[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>girls magic show >males are either banned or (ass pull)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 72

File: serveimage(14).jpg (35KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage(14).jpg
35KB, 1280x720px
>girls magic show
>males are either banned or (ass pull) inexplicably unable to do magic
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 633x758px
>>85904061
Thats my fetish
>there will never be a qt magic girl to rescue me from my life of lonliness and depresseion by becoming my own personal sex slave
>>
>>85904061

Well Star vs is probably one of the few exceptions
>>
>Team of magical girls
>Their male counterparts happen to be just their types and each girl gets to have a perfect dating life next to their adventures
BULLSHIT.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (79KB, 780x477px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
79KB, 780x477px
>>85904061
I typed 4 paragraphs explaining how this is diverted in Neopets and how MLP would be cool if it used part of The Faeries' Ruin for a season and I lost it accidentally clicking /qst/.
>>
File: Mephisto_concept_art.jpg (126KB, 1280x904px) Image search: [Google]
Mephisto_concept_art.jpg
126KB, 1280x904px
There's male magic users in Winx Club and Lolirock. Granted not very many and they tend to be villains.

I can't actually think of any other /co/ magical girl shows, except for maybe the horse-derived one which the less said about the better. But actually there are plenty of male magic users in the main show.
>>
>>85904246
Is it actually explained why theyre able to when literally every other guy can't?

I swear its some trollz tier explaining
>>
>>85904246
The greatest non-alicorn magic user in history prior to Twilight Sparkle was a male in the FiM universe.
>>
>>85904269
What was the explanation?
>>
>>85904061
Penises draw magic away from wands, it's kinda like a grounding rod
>>
File: Praxina_and_Mephisto.jpg (87KB, 674x953px) Image search: [Google]
Praxina_and_Mephisto.jpg
87KB, 674x953px
>>85904269
I never actually paid enough attention to Winx Club to care, I was in it for the girls and little else.

As for Lolirock, while I don't think it's ever explicitly stated it appears to be only the royal lines of planets that have magical abilities, so magic users are just rare in general. It does raise the question of whether Mephisto and Praxina, Zeinos, Kakos and Lev are royalty who sided with Gramorr/turned mercenary - If so there must be other magical princes out there. Unless they're all dead.
>>
>>85904092
You're fucking pathetic
>>
>>85904503
Same here. Although i stopped watching when it went 3d.
>>
>>85904563
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>85904061
Men are shit.
>>
>>85904221

Remind me about how that plot is relevant again? I remember nothing about it except your pic (Xandra was baller af by the way)
>>
There's no proper logic to it either because the majority of people accused in historical witch trials were men, and pretty much all cultures have stories where men are able to use magic.
>>
>>85904755

This.

You can go back thousands of years and the shamans and spiritual leaders of tribes were usually men.
>>
>>85904755
I think these days the stories are more to do with what kind of strength appeals to each gender. Being a magic user appeals to girls because it means they can fight and be strong while still looking traditionally feminine, whereas boys want to be manly and physically beat the shit out of things.
>>
>>85904989
>whereas boys want to be manly and physically beat the shit out of things
nah
boys are just fine with blowing things up with a fire blast, laser beam or giant rocket gun
>>
>>85904648
It was one of the last big plots before Viacom sold Neopets As far as site functionality was concerned, it was to give Faerieland a remodeling. It also actually officially killed off one of the Gallery of Evil members, Hubrid Nox. It introduced a new petpet, a new color, a new competitive Battledome item, a new neopets ship, and a new avatar to collect. It was also the last old!Battledome plot after TNT decided it was time to revamp the Battledome completely.
>>
File: 1318713337013.jpg (516KB, 882x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1318713337013.jpg
516KB, 882x1200px
>mahou shoujo
>the boys can be just as powerful as girls, but the focus isn't on them
Good ol' Nanoha.
>>
>>85904061
>Magical girl show
>The male protagonist/love interest is always a perfect qt chad or alpha cuck
>Never a beta animu weebo shutin that sees her like a human cumrag and will do anything to get into her pants
>>
>>85905267
>alpha
>cuck
Wut?

And give Japan time, the way the fan pandering is going you'll probably have that exact show soon enough.
>>
File: 1455507119847.png (460KB, 541x488px) Image search: [Google]
1455507119847.png
460KB, 541x488px
>>85904989
>We will never see a series with a qt boy using cutsy magic and a STRONK magical girl who loves manly fighting and beating the shit out of things
>>
>>85905319
The second one is Precure.
>>
>>85905300
I mean the kind of dudebro character who is so 'manly' because they act like a real gentlemen and will hold her hand, hold the door for her, bend to her whims because they're such a refined cuck, in that sense.
>>
File: 53260521_p0.jpg (3MB, 2452x3435px) Image search: [Google]
53260521_p0.jpg
3MB, 2452x3435px
>>85905329
Really?
I thought all of the Precures were girly sissy shit who flash their panties and look like same-faced moe blobs. Granted it's been like 5 years since I've watched it.
>>
>>85905358
I know at least Black and White get physical.
>>
>>85904061
>don't worry about the lack of source, it means nothing.
>>
>>85905319
>>85905329
I wish we had an adult styled magical girl series. Not in the family guy sense but just a series able to show drastic blood and violence, like where the girls get gored up and still have to consider moral and ethical decisions, with a mature tone. And where the most powerful character isn't the skimpiest or cutest. I don't care if it sounds edgy, give me something with gritty depth and violence. Give me a villain who isn't cartoony but savage and brutal. Let's see a protagonist who has what it takes to deal with them.

Madoka didn't quite hit that, it didn't go anywhere near far enough.
>>
>>85905368
Do they show blood?
Is it real shonen style'd violence or cartoon physics squishy-punches?
>>
>>85905319
>We will never see a series with a qt boy using cutsy magic

Already exists. Its second season is airing right now.

From this and from the fact that you didn't know about either Nahona, Precure or Symphogear, I can tell that you are just posting to be a contrarian faggot.
>>
>>85905437
>from the fact that you didn't know about either Nahona, Precure or Symphogear
>Lesbian brawls with cybershit: The show
>Moe garbage
>More otaku pandering
Why would I care about those exactly?
>>
>>85905458
>le buzzwords

You sure showed him.
>>
>>85905482
That doesn't answer my question at all.
And I've sampled 2/3 of those anyway, you don't have to buffet on entire dining of Shit before the first bite tells you wait you're eating feces.
>>
>>85905528
Yeah you sound just like a contrarian /a/utist.
What sort of series do you consider good then, if your tastes are so refined?
>>
File: CqUBEz6UIAA1QX4.jpg large.jpg (106KB, 840x1020px) Image search: [Google]
CqUBEz6UIAA1QX4.jpg large.jpg
106KB, 840x1020px
>>85905544
It doesn't matter because you'd think they're shit anyway. Why should I try to convince you moeshitter? Unlike you I don't actually care what you like, I just think it sucks.
>>
>>85905554
I'm curious.
And bored.
Tell me you faggot, you don't have to convince me, just humor me.
>>
>/a/ shows up
>they're needlessly angry and argumentative
Every time. Chill the fuck out Onii-san, this is why we don't come to visit you any more.
>>
>>85905597
Evangelion
Inferno Cop
Re:Zero
>>
>>85905333
>I mean the kind of dudebro character
>dudebro
tumblr, hand in your posting badge now
thanks
>>
File: 1472019979239.jpg (31KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
1472019979239.jpg
31KB, 704x400px
>>85905640
>Eggs on magical girl shows
>When their preference is basically male powered shonen-shits and edgy hams
HA
HAHAHHAHAHAHAH
I am amused, I am. You're the kind of person who complains about modern anime but doesn't contribute or watch anything new and only clings on to cringy shit from the 90's that's dated as fuck. I bet you think series like HxH or Lain are the deepest most compelling series ever while looking down on Muh-doka and mahō shōjo because it has g-giiirls in it with c-cooties.
How's it feel to be this much of a smelly kiss less virgin?
>>85905652
f8 me shitlord
>>
>>85904092
While illegal, slavery does still exist among certain circles. You gotta work for a dream like that, anon.

Just be careful, crimeworld is a harsh and dirty place.
>>
>>85905358
Original Futari Wa Pretty Cure get into straight up fistfights. They've even got finishers reminiscent of the first two Kamen Riders. Ask /m/ about it.
>>
>>85905640
>Re:Zero

why tho
>>
>>85905458

>goalpost moving
>I hate everything that is popular

You pretty much just proved him right.
>>
>>85905640
>2/3 of your taste can be described with the same buzzword you used
typical
>>
>>85905713
It's funny. Shitty but worth the entertainment.

>>85905682
So let me sort this logic of yours out with a proposition from it.
I'm a loser for enjoying deep seated masculine power fantasies but, from your particular perspective you're apparently not from watching juvenile feminine power fantasies such as Precure or Madoka in particular? What makes us different?
>>
>>85905736
How is it any of those?
You're going to claim it's otaku pandering I'm sure but it's really not, Inferno cop is just a shitty action show for the animators to jerk with and the other two like Eva and Re-zero are like, anti-pandering. They're totally opposed to something designed to sell merch with fan service and cute girls.
>Inb4 muh waifus and THE REI
Not Anno's fault that japs are so desperate they even fap to an autist doll who is so emotionless they can relate to her. Both flavors of side-girl were created to be repulsive.
>>
>>85904989
How binary and conservative.
>>
>>85904308
This, comparing mlp to magic girls shows is stupid because besides the mane six and their bullshit friendship magic only unicorns can do magic. Alicorns too but they're demigods and don't count
>>
>>85904246
It was done well in Winx Club though. The males couldn't use magic but they had badass weapons instead.
>>
>>85904989
Why do girls like Kill la Kill then?

>>85905739
HAHAHA. What sort of delusional fuckwit logic is that?
Magical girl series aren't "Female power fantasies" they're just blatant fan service to horny teens and fans so desperate for female companionship.
The fact that you even think series like Precure or Madoka can showcase female empowerment tells us pretty much, a whole length of your dimwitted assumptions on why you cannot appreciate that sort of thing. It's completely different.
Shonenshit and Evangelion tells you to man the fuck up and stop being a pussy, based on some sort of unrealistic expectation about how totally awesome you yes YOU THE VIEWER, the fanboys and neets can be if you just got into the cockpit of a giant robot and fucked a bunch of bitches. It's pathetic, and you're a pretentious ninny who will eat it all up.
>>
>>85905795
They originally were kind of magical or something, being the elements of harmony and chosen ones. But they canned that by season 5.
>>
File: tase.jpg (114KB, 600x415px) Image search: [Google]
tase.jpg
114KB, 600x415px
>>85904061
Yeah, but...patriarchy!
>>
>>85905804
Cool it broski. I'm not going to get all tumblr on your ass but are you so blinded by magical girls that you cannot see past the fan service as to how blatantly they try to push their agenda? Madoka was psuedo-lesbians. Nahona had two girls make a babby. Sailor Moon the front runner was tumblr before tumblr was cool, the show had lesbians, asexuals, transexual characters and yet everyone looked pretty in a mini-skirt while doing it, right along with what
>>85904989
said. It's perfect for self-insertion by strong beautiful womyn, and the closest to empowerment-centric garbage anime will ever get. It's as forced as any show about giant robots or haremshit and you know it, stop playing dumb.
>>
>>85905764
>>85905799
I like the traditionalism of Winx Club. Little to no special snowflake faggotry in that show, the women are womanly and the men are manly, God bless Italy.

>>85905804
>Why do girls like Kill la Kill then?
Because those are women rather than children who are more open to less simplistic gender definitions. Also stop fucking typing out
>HAHAHA
It marks you as an obvious obnoxious newfag who needs to lurk more.
>>
>>85905848
>how blatantly they try to push their agenda?
Oh shut up, now you sound like a paranoid conspiracy nut.
>Madoka was psuedo-lesbians
Not true. Show me a lesbian confirmation in the show. Are you trying to imply in particular just because Madoka and Homura were friends they're lesbians? Are you the kind of kissless virgin loser that like thinks scoring your first kiss equates to sex and if by a set of circumstances someone holds your hand they totally want sex? Unbelievable.
>Nahona had two girls make a babby.
Not lesbians
>Sailor Moon the front runner was tumblr before tumblr was cool
Put your tinfoil hat back on.

Female magical girl shows appeal to men.
Eva and One Punch Man and action cartoons appeal to men.
You're just making up false justifications for why you think these shows are for girls and not you, when the target audience and market tapped out for them is so evident you'd have to be intentionally misleading not to see where the gaze goes.

>It's perfect for self-insertion by strong beautiful womyn
>Sailor Moon
I'm done, you're some kind of Moron Contest extraordinaire.
The fact that you said they always look pretty is funny to, since they don't.
>>
>>85905811
That was forgotten after the first and second episode and then revived in later season and even then its usually twilight who does all the super saiyan stuff.
>>
>>85905804
Obviously because all women are secretly lesbians and hate men
>>
>>85905875
I'M SORRY ARE THE CAPS BOTHERING YOU
What do you want me to post. Kek? lol? lulz, perhaps cuck?
And it's the same shit, people will brag about how KLK is a feminist masterpiece when it's like literally what? A show about teenager strippers fighting as prostitutes to stop a conservative woman from wanting people to become enslaved by clothing so the slut-warriors have to fight the fashion industry. So empowering amirite?
>>
>>85904061
AND the boys look just as feminine as the girls, and are useless in combat, even against regular people like muggers.
>>
>>85905891
Look tumblrette either you're playing dumb or just trying to deny the subtext. This isn't a black or white thing. You can have female friendships in a cartoon, strong friendships.
But when the glasses moe girl takes off her glasses to become some sort of sexy action heroine to rescue her girl who later sacrifices herself in some horrific christological fashion to become a divine space lesbian, that's not friendship, that couldn't be more subtle.

They appeal to men but they're catered towards womyn and man-children identifying as womyn.
>he fact that you said they always look pretty is funny to, since they don't.
Is this your argument against one of the top selling Magical Whores ever? The waifus aren't pretty enough for you, really? Really you little bitch?
>>
>>85905397
Or do they just throw around magic until somebody gets binded, or knocked down from an indirect hit and gives up?
>>
Oh look, another thread ruined by political bullshit.

I wish everybody who cared about fucking gender issues would just fuck off and argue in /pol/ where this shit belongs. And before anyone screams "tumblr" I wish tumblr would go to fucking /pol/ as well. At least there they can properly engage their enemy over the pointless bullshit they both care about so much instead of shitting up a board that's supposed to be about fucking comics and cartoons.
>>
File: CRKzBWOUkAANPbF.jpg-large.jpg (12KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
CRKzBWOUkAANPbF.jpg-large.jpg
12KB, 240x180px
>>85905945
There are no, factually, no confirmed lesbians in any of the magical girl shows you mentioned sans Sailor Moon (And even that was heavily censored in the dubs and translations). Stop being an autist, you're as bad as the shippers except you're trying to use it against an obvious fixation you have against mahō shōjo. First off all, even if they did have LGBT, who gives a fuck? Is that really what you'd call 'female empowerment', would you really say that's pandering to woman akin to with men in the same fashion as shonen and edgy manchild shows would? With how DBZ or Naruto, or fuck even Evangelion are milked, having a Lesbian Magical Princess or Tranny magical girl would be least of pandering concerns.

>>85905915
>A show about teenager strippers fighting as prostitutes to stop a conservative woman
Yes, a woman so conservative she sleeps with her daughters and is implied to be an insane sexually hedonistic pedophile, real clear there.

>The waifus aren't pretty enough for you, really? Really you little bitch?
No you sniveling dumbass, the point was you said magical girls fight in skirts and never get hurt or unpretty. In Sailor Moon that was blatantly untrue, they'd get shot, killed, burned, shocked, damaged and torn apart all the time just like male protags do. They'd show wounds and bleeding, they were never 'constantly pretty' like you're trying to push.
Learn to read between the lines before you throw out your assumptions.
>>
>>85905992
This isn't about even /pol/, it's about Magical girl/Moefags acting like special snowflakes and thinking they're better than everyone else. It's not that having lesbians makes the cartoon worse it's that it's done for pandering and fan-service, as well as pseudo-empowerment faux messaging not some kind of grandiose statement. Japan is a pretty conservative country anime aside.
>>
File: tumblr_oanfueph3C1ug2nywo1_500.jpg (23KB, 500x611px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oanfueph3C1ug2nywo1_500.jpg
23KB, 500x611px
>>85905945
>sexy action heroine to rescue her girl who later sacrifices herself in some horrific christological fashion to become a divine space lesbian, that's not friendship, that couldn't be more subtle.
Y-yeah I mean it's not like the west would d-do that or anything, r-right? Thank goodness. A space lesbian goddess sacrificing herself? Not at all, nope.
>>
>>85906021
>There are no lesbians in magical girls!
>Oh woops except when there are
>But they don't count because the Dub or something!
Wow brainiac real solid logic there.
There's a lesbian subtext in practically every magical girl show, you're just blind/too dumb to see it. What's it going to take for you to confess, them kissing onscreen?

No it'd happen and you'd still deny it, even if they were scissoring.

> what you'd call 'female empowerment'
No I wouldn't. it's what the people the show is aimed for would.

>would you really say that's pandering to woman akin to with men in the same fashion as shonen and edgy manchild shows would

How naive are you? Oh no anon, clearly woman dream of becoming muscly beserker shonen-stye'd assholes with Hulk-tier transformations, that's the prima donna feminine fantasy par excellence!
Which is why every chick flick and female catered show has girls with superpowered transformations.

Seriously? It's not exclusively lesbians but the element here is love, like are you dense? If a show focuses more on dating and the characters love life it's female catored.

>baaah but female characters get hurt t-too!
That's for the men to gawk at. It's called a "Cat fight", and it's fanservice plain and simple.
>>
>>85906021
>Yes, a woman so conservative she sleeps with her daughters and is implied to be an insane sexually hedonistic pedophile, real clear there.

So she's a redneck, so what.
If you're going to make a point be less stupid.
>>
>>85906116
The only sort of existing subtext that you keep insisting exists, is there because you see it and keep forcing it down everyones throats. Subtext is a petty backhanded way to back out of a clear cut answer, the answer here being an absolute lack of evidence for lesbian-based relationships in western magical girl anime. You can point to Madoka or cherry pick Sailor Uranus all you want but the primary focus is on the storylines. In fact there's an entire separate genre for lesbian anime, and mahō shōjo don't come close to emulating or crossing over with Yuri that often. The sort of "Female fanservice" and claimed empowerment you keep insisting exists by way of theoretical lesbian subtext is flimsy at best, and it doesn't even compare to what shonenen shit does. Literally call me when a magical girl show does a rescue the love interest/homo arc like Rukia, Orihime, Nami, Robin or Sasuke.

>Oh no anon, clearly woman dream
Are you a woman? Rhetorical don't answer that.
Woman aren't all the same. Why are you hung up on the idea that females cannot enjoy power fantasies too? More to the point, you keep insisting a female power fantasy is being a magical lesbian and getting to kiss girls, which is a bizarre form of projection if there ever was one.
>That's for the men to gawk at. It's called a "Cat fight", and it's fanservice plain and simple.
That's not like sailor Moon at all and you're really reaching. Characters get outright vaporized in the old show, are there men out there watching a classic anime just to see teenage girls burned to crisps or tanking energy attacks? You're kinda sick if you think that.
>>
>>85905267
go watch Accel World it is exactly what you described and exactly as shit as you can expect it to be

Also there should be more shows where the men can use magic but are so impatient that they can't learn it properly because it takes too long. So men have cantrips and girls have super cool spells
>>
Can't you faggots just enjoy your Macanese potato prints without reading all this fucking subtext into them?
>>
File: 1471964320906.jpg (678KB, 920x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1471964320906.jpg
678KB, 920x1000px
>>85906212
Wow you've got some seriously fatal autism going on there, you're literally saying subtext doesn't matter is like a down-syndrome creationist covering their eyes and ears going LALALA I CANNOT HEAR YOU and denying evidence exists.

And acting like a twit who thinks unless they fuck onscreen it's not fan service.
For instance
> you keep insisting a female power fantasy is being a magical lesbian and getting to kiss girls
You are being blind or terribly naive and dumb. I mean hello, I don't know if you've been living under a rock but there's a certain cartoon network show.

It's, oh I don't know, been airing for the past year or three and is sorta the most popular on /co/ as of this moment? Three space aunts and a midget, don't know if you've heard of it? I wonder why it's so popular. Clearly it's a mystery.

We'll never know, because subtext doesn't exist and doesn't matter! And we live in a world where no woman have sapphic fantasies and just want to be fan-service fight-bot hooker machines for kissless virgins. Moe shitters everyone.

> call me when a magical girl show does a rescue the love interest/homo arc
LITERALLY. FUCKING. MADOKA.
The entire plot of Madoka is this.
It's the ENTIRE SHOW. How can you be this dense?
The (actual) MC spends TWELVE EPISODES TRYING TO SAVE HER LOVE.
>>
>>85906271
Apparently not it's how moeshits justify their cartoon, but suggesting that they're so DEEP AND ENGAGING and then getting way defensive whenever like anyone calls them out on how all the show is doing is pandering to them with Lesbian shipteasing. It's so pathetic and ridiculous that I could laugh if it didn't ruin woman in japanese cartoons forever.
>>
>>85906301
I'm talking to you as well. Not everything has to be fucking deep and meaningful either. Cartoons are allowed to be dumb fun too.
>>
>>85905891
Homura outright states that she loves Madoka in Rebellion.
>>
>>85906282
Anon point to a magical girl show that isn't sailor moon. Show me evidence, support your argument. I don't need a sex scene, just some cuddling, some love making, even a date. A single show with two mahō shōjo going on an innocent date would prove me wrong. There are thousands and I mean thousands of shonen shows and typical generic gary sue bland animes with power son guys getting the girl and having love interests. But strangely and empirically a mystery, none with female magical girls on dates.
>Bringing up a western cartoon when we're talking about eastern Anime
And how does bringing up that trite show prove that all female-on-female friendship are lesbians and clearly and time girls touch it's confidentially irrefutable proof of yuri or whatever narrow-minded female empowerment you're pulling out of your ass?
>Madoka is Lesbians again! It panders to lesbians and is a feminist work with clear empowered woman!
This shit again? You're not even trying with this weak bait. You're objectively wrong and are getting desperate, don't chimp out on my just yet.
>>
>>85905383
Winx
Little charmers
Most japanese series never have a guy using magic either
>>
>>85906325
I'm not saying it's deep and meaningful. I'm saying it's pandering and fan-service. My original argument was how Magical Girl shows are no better than Shonen because they still pander to woman-child's juvenile fantasies just in a specific way, abit different. It is dumb fun but they'll deny that.

>>85906332
>Rebellion
I'm not gonna argue the whole non-canon route but that movie was shit. And 'Love' can mean a lot of things. I love my mother, and my best friends (no homo) and am capable of loving other girls too without it being gay.
That being said Madoka is pure yuri-tease and the denial is hilarious.
>>
File: utenaanthykiss.jpg (93KB, 798x392px) Image search: [Google]
utenaanthykiss.jpg
93KB, 798x392px
>>85906343
>magical girls
>Explicit Lesbians
The Rose of Versailles. There you happy you little carpet munching nerd?

And I cannot even take you seriously right now. Imagine this. Imagine a show full of weak skimpy Magical Strippers who are fighting fucktoys able to conjure beams and energy blasts, fight their rival with their fists, turn into edgy super forms and be everything Goku and Naruto are but with tits in a battle shonen centered around woman.

Now imagine something like say, Steven Universe.
>Muh western
Not the point dumbshit.
WHICH is more of a genuine female fantasy, which caters to a female sensibility? Why is a show like Steven Universe popular while a series like Witch Blade or Queen's Blade which are Male-fanservice Male-fantasy shows, barely heard of with fandoms non-existent. Hmmm? Your entire idea that girls if asked to identify with SnuSnu and Powershit would choose that over Space rocks lesbians is delusional.
>>
>>85906357
>and am capable of loving other girls too without it being gay.
Oh so just because you're a special sort of snowflake with tits, now it's you who has the authority to say what all woman want? Wonderful, if hilarious ironic and conceivably detestable. You should really be more upfront with these things when trying to structure your argument anon.
>>
>>85906357
true denial is the people that insist that Nanoha and Fate aren't a couple and spout some "Heterosexual life partners" BULLSHIT.
>>
>>85906357
>My original argument was how Magical Girl shows are no better than Shonen because they still pander to woman-child's juvenile fantasies just in a specific way
And you're wrong. Objectively wrong. I'm not saying shipfags and people who enjoy Yuri don't exist, but the magical girl demographic, Madoka included doesn't cater towards them, it's for a decidedly male demographic and none of the claimed lesbians that you insist are pseudo-empowered designate a female power fantasy.
>>85906408
You're trying to distract by saying that woman don't want to be amazons but rather lesbians, but the most problematic aspect of your line of reasoning is that it excludes these are mutually exclusive. In fact the two are interlinked, the amazon fantasy with the lesbian one. Look at Wonder Woman and her island, do you seriously think the warrior woman trope isn't intertwined with sapphic desire? It's all about that, and if Eastern anime were really to show a series that catered towards female empowerment and fantasies you'd expect to see a show a lot more like, yes, admittedly SU. Don't complain you brought it up first toots. Look at the tropes involved
>All female main cast sans Steven
>all female race
>Able to fight and fuse to grow stronger
>Dominated by female matriarchs
>Clear shipping undertones
There is no anime show that even comes close, a show about female matriarchs or amazons as protagonists (that aren't clear male titty fanservice) is unthinkable in a culture like Japan. So take your tinfoil hat theories and shove'em back up your cunt.
>>
>>85906429
>TITS or GTFO XD
Fuck off
I asked you earlier in the thread if you were a woman because you kept spouting about how you knew what woman wanted and how clearly it was to be moeblob sluts who fight in panties for the sake of men.
If you're going to attack me for something like that where are your credentials? Besides thinking with your dick I bet.

My gender has nothing to do with this debate asshole.
>>
File: 1444762741208.png (369KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1444762741208.png
369KB, 500x500px
>>85906512
I'm sorry did I trigger that time of month?
Why don't you write an angry blog about it back on your tumblr page, ooooo that'll really get the anons here running!
>>
>>85906481
>Madoka included doesn't cater towards them, it's for a decidedly male demographic
Do you really want to do this? I could totally pull some sales statistics and charts proving you dead wrong, and the oh so certain assumption that these series are created just for men is hilarious. Otakus, weeboos and shut-in's exist in both flavors and at this right you're just shitposting denial to say teasing yuri isn't just another form of pandering.

> a show about female matriarchs or amazons
> unthinkable in a culture like Japan
Which is why Sailor Moon literally has her becoming the Empress of Neo Tokyo in the future, oh yeah sure right. Them Japans are so sexist, they could never allow grrrls to be the most powerful in the universe, okay. And an all female cast? Wow what a thought, that's impossible for a medium like anime!

It's not even that Anime doesn't do Yuri, doesn't do the Power-leveling shit and doesn't do the same sort of thing that Steven Universe does.
It's that it's all shallow fan service and pandering without any depth to it. Say what you will about that show but atleast the females have characterization and depth, the sole reason the yuri-blob stripper bots exist in anime is for horny assholes like you to fap to, and horny lesbians to have something to relate to vaguely enough to buy merch later. There's nothing more to it, and it's just as pathetic as every shonenshit out there.

>>85906544
Yes we get it you're an asshole I didn't need that confirmation.
>>
Jesus you two, fuck already.
>>
File: Lilith_pinup.jpg (100KB, 650x789px) Image search: [Google]
Lilith_pinup.jpg
100KB, 650x789px
>>85905392
>I wish we had an adult styled magical girl series. Not in the family guy sense but just a series able to show drastic blood and violence, like where the girls get gored up and still have to consider moral and ethical decisions, with a mature tone.

Hai there. Luca Enoch made two of those.
>>
>>85906408
>The Rose of Versailles.

>lesbian
>magical girl

The flying fuck?
>>
>>85906622
>B-b-but females are losers too!
Already knew that, pull whatever half assed cherry picked figures you want if it makes you feel any better. But you don't get to whine about how Madoka is all fan service and pandering to waaaaaaaaah lesbians and then turn around saying how deep and meaningful Steven Universe is. All of that fanservice exists for men true, but it's not for some sizable yuri or lesbian demographic that the editor-kuns are sitting in a board room thinking they can make a profit off of. Every single magical girl show in itself sells merch and figurines which are for a decidedly male audience.
>Which is why Sailor Moon literally has her becoming the Empress of Neo Tokyo in the future, oh yeah sure right.
They don't need to make space rock lesbians show because
1)That wouldn't work or sell well in Japan
2)It'd intimate neckbeard audiences who want their females attractive, pretty and emotional but non-threatening
>It's that it's all shallow fan service and pandering without any depth to it.
Not true. The only exception are the shows you mentioned like Queen's Blade but they still don't pander to a Wonder Woman idealization, they quantify as some kind of Dominatrix fetish and if they stepped out of anything more than that they'd be nonviable for eastern audiences. Ignoring that, Madoka has more depth to it than just 'hurr durr Lesbians.' Sailor Moon too, and Nanoha. They can be pretty and smart and you just sound like you're horseshitting because you're tumblr mad at something you're not quite sure of. If you want to write a little essay on how anime aren't living up to your womyn expectations that's one thing, but don't call the shows just fan service without understanding them first.
>>
>>85905186
Wraith was the last good color to be added, coincidentally.
>>
>>85906672
Is that an anime though?
>>
>>85906689
C'mon, Rosalie is at-least-bisexual. It may not qualify as traditional Magical Girl fluff but it counts.
Also there's Revolutionary Girl Utena.
>>
File: nnz2.jpg (429KB, 1250x1400px) Image search: [Google]
nnz2.jpg
429KB, 1250x1400px
>>85906481
Not that anon but I hope to god you're wrong.
Homura is Madoka's soul mate and you're blind if you cannot see how in love they are. And as the series go long it's clear it's pure lemon.
>>
>>85906748
You could at least fall back to Ribbon Knight...
>>
>>85906729
It's a comic series

>>85906710
>They don't need to make space rock lesbians show because
Show By Rock!! seems to be doing okay.
>>
>>85906710
I'm not saying there's not more to it, but it is the central draw. The only thing super special about Madoka is it manages to go from a generic fan servicey magical girl show, to a semi-less-generic magical girl show now servicing yuri fags.

It's aiming for a specific thing but doesn't even have the balls to have two girls kiss like Steven Universe does.
If you want to claim it's 'pretty and smart' and there's so much more to it than that, show me their relationship in full.

Their dates, their love, more than just fan service blushing and panty teasing for the Dōjinshis.

>They don't need to make space rock lesbians show because
>1)That wouldn't work or sell well in Japan
>2)It'd intimate neckbeard audiences who want their females attractive, pretty and emotional but non-threatening

You don't know that. Sailor Moon is still a classic.
But we'll never get to see because anime is a dead medium that only panders to what it's fans want, or think they want.
That's why the mascot for magical girls now will be a blushing pink haired waifu like Madoka and not one like Star Butterfly.

> If you want to write a little essay on how anime aren't living up to your womyn expectations that's one thing
Are you sure you're a male because you sound like a little bitch right now.

I'm just telling the facts, you're trying to deny them because of some preconceived purity of magical girls or something and getting all defensive just because I like dumb stupid shit like Attack on Titan more than dumb stupid shit like Precure.

Maybe if a Precure had the balls to be half as assed and edgy as the shonen shows I'd watch it. Or oh I don't know, being genuinely well written?
Never going to happen.
>>
File: show-by-rock-short-.jpg (81KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
show-by-rock-short-.jpg
81KB, 600x315px
>>85906851
I took 5 seconds to google this. Looks interesting but I'm sure others will just dismiss it as moe faggotry without giving it a chance because it looks like wide eyed sparkly animu.

>>85906883
Yes clearly, that's such an objective fact that people went in watching Madoka primarily for the intense and dramatic relationship between two lesbian schoolgirls, what ever was I thinking? Oh right it's because I was thinking and using reason, and not making short-cut judgements and kneejerk evaluations with my emotions, unlike you. I'm assuming you've seen Madoka? When has the whole Homura loving Madoka thing (Which clearly must be sexual!!!11 God you puritan faggot) ever come into play prior to, how particular are we speaking, the last episode? Last two episodes? For actual reference I mean, aren't you just being pedantic about this.

>Their dates, their love, more than just fan service blushing and panty teasing for the Dōjinshis.
They have a genre for that. It's called Yuri.
They don't do that in Magical Girl shows because they're aimed at primarily a male demographic, and when men see that sort of service they don't want to watch female relationships. Just girls kissing.

>You don't know that. Sailor Moon is still a classic.
Nobody in today's age still watches Sailor Moon. Even the reboot is doing bad.
>But we'll never get to see because anime is a dead medium that only panders to what it's fans
Blahblahblah I too can be a contrarian.
>That's why the mascot for magical girls now will be a blushing pink haired waifu like Madoka and not one like Star Butterfly
I'm not sure what point you are precisely making here. Is it that you have shit taste? Because you sure have me convinced.

>getting all defensive
You're trying to paint the mahō shōjo genre in one brush and I'm explaining why it's not that way you're assuming. Of course since you've stated you don't actually watch it it's to be expected you'd have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>85906883
>dead medium
Then what the fuck do you think they would do if it didnt pander otakus? It would be even more dead than it is now.
>>
>>85906481
Uh, no - magical girl shows - also 'cute girls that do nothing shows' both have women as their target demographic. Specifically younger girls.

There is such a thing as a peripheral demographic you know - which is why they tend to pick pleasing-to-the-eye male leads for Sentai - for the mothers watching with their sons.
>>
>>85904092
>rescue me
>become my sex slave
You must select one.
>>
>>85907031
I'm not denying that, but that peripheral demographic is still nominal at best, it's not what the creators of a series are going to consider when it comes to the final say in a show's creative decision making.

Other anon is trying to make it out like Madoka or Nanoha are actually shows that care about lesbians or Yurifags which clearly isn't the case. The two have a very very minuscule interaction and overlap, and we're never going to get a full blown Yuri Magical-Girl series because they have differing demographics that contradict each other.

She can cherrypick Sailor Moon all she wants but even Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune were very very minor characters in a much longer, larger plot with a large cast. It's as significant as Clarence or Loud House having gay parents, and then claiming the show was made to cater towards a gay audience for having a brief cameo for a brief nod. Anon also thinks some laughably weak subtext is the same equivalent as said catering.
>>
>>85906883
>Maybe if a Precure had the balls to be half as assed and edgy as the shonen shows I'd watch it.

Aren't you the guy who refuses to watch Symphogear?
>>
>>85906989
I feel bad for loving this show
>>
>>85904269
>>85904346
They're trans.
>>
>>85907117
There is nothing wrong with liking those kinda shows. I myself love K-on, tamako market and yuru yuri
>>
>>85906989
>A main characters primary motivation for the entire series
>Not significant okay.

>They have a genre for that. It's called Yuri.
>Implying there aren't men who enjoy Yuri
>Implying there aren't girls who enjoy Magical Girls and Powershit

Why are you trying to be so black and white about this? You already dismissed the subtext and my elaboration on simple subtleties either, and now you're acting like no genres should ever intermingle, just because, like what? They have separate demos? Because a show cannot reel in more people by marketing itself towards diverse audiences or something.

>Nobody in today's age still watches Sailor Moon.
It's the gold standard poster series for Magical Girl anime. I'm pretty Anime-casual and even I know that.

>I'm not sure what point you are precisely making here.

We could never have a protagonist like Star Butterfly in Anime, she's too threatening. Even if the males could relate to Marco they'd have to change him because he's too, Alpha. No, they'd have to make him pretty much like
>>85905267
A la Subaru or an edgy stu like Kirito to even be allowed to pair with such a character.
Think Kyon and Haruhi, but even Haruhi's power was only passive, having an aggressive Sailor Moon wouldn't work. You'd need it to be either a blushing "Neee-san" series or a yuri pandering cringe fest like Madoka. Why?
Think about the reason and you'll see how it backs my argument.

>>85907000
Otakus aren't even a very profitable demo, no wonder anime is dying.
>>
>>85904106
I love that show because the male sidekick isn't a cuck and is shown to have a leg up on the protagonist by having different strengths and flaws.
>>
>>85907115
>Symphogear
I misspoke, asking for a series to be half assed implies exactly that however. If I wanted to watch another fan service show with more tits than brains and some violence barely above Precure I'd just watch the drivel that is Madoka again.
>>
>>85904106
>>85907241
But clearly the thing that makes the show so attractive is the female is a cuck, or the male has to be alpha, but either way someone has to be a cuck. That's why you watch it. Someones got to be the blushing cuck to fantasize cumming in.
>>
>>85907267
For other people sure. I watch it because some of the episodes are REALLY well written. And the characters are cool too. I also enjoy the use of side characters. More shows should employ this style, but not necessarily this genre.
>>
File: 1458894049072.jpg (104KB, 800x927px) Image search: [Google]
1458894049072.jpg
104KB, 800x927px
>>85907227
>They have separate demos?
This is marketing 101. Big companies don't like to take risks, and shows are expensive. Basic pandering and econ logic, the more diverse and divisive you make a series the more you're blowing your load and risking no returns. Japans are mega autists so they're not going to do an insane stunt like mash genres for your artistic wonder-fantasies or womyn standards. Look at what happened to Evangelion for what it tried to do.
It's ridiculous that I even have to explain this.
>Sailor Moons is the greatest magical girl chinese cartoon evvur!!111
Okay.

>Think about the reason and you'll see how it backs my argument.
Well your argument is rationally speaking horseshit and based on false assumptions and your emotional sympathies, not reason, but I'll humor you and tackle that. Star Butterfly would work just fine as an Anime protagonist, she's based on magical girls afterall and is one herself. The problem with your weird little example is, there's no way you could balance her as a Lesbian and still keep a Magical Girl genre intact, especially if Marco is still in the picture. You're running the artsy budget-gambling and you have a million angry NEETS that are just waiting to rant and write letters and revolt the moment Star gets with DreamGirl instead of a self-insert like Marco. Especially if he becomes a friend-zoned cuck. On the other hand, you also have a peripheral demographic or yuri fags you've attracted and are waiting to burn them completely if you introduce a lesbian protagonist and suddenly make her a dick-addled true believer in the school of dick, understand what I'm saying?

You're walking on Dynamite here and playing with matches with that storytelling.
Financially it's suicide. You cannot win.
>>
Men just lack that special something, you know?
>>
>>85907371
Funny how you consider good writing and creative storytelling 'risks', you're part of the problem.

It's your same-mindedness that even your MuhDoka show cannot even show Homura or Madoka kissing or going on a date. Half assed, but still juvenile in how shallow it handles it's pandering.

Which as I've already said, goes to male and female audiences in it's presentation. It's no better than action shows in it's fanservice with that regard.

>based on false assumptions

You want to talk about false assumptions?

Your entire paragraph there is based around the false idea that if it creates controversy it won't sell.
Which experimental works have shown to be untrue. Evangelion shocked, but now it's a selling powerhouse, it's like Star Wars over there even 2 decades later.

Everything your saying is based around the ideology of like, pandering this, self-insertion that. But I'm saying a truly well written series wouldn't need that.

It wouldn't work if it just tried to throw itself to whoever bought the most toys and body-pillows sure. But a great work would sell regardless, even if they depicted Marco as a cuck or some female character as a whiny emo lesbian like Homura just to drag out her getting with Star until the very end.

None of that determines what makes a series popular ultimately, in the long run. It's just what faggots will risk or not risk, but what would you bet just to think even a series with the ultimate cuckening wouldn't sell just because some fanboy or fangirls pairing didn't win out.
Isn't that like, the reason Naruto is still going or something?
>>
File: 1458894100144.png (941KB, 1278x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1458894100144.png
941KB, 1278x1400px
>>85907522
I love how you just conveniently ignored everything I said for your own warped interpretation. It's that easy right? As long as you write a sophisticated masterpiece of a series and make it a big splash hit with everyone surely you can ignore marketing principles or basic common sense, because your storytelling is top notch right! Which explains why even good anime series and quality are sold overall, instead of the gutter trash we get on a seasonal basis, right? Unbelievable.

But, since you're clearly so enlightened on the masses and have this all powerful view of what Anime is and/or should be, why don't you clarify how a shitty idea like making Star Butterfly a Lesbian and Marco a cuck will somehow rake in the dough, how it'll revolutionize anime and becoming a staying staple just because it has, what, controversy? What a sound optimal strategy! Piss everyone off so much that they'll want to watch more by ensuring they hate it. What a genius, everything should just be shock and awe and make us as annoyed and defeated as possible.
Truly good writing, and you clearly know it! All the answers just lie here folks.
>>
>>85907227
Anime isnt dying. Only thing what is dying is japanese population
>>
File: 1460946989031.png (207KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
1460946989031.png
207KB, 650x500px
>>85907633
>Keep Star's viking like warrior mentality, show no interest in romance at first
>Make Marco an Otaku/Weeb for maximum self-insertion so fans know 'Yo this is you'
>Build up her and Marco's friendship heavily 1st season
>Put some cracks in their relationship while still building up ship possibilities
>Push the envelope for what she sacrifices for him, like her Wand at the end of S1
>Make Marco the one at fault and one who ultimately walks away from her, that way otakus can say "If it were me I would've stayed and gotten with her for sure!"
>Introduce lesbian love interest as despicable and gross in S1, like a Stalker type
>Don't actually have her character developed until S2
>Start to build up her and Star's relationship slowly
>Give a moment where Marco gets a bone, a chance to get back with Star before she and Les-Interest hook up
>Have him blow it completely cementing her only option
>Rest of S2 is her coming to terms with female love interest, hooking up at end and just barely fixing her friendship with Marco
>She gets Star, Star is still "Bros" with Marco, everyone wins
>Introduce potential love interests/female friends with Marco also so he's not foreveralone with only Star as an option either
>Introduce a shitload of lore, adventurous plot, backstories, and tell a whole story a la Steven Universe during all this so viewers aren't just following 3 characters in a tug of war nonstop, disperse it out
>Actually make the relationship the most tacked on thing there- but yet subtle and still believable, thoroughly fleshed out enough
>Have the final ships a foregone conclusion before the Finale so people care about the ending for more than just OTPs
It's not that hard.
If people want to kill themselves over their ship not coming true that's their own fault, most fans will still eat it up.
>>
>>85907924
Also if it wasn't obvious the female stalker/love interest is the insertion point of the female viewer/yurifag who contemplates Star for sexual.
>>
Is this a Magical Girl thread or a Yuri thread? I'm not sure.
>>
>>85908147
I made it to be a magical girl thread and get two replies but then shit poaters writing out paragraphs appeared
>>
>>85905764
You think it's a problem? And you want to change it? Good luck lol.
>>
>>85904061
Yeah but you know you'd complain and yell tumblr if they had boys dressed in poofy frilly pastel dresses.
>>
>>85910025
But we already has alot traps in anime and manga.
>>
That's more of an /a/nime trope then /co/. Closest I could think that fit the bill was Powerpuff Girls and even then I almost immediately remembered that A) The girls were created and only they had such powers to begin with and B) The Rowdey Ruff Boys.
>>
File: 1471164177538.png (1MB, 3410x541px) Image search: [Google]
1471164177538.png
1MB, 3410x541px
>>85910025
>Implying
>>
>>85904755
But there was also plenty of times where women were associated with magic because magic was wild and dangerous and something men were too civilised for.
>>
>>85906353
>Most japanese series never have a guy using magic either
Well, the villains. Plus men not being the magic users in a show doesn't mean the world is anti-guy magic. Would you make the same leap in a movie without women? Did you watch Deliverance and wonder why the movie said woman are banned from using bows and arrows?
>>
>>85905392
Shamanic Princess?

Honestly I don't think there that rare, it's just that they don't tend to be mainstream hits unless their Madoka.
>>
>>85904755
Women were believed to be able to do magic as well. The Greek sybilles and the Anglo-Saxon hægtisses and Japanese mikos come to mind.
>>
>>85905804
Because it's a trigger anime, dumbshit. And it's not like the fanbase is heavily female skewed like PSG's was.
>>
>>85904989
Yeah, because setting things on fire with your mind or shooting lightning from your hands is something only women would want to do.
>>
>>85907088
I meant figuratively
>>
>>85905754
>Both flavors of side-girl were created to be repulsive.
Is that why Asuka and Rei wear skin-tight suits?
>>
File: 1457069552184.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1457069552184.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>85905358
Precure's got a strong tradition of shonen styles punch and fist fights.
Though the quality varies from season to season.
>>
File: 1453752954947.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1453752954947.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>85905368
>>
>>85910432
to be fair Shinji and his boyfriend wear one too
>>
>>85905240
Most of the villains in Sailor Moon were guys that used magic.
>>
>>85904061
>protagonist is only male character that can magical
>Is some rare genetic/magic/no reason that not only lets him be the only male in an all female profession, but has hidden potential to be better than all the women
>All the women now want to fuck him
>>
>>85904136
I hate this. I also hate the Tuxedo Mask-esque characters that show up for every series.
>>
File: 1400007044181.jpg (38KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
1400007044181.jpg
38KB, 704x480px
>>85904061
>team of magical girls
>main girl gets the guy and a shit-ton of powerups
>the rest of the team becomes horribly irrelevant
>>
File: Not even amused.jpg (29KB, 400x308px) Image search: [Google]
Not even amused.jpg
29KB, 400x308px
>>85904061
>magical girls show
>can't do any serious shit without a magical gentleman
>>
>>85905804
...Why does everything that guys like fall into "MALE POWER FANTASY" for your ilk?

I want to be a fireman that gets thanked by the neighbourhood kids for diving into a flaming building and bringing out grandma and grandpa on each shoulder alive? Nah, that's a power fantasy. I dream about being a jet fighter pilot that gets cheered when he lands on aircraft carriers? No, no... power fantasy.

I want to be that dude who inspires people to be better people the next day.

No, that's a power fantasy too.

Are you saying that every male in existence and to exist... mustn't... dream of being greater than themselves? To want to be better? To design role models and heroes that we want to be like? Those are power fantasies?

Then why aspire at all?

Also
>Shonenshit and Evangelion tells you to man the fuck up and stop being a pussy, based on some sort of unrealistic expectation about how totally awesome you yes YOU THE VIEWER, the fanboys and neets can be if you just got into the cockpit of a giant robot and fucked a bunch of bitches. It's pathetic, and you're a pretentious ninny who will eat it all up.

Hey, if you want to be a sad sack and yell at the world at being unfair, that's you.

Don't tell us to follow your example.

No one wants to. I don't think everyone ever will with that attitude.
>>
>>85913219
Different anon but magical girls in skimpy outfits doing sexy cheerleader magical girl stuff isn't an aspiration at all.

Unless you're actually thinking "Oh how cool I want to be a magical girl and save people in a skirt with magic and use my wand to help the world!", which is a different thing, you're probably thinking "Wow these girls are cute I want one as my girlfriend/waifu" which is what the show wants you to think, according to anon.

The other one was arguing something like "Well no these shows actually do allow girls to self-insert but it's usually as powerful lesbians about getting a girlfriend-" Which is equally the same as the first only now you have a girl thinking it instead of aboy.
>>
File: 1431311051866.jpg (67KB, 700x714px) Image search: [Google]
1431311051866.jpg
67KB, 700x714px
>>85913407
>magical girls in skimpy outfits doing sexy cheerleader magical girl stuff isn't an aspiration at all.

>guy in a skintight suit is saving shit with his superpowers
>it's obiously a male power fantasy, you should all be ashamed, go outside you fucking nerds!
>chick in a skintight suit is saving shit with her superpowers
>it's not a female power fantasy because reasons, it's a totally different thing, what are you dumb or something?

there is no winning with those dumbasses
>>
>>85913548
Because most females in that role aren't actually even superheroes, well I mean they technically are but they're not saving anyone, they're just glorified love interests and sexual enticements to stand around and look sexy. Atleast to some. I don't know what fiction that still applies to, but considering anon was a shonen fag they probably only read series like Naruto where they have females like Sakura.

Granted I don't agree or think this is true for ALL heroines or whatever and sexualization isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. But one anon earlier was saying how Magical Girls in sissy revealing outfits and doing the typical blushing Magical girl thing were actually deep and inspiring role models or some shit, and the other just said "No they're just love interests for LESBIANS clearly they're not deep or anything."

I think there were comparisons to SU and Star Butterfly somewhere but it got kind of muddled. Apparently japanese fans would rage and drop the show if a love interest/female character hooks up with a girl or something because that means she's not available to them? I don't know that argument was a pissy clusterfuck.
>>
>>85913548
We're talking about Anime anon. Anime.
Completely different standards.
You very rarely get female superheroes, Ryuko and say Maka from Soul Eater are rare exceptions. But the difference between a Magical Girl and the usual anime hero are as far as night and day.
>>
>>85904061
The magic gene is only found on the X chromosome, and only expresses itself as magic when paired. One magic gene will manifest as a sensitivity to the supernatural.
>>
>>85913548
K. Call me when a "Female Power Fantasy" is allowed to look unsexy or uncute or unfuckable. I'll wait.
>B-but guy heroes all look sexy too! ALL of them do
No they don't.
>>
>>85913548

Difference is that most men would want to be Conan the barbarian or he man (sans the faggy haircut). I doubt may women want to be a skimpy dressed oppai loli saving the world from evil with a wand that undeniably looks like a dildo
>>
>>85913774
>The magic gene is only found on the X chromosome, and only expresses itself as magic when paired. One magic gene will manifest as a sensitivity to the supernatural.

Citation needed.
>>
>>85913407
That means I shouldn't be impressed with Flex Mentallo, Ka-Zar, Tarzan, Rambo. It works both ways. Are you telling me not to find those guys impressive and "cooi"?

So what should I aspire to be? That mechanic in Garage Garfunkle that changes your car? You tell me.
>>
>>85913812
It's the whole Hulk/Shehulk dilemma. You've got to make Shehulk just a recolored green fucktoy because it would be EW FUCKING GROSS to think about wanting to fuck a huge green-female roidrage or whatnot.
>>
>>85905706
There's always the Gulf States, if you're an Arab oil billionaire you can have all the slaves you want.
>>
>>85913812
Then shouldn't your argument be that men "shouldn't" want to be Conan the Barbarian? Remember that equality is even.

>>85913802
Personally, yeah, let 'em be good looking. Eye candy works both ways. You can ogle at male asses and I'll preen at how the legs are long.

>B-But girls don't want to look at hot guys the way men want to ogle girls
Yes, they do. Any woman that says otherwise is a lie. They just do it on the sly - and some do more than ogle because they can get away with it with a giggle and a sprint. Go to an anime convention with a reasonably good-looking dude and you'll find him annoyed at the women getting touchy-feely.

We like hot people. Goes both ways. Enjoy instead of tearing it down.

It's fiction. It doesn't spill over.
>>
>>85913899
Well obvious not, but those masculine heroes are still in control and respectable.
>Are you telling me not to find those guys impressive and "cooi"?
That's the entire reason they exist.
Meanwhile a character like Sara Conner or Lara Craft exist for clearly, other reasons. You can inspire to be like them, but why would you when you can be Indiana Jones or Arnold? The only advantage they have is that they have magical protection from dirt, scratches, grease or anything similar, can have perfect magic hair and run in jungles or factories with dainty heels.
>>
>>85913728
Why ARE we talking about anime? This is /co/. Surely we should be considering OP's tropes in the context of western shows?
>>
>>85913987
Yeah but all female characters have to be 'hot'. Hot in a singular and obvious sense.
Men get exceptions. Don't pretend like all male characters look like calvin klein models, there's clearly more diversity.

And I don't want characters to be sexy or eye candy "Both ways", that just kills it and makes a shitty excuse not to have good character design.

>Enjoy instead of tearing it down.
>It's fiction. It doesn't spill over.
Yeah tell that to people who throw autistic spaz-tantrums over the cast of Steven Universe or anything that doesn't give the cookie cutter mold to it's characters.
>>
>>85914009
The thread was about anime and magical girls. The above gender standards and politics were on those applying to anime, with some comparisons to western cartoons.

You can talk comics if you want obviously but know what people in the thread are referencing. There's a clear segregation of male and female characters is what some people were saying earlier.
>>
>>85913219
>Then why aspire at all?
Tall poppy syndrome.

Tumblrites don't like it when people other than them are even slightly successful in any way.
>>
>>85914137
>when people other than them are even slightly successful in any way

Are you seriously using people other than them in the sense of 'fictional people' and slightly more successful in the sense that 'they're way hotter'?
>>
>>85905240
>Meguka Muguka
>>
>>85913990
Why wouldn't you? Lara Croft fights dinosaurs, mummies, centaurs and does all sorts of shit that Indiana Jones could only dream of.
>>
>>85913923

that's the point, female characters are designed to be hot before anything else
>>
>>85913990

>Sarah Connor

I have no idea how anyone could watch T2 and think that they want to be Sarah Connor, male or female. She's a PTSD-riddles lunatic who almost executes a man in from of his wife and child.

She's a great character but no-one's idea of a role model or self-insert.

>Lara Croft

I've always wondered what the female community actually thinks of her.
>>
File: Gotsbi.jpg (39KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Gotsbi.jpg
39KB, 630x420px
>>85904061

>girl magic show
>Male is often more capable/able to elude than the female leads despite having weaker/no magic
>>
>>85914114
>All female characters have to be hot
No, all fictional character in general just have to be able to fulfill a role. I don't differentiate between the genders. If we're going by looks on a focus group such as the X-Men, it's pretty even. There are average looking males, average looking girls, less-than-average of both genders...

It's even. That's what you want. It's done.

>>85913990
Then let's get rid of all of them. Conan, Tarzan, Lara Croft, Danger Girls - all of them. They are all equally horrible. They set horrible standards that people shouldn't follow.

No one should want to be loved and feared like Conan, revered like Tarzan, resourceful and intelligent like Lara Croft or plain audacious like the Danger Girl cast.

They're ALL horrible, then.
>>
>>85914300

>No, all fictional character in general just have to be able to fulfill a role

You're ignoring the realities of the world for some vague fantasy-land that doesn't actually exist.

That's not how actual media works and you know it. Just because Melissa Macarthy or Amy Schumer is popular does not mean pop culture has somehow fixed its storytelling imbalances with regards to women.
>>
>>85914300
>If we're going by looks on a focus group such as the X-Men, it's pretty even.
Really? I'm no X-pert but, you have
>Bobby - gay
>Angel - Arguably handsome
>Night Crawler - blue gargoyle
>Beast - ugly as sin because furry
>Xavier - Bald cripple
>Logan - Described as hideous
>Scott - maybe a catch if visor was off

And then you have characters like
>Jean Grey - literal comic waifu fucktoy made to appease dominatrix fetishes
>Rogue - Conventionally Pretty
And so on. Do we really get any female 'beasts' or unattractive female mutants? Even with Logan's counterpart she's a pretty fuckable teen instead of a fugly manlet.
>>
>>85914372
>Realities of the world

Ah, you're one of those people. Those guys who think that everything has a subliminal message. Or should.

Would it make you feel better if, you know, instead of Marvel Comics, DC Comics, Image, Anime, or whatever, we just replaced the writers and artists of each book with whatever... you know...

Political Cartoonist from whatever Editorial you subscribe to?

Let's take out the saving of people, the adventures, the dragon-slaying and the cool bikes that can break the speed of sound. Let's take out every single thing that makes us go 'Damn, that's awesome'.

Let's do it your way.

Let's have... you know, Ben Garrison Presents The Safe Stories of Diana Jones, Seattle Coffee Cup Employee.

It seems to be what you want.

Let's have that. Forever. No changes. I want that for you. You get that world and you don't change back. Live in it.

Don't think about anything else, about macho men saving puppies in trees or heroines shielding children from gang members. Let's have your world.
>>
>>85914300
Anon pls. Stop acting like this is an equal treatment thing.
Conan and Heman get to be lumbering brutes, She-Ra gets to be a glamorous beautiful goddess.
Tarzan get's to be a wild savage monkey but Jane is a civilized beautiful english waif who never breaks a nail or heel.

I'd actually think some people might be flattered but that sorta flattery is coming from the wrong place I think, they'll claim it's patronizing or something. To be fair I don't ever see feminist or many grills asking for a gangly female Tarzan or whatnot, on the far end their criticism falls apart because they won't ALLOW female characters to be conventionally unattractive, I suspect it's because they just cannot insert or relate to them.
>>
>>85914512

I literally have no idea what this post is trying to convey and how it relates to my post.
>>
File: winx-club-serie-tv-01-g.jpg (167KB, 1200x827px) Image search: [Google]
winx-club-serie-tv-01-g.jpg
167KB, 1200x827px
>>85914132
>The thread was about anime and magical girls
But there's a pretty big difference between /a/ fanservice-y magical girl shows which are now largely made for otaku and /co/ magical girl shows made for actual young girls. And this thread is on /co/. If OP wanted to talk about anime surely they should have made the thread on /a/?

I guess I'm just sad that we could have had a thread about western magical girl shows and we got tumblr gender roles and representation shitshow. Again.
>>
>>85914512
Anon pls.
Fiction is a window into fantasy.
Fiction can also allow storytelling.
The two are naturally interlinked because reality has a structure much like fiction with how we understand it.
The problem is some realities highlight fantasies closer than others and therefore some fictions do as well.
It's easy to say you'd be fine with anything, but can I trust you're not one of those people bitching when a Black girl replaces Ironman and WHOR or whatnot, or would throw a tantrum if they made female characters fat and unattractive like countless male ones?
>>
>>85914483
>>Angel - Arguably handsome
>>Night Crawler - blue gargoyle
>>Beast - ugly as sin because furry
Maybe you're just bigoted against blue people.
>>
>>85914483
>unattractive female mutants?
No-Girl.

Unless disembodied brains in a jar are your thing. Not gonna judge.
>>
>>85914555
So get rid of them.

Really, campaign for equal erasure.

After all, by your definition we're just as fucking herded. We shouldn't want to be like those guys, right?

We should never want to be that dashing rogue charming Princesses and robbing evil fools blind and you shouldn't want to be the rebellious Princess that wants to take her Kingdom back from her evil Stepmother.

Say it. It is the only way to go, after all - you are asking for equality. Get rid of it all.
>>
>>85914628

>erasing everything makes more sense then making the writing for female characters more three-dimensional
>>
>>85914591
Well yeah. Western magical series have been, while influenced, relatively untouched by the east's conventions. But you should know that when you mention Magical Girl anime is the first thing that'll come to mind, not Winx Club or anything.

>we got tumblr gender roles and representation shitshow
Why do you fucking think in buzzwords? Do you go to bed at night thinking of tumblr as this otherly dimension that's out to get you?
>>
>>85904092
I wish there were a way to permanently shoot this stupid mindset in the face and be done with it.

What makes anyone think that sex can't get boring, just like anything else? You really think that just because you haven't done something, it must be immaculate?

What if your "sex slave" doesn't even moan and just lays there with a dull look on their face and asks, "are you done yet?"

I swear, with all the retarded, ass-backward ideas y'all can have, it's still played like the things that ruin everything else in life are unable to seep into new concepts.
L
>>
>>85914483
>>Xavier - Bald cripple
yea, a bald criple who owns a whole academy of muties and can read min-AAAAAAAAAAGGGHH
>>
>>85914598
Then don't read comics, novels or books.

Read Jane's Fighter Planes 1989. That's pure fact. Read Carpentry for Dummies. That is also pure fact.

Don't even open anything REMOTELY fucking FANTASTICAL or gives you ideas that a man could fly or a kid can actually be the leash for a giant super robot. I forbid you.

For your own good and for the good man that you are, I forbid you to entertain such blasphemous and disgusting ideas. Why should a boy think Superman saving the city from a flood is good? Why should I think that Hellboy's struggle against his destiny was a read-worthy experience?

I shouldn't. By your words I shouldn't care about any of them. I should call them "unrealistic standards expected of males by the influence of media". They should, therefore, not exist.
>>
>>85914720

Again, your argument has nothing to do with the issues at hand. You're literally yelling random nonsense that doesn't relate to the conversation.
>>
File: MotherBrain.jpg (64KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
MotherBrain.jpg
64KB, 600x450px
>>85914625
EXCUUuuUUZE ME?
just because a woman is a brain in a jar she is unattractive according to your standards?
you body-previledged shitlord

NOW TELL ME IM PRETTY
>>
File: 1465962996756.png (236KB, 785x1073px) Image search: [Google]
1465962996756.png
236KB, 785x1073px
>>85914628
You're acting like a toddler whose throwing a tantrum in some attempt to emulate sarcasm or irony with your passive aggressive statements.

There's absolutely no reason to rid of Tarzan. Anymore than there are to get rid of Powergirl. There's also no reason to rid of the opposites or genderbents, the problem is obviously one of diversity.

I want female Tarzans and Powergirls alongside female Hank McCoy's and all manner of characters. You're just being pedantic to shit your point rather than accept anothers.

>Say it. It is the only way to go, after all - you are asking for equality. Get rid of it all.
Is that really what you want? Are you that autistic that you'd rather get rid of your favorite characters rather than accept a fat superhero of either gender?
>>
>>85904092
>not wanting to become their own personal sex slave.
You have it all fucked up anon, you are supposed to be the sex slave in this equation.
>>
>>85914657
Yeah, erase them all. They're all attractive, adventurous louts that shouldn't influence our minds.

Your idea of a three-fucking-dimensional character that's female is Never Wrong Woman = you don't want a character or a story; you want a POWER FANTASY, by your own fucking words. You wouldn't read a series about a girl growing into the role of a badass through hardships. If it were, you'd know about Red Sonja.

You don't give two shits about someone trying to move on with their lives only to get trapped in the same cycle and emerging worse from the tragedies that shaped them rather than better - if you did, you'd know about Helena - Huntress.

You don't read shit. You're just throwing an idiotic complaint out there because?

Because you're a Soapbox Sadie and you know for a fact if you go outside no one will give two shits about you, either.

We read comics to be entertained. Stop telling others what they should and shouldn't enjoy because you can't fit into an XL blouse.
>>
>>85904269
In trollz there was a rule that men couldn't use magic. It was actually stated.
In winx club it wasn't, it's just that the only male school we see doesn't teach magic.
In the magic city there were plenty of male magic users, when it's first introduced a guy uses magic to make a parking spot for himself, demonstrating to the audience how magic is part of daily life there.
>>
>>85914666
>Do you go to bed at night thinking of tumblr as this otherly dimension that's out to get you?
No, but I recognise it as manifesting itself in boring, pointless discussion that ruins threads for people who just want to watch and discuss cartoons without giving a fucking shit about the "socio-political ramifications" of them or whatever the fuck you faggots pretend to care about to distract yourselves from your worthless lives, when instead you could be distracting yourselves from your worthless lives by simply enjoying some fun cartoons without stopping to pick them apart and read deeper meanings into them.

Honestly, who really gives a shit about all this gender bollocks? Do you people honestly thinks comics and cartoons affect the world in any meaningful way?
>>
>>85914720
What the fuck are you even talking about?
I'm saying we should improve fiction by sheer quantity and quality of ideas. You're saying we should eliminate it completely.

If I didn't like some guys inflation diaper fetish my solution wouldn't be to remove all Porn from the internet. I'd go find something else that I like and not pay attention to it.

>Why should a boy think Superman saving the city from a flood is good? Why should I think that Hellboy's struggle against his destiny was a read-worthy experience?

Because you think

>a girl should NOT think a heavyset Superwoman saving the city from a flood is good? Why should someone think that short womanlet Hellgirl's struggle against his destiny was a read-worthy experience?
You're throwing an autistic shitfit rather than accepting 'STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE.' No one said you cannot have fucking superman or hellboy or your heroes. Just stop your chimpout whenever anyone else tries to create yours.

> I should call them "unrealistic standards expected of males by the influence of media".
Why do you get to have your heroes but cry like a bitch whenever anyone else has there's? You're like an asperger kid in a McDonalds who gets his burger and happy meal but then crys BAAAAAH NOOO! When some other kid gets a different one and screams and rolls on the floor until they either throw it in the trash or give it to you too.
>>
>>85914861
>Never Wrong Woman = you don't want a character or a story; you want a POWER FANTASY, by your own fucking words.

That's not only not true but only a thing that exists inside your imagination. Stop projecting.

> If it were, you'd know about Red Sonja.
Red Sonja is just a fucktoy though and she's a female conan at that. I don't mind that but you seem adamant on keeping her IN HER PLACE and if she branches out anything or loses the one attribute of her that's important to you it's simply unacceptable.

> Stop telling others what they should and shouldn't enjoy
YOU ARE LITERALLY FUCKING DOING THAT RIGHT NOW.
BY TELLING PEOPLE THEY SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO ENJOY A CHARACTER JUST BECAUSE THEY 'CAN' FIT IN ONE. HOLY FUCK.
>>
>>85914861

>a handful of characters exist, that means wwe can all go home everyone

This is about general trends. I don't understand this style of argument, just because I'm saying "I'm tired of trend x and y" doesn't mean I somehow think strong female characters literally don't exist.

>>85914899

>Honestly, who really gives a shit about all this gender bollocks

Because it effects the quality of the storytelling. One-dimensional characters are one-dimeisnal characters, male or female. Characters whoa re only "the wife" or "the girlfriend" are generally poorly written, contribute nothing to the story and damage the overall narrative. Expending them and making them actual characters in their own right is literally actually improving the quality of your storytelling.

I don't get why people defend bad writing when it comes to women, as though these cliches have to stay otherwise you're a cuck Tumblr Reddit etc.
>>
>>85914899
I care? What sort of faggot just consumed media uncritically like an asshole force-fed? I would love to have a crazy ass series like
>>85907924
but cannot because people like you would bitch and moan and tear down anyone who tried like people often do.
>>
>>85914998
Sometimes a story is just too vast or dense to avoid stereotypes. It doesn't make a character bad just because they have that dimension to that.

Izumi Curtis from FMA is a "The wife" character but that doesn't make her any less badass or bad.
>>
>>85914899

>simply enjoying some fun cartoons without stopping to pick them apart and read deeper meanings into them

>he says this while posting on /co/

you serious with this shit?
>>
>>85915004
I'm not saying we should consume media unthinkingly, but why consume media you don't like? And why not let people who do like it consume it? What's the point of criticising people's enjoyment of things other than to make yourself feel superior to them?

>I would love to have a crazy ass series like >>85907924 but cannot because people like you would bitch and moan and tear down anyone who tried like people often do.
Neither of us have any power in that regard. The market decides what sells, and in the case of children's cartoons that's an audience of children with simple tastes, not anons on /co/ obsessed with things being deep and representative. Our opinions literally do not matter, which is why I think it's totally pointless to discuss such issues that kids do not think or care about.
>>
File: 1458104662223.jpg (249KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1458104662223.jpg
249KB, 960x1280px
>>85915189
I don't Consume media I don't like. But since this board is for bitching about inane topics it's an ample excuse to bitch about things that I would like but don't exist because of dumb reasons I don't like.

>And why not let people who do like it consume it?

This comes down to some kind of weird entitlement fallacy where both camps believe media belongs to them and they're more deserving of what they like to see. It's a rather fashionable problem with capitalistic society. Thus criticizing things that exist, I'm speculating from others POV reinforces some sort of consensus, a faux vote on what culture you'd like to elect in it's stead.

You're perfectly 100% right that neither of us have any power. But it won't stop people from complaining in niche hobbies like this.

It's like having a fetish, think of it like that. If there's only so much Furry Cub-paw foot fetish out there and only so much Furry Cub Fat Inflation-Fart fetish as well and the artists are limited, you can bet both camps are going to find ways to complain about not getting whatever their personal serving.

But in reality, it's neithers decision but the artist, and in this reality our dollars barely count as a vote.

People will complain regardless because they make fapping to cartoons the sole purpose of their life.
>>
File: 1472447207161[1].webm (3MB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
1472447207161[1].webm
3MB, 600x336px
>>
Don't feel bad about it op. This kind of premise is so girl power that it's almost sexist.

>Girls need special powers they didnt even work for to get anything done
>boys don't need no powers, just a sword and ambition.
>>
File: 1472447567547[1].webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1472447567547[1].webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>85915374
>>
>>85914174
Tumblrites get offended by everything and anything, real or fictional.
>>
>>85914712
Who cares about moaning? Screaming is superior and you can accomplish that through torture.
>>
>>85915374
>>boys don't need no powers, just a sword and ambition.
Right, because Superman or Batman or Spider-Man are just "sword plus ambition"...
>>
It seems like this thread should've been on /a/ to begin with.
>>
>>85915549
No doubt. As bad as /a/ can be or get, at least they know more about anime than stuff that aired on Toonami fifteen years ago.
>>
>>85913219
Women simply can't be inspiring. They can't even be interesting.
Waifubait is the only thing they're good at being.
>>
>>85915302
I guess I just like talking about cartoons as they are, and accepting them for what they are, instead of complaining about what they're not. Maybe this makes me uncritical, maybe that makes me a dying breed, I certainly feel like it these days on /co/.

I guess I'm lucky with some of the shows I enjoy that people mainly stick to talking about the stories and the characters, things I actually enjoy discussing, but some I don't even bother trying to talk about for all the, for want of a better word, "tumblr" discussion about wider social and political issues that is just inevitable now. I think a lot of people expect too much from cartoons - They grow up and expect cartoons to grow up with them, and forget that most cartoons are actually for kids. That's the lens I always try to look at them through, I remind myself that they might be simple but they're not really made for me and I shouldn't expect them to be.

Also I totally would.
>>
File: Legs e le paladine - 02 - 001.jpg (386KB, 1246x1646px) Image search: [Google]
Legs e le paladine - 02 - 001.jpg
386KB, 1246x1646px
>a prison lesbian
>a shortpacked punk
>a space alien
>a mum
>a kid
>and a white dude who turns into a black woman

Together they're a magical girl team. They even got their magical boy team counterpart.
>>
>>85915628
wow, you couldn't sound like more of a shitlord if you tried
>>
>>85915684
There really is something for everyone in that image.

Any English translations?
>>
>>85916097
>Any English translations?
Toppest kek.
>>
>>85912956
I watched Maburaho too
>>
>>85905358
>I thought all of the Precures were girly sissy shit
Precure is the most hardcore shit though.
>>
File: 1332787451757.png (424KB, 567x650px) Image search: [Google]
1332787451757.png
424KB, 567x650px
Get gud men
>>
>>85904631
Women are shit.
>>
>>85910025
would we?
>>85904061
I don't mind. ITs like garo but for girls
>>
>>85914712
Doesn't stop people from marrying each other, despite that being even a dumber action.
I will never understand what drives people to waste their lives on just one person where bringing some change to their life is "cheating".

Sounds like hell.
>>
>>85917165
Is it gay if I want to rape the blond guy?
>>
File: nj7qhgRCtG1u8r5j8o1_500.png (144KB, 500x257px) Image search: [Google]
nj7qhgRCtG1u8r5j8o1_500.png
144KB, 500x257px
>>85917329
no, he is the girliest of the bunch
>>
File: 413.jpg (26KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
413.jpg
26KB, 620x348px
>>85917329
he would be willing
>>
File: 1412041224830.png (338KB, 516x418px) Image search: [Google]
1412041224830.png
338KB, 516x418px
>>85904092
>there will never be a qt magic girl to rescue me from my life of loneliness and depression and make me into her sex slave

ftfy
You also had two typos you dumb ass
>>
>>85917165
Series is a riot. Especially on the episodes that are more gay than the usual episodes.
>>
>>85917301
Sounds like you're either really young or old and somehow have no experience or understanding of how relationships work
>>
>>85905739
>madoka is a power fantasy

Apparently I watched it all wrong.
>>
>>85917453
Woah, his mama's got an Audi?
>>
>>85905795
A bit off-topic but was the alicorn status ever explained? I kind of stopped watching the show after Season 5 aired.

How come you ascend to alicorn status, but if you can be born as one, too? Are the natural alicorns more powerful or is it the other way around?
>>
>>85917703
How do they work? People are only interesting for short periods of time. If you spend too much time with them they get boring.
>>
File: 1464990307662.gif (745KB, 375x304px) Image search: [Google]
1464990307662.gif
745KB, 375x304px
>This entire thread
>>
>>85917724
I can see it as a power fantasy gone nightmare, but I can't see it as a straight-up power fantasy.
>>
>>85917329
Common law states that it's not gay so long as
1) balls don't touch
or
2) He wears a ribbon his dick, clearly making it a feminine penis.

No jury in the land, anon, no jury in the land.

>>85917989
Agreed, which I think was the point of the series. That also makes this argument about whether or not enjoying Madoka makes one a cuck all the more irrelevant.
>>
File: you funny mate.jpg (46KB, 428x322px) Image search: [Google]
you funny mate.jpg
46KB, 428x322px
>>85917790
>he thinks people do not change, nore does he figure that intimate relationships too are just relationships in which people carefully stake out with which parts of each other's personality they're okay and which they'd rather not deal with at the present time

...and after some time, after the two of you have gotten used to those limits, you discover that you can actually change them in ways agreeable to both of you.

It's like hiding tenners in books all over your flat and going for a drink together whenever you discover one.
>>
>>85918174
>you can actually change them in ways agreeable to both of you
I don't care for any of that. If you don't understand how hard it is to not get tired of seeing the same lump of flesh over and over, then you'd never understand me. I don't care if something that I clearly lost any interest in changes. All the excitement is gone already.
>>
>>85918407
>brawler
>>
>>85918325
Your problem seems to be that you don't care for people in general. That includes your person as well, most likely.
>>
>>85918407
Personally, I'm one of those people who think that cuck should only refer to cuckold, and that even in it's extended use should be kept with that frame of reference in-mind.

Going back to whatever the main point of this thread was, I don't feel like maho shojo as a genre or an inspiration for a western show necessitates either an emasculating attitude or whatever the fuck cuckness is supposed to be. It just seems tangential to the genre unless the show specifically includes it.
>>
>>85913124
That reminds me, does Crystal have Tuxedo Le Smoking Bomber or is he nerfed there, too.
>>
File: 418455.jpg (2MB, 2800x2078px) Image search: [Google]
418455.jpg
2MB, 2800x2078px
Thoughts on this?
>>
>>85918817
thought: what's wrong with her face
>>
>>85918817
I think the thread just finished talking about Madoka, actually.
>>
>>85918817
Staggeringly overrated and on par with NGE with how vocal its fans are.
>>
>>85918174
Not the anon you're replying to, but no, past a certain point in their lives people don't change anymore. There may be some adjustments in the routine made due to necessity or obligations, but the baseline character of a person solidifies in their adulthood.
>>
File: dick.jpg (31KB, 499x235px) Image search: [Google]
dick.jpg
31KB, 499x235px
>>85914859
>>85917597
Nice to see that some people here have taste
>>
File: 1424761034759.jpg (25KB, 350x517px) Image search: [Google]
1424761034759.jpg
25KB, 350x517px
>>85918407
You sound like a normalfag, and as such you probably don't understand that 4chan is full of socially inept virgin betas product of sheltered lives and full of regrets.

"Cuck" or "beta" or "pussy" - the intent is the same: referring to those anons that deep inside have given up on the prospect of one day becoming halfway functioning as men in real life and so turn to waifuing fictional muscly, spunky girls that would fulfill the role of a man in the (non-existing) relationship in their stead. Exhibit A: >>85904092
>>
>>85918817
I've hated it ever since 4chan told me to.
>>
>>85919180
Not to shitpost, but that in turn sounds like /r9k/'s definition of the average user on 4chan.

I'm talking out of my ass, but I think each board legitimately has a different sort of poster. It's the paradox of finding trends and common behaviors from among a massive group of anonymous individuals though, and it doesn't take into account crossboarders.

Not going to deny that 4chan in general is full of socially inept virgins, but that the nature of their ineptness differs from virgin to awkward virgin.
>>
File: [Justice Intensifies].jpg (60KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
[Justice Intensifies].jpg
60KB, 300x300px
>>85904061
Because magic is for girls and faggots. Real /m/en punch their enemies to death until they explode.
>>
File: 1455639284743.png (1MB, 1275x723px) Image search: [Google]
1455639284743.png
1MB, 1275x723px
>Claymore
>There are only female Claymores
>It turns out there were males and they were stronger but turning into a horrific monster was similar to sexual pleasure
>>
>>85906408
>And I cannot even take you seriously right now. Imagine this. Imagine a show full of weak skimpy Magical Strippers who are fighting fucktoys able to conjure beams and energy blasts, fight their rival with their fists, turn into edgy super forms and be everything Goku and Naruto are but with tits in a battle shonen centered around woman.
You mean Precure, the most popular magical gil series amoung actual little girls in Japan?
>>
>>85918874
>Acting like we wanna read all that arguing
>>
File: kamen_rider_wizard_explosion.jpg (259KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
kamen_rider_wizard_explosion.jpg
259KB, 1440x810px
>>85920241
>Because magic is for girls and faggots
Heard you were talking shit
>>
>>85917035
It's objective fact that men are the worst creatures to plague the earth.
>>
File: index.jpg (14KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
14KB, 261x193px
>>85906116
>>
>>85905630
>needlessly angry and argumentative
How the fuck is that unique to /a/? Or any fucking board?
What website do you think you're on?
4chan is literally different kinds of nerds arguing about anything and everything, only interrupted by discussions of what's jacked off too, and the occasional OC.
If you want to blame someone, blame yourself for being here.
Arguing is fun.
>>
File: 1380249802630.jpg (450KB, 1034x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1380249802630.jpg
450KB, 1034x1650px
>>85920241
>magic if for girls and faggots
oi m8
>>
>>85925273
>arguing is fun

Because everybody enjoys getting mad. I'm not going to deny that /co/ can be just as much an asshole as /a/, but that doesn't mean people are engaging in debate for debate's sake here.
>>
>>85925373
>Constantine
>not a total fucking faggot
>>
>>85925410

>but that doesn't mean people are engaging in
debate for debate's sake here.

Yes they are, there's literally a thread on AT about shit that never actually happens on the show yet it has 20+ posts of people complaining about said shit that never happened. People just want something to bitch about.
>>
>>85904061
Why did you have to use an animu image for this thread. /co/ has magical girls too. You could have made this thread on-topic.
>>
>>85904221
That's why you install a keylogger on your own machine. So you can remember everything you type ever.
>>
>>85904061
mahou shounen exists, but it's typically marketed as fighting more often.
>>
File: 1450548757784.jpg (255KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
1450548757784.jpg
255KB, 500x498px
>>85919180
>tfw fit this profile completely

At least I'm not white, so people don't suspect it.

Feels good to be /lat/
>>
File: marriage.jpg (371KB, 1045x1635px) Image search: [Google]
marriage.jpg
371KB, 1045x1635px
>>85904989
That is demonstrably wrong, and utterly absurd.
>>
>>85904989
But that's not how magical girl shows really are at all.
>>
>>85905848
>Madoka was psuedo-lesbians.
It was unrequited love. At least before the new seasons that pump the fans for cash at the expense of characterization.
>Nahona had two girls make a babby.
Same guy as Madoka. Protag adopted the girl. The yuri stuff is all fanon.
>Sailor Moon the front runner was X
No, it's Japanese. All Japanese shows kids shows have that stuff, because it's never been a big deal in Japan. You can be whatever you like there, as long as you keep up appearances.
>>
File: 1346205092537.gif (838KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1346205092537.gif
838KB, 640x360px
>>85906883
I could literally post gifs and webms of animu girls kissing for hours that aren't even from porn. It takes no balls in Japan. It's cheap and predictable.
>>
>>85905267
That's not even the hard stuff. Watch an adaptation of an otome game some time
>>
>>85905358
They always wear shorts or spats under their skirts to defend their modesty during acrobatics.
>>
>>85904061
I think you want Winx club...

You'll get made fun of for watching it though, even if you're a girl
>>
>>85905397
>>85905961
It's shonen style action, but there's rarely blood. Think 90s DBZ in skirts.
>>
File: tomboy_001_019.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
tomboy_001_019.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>85905392
yo wut up?
>>
>>85904061
>boys action cartoon
>girls are either not on the team of warriors or never shown to be as effective in combat as their male counterpart
>>
>>85918817
HOMURA DID NOTHING WRONG
O
T
H
I
N
G
>>
>>85907945
She's actually the creator's self insert.
>>
File: 1434620810-23(actual 23).bang.png (1MB, 800x1227px) Image search: [Google]
1434620810-23(actual 23).bang.png
1MB, 800x1227px
>>85913812
If it meant having actual magic powers, you bet your ass they would.
>>
>>85913923
She-Hulk has mitigating circumstances because of how Hulk powers work. They respond to your mental state. Bruce Banner hates being a frail, weak doormat who can't express him emotions, and is insane, so he makes a disassociated persona to go with his baseline Hulk form. Jennifer Walters hates being short, shy and plain, so She-Hulk is anything but. But when she goes into fugue, she approaches Bruce's hugeness.
>>
>>85914237
She is younger, fitter and better funded.
>>85914251
>female community
Better dress up in drag, and infiltrate their secret clubhouse.
>>
Wheel of Time
It's like Frodo with a harem of bitches
>>
File: loli-mutie.1406659058785.xmen.png (327KB, 428x489px) Image search: [Google]
loli-mutie.1406659058785.xmen.png
327KB, 428x489px
>>85914483
>Do we really get any female 'beasts' or unattractive female mutants?
Yeah, lots. But like all new characters, they die or wander off so quickly.
>>
>>85918407
Not your blog, faggot.
>>
File: i fucked your waifu.jpg (163KB, 417x765px) Image search: [Google]
i fucked your waifu.jpg
163KB, 417x765px
>>85925469
He'll fuck a lot of different things. But first and foremost, he'll fuck your waifu.
>>
>>85913899
>Garage Garfunkle

Unless you're Paul Simon, Garfukle isn't a bad guy to aspire to.
>>
>>85915462
he's talking about specifically magical girl shows, anon. Jeez, learn how to context clues.
>>
>>85928512
But spats are great especially with tomboys
>>
>>85904061
>no male love interests
>lesbian undertones

No complaints here.
>>
>>85928002
>>85928072
I was talking about western magical girl shows (because this is /co/) and their audience of children. This thread has gone some mental places since then and has talked about everything but western magical girl shows. I wasn't talking about comics, I wasn't talking about anime and I wasn't talking about an adult female audience. Little girls for the most part enjoy being girls.
>>
>>85923567
Tumblr, please go away.
>>
I don't know what the fuck is going on in this thread anymore but I've been watching Utena lately and it's pretty cool. Very surreal so far, I'm not sure what's going on with stuff like End of the World and the Black Rose crew and I hope it'll get a good explanation.

Also tomboys and reverse traps are my fetish so that helps.
>>
>>85917301
>>85917790
>>85918325
A good marriage is an alliance, wherein you can always trust the other person. Whether or not they become "boring" is irrelevant, especially when you reach the point in your life in which you realise that you, yourself, are "boring", and that you relish it. They're supposed to be someone you can always rely upon, and their personality not changing in a significant way is thus something very preferable. Many people have lost perspective on marriage's nature as an alliance that requires sacrifice and temperance, and so divorces and dysfunction are increasingly common.

If you never reach the point in human life in which you prefer stability, harmony, and trust, then you'll never be able to make a marriage work, or understand why a good marriage is desirable.
>>
>>85919001
>Not the anon you're replying to, but no, past a certain point in their lives people don't change anymore.
Their relationships and the ways they interact still do. And in that process, various parts of their personalities are brought to the foreground while others take backseat.
>>
>>85919180
Everyone (including the women) should be homosexual men, and the masculine-feminine, provider-servant dichotomy shouldn't exist. Everyone should be strong, self-sufficient, essentially equal, as idealised by the Classical philosophers.
>>
>>85933509
You criticised others for being incapable of change, but you will never evolve emotionally and in personality beyond what you are now, if you are this incapable of empathy and understanding. You will always be stagnant.
>>
>>85933543
Difference is, I don't get tired of myself.
>>
>>85933557
You are a person that has stated he becomes quickly tired of all other people, and presumably of many things. You are not immune to tiring of yourself -- the question is whether you die before that happens.

And you are boring. You're incredibly boring. You're like a living caricature, a figure from a cartoon.
>>
Maybe we're just better at it.
>>
>>85933509
>"I will never be boring."
>literally a cliche 15 year old
Nice role play, kiddo.
>>
>>85925469
John would turn you into a faggot just to prove he could.
>>
>>85915351
Rick Sanchez?
>>
File: you.jpg (117KB, 500x510px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
117KB, 500x510px
>>85933509
Kek, you're perhaps the biggest fag I've ever met in my life. You're like a walking, talking embodiment of a 12 year old mindset. Unless you actually are 12, I have to assume you're overweight and love to tip your fedora at the ladies. An obstacle for yourself and everyone around you either way.
>>
File: Lord_of_Mankind.jpg (272KB, 734x950px) Image search: [Google]
Lord_of_Mankind.jpg
272KB, 734x950px
>>85904061
>Magical girls
>Not wanting to be a magical MAN
>>
>>85917753 we dont exactly know yet.

Here's a weird theory I have. In the beginning, alicorns were pretty much similar to tyrant like figures of high power. By linking magic to something gay like friendship and harmony, and the elements of harmony existence as well, they managed to put some sort of balance against them in case shit ever hit the fan.

But we can't talk about this stuff here.
>>
>>85917753
>How come you ascend to alicorn status, but if you can be born as one, too?
Technically you can't ascend to alicorn status. Twilight used the elements to teleport herself into Celestia's magical plane. There Celestia granded her ascension.

So the trick behind Twilight's ascension was to get non-alicorn into a realm which only alicorns can access.
>>
File: seuasdf.jpg (56KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
seuasdf.jpg
56KB, 1024x768px
>boys magic show
>women are trash tier
>>
File: jp.022.jpg (189KB, 500x1576px) Image search: [Google]
jp.022.jpg
189KB, 500x1576px
>>85932509
Actually, there are nearly always both.
>>
>>85904061
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ5ziNOtoMU

You can not tell me you would not watch a full 26 episode series of this.
>>
>>85904061

The reason is very simple.

It's a show for girls. If a guy had magic, what's the point of magical girls? A guy would be fucking punching and kicking monsters like Kamen Rider. (Even the Precure girls are really feminine when they fight.)

Remember how there was only one guy in Sailor Moon? Tuxedo Mask? He did jack shit, but he was DROWNING in pussy.

How long do you think a series would survive if the solution to every problem was "Ami, get your boyfriend down here, he'll Rider Kick it in half."
>>
>>85934704
>How long do you think a series would survive if the solution to every problem was "Ami, get your boyfriend down here, he'll Rider Kick it in half."

I'd watch it.
>>
>>85934768

Me too, but I'm saying that it wouldn't really be a magical girl series. It would fundamentally be a show about male characters, because the guy would just dominate the plot. If you had men and women who were equally talented, the guy would still appear to be the fighter.

The only solution would be to make the men really weak magically, and then what would be the point? You have to understand that these shows are for girls, and women have a different view of things than men do. If we saw a guy basically being emasculated (for instance, this is why there are no magical girl shows from the perspective of the boyfriend, but countless superhero shows from the perspective of the girlfriend) you'd turn off the viewers.

It's like if there were magical guys in Madoka. The show would've had a lot more angst and a lot more face-punching. This isn't saying that Madoka is a bad show or that I disliked it, but the aesthetic is completely different when men are involved. Would Sayaka really be so upset about being inhuman if she could fuck a boy who completely understood her situation? Similarly, Mami wouldn't be so isolated if she, you know, had a boyfriend.
>>
>>85913812
You can doubt it but it's true.
>>
>>85933188
>Also tomboys and reverse traps are my fetish
Muh nigga. One of my favorite archetypes in anime and manga
>>
>>85913812

Technically, the classic suit for magical boys is a tuxedo. Either that, or Kamen Rider armor. Sometimes it's knight armor. They never get the dress, unless it's that one gay show.
>>
>>85934806
Are your going to keep repeating this same line over and over in dozens of posts from now on?
>>
>>85934704
But Cardcaptor Sakura is for girls but i still like it and is my favorite Mahou Shoujo anime
>>
>>85934872

That IS the problem.

>>85934898

Yeah, because it's a show about a female heroine. When the show came to the West, they butchered it and tried to make it about the Chinese boy instead.
>>
>>85934906
>2+ wrong opinions about <subject> in one sentence, in this case anime. repeat same over 1+ paragraphs
>respond to replies with one of 'wat are you talking about', 'not wat i'm talking about', 'ur a fagit', then repeat wrong opinions.
>gender fender bender render '''''''/pol/ock''''''
Were you b& again?
>>
>>85934819

where are the proofs ?
>>
File: 1453094101706.jpg (43KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
1453094101706.jpg
43KB, 580x435px
>>85904061
>wanting magical boys
maybe I do want magic shotas [/spoilers]
>>
>>85914666
>Do you go to bed at night thinking of tumblr as this otherly dimension that's out to get you?
Expert in otherly dimensions, Satan?

>>85914863
>In trollz there was a rule that men couldn't use magic.
If I remember correctly, because ONE male troll wrecked major shit in the past.
>>
>>85905018
But they don't want to look like a bitch doing it
>>
>>85934097
>>85933818
>jealous cucks
>>85933698
Not really. Definitely not more boring than any woman. Those things have absolutely no value beyond reproductive function.
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.