[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any good action nicktoons or were they all humor? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: nicktoons-index.jpg (230KB, 1156x771px) Image search: [Google]
nicktoons-index.jpg
230KB, 1156x771px
Are there any good action nicktoons or were they all humor? I'm looking for the nicktoons equivalent of something like Powerpuff Girls or Ben 10.
>>
>>85888220
>nigg
>good
>>
>>85888220
I'm not fond of ATLA but that's an obvious one. Then you have Danny Phantom and some people probably like My Life as a Teenage Robot for reasons other than wanting to fuck Jenny, don't quote me on that though.
>>
Just Avatar
>>
Would TMNT 2012 count as a Nicktoon?
>>
>>85888220
I think nick had a specific agenda against violence, even "cartoon violence"
>>
>>85888220
'toon' should have been your first hint
>>
>>85888384

it wouldn't count as good
>>
File: Toon_link_bow.png (2MB, 1600x1286px) Image search: [Google]
Toon_link_bow.png
2MB, 1600x1286px
>>85889812

Toon Link begs to differ.
>>
File: ToonLinkReady.jpg (73KB, 900x800px) Image search: [Google]
ToonLinkReady.jpg
73KB, 900x800px
>>85889787
Toon Link begs to differ.

>>85890480
Oops, Toon Link pic wasn't meant for you.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (1MB, 1024x676px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
1MB, 1024x676px
>>85888220
Besides Avatar this is pretty much he only other one.
>>
>>85888220
My Life as a Teenage Robot
El Tigre
Invader ZIM

thats it for the good ones
>>
Avatar was kinda the first one. Kinda. Mysterious Cities of gold, aside from being an anime was aired in the late 80s and early 90s before the nicktoons label came around, and that show was pure adventure. aside from live action shows that were sorta actiony, Nickelodeon strictly went with comedy for more than a damn decade until A:TLA first aired. They never got into action toons apart from Danny Phantom, which... Wait a sec, did Danny Phantom come first? Hell I'm too lazy to look that up but between cities of gold and DP and ATLA, they didn't have much.
>>
>>85890656
>El Tigre
>good

If you want action cartoons it's best to stick to CN and Disney OP. The couple Nick had are not really anything to write home about, unless you're a girl in which case DP has shipping for you.
>>
>>85891880

Whats the best one from disney xd besides stuff like marvel?
>>
>>85892691
A lot of people really like Motorcity but I haven't seen that one yet. I was talking more about older Disney shows like Gargoyles, Darkwing Duck, Kim Possible, Fillmore!, etc.
>>
>>85892748
>>85892691

32 Years of Disney TV Animation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZTT_2oZrz4
>>
>>85892691
Randy Cunningham was pretty great
>>
>>85892748
I'm going to tell you a secret about Nick: they had a really, really shitty budget to work with until the very late 90s. The Nicktoons ate up nearly all of the channel's programming budget, which is why all of the gameshows and live-action look like they were made with whatever money they could find in the sofa. A Nicktoon flopping in the 90s would have been a disaster for the channel as a whole.

That's why Nick played it safe with their formula until the 2000s. They didn't want to risk branching out into different genres.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.