10.
>>
>>85930792

>audio version overlayed on motion comic would be a 7.4/10.

So you didn't even liked voice acting that much?.
>>
>>85930784
a continuation of his universe, his continuity, his fault
>>
>>85930822
To be frank, some lines were skipped over but that's not a big deal. And of course by Motion Comic I mean where the panels are deconstructed and given slight motion like the entire joker moving from the left side of the screen to the right. Like the Watchmen motion comic, where everything's really static.

If there were a version that had all the animation done a tiny bit more vibrantly, such as having the rain in the last scene start sooner, or show more contrast in the lighting, and had more details to the locations and the staging of characters like how the transitions between the present and flashbacks match up it'd be pretty close to perfect.
But we all know there's no such thing as a perfect adaptation, especially of anything by Moore.
>>
>>85930784
>It's from Batman Beyond
which was created by..
>>
File: 2016-08-31-23-22-20.jpg (290KB, 529x506px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-31-23-22-20.jpg
290KB, 529x506px
>>85930901
I mean, just take a look at this.
>>
batman fucking barbara behind the sofa.
>>
>>85930721
no one watched that movie, though
>>
>>85930784
and the writer thought that ship was creepy, and decided to make it even creepier
>>
>>85931451
that's dick
>>
>>85931451
Plus which while the art isn't as crappy as his 1980s Superman run, why you are using anything by Byrne to justify anything that might possible be good or worthwhile escapes me.
>>
>>85930721
I love how Batman always seems like he'd rather forget it just as much as the audience. She must be incredibly lousy in the sack, even Dick skipped town after popping her cherry.
>>
>>85930664

Who does this trigger more? Dickfags or Brucefags?
>>
>>85930721
I just the Mystery of Batwoman movie and this scene was probably the best thing about it, it make clear that Bruce and Barbara are having Bat-Sex.
>>
>>85931710

Dick's dilemma:

>Batgirl or the alien princess?
>>
>>85930664
I don't get this. I've seen is posted here a thousand times, even before the KJ cartoon and I never got the impression it implied those two had sex. And no one else has ever posted anything else from that comic implying there was something.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 1024x768px
>>85932503

See the 'Mistery of Batwoman' movie on Kisscartoon, there is a scene in the beginning that heavily implies Bruce and Babs are having sex and relationship.
>>
>>85932542

>See the 'Mistery of Batwoman' movie on Kisscartoon

Why would you ever tell someone to watch that?
>>
>>85932478
Go away Timm
>>
>>85932553
It's the end of DCAU Batman.
>>
>>85932542
Not really, just that she has a one-sided crush
>>
>>85932188
Personally the Killing Joke sex scene just made Bruce look like a hypocrite.

>Barbra, you don't take this seriously. It's just a game to you. Not like me!
>proceeds to fuck his student, his supposed soldier five seconds later
>>
File: greatest detective.jpg (423KB, 1070x1346px) Image search: [Google]
greatest detective.jpg
423KB, 1070x1346px
>>85930664
>>
>>85932610
damn it anon, I was multitask fapping in another tab.

Now I'm completely flaccid from laughter.
>>
File: 1471654320801.png (340KB, 496x542px) Image search: [Google]
1471654320801.png
340KB, 496x542px
>>85932610
Guess it's time to hit those showers.
>>
File: image:78917.gif (2MB, 300x164px) Image search: [Google]
image:78917.gif
2MB, 300x164px
>>85932633
Leave....
>>
File: FullMetalSgt.jpg (144KB, 625x476px) Image search: [Google]
FullMetalSgt.jpg
144KB, 625x476px
>>85932874
Jesus H. Christ. I think you've got a hard on.
>>
>>85930664
>shit baiters say
>>
>>85930664
>It's even in the cartoons and comics
>That are by the same guy behind Killing Joke

You retarded son? Everybody knows that for some reason Timm has a BruceBabs fetish
>>
Barbara fucked Bruce and Dick in the cartoons.
Barbara fucked Dick and tried to fuck Jason in the comics.
Barbara fucked Tim in the games.

Barbara will be paired with the entire Bat-Family entirely by virtue of being the most famous Batgirls. That's what lazy writers do, they pair Batgirls with Robins or Batgirls with Batman, for the creepy factor.

Heck, if Batwoman wasn't lesbian she'd already fucked Batman or some Robin. Probably Nightwing.
>>
Even tho this ship has been present since batman beyond doesnt mean that I liked it back then or have to like it. It's weird as fuck since Bruce was a father figure for babs. I wanted to see him with catwoman more
>>
>>85933894

Bruce was never a father figure for her. Barbara is pretty divorced from the Bat-Family other than fucking Dick through the power of retcon. Bruce just accept her against his wishes and kept his mouth shut about her actions to her father.
>>
>>85933893
>Barbara fucked Tim in the games.

Where in the Arkham games is this?
>>
>>85931451
DickBats in Generations II, before he dies fighting Joker or whatever. You can't fool /co/. /co/ has read more comics than you.
>>
>>85934067
They married at the end of Knight
>>
Is there a DC character that is in operator mode 90% of the time and that doesn't get into a risky relationship
>>
>>85930664
Honestly I find it pretty funny weird borderline incestuous relationships are kind of the Batfamilys deal.
Lets see of the top of my head we've had
>Bruce/Barbara
>Dick/Selena
>Jason/Talia
>Jason/Barbara
>Tim/Gotham
>>
>>85934166

Out of those, only Jason and Talia ever actually happened.
>>
>>85934099
>/co/ has read more comics than you.
eh.
>>
Her characterization was weak, as they couldn't sell the idea that they'd actually have sex. There was simply no chemistry between them. They also made her incompetent and bratty. That's the fault of the writers as even the general populace who saw this movie thought she was slut, so when she got shot it almost made sense. Which is the opposite of what the original story conveyed.

Basically you're supposed to care about Barbara and be able to empathize with what happened to her. But after seeing that movie, I just didn't care about what happened to her. She just seemed like every other woman who gets shot, nearly raped, and tortured on any common crime procedural program.

I can't bring myself to watch that terrible piece of fiction again.
>>
>>85933797
>for some reason
raised on Adam West Batman
>>
>>85934104
And who Dick married? Alfred?
>>
>>85934209

Everybody was raised by the '66 Batman, my impression is that Timm and Dini got their influence from the Burton movies and the Denny O'Neil/80s comics Batman.
>>
>>85933740
Why don't you suck it soft then, Sarge?
>>
>>85934189
No Dick slept with Selina once
Bruce has hooked up with Babs pre crisis
Not sure about Jason Babs since that's more recent
>>
>>85930664
Fifth panel
Batman "I didn't mean that dick".
>>
>>85934755
Timm or Dini wanted a Nightwing/Catwoman show.
>>
>>85934755

>No Dick slept with Selina once
No he hasn't.

>Bruce has hooked up with Babs pre crisis
No he didn't.

>Not sure about Jason Babs since that's more recent
Nothing happened, it was just a hint of possible mutual crushes during Batman Eternal that was never brought up again.
>>
Bruce fighting crime the way he does is nuts. It is only really forgivable if he is righteous. Bruce sleeping with his much young proteges paints him in a completely different light. Now he is a nutty scumbag.
>>
Babs wanted the Batdick, the end.
>>
>>85930664
Didn't the writer of this comic absolutely hate the pairing so he made it even more fucked up than it was implied to be in the cartoon? Her shame baby got aborted due to her fighting a criminal while a couple months pregnant. Dick beats the shit out of Bruce and leaves forever. Batman is then forever alone for the rest of time as punishment for his transgressions.

I don't blame the writer either. What a stupid fucking ship. Worse is that Timm treated it as a OTP with Talia even remarking about old Bruce's solo longing for Barbara years later, though I'd argue that most people simply ignored it. Rightfully so.
>>
>>85934977
Timm loves that it's messed up, your triggered reaction is what he wants.
>>
>>85934825
I like him much better that way.

It's always been canon in my head.
I was practically joyous when a benevolent soul finally made it explicit.
>>
File: BMBUNI-3-4-0a8fb.jpg (381KB, 900x1384px) Image search: [Google]
BMBUNI-3-4-0a8fb.jpg
381KB, 900x1384px
it annoys me that this is how Higgins run is remembered not great shit like the schway version of the Sinister Six (four)
>>
>>
>>85932188
Both? It seems to annoy pretty much everyone that isn't Bruce Timm. Most Brucefags seem to want him to be with Selina, Talia or Diana, Babs is at like the bottom of the list. And Dickfags want him with either Babs or Starfire, but it doesn't really matter who just so long as they get to stare at his butt.
>>
>>85930694
FPBP
>>
Being canon doesn't make it good. Plenty of writers ship bad couple and try to force them onto readers.

I am one of those people who reads fanfics and is in fandoms. I have seen almost no Batgirl/Batman shippers. In fact, I have never met one besides a few people mentioning they don't mind it after the news of TKJ scene came out. It's just a horrible pairing. No one likes it yet Timm keeps on trying to push it.

>>85930721

What happened to Dick/Babs in the DCAU? I hate that ship but at least it made sense there. I know they flirted but it seems they broke up eventually.

>>85933893

I'm surprised they haven't made Batwoman fall for Batgirl yet. They sure love their inter-Batfamily drama.
>>
>>85935291
He probably has a woman significantly younger than himself, and this is like a self insert plot that he wishes would come true.

When people do things that will obviously not be well received, they tend to be projecting some underlying psychological issue or such.
>>
>>85934791

I'm super-well informed on that whole fiasco, but I'd be inclined to hazard a guess that the idea was all Timm, what with him having a wifeswap/forbidden romance fetish.

Also Dini is a BatCatfag.
>>
>>85935418

Not super well-informed*
>>
>>85935391
>When people do things that will obviously not be well received, they tend to be projecting some underlying psychological issue or such.

This is the Freudian Pyschoanalysis, projecting Jewish pathologies into the unsuspecting goyim, and it worked.
>>
>>85934216
Nobody
He didn't even show up at the end of the game like everybody else
And I think the Arkham VR thing is you as Batman trying to discover who killed Nightwing, or at least it's rumored to
>>
Because it wasn't in The Killing Joke, I guess. I personally don't have too much of a problem with it because like you said, Bruce wasted no time going balls deep in Barbara. It's even mentioned in BTAS and BB. Granted, those take place in a different continuity than this movie, but still.
>>
>>85934977
Yes, he makes his saltiness over the ship very obvious.
>He changed shit to make it Dick was around when Bruce and Barbara got serious
>it takes two to tango yet Bruce is the only one vilified
>Dick was still in love with Barbara after like 1000 years despite hating Bruce (again, takes 2 to tango)
>Dick had the normal reasons given by the show to hate Bruce, eg not agreeing with him anymore, Bruce becoming an asshole who doesn't care about non crime fighting things
>Higgins ignored it
>Dick had stupid reasons given by Hush Beyond to hate Bruce, eg getting made into Swiss cheese and Bruce not even going to check on him later
>Higgins ignored this too
>but no it was TOTALLY sleeping with his ex girlfriend with whom he had a pretty rocky relationship with anyway
>but yeah still loves Barbara even though she slept with his father figure

Fuck BB 2.0 got real bad
>>
>>85935391
Timm seems to like taboo things or something

Deaged Barbara only to ship her with Bruce and wanted Dick and Selina to fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (182KB, 1021x650px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182KB, 1021x650px
>>85937349

I ask myself how the Teen Titans DCAU made by Timm would be?
>>
>>85937421
He'd probably be like Wolfman and find Raven mind fucking people incredibly sexy.
>>
>>85930664

it sucked in the cartoon and we complained about that too.
>>
>>85938693
>we

Naw nigga.
>>
>>85938650

There is a lot of sexiness in TNBA
>>
>>85935079
What would NotShcoker's name be?
>it's just Shock-Ah.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.