[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone on /co/ think they cant make it on the industry.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (201KB, 427x569px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
201KB, 427x569px
Why does everyone on /co/ think they cant make it on the industry. All you have to do is get good at drawing and write stories that are thought proviking and or funny, and dont sound like cringey fanfiction.
>>
>>85905556
Not sounding like cringy fanfiction is hard.
>>
>>85905569
If you really think about it, most of fiction sounds like fanfaction, at first. You just have to make it not cringey.
>>
That's literally years of training in multiple fields, OP. I can't figure out how to get out of bed without wanting to kill myself and everyone around me.
>>
>>85905596
The standards are so low that you could be fucking alex hirach and be a god in the industry.
>>
>>85905556
this is the worst pep talk i've ever seen
>>
>>85905596
Also, i feel your pain about wanting to kill and to be killed, but my creative outlets help me with that.
>>
>>85905556
which industry? comic industry or cartoon industry? because those are two WAAAAY different industries
>>
File: dobson.png (236KB, 500x396px) Image search: [Google]
dobson.png
236KB, 500x396px
>>85905556
Honestly you don't even need to be either, fuck if I know how it works though.
>>
>>85905618
I was refrring to both ingeneral, but specifcally animation.
>>
>>85905556
>Posts a character that's cringy Invader Zim fanfiction
I'm getting mixed messages
>>
File: image.png (149KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
149KB, 1000x1000px
>>85905822
Shes perfect you bastard
>>
Barriers to entry. There are talented people that are simply unable break in. And If you're trying to get your own show off the ground, trying to get a pitch meeting with an exec in nearly impossible.
>>
>>85905556
Because we can't anon. Especially me. I don't have any connection in the industry.
>>
>tfw I'm pretty sure my garbage cartoon idea would get regular threads here for the maybe 2 seasons it would exist.
>>
>>85908071
tell us about it so I can take it as my own and get famous
>>
>>85905556
To have a cartoon you have to have contacts first and even to be in the industry already to pitch and idea.
The "safest" way to get a cartoon is to make a webcomic or to write a kids book and try to pitch it and yet it's not warranted to be accepted by the first studio you pitch it to.
Plus, creating a story and be funny is not as easy as you think.
>>
>>85905569
The Divine Comedy is literally a cringe-worthy fanfic.
>>
>>85905556
Ok, I'm good at drawing, now what?
>>
>>85909252
Show me senpai, i wanna see your drawings.
>>
>>85905605
>>85905605
Standards aren't that low.
And Alex Hirsch isn't that bad.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.