[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/doag/: Tonight's strip. Is shit actually going to go down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 276
Thread images: 45

File: 1472443387214.png (409KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
1472443387214.png
409KB, 1000x333px
/doag/: Tonight's strip.

Is shit actually going to go down for once or is Willis going to cheap out again?
>>
Dammit, I was gonna make a thread.
Oh well. Maybe tomorrow.

I'm going to bet that Amber's just gonna puss out and run away just before things actually get good.

>A stranger comes to town, touches nobody's lives, and leaves.
>>
>>85875565
hang on, isn't Leslie at that rally too?
>>
>>85875565

I just wonder what does it take to follow such a terrible all over the place story.

I've been working on my shit, trying to create like a good flow of stories before I start publishing, trying to create different characters so I can tell different stories and try my best to have everything make sense.

This shit feels just so disjointed, like is just about random moments with people just feeling like shit for meaningless stuff!

Most of the characters are either fucking pissed at somebody else or crying or making those random reference in the last panel, like what the fuck is this shit???
>>
Try finger banging!
>>
>>85875739

I remember a video describing how Dobson turned into a turd artist, is there something like a video, article, pics or something in which we get to know Willys from zero to social justice weiner?

I used to like Shortpacked, I don't know where things went so wrong!
>>
>>85875739
It's how Willis writes. He doesn't follow normal conventions for storytelling, like switching scenes after a plot point concludes so as not to jar the audience. Instead, he'll switch scenes during the middle of fucking conversations if he has to.

He also thinks that avoiding becoming "Funky Winkerbean" means being sure to include a punchline at every opportunity.
>>
File: tumblr_ocnhbdbA3i1sm8ur3o1_1280.png (146KB, 500x833px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocnhbdbA3i1sm8ur3o1_1280.png
146KB, 500x833px
Looks like by mid-November Ruth's gonna give her hoodie to Billie.
>>
>>85875565
Last I saw they were still dealing with the fallout from the RA's suicide pact. What's going on here?
>>
File: 1464323417428.jpg (97KB, 520x600px) Image search: [Google]
1464323417428.jpg
97KB, 520x600px
>>85875621
>Dammit, I was gonna make a thread.
>People actually race to make these threads
>>
>>85875845
Calling it. Billie becomes the new RA and the jacket is passed on like some kind of torch.
>>
>>85875850
Roz's sister Robin is holding some kind of a midnight rally for her re-election campaign. Leslie Bean is in attendance because she wants to bone Robin; Roz is in attendance because Leslie wanted her to help sabotage her campaign, I think. I dunno. Anyways, Marcie is there because she's on security, and Sal's just hanging out with her. Now Sal is confronting Amber, who is dressed up as Amazi-Girl now, for essentially stalking her all day.

>>85875894
I assumed that Patreanon wasn't making one on his own and was waiting for somebody else.
>>
Big surprise.
>>
>>85875972
Oh my fucking god.

The guy from the last thread was right.
>>
>>85875972
Oh look, the implication is that she's scary and black to these people! Some of whom are also black...
>>
>>85875972
so much better I don't know all the little details, it just looks like Willis just decided to drop a guy with a worm on his face
>>
>>85875949
Thank you
>>
>>85875972

Oh it's glassface.

Also Republicans are raysiss, of course. Subtle as always.
>>
>>85875972
That's a horrible-looking scar.

Also, this feels so contrived. Maybe it's the panel size, or how I just can't really give two shits right now.

Or maybe it's because how it took an in-universe month for this guy to reappear. Seriously, it's a goddamn college campus; there's no way you can just disappear without somebody noticing.

>>85876001
I thought he said that one of the guys in >>85875565 looked like Ryan, but with a tan.
>>
>>85875565
>>85875972
Why do they only have one large nostril? It's kinda weird.
>>
>>85876048
No, the fact that onlookers would turn on Sal because she's "black" and "scary"

And I think someone perdicted Rapist Ryan being there too.
>>
>>85876060
I can't unsee the noses in this comic as giant Goofy Movie style dog noses.
>>
>>85876089

>Republicans are raysiss AND rapists

Willis is a bitch-ass nigger
>>
>>85876010
>>85875972

Wow, I just felt myself get dumber with this strip. We got the #BlackLivesMatter metaphor, we've got the heaping helping of Amber Issues, and the return of Joyce's Rapist. Next strip will probably cue up a chase as, not able to deliver her vengeance on Sal,will settle on throttling the dude.
>>
>>85876089
Ah, my bad.
Though the fact that there are actual blacks in the crowd either means that Willis can't keep his analogy consistent or Sal is projecting her inadequacies upon conservatives now and not just her parents.

And like I said, somebody said that it looked like a reskin of Ryan.

I still submit that Willis can't even draw a decent looking scar. Hell, it just looks like it was drawn on last-minute; it doesn't even follow the logical curvature of his face.
>>
>>85875972
willis you couldve at least made the whole crowd white if you wanted to sell this

also, okay, gashface is conveniently there. except that if ambers rational enough right now to go after him instead of taking the opportunity to beat the shit out of her "nemesis" with no consequences, then whats the point of her mental breakdown
>>
>>85875972
WOW. I SURE AM GLAD THAT WILLIS DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO FUCKING TRY TO MAKE THAT SCAR NOT LOOK LIKE THE WORST THING EVER.
That last panel actually makes me upset. It's so fucking awful and awkward looking.
>>
>>85876089
predicting ryan being there is basically a coincidence. its not the same guy they pointed out in the last strip
>>
>>85876186
It's only been a month, he got glassed with a broken whiskey glass not surgically cut with a scalpel.

Also oh my god I just realized that Willis has never been to a college party. No fucking party gives out anything but plastic cups.
>>
>>85876168
Trump has a number of Good Ones who support his cause and make it look like he's reaching a diverse crowd.
>>
>>85876241

>Willis has never been to a college party

Well, yeah, you think Willy was anything other than a socially retarded shut-in?
>>
>>85875972
>that final panel
is someone throwing streamers and one landed on that man's face? is that an earthworm?
>>
>>85875972

You know what this means!

New Sliphshine!
>>
So can Patreanon go and fucking comment that Sal doesn't look black already?
>>
File: 6-17.png (264KB, 1111x333px) Image search: [Google]
6-17.png
264KB, 1111x333px
Wowwie, things sure are going sour!

Lets see how things are going in an alternate universe.
>>
>>85876244
sure, but the black guy in the crowd isnt gonna be the one shouting "kick her ass!"
>>
File: 6-18.png (431KB, 1111x666px) Image search: [Google]
6-18.png
431KB, 1111x666px
>>85876306
Also this.

I feel that when characters are introduced you should know a little bit about their personality.
>>
>>85875972
In a shocking twist, what if Ryan got bludgeoned so hard he actually doesn't remember trying to rape Joyce?
>>
Real talk: do these two make out at some point?
>>
>>85876352
See, that would actually be interesting.
But this is Willis, so the most we're going to get is that the night was a blur, but he DEFINITELY totally wanted to get into Joyce's pants.
>>
>>85876306
>>85876336
I do like titties.
>>
>>85876352
Naw, Willis is going to make him a mustache twirling saturday morning cartoon retard villain who will get the shit beaten out of him.
>>
>>85876352
I wish this could be true. Like, the bat to the head and the glassing and everything gave him brain damage and he's now mentally disabled. I want Willis to have to actually try to write that and get laughed at. But this is Willis, he is incapable of writing interesting stuff above anything but popcorn drama. So he wont even try. I bet you Amber's just gonna go after that guy instead of Sal or have an epiphany about how she's respecting the public, but this guy was never caught and is still walking around, so what good is she doing? It'll probably shoehorn in race in some way, probably. Fucking Willis.
>>
>>85875565

Does Willis really think that's how self defense works?

>You attacked me because I was stalking you in a mask and I have a history of attacking you before.
>>
>>85876352
>>85876385
The rape was shown on-panel?

What was Joyce doing at a college party anyway?
>>
>>85876491
>>85876493
I can also see Willis playing to both parties and pissing everybody off by portraying Ryan as being affected by the bludgeoning, then revealing at some point that Ryan is perfectly healthy save for the scar.

>>85876519
It was an attempted rape; Ryan had roofied Joyce.
She was at the party because Billie and Dorothy brought her along.
>>
>>85875972
Why does she care so much about people thinking Sal did something specifically wrong right now? She is already completely convinced Sal is a lifelong nemesis to her. She has black-outs and panic attacks when she sees Sal just chilling, but oh no people are profiling her so she snaps out of it? Dumb.

>Marcie! We heard your alert.
Still retarded that she didn't send any sort of code detailing the situation in any way.

I dunno about the Ryan reappearance, I honestly didn't think he would ever come back. Cool subtle move having the rapist appear in full support at the right-leaning political rally, Willis is a smooth operator dipshit.
>>
>>85875972
>Marcie! We heard your alert. What's... oh... Amazi-Girl
Fucking seriously?

This is supposed to be like a political rally or some shit, right? You've got a political candidate coming to speak or whatever. Where the fuck is the goddamn secret service? Why didn't they tackle the fucking psycho bitch in the cape and mask the moment she entered the building? Why the fuck is the event being staffed by security who call off an alert because of a masked college campus vigilante??

Why is Willis such a fucking dumbshit?
>>
>>85876519
She got roofied, the guy then tried to convince her to go back to his room, but someone glassed him in the face instead and then he got beaten in the head with a baseball bat for like 3 pages.
>>
>>85876558
>secret service
shes just a senator, man
>>
>>85876548
Because the plot demands it. If Amber didn't suddenly feel guilty she wouldn't have turned around and spotted Ryan.
>>
>>85876611
And thanks to her noticing Rapin' Ryan, she'll just go after him and the Sal conflict will get dragged out even longer.
>>
>>85876711
Well of course it will, in fourteen years when it's just the start of Christmas break, Sal and Amber can finally have their big snowball fight of revenge.
>>
>>85876584
Any senator is still going to travel with loads of private security.
>>
>>85876793
Naw, Amber will chicken out then go beat up a white dude, drawing it out for another millennium.
>>
>>85876711
actually if she does go after ryan here, its already a big step towards ending things with sal. shes been obsessed with her for a while, so actively choosing not to fight her this time will make it far more likely for them to actually TALK next time
>>
>>85876810
Only the ones with an unwarranted sense of importance. What would be present is a decent number of police, since it's a public gathering in the middle of the night.

>>85876711
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Amber ever actually get a look at Ryan?
>>
>>85875972
Sometimes I feel like we're the only ones who have followed this long enough to know the implications of this. How many years ago did she let him escape?

Also what the fuck is that first panel.
>we came as soon as we could! but we're not going to do shit.
It's completely irrelevant, especially in a strip that puts in racism against one character, guilt of another character, and the return of a rapist all in the remainder of the stip.
>>
>>85876575
>She got roofied, the guy then tried to convince her to go back to his room, but someone glassed him in the face instead and then he got beaten in the head with a baseball bat for like 3 pages.

Sounds...interesting. Anyone got the pics?
>>
>>85876945
>Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Amber ever actually get a look at Ryan?

I actually don't think she did, but I'm gonna wager a guess she'll know exactly who he is and what he did just because Willis is a goddamn hack and needs her to.
>>
File: 1414737596569.png (236KB, 449x499px) Image search: [Google]
1414737596569.png
236KB, 449x499px
>>85875972
To save Amazi-Girl from fucking up we get Joyce's almost rapist? Man fuck you, Willis. At least the guy will get caught, hopefully.
>>
>>85877093
I went and checked all the strips tagged with Ryan, she's in the background of two of them but is beating up other people. She either she shouldn't know who Ryan is or all she has to go on is a description of him.

Also it's taken Willis almost five years to resolve the Ryan plot.
>>
>>85877267
>Also it's taken Willis almost five years to resolve the Ryan plot.

And I'm honestly worried Willis is going to have him get away or something so he can milk it even longer.

This comic has gotten to lows I didn't even think were possible and still keeps getting worse, so I can't expect anything but disappointment anymore.
>>
>>85877308
Honestly if Willis had just left the plot unresolved in a "sometimes bad things happen and you don't get closure" kind of way it would work. As is, having have your unstable vigilante instantly pick him out of a crowd despite never seeing him before just feels cheap. It's also weird that he's using Ryan to resolve Amber's internal issues instead of having anything to do with Joyce.
>>
>>85875972
This dialogue is not in any way believeable.
>>
>>85876109

If you cover up her actual mouth, it makes her nose look like a gaping, toothless mouth.
>>
>>85875972
>Does Marcie have handlers? She's not retarded so...why does she have people that appear at the press of a button

>Amazi-Gurl sucks and will continue to.

>ScarBro is back.

Fucking how long did this take? It's been what? 2 weeks in real time? And what's she gonna do? Press charges on an event that happened 2 weeks ago that wasn't filed with the police?
>>
So I'm looking at the comments section for Patreon and a lot of them agree that everybody is racist because Sal is black.

But she's not. She's a quarter black and three/fourth's white, that makes her majority-wise, white.
>>
>>85877612
>Does Marcie have handlers? She's not retarded so...why does she have people that appear at the press of a button
are you stupid? theyre security.

>And what's she gonna do?
what she always does, beat the shit out of him.
its not exactly effective, but its what she does
>>
File: 1472531716037.jpg (115KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1472531716037.jpg
115KB, 1280x800px
>>85877558
>>
>>85877643
She's lighter than or equally dark to several people in the crowd.
>>
>>85877539
None of this is believable. The rapist got glassed, a baseball bat upside the head multiple times, as well as a good stomping, around two to three weeks ago. He should be in and out of the fucking hospital at best. In the real world, he'd either be in a coma or dead. This is the dumbest thing since the Toedad highway chase.
>>
>>85877825
Four weeks actually. Fun fact: Joyce's almost rape occurred less than a week into the school year.
>>
>>85876575
>>85877034
>>85876519
Because this is my favorite DoA strip, I'm more than happy to share it.

Here's the start:
http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/smash/

http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/bat/

http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/oldtestament/

Everyone stops paying attention to him. They notice he's gone:
http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/caped/
>>
>>85875972
Man, I love being right.

>>85850342
>Looks like someone enjoys a sense of power only when the other person doesn't give it to her.

>Amber likes the *idea* of revenge, but not so much when it's offered to her.
>>
>>85877911
The timescale for this comic is fucked.
>>
>>85878367
With the size of the cast it shouldn't be as messed up as it is. He's got something like thirteen primary cast members, he should farm out plots more evenly.
>>
>>85878493
Willis once said that he can dish out College drama really easily, it's why DoA is his goose egg or whatever.

But really I think it's harder for him than he lets on, because good god this comic should be at least a fucking year into it already.
>>
>>85878595
The problem is that Joyce is the focal character so most everything revolves around her. Give Roz the attempted rape. She could easily support that plotline.
>>
Comic bad
>>
>>85875972

So is someone going to change the scar to Loss or what?
>>
>>85878739
Shit, that would actually be really interesting. How would she reconcile the trauma of sexual assault with her habit of banging who she wants, when she wants, just because she likes it? Like, a few days after her attacked, she's halfway into getting hot and heavy with some rando, but as soon as he touches her under her shirt she just freezes with fear, and it turns into this whole thing where the assault has actually totally destroyed her ability to be physically intimate with another person in any circumstance.

Fuck, I gotta write this shit down somewhere.
>>
>>85879047
Too noticeable, the best Loss edits are subtle. Maybe change the scar to evoke a dick ala Mary.
>>
>>85879048
Beyond that you could easily have it fuck with her sex-positive mentality due to increasing paranoia. Her lashing out at Joyce could also be linked, have her displacing anger and self-recrimination. It'd certainly make "attempted rapist at the political rally" a far more interesting plot if the victim was actually present.
>>
>>85875824
Willis would improve by a good percentage if he ditched the once-a-day newspaper strip format and did full comic book pages instead.
>>
>>85878739
Roz would never take a roofied drink, and she'd probably tase and/or pepper spray the shit out of anyone who tried to assault her physically. Then she'd go on fucking.
>>
File: Dawwwwww.png (313KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
Dawwwwww.png
313KB, 1000x333px
Let's have this month's cute bonus strip chill our moods.
>>
>>85875972
>black person is the one calling for the violence to commence
bravo willis
>>
>>85876505
>stalk person
>they strike first to defend themselves
>you are now legally allowed to kill them

worked for Zimmerman
>>
>>85879695
Man, what kind of awful second puberty gave Carol her present giant chin?
Also Hank a cute.
>>
>>85879778
Hank's been redeemed in the fans eyes so Willis can keep showing us cute stuff.
>>
File: scarry.png (50KB, 251x119px) Image search: [Google]
scarry.png
50KB, 251x119px
How do we fix worm-face?
>>
File: RichardScarry.png (75KB, 300x142px) Image search: [Google]
RichardScarry.png
75KB, 300x142px
>>85879927
Also I noticed that there's a chunk out of the highlight on the lower left edge of his face where Willis hastily had to do the scar. (Or maybe it clashed, it still looks weird)
>>
File: reo.png (58KB, 251x144px) Image search: [Google]
reo.png
58KB, 251x144px
>>85879927
I just realized what that scar shape reminded me of.
>>
File: scarry.png (50KB, 251x119px) Image search: [Google]
scarry.png
50KB, 251x119px
>>85880036
No, I accidentally added that when I was fucking around trying to recolor the scar.
>>
>>85880085
Oops, my b. Well, now that you mention it, the scar does look better without the heavy outline, so good job there.
>>
File: reoreverse.png (59KB, 251x144px) Image search: [Google]
reoreverse.png
59KB, 251x144px
>>85880059
Wait fuck reverse that
The horizontal flip definitely does not do this art any favors.
>>
>it's an "Amber acts like a dipshit to make Sal look better" episode
>>
>>85876060

It's justa hamhanded attempt at shading under the nose. They presumably have two. It's just that WIllis cant draw for shit
>>
File: Enough with theniggers.jpg (225KB, 770x750px) Image search: [Google]
Enough with theniggers.jpg
225KB, 770x750px
>>85876119
>>
File: zoro.png (42KB, 251x119px) Image search: [Google]
zoro.png
42KB, 251x119px
>>85880059
Fuck, I can't stare at this fucking dog nose anymore
>>
>>85876282

It's a scar, you rube.

A badly drawn scar

Should be fairly obvious
>>
>>85879867
>Hank's been redeemed in the fans
Why was he condemned before? For being a white Christian cisgender father?
>>
File: Gold Star.png (52KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
Gold Star.png
52KB, 228x221px
>>85879754

Way to let the media tell you what to think
>>
>>85880175
Jesus, why does that look so much worse? It's just flipped, but all of the faces look... Off.
>>
>>85880647
Willis draws everything leaning towards his favored hand. Its a common mistake most new artist do when they are just starting out in lessons. He eve knows this back in shortpacked because he tried drawing Amber facing the left to show how shit it looks.

I don't know how you can see you have a major and simple problem with your art or job and just...never fix it
>>
>>85880462
He didn't like Joyce being friends with Dorothy, on account of Dorothy being an atheist. He wasn't even an asshole about it, just a bit passive-aggressive.
>>
>>85876001
>>85876048
>>85876089
That was me, I said a guy in the crowd looked like a more tan Rapist Ryan and was wondering if willis was going to add him into the mix

The Real Rapist Ryan actually being there is just one hell of a coincidence, not gonna lie
>>
>>85875739
doesnt help that all the characters look the same so you dont knw who talking to who or what the fuck is going on, I mean I've been reading this for weeks and all I can take away is that they're people who are in college but never seem to be in class, someone tried to kill themselves although it's hard to pinpoint who or when, and now superheros.
>>
>>85883343
For the most part, the past few months have all taken place over one weekend.

Still, the number of strips where they're actually in class are far outnumbered by strips outside of class. And I don't even think that when it IS a school day that Willis focuses on classroom work.
>>
>>85883805
That's something I'm disappointed in, like when this comic first started it was slightly eye-rolling when he only showed the Gender Studies class, but with characters like Joe and Walky it at least made for interesting/fun debates.

He just doesn't care that he's making a college webcomic anymore.
>>
>>85883805
Keep in mind most of willis' College Experience consisted of shuttering himself in his dorm room. It explains why this college effectively functions like a 80's summer camp.
>>
>>85884953
Didn't he go to an 80's summer camp? I know it was a Christian one, but summer camps are usually fun.
>>
>>85879778
>awful second puberty
it's called menopause and it frequently makes women look more manly.
>>
>>85884732
>He just doesn't care that he's making a college webcomic anymore.
Pretty much. It's more and more about drama now.

>>85884953
But 80s summer camps were fun. This is just dreck.
80s summer camps were coming-of-age stories involving the loss of innocence but without anybody crying about it. DoA is the loss of logical stability and everybody moans when their penis is merely touched.
>>
>>85879695
>Willis forgot people in the 80's or 90's dressed and styled their hair differently
>>
>>85879754
This is the same argument Willis and his fans used when Carla psychologically tormented Mary and it was totally Mary's fault for getting upset and grabbing the box.
>>
>>85885606
>Carla
I still can't believe Willis has made the most privileged individual into a victim.
>>
>>85876307
Black people love seeing eachother get beat
>>
>>85875972
All this needed was Ryan. The racist stuff is really out of left field. I know this claim is made a lot, but it feels reactionary to how some people have conflated Amber's specific personal vendetta with generic profiling. But he's been very careful to not have Sal call it out that way, and if anyone would it's her. It's pretty clear it's a personal thing, but people have complained about how it looks from any perspective that is not Amber's.

It seems like just unnecessary "ew aren't republicans gross" and "ignore Amber's shitty actions, she's not willing to be associated with racists, so she's good."

Or maybe Willis is going to end the whole storyline with Amber admitting that she fixated on Sal not her Dad because of race and I'll bash my brains in.
>>
>>85885386
Speaking as a fraternity guy, we see a LOT of photos of guys in sweaters as far back as '82. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I don't think the character design is a miss as much as the dialogue.
>>
>>85875972
So

What's going on here?

Who's scarface?
>>
>>85880940
I think Hank is a well-meaning, well-adjusted Christian who managed to raise his children a little far of the mark. I don't mean the transgendered kid or the "rebel," I mean the mega-pastor who's a bit of a tit about how much trauma Joyce just went through.
>>
>>85876005
>Some of whom are also black...
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/08/18/wsjs_jason_riley_black_men_are_afraid_of_being_shot_by_other_black_men_not_by_cops.html#!
:)
>>
File: WS.png (440KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
WS.png
440KB, 1000x333px
>>85876307
>>85885886
>>
>>85886380
Amber wants revenge on Sal because of something that happened years ago. Sal doesn't recognize Amber, but Amber recognizes her. Sal tried to rob a store, grabbed Amber's best friend, Amber's dad goaded her into doing something, and Amber stabbed Sal in the hand.

Amber has been stalking Sal, and now it's gone public.

Scarface is Ryan, who tried to rape Joyce at a party.

http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/smash/

http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/bat/

http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/oldtestament/
>>
>>85886722

Queued,

t. tumblr anon
>>
File: This Nigga.png (33KB, 1190x130px) Image search: [Google]
This Nigga.png
33KB, 1190x130px
>>85886335
Some of the comments in the Patreon start off making sense, like with how people are rooting for Amber because they only ever hear of her beating up bad people, but then they end up with shit like pic related.
>>
>>85887519

>so if they murder someone they must have done something to deserve it

I'm not up to snuff on current events, but haven't all the "poor innocent black people" that have gotten shot whom the nation blew up over been, at the very least, criminally active?
>>
>>85876048
>That's a horrible-looking scar.
I honestly thought that was spaghetti on his face.
>>
>>85887594
> criminally active?
Yes they were indeed black.
>>
>>85887975

Not *exactly* what I meant but...
>>
>>85887594
Everything I've seen involved people who wouldn't drop their fucking weapons when told to or were trying to run.

There was that guy who got shot while lying on the ground with his hands in plain sight because there was some autist he was supposed to be handling and he didn't want the police to shoot that guy, and the police ended up shooting the guy anyways.
>>
>>85887594
The only genuine case of a dindu actually not having done anything was a guy who got shot in his car when pulling out his wallet. However, it didn't help that he did this as he told the officer that he had a gun (for which he had a permit).

Other than that, the rest of the dindus are dindus.
>>
File: 1465747089313.jpg (19KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1465747089313.jpg
19KB, 200x200px
>>85875972
Pfft! What's up with Wormface?

20 years of comic drawing experience everyone.
>>
>>85888010
But that's the result. There are many police departments that are totally fucked either by hiring bullies, being mandated to fuck people over rather than contributing to the peace, and sometimes just being straight KKK in blue.

You can blame any sort of thing. Lack of funding, lack of education, lack of oversight etc. etc. Ultimately it boils down to the public CHOOSING the police force they have.
>>
>>85888192
It's supposed to be a scar.

It doesn't look a goddamn thing like a scar.
>>
>>85887519
Because the vocal criticism for cops killing unarmed black men has been zero and condoned by all republicans.
>>
>>85888192
>>85888473
The black border around the scar, as well as the fact that it doesn't even LOOK like what a scar should look like, is what really kills it.
>>
I know I'm late as shit to this party, but those joyce and walky strips were pretty cute.

DoA was honestly my first experience with this guy and I found it back in high school.
>>
>>85888758
>DoA has lasted six years
>tfw a college freshman could have begun reading the comic when it began
>tfw that same freshman could have graduated and spent two years in graduate school in the same time it took DoA to get through one month of time
>>
>>85888192
It actually makes me upset. He's been drawing comics as long as, if not longer than i've been alive. How could he POSSIBLY continue to be this inept at art. It's simply bad and jarring in ever sense of the word. The awful blank expression, The fact that the scar doesn't follow the curvature of his face at all. The fact that he is surrounded buy much more expressive characters, his fucking stupid disconnected giant puppy nose. As an artist that panel disgusts me.
>>
>>85888794
You could go through medical school before the first 2 months in-universe.
>>
>>85887975
>>85887594
Technically "smoked the marijuana" is criminally active, and thus enough to put a person on the shit list.
>>
>>85879695
>let's start over

Yeah okay see that shit never works.
>>
>>85887519
This is clearly what Willis and his followers believe and what he's going for though. Amber is so 'intrinsically good' / aware that she is disgusted by that idea and it snaps her out of her 4 year long grudge.

The moment is to make people get back on board with her side, despite her still being an abusive shit.
>>
>>85890085
>4 year long grudge.

More like 3 weeks grudge or something, rember that in world they are just starting college like a month in
>>
>>85888794
>literally me
>>
>>85890180
Naw man, the stuff with Sal and the convenience store was sometime in their teens.
>>
>>85888794
It started when I was a sophomore in college in 2010, and I started reading within the first week. I finished grad school last May.
>>
File: i can't do no better.png (105KB, 428x446px) Image search: [Google]
i can't do no better.png
105KB, 428x446px
>>85890603
Yeah, she held on to that for a while. Ethan was the one held at knifepoint and even he seems fine.
also if anyone is interested in more smut or strips lemme kno
>>
>>85890824
>more smut
Ethan/Danny/Sal threeway
>>
>>85888154
The Crawford, Ford, Gurley, Scott, Gray, Bland, and DuBose cases all featured questionable or negligent behavior by police.
>>
>>85890824
Amazi-Girl/Sal BDSM.
Sarah drunkenly and awkwardly hitting on Mike.
Becky teaching Dina how to eat pussy.
Robin and Leslie as Sexy Lady Liberty and Sexy Uncle Sam, respectively.
>>
File: 1458904746851.png (534KB, 975x667px) Image search: [Google]
1458904746851.png
534KB, 975x667px
>>85890824
>Ethan was the one held at knifepoint and even he seems fine.
That bugs the hell out of me. He should be freaking the fuck out just knowing that Sal is attending the same college as him, and you just KNOW that there's going to be a comic where he's totally fine with it, and he's moved on, and Amber should feel bad for not getting over that time her friend almost got killed by some bitch because her mixed-race parents are totes racist.
>>
File: beh.png (129KB, 312x476px) Image search: [Google]
beh.png
129KB, 312x476px
>>85875972
>>
>>85876089
Who is this scar guy again?
>>
>>85891688

>>85886835
>Scarface is Ryan, who tried to rape Joyce at a party.
>http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/smash/
>http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/bat/
>http://www.dumbingofage.com/2011/comic/book-1/06-yesterday-was-thursday/oldtestament/
>>
>>85891688
Ryan the Roofying Rapist.
>>
>>85890363
>>85890673
Congrats.

>>85891557
There are several things wrong with the Sal/Amber conflict.
The one that sticks out to me the most is that it still exists. Amber kicked the crap out of her father before, and that should have been what eased her out of her grudge against Sal since her father was what caused it in the first place.

In a decent story, Amber would come to realize that her hatred of Sal is a projection of her hatred of her father; after punching him in the face several times, you'd think Amber would be over it. But instead, Amber heaves hate upon Sal because... Reasons?

As far as I know, Amber seems to think that Sal is trying to horn in on the boyfriend she just broke up with.

>>85891688
Scar Guy is Ryan. He was a minor character some years ago (in Walkyverse time, a little under a month ago) who showed up at a party, roofied Joyce, and couldn't even get her into a bedroom before being glassed in the face with an actual glass cup, since that's something that people willingly hand out at college parties.

Then Sarah knocked him in the head with a baseball bat twice and curbstomped him into the carpeting. Amazi-Girl showed up to assess the situation, during which Ryan got away. Y'know, despite having been hit in the head with a baseball bat. Concussions are nothing when you're an attempted rapist.

Anyways, Joyce guilted Amazi-Girl about it some time later after drawing dicks on whiteboards.
>>
>>85891779
>you'd think Amber would be over it.

Depends really. If she's projecting her feelings towards her father on Sal then it's possible that she's been doing it for so long that Sal is inextricably linked in her mind and beating up her father only provided an incomplete sense of closure. If she's projecting her self-loathing and personal issues on Sal, highly likely considering how she compartmentalizes her negative self-image, then her conflict with Sal is an external manifestation of her own self-loathing. In that case Sal not only represents a defined concept of her childhood trauma, but also a projection upon which Amber places the parts of herself that she despises while being the kind of person Amber wishes she was.

It's also entirely possible that Amber is having a maladaptive response to the catharsis of beating up her father. Basically she's showing psychological dependence to a sense of victimization and outrage, with her vigilante behavior being a reinforcing behavior due to the biochemical rush it provides. She's an addict.
>>
>>85891779
>As far as I know, Amber seems to think that Sal is trying to horn in on the boyfriend she just broke up with.
It's stupider than that, Amber broke up with him because he was friends with Sal at all, meaning he was "taking her side" or something. But Danny doesn't even know their history, so it's just controlling bitchitude.
>>
>>85892143
Yeah, you can be addicted to being a victim, kinda like you can be addicted to being sad. It's stuff she's gotta legit unlearn but she'll be itching to get back to where she was for a long time.
>>
>>85890824
Marcie and Malaya.
>>
>>85891779

>In a decent story, Amber would come to realize that her hatred of Sal is a projection of her hatred of her father

It's not, though. Not directly, at least. Her hatred of Sal is a projection of her hatred of herself. Specifically, her own violent nature (which she believes means she's no different to her own abusive father). There are several points in the story that specifically show that Amber sometimes enjoys getting into violent situations. Amazi-girl is her attempt to cover up her violent tendencies as something noble and 'heroic'. Sal robbing that store was the impetus that saw that side of her emerge for the first time, so she redirects the hatred from herself towards Sal, claiming it's all her fault.
>>
>>85888794
It really is pretty fucked, it probably has 90% a different audience to what it started with
>>
>>85888154

What's it like being the Overlord of The Kingdom of Wrong?
>>
>>85888356
Are you saying that the government should choose for the public? Pft, like they've never been corrupt or willingly
negligent.
>>
>>85890824
Scarface rapist raping the entire cast

then mail it to willis
>>
File: 6-19.png (235KB, 1111x333px) Image search: [Google]
6-19.png
235KB, 1111x333px
Did another one.

These only take like, 30 minutes.

Also, I forgot to ask you guys last time, do you guys find Saudra's New Jersy accent annoying? Because if so I can just go back and make it normal.
>>
maybe I should make my own doa style comic. it would probably end up like that soap opera passions but that would get me money r-right?
>>
>>85894097
willis didnt start with this, anon
i wouldnt reccomend it
>>
>>85880940
Well, he did passive-aggressively compare Dorothy to Hitler.
>>
File: Happened.png (679KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
Happened.png
679KB, 1000x666px
>>85891557
>you just KNOW that there's going to be a comic where he's totally fine with it
Pic related.

Ethan being over it makes sense to me. I was robbed at gunpoint in a pizza store one night, and while it did effect me, I don't have any sort of connection or vendetta against that specific person. For me that moment is more just about my own mortality and my feelings on safety. Also, I don't live in a narrative where the expectation of catching that person and having a run in with them is ever a real possibility.
>>
>>85891779
>Then Sarah knocked him in the head with a baseball bat twice and curbstomped him into the carpeting. Amazi-Girl showed up to assess the situation, during which Ryan got away. Y'know, despite having been hit in the head with a baseball bat. Concussions are nothing when you're an attempted rapist.

I am really tempted to leave comments* about this, because even if he was up and about from that kind of beating, Ryan should have bandages aplenty and that scar should still be nice and ugly, not faded as it is here. It's only been a couple weeks of comic-time, so he should still be nearly invalid, not up and oh we all know he's going to be completely healthy and probably make a comment about how "chicks dig scars".

*I mean, get instantly banned for questioning the Holy Writ.
>>
>Amber notices Ryan, she turns to go after him
>The crowd swarms in closer, making it so that Amber can't get through even though she's shown off nigh peak human gymnastic abilities that she should just be able to flip over them
>Police show up, see Sal and immediately suspect her as the culprit even though there are five other black people here.
>Marcie tries to sign that there's a misunderstanding, the cops overreact and slam her to the ground
>Sal gets angry at this and starts throwing punches, she gets maced and tazed
>The last thing she sees before getting a boot to the face is Amazi-Girls cape.
>Ryan gets away.
What are the likely chances of this happening.
>>
>>85894391
>Amber referring to herself in the third-person as a means of separating Amber and Amazi-Girl

She went off the deep-end years ago. Well, real-world years ago; I assume she went off the deep end before coming to school in Walkyverse time.
>>
>>85896370
Yeah, I think the robbery incident with Sal is what I would say is her official origin. It was building up from her dad, but Sal got the ringer.
>>
>>85894391

Has Sal talked to fag balls at all?
>>
File: 2015-06-03-tall.png (415KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-03-tall.png
415KB, 1000x333px
>>85897792
just once
>>
What the fuck happened to Shortpacked?
>>
>>85897896

huh. some not terrible foreshadowing
>>
>>85897896
I just realized Walky was supposed to be drunk because of the QC beer bubbles above his head

I thought he was just being his normal annoying self
>>
>>85897896
Man, even in older strips I can't help but notice art problems. Danny looks like The Thing With Two Heads in panel three; Willis should have either made the speed lines more prominent or just make a good old-fashioned smear.

>>85898409
I didn't notice the bubbles until you pointed them out.

Why does Willis draw a facial scar with a black outline and QC Drunk Bubblies without one?
>>
>>85898409
>>85898439
I know QC uses them a lot because there's a lot of drinking, but those bubbles aren't something they invented. They're like a classic icon for drunkeness. I think Berke Breathed called them boozles.
>>
File: uh-ohdinson.gif (467KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
uh-ohdinson.gif
467KB, 500x360px
>>85898758
oh I didn't mean to imply QC created the concept, it was just the first thing that came to mind is all

Sorry bout that
>>
>>85898758
I'm the other guy you replied to.
And I assumed that they weren't from QC in origin. I just implied that because it's easier.

My bad.

How do we kill the next 48 minutes?
>>
>>85899236
>How do we kill the next 48 minutes?
get a better hobby
>>
I noticed in the strip where Danny confesses his attraction to Ethan, he totally talks about Amber/Amazi-Girl's identity in front of Jacob.

http://www.dumbingofage.com/2016/comic/book-6/03-when-god-closes-the-door/unhealthy/

I don't think it'll come up, I just think Willis is a bad writer.
>>
>>85897896
He doesn't remember the woman who held a knife to his throat? Whom he was almost certainly called on to testify against in court?
>>
>>85899841
they were 13, she probably looks a lot different now. amber didnt recognize her at first either, only when she saw her while already mid-flashback
>>
>>85899841
Trauma can sometimes make you forget stuff. It's more than likely that he repressed it.

He had a knife to his throat, and then his best friend stabbed his attacker in the hand. There was a lot of blood and a lot of anger and a lot of pain.

He probably was numb through all of the court stuff.

The brain goes to great lengths to remove any evidence of things it can't process.
>>
I remember every traumatic experience that has happened in my life with crystal clarity. Blanking out traumatic experiences is rare and occurs primarily in contrived works of fiction by hack authors like Willis as a way of glossing over inconvenient plot holes.
>>
>>85900069
I'm not an expert, but my minor was in psychology. Sometimes, people will literally go blind because they saw something horrifying.

There are also people who dissociate during their experiences and do not remember them.

It happens more often than you think. I'm sorry you have to remember all of the trauma you've experienced.

My brain has blocked out the memory of any of the pain I've experienced. I still get phantom pains sometimes for a few little things involving needles, but the pain itself is something I'm literally incapable of remembering.

I remember the things happening, but my brain's created some distance from the less recent stuff.

I spent an entire year just being incredibly sad and crying a lot because a lot of traumatizing stuff happened that year, but while the experiences still affect me in profound ways, I don't remember the pain itself.

I get to feel new pain every time I think about it, but the way I felt is forever lost to me.

I have severe depression and anxiety, so it's probable that my body tries to compensate for that where it can.
>>
>>85899906
Wait, so Amber's been holding her thing against Sal for five years.
She's been training herself to become Amazi-Girl for five years.
She's been practicing acrobatics, martial arts, and other sorts of gymnastics for five years.

After five years of all this work, she's still fat.

What the fuck.
>>
File: endofbook6.png (335KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
endofbook6.png
335KB, 1000x333px
Tonight's strip! End of Book 6, apparently! Boy, I hope you guys weren't invested much in the Amazi-Girl/Sal story or the return of Ryan the wannabe rapist.
>>
>>85900477
You're shitting me.
This is how it fucking ends?

Jesus Christ, Willis.
>>
>>85900477
https://youtu.be/1t_Co0gfj18?t=46s
>>
>>85900477
So.... is it on purpose that the only sources of conflict in this story are all female?

All the male problems are dealing with the female ones, with the exception of a few minor things (Walky's grades I guess? Kinda a minor thing compared to the shit show that's going on in the girls wing)

What does Willis mean by this?
>>
It all returns to nothing.
>>
>>85900477
Part of me wonders why he does this? The people who buy the books aren't going to anxiously be waiting for the next one to know what happens, they can just check the goddamn website. Webcomics don't need bookends, they just need a pause in action so that you can just pic whatever the fuck you want as the last page for that volume and then start up the next one.
>>
>>85900430
I'm not saying you're wrong but the odds of all three people involved in a violent crime forgetting what the perp/victim looks like are very unlikely. One person forgetting is believable; two is a coincidence; three is lazy, shitty writing. Most people remember the fucked up shit they see, especially when it happens to them.
>>
>>85900434
Amber is still fat because Willis gets his rocks off to it.
>>
File: Qn7oYmr.gif (968KB, 500x295px) Image search: [Google]
Qn7oYmr.gif
968KB, 500x295px
>>85900477
You have got to be fucking kidding me.

I knew Willis was going to cheap out somehow, but this is just... what the actual shit?
>>
>>85900641
It's just one more day man.

Unless he decides to do a fucking time skip.
>>
>>85900477
whats dina even doing
>>
>>85900685
Being too good for this sick world.
>>
>>85900676
>Unless he decides to do a fucking time skip.
That's exactly what he's going to do.

Willis never follows through with fucking anything.

Tomorrow's Patreanon strip is going to be Becky making a lesbian joke. Calling it.
>>
>>85893971

Is Saudra supposed to be a giant, or is the other girl just very small?
>>
>>85900685
I assume that's Amber's bunk she's looking at. Like she's wondering where she is or something.
>>
>>85900750
The other girl [darkette] is just smaller.

Also I suck at drawing and now see that I probably made Saudra's head too big.
>>
>>85900742

The next strip is going to be Becky and Dina holding hands and walking past the fountain, talking about how great it is that Ruth is ok and that nasty Mary has been kicked out of the dorm and it's kind of strange, but Amber seems much happier now. The following strips will be wacky Becky hijinx. Getting a job! Getting a haircut! Convincing Dina to get a similar haircut!

Cerberus will write a novel in the comments about how empowering it is that they're getting matching haircuts or whatever. The status quo will be quoed. All will be as it was.
>>
>>85885386
He can only draw a few different hairstyles is the issue.
>>
>>85900477
Such ADHD storytelling. First you are at this plot point and then next stripe you're on another and then after that one there is another one.
>>
>>85898015
Willis got onto his soapbox and couldn't get off, so it became 'strawman opinions, the comic' instead of the actually funny comic it used to be.
>>
>>85875565
>>85875972
>>85900477
Read these three strips in succession and tell me if there is any narrative sense to be found.
>>
File: 1468212647823.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468212647823.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>85900477
>>
File: 1470700392608.jpg (196KB, 719x540px) Image search: [Google]
1470700392608.jpg
196KB, 719x540px
>>85900867
>Dina getting matching haircuts with Becky
>>
>>85901029
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLmbC8Pggco

>Next time on Dumbing of Age

> Will Amizgirl and Sal finally duke it out?
> Can Joyce ever have a pleasant wet dream?
> Does Becky go 5 second without shouting "I'm a Lesbian"?

TUNE IN TOMORROW TO FIND OUT ON ANOTHER STRIP OF DUMBING OF AGE! >:O
>>
File: ladies.png (23KB, 376x704px) Image search: [Google]
ladies.png
23KB, 376x704px
>>85901222
>Carla
>lady
>>
>>85901296
You mean to reply to someone else, there?
>>
>>85900477
I couldn't. Come up with a less apporporiate strip for that last one to lead into. It would be actually impossible. Is there a missing strip between the two. I'm so fucking confused.
>>
>>85900592
Well women are the clear focus of the strip, so they're bound to be the main sources of conflict.

And it's disingenuous to say the only sources are female. There's Becky's dad, the rapist guy, Joyce's brother, Mike when he shows up, and so on.
>>
>>85896318
>How do you know all that? Hey, I asked you a question. How do you know what Willis is going to write? Did you read the script too? Hey, what's that? What's that on the ground over there? Is that the script?
>>
>>85894391
Ditto. I had a gun pulled on me at a 7-11. Honest to God. He ran away with a bunch of Milk-and-Cereal bars and was caught by the cops like two blocks away.

I was only a little scared. I guess I assumed it was mostly for show; he didn't even lunge for the cash drawer or anything. Mostly I just hope he's doing better now. Most people don't rob a 7-11 of their milk and cereal bars when they're well-off.
>>
>>85895770
It's entirely possible his facial wound wasn't that deep. With proper medical care, it may be well healed by now.

Source: I'm no doctor but I've been cut up in the face before. They bleed like the dickens but usually heal back without significant scarring.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>85900477
Really? This is not how narrative works. You don't just hit a big climax and say, "welp, time to call it a night." Not to mention bring the tension to a screeching hult and turning the car off. For fucks sake.
>>
>>85900477
Why are they all in bed? Weren't we just at a rally? In the daytime? Where Willis dogpiled several plot climaxes into one strip?

The fuck
>>
File: 1414311950313.png (176KB, 392x414px) Image search: [Google]
1414311950313.png
176KB, 392x414px
>Comic Reactions:
Um… too many. I have too too many.
Panel 1: There was a person who mentioned in the Patreon side that it was nice that Marcie’s coworkers acknowledge her signal, because yeah, she’s mute, but she can still do her job. She can signal for help. She can try and break up confrontations, she can direct traffic. And that’s an important minor note because so often it is assumed that if you have a sensory disability (blind, deaf, mute) that you are essentially incapable of vast swaths of work despite the fact that often minimal accommodations are actually needed.
And that tends to lead to passive discrimination.
That said… oh fuck, oh fuck ohfuck! Her coworkers are all white and at least one of them is an Amazi-girl fan and very likely to assume Sal is the actual instigator of this conflict. I’m still so very worried about her safety, a worry that will not go down the longer we spend in this particular strip.
Panel 2: That Marcie face, that glare she’s doing. I like to imagine it’s in response to that last comment down there. The one that’s calling every canine in the tri-county area over to make a nice little den and raise a kennel.
CONTENT WARNING: RACIST VIOLENCE AND APOLOGIAS FOR
Cause… ugh… that comment has so many fucking barbs in it. Especially in the context of Mike Brown and the numerous ghouls who came out of the woodwork to argue that he deserved to get shot because he “stole something”.
And that crowd… oof, getting uglier, cheering on a fight, and the optics of it, Amazi-girl backed by an entire throng of “family values” voters with just Marcie and Sal alone. Sal, posed and ready to defend herself from the white woman who’s been stalking her for two nights straight and who ‘s just so tired and done of waiting for that to come to its head at an even worse less comfortable space.
>>
File: Cancer.jpg (3KB, 92x125px) Image search: [Google]
Cancer.jpg
3KB, 92x125px
>>85903181
I haven’t been there, but I identify with the head space. After three near-brushes with folks who wanted and were honestly mulling over whether to kill me for being trans in my life, I’ve had too many a day where I just want to get physically attacked to get it over with. To no longer be scared that one day, someday it’ll come to its head and just have it happen now and be done with the Sword of Damocles once and for all.
For Sal, AG has proven she’s willing to enforce even the slightest laws against her and she’s been spotting her following her over and over again, even viewing her saving her life and trying to provide medical care as a violence done against her.
Sal knows that AG will eventually find an excuse to attack her. So might as well get it over now. Crowd of racists be damned.
Panel 3: Oh, holy fuck, that face. That face. And that top of the panel comment. Like the one before, it’s so transparently racist and yet has that little bit of deniability that Sal knows will come down on her head if she reacts to it. And that face. That’s the face of having been here way too many times, suffered these comments one too many times.
Of just being done, not really able to even react to one more microaggression on a life filled with them, but still feeling the hurt and anger because it’s still shitty, it’s still dehumanizing, it’s still a triggering reminder of how she’ll never have her parents’ love in the way her brother does.
It’s a window into why Sal says she knows what it’s like to struggle with anger, with powerlessness. Because being a black woman, being into counterculture, this is her life. This is always her life. And from her perspective, it’s even worse.
>>
File: cowabunga_dude.jpg (15KB, 475x360px) Image search: [Google]
cowabunga_dude.jpg
15KB, 475x360px
>>85903194
Cause in her mind, AG has come off as nothing but extremely racist, a Zimmerman-esque figure who just won’t leave her alone and is looking for any excuse to justify beating her up and viewing her as a villain. And now she’s backed by a crowd that Sal was already uncomfortable around, which is now actively throwing racial dogwhistles her way and straight up cheering on her stalker to kick her ass.
And she stands firm.
That take chutzpah and inner strength. Like, fuck, I once got into it with a pair of neo-nazis that wanted to harm me once, but I had a whole bus of folks that were very openly getting my back. And that helped me not be scared. To hold firm like that when the “whole bus” is the equivalent of a local white supremacy rally backing said neo-nazis? I imagine I would be a whimpering mess.
And yet Sal stands up straight and gives them nothing. That’s emotional strength right there.

Panel 4 and 5: YES! YES!
No, not to the casual angry sexism, but to Amazi-girl… er… Amber… er… it’s not even listed, huh… to whatever amalgamation is running the show right now, to her look of shock and betrayal and self-doubt.
Cause, I’ve definitely been worried about the racial implications of her actions for awhile and even more worried as AG has devolved more and more into stalking and finding more and more paranoid delusions to use to justify viewing Sal as nothing more than a “bad guy”, the “archvillain” of her life.
Definitely Sal has noticed those. And here, AG or Amber or both see them as well. She sees exactly who’s backing her and why and what they expect her to do as their “white knight” against the “thug”. And she’s horrified. Through them she sees a little of the horror of her actions, of the type of people she’s in danger of having as her only supporters if she stays on this road, and of the type of people who share her conviction that a person like Sal can never be redeemed.
>>
File: despair.png (20KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
despair.png
20KB, 235x235px
>>85903203
Panel 4 and 5: YES! YES!
No, not to the casual angry sexism, but to Amazi-girl… er… Amber… er… it’s not even listed, huh… to whatever amalgamation is running the show right now, to her look of shock and betrayal and self-doubt.
Cause, I’ve definitely been worried about the racial implications of her actions for awhile and even more worried as AG has devolved more and more into stalking and finding more and more paranoid delusions to use to justify viewing Sal as nothing more than a “bad guy”, the “archvillain” of her life.
Definitely Sal has noticed those. And here, AG or Amber or both see them as well. She sees exactly who’s backing her and why and what they expect her to do as their “white knight” against the “thug”. And she’s horrified. Through them she sees a little of the horror of her actions, of the type of people she’s in danger of having as her only supporters if she stays on this road, and of the type of people who share her conviction that a person like Sal can never be redeemed.
And we can see that in her toothy grimace and her begging of the crowd, trying to explain, trying to rationalize her actions and then, thankfully, seeing part of the truth. That Sal didn’t actually do anything wrong here (other than some hypocrisy about escalation). AG was out of line. AG stalked her. AG fit into a narrative she never intended to but was no less horrible because of that fitting.
And that’s everything I could want because it’s a sign that AG or Amber wants off this path, will fight to stay off this path and is starting to see what she’s becoming. And that’s gonna be so key to her recovery and her integration and her seeing Amber’s strengths and AG’s risks and flaws.
>>
File: Green and Clean.gif (2MB, 800x442px) Image search: [Google]
Green and Clean.gif
2MB, 800x442px
>>85903214
And the best part of it all is that it’s AG/Amber who’s leading it. It’s not Sal chewing her out and reaching through. It’s not a wise council. It’s AG/Amber seeing the path, seeing her fans, seeing what she’s been letting herself become. It’s her wanting off this terrifying ride we’ve been on ever since that escalating verbal abuse against Danny.
Panels 6-8: … well fuck.
There’s little good here. If Sal and AG attack this fucker, the crowd will turn and Robin will have to label her a menace for assaulting her campaign worker. And there’s little she can do except beat him up, unfortunately, because there’s no proof that he’s committed a crime other than the cut across the face (looks like a potential permanent scar, well done Joyce, you’ve got PTSD for like the next 30 years, but at least you gave him something to remember on cold nights).
But at the same time, I doubt she could forgive herself if she did nothing again, especially when she promised Joyce:
http://www.dumbingofage.com/2014/comic/book-4/04-the-whiteboard-dong-bandit/gashface/
When she promised her she’d keep looking for him (a promise she momentarily forgot to stalk Sal and blame her for stealing a bf she willingly threw away to justify still hating her).
Shit’s about to go down. And even though AG is gonna be in an unsafe place at the end of it, she’s at least through the worst of it and hopefully off the bad road she was riding for far too long.
>>
>>85903181
>>85903194
>>85903203
>>85903214
>>85903220

Is this copy pasted from somewhere? Is this Cerberus?
>>
>>85903273
Yes and they should stop posting it. Sure Cerberus is nuts, but he/she uses it for therapy. There's no value in it for us, it's best left ignored.
>>
>>85903311
>but he/she uses it for therapy.
I can't think of many worse comics to use for therapy than this one.
>>
>>85900477
Pro-strat there of glossing over the actually interesting showdown so you can have characters just talk about it later.
>>
>>85903503
It's the new craze, tell don't show.
>>
File: RzMKSHg.jpg (302KB, 945x353px) Image search: [Google]
RzMKSHg.jpg
302KB, 945x353px
joyce is a cute
>>
>>85903759
>I AM your God

I can't help but imagine Sexually Liberated Joyce stopping S/M play to chastise her partner for using the Lord's name like that.
>>
>>85900609
>I'm not saying you're wrong but the odds of all three people involved in a violent crime forgetting what the perp/victim looks like are very unlikely. One person forgetting is believable; two is a coincidence; three is lazy, shitty writing. Most people remember the fucked up shit they see, especially when it happens to them.
But Amber *does* remember. So two out of three don't. This, as you classify it, makes it a coincidence.

Maybe Sal robbed enough stores and that was the first time she got caught. She might have had a dozen hostages by the time she got to Ethan. I would think she'd forget Ethan and remember Amber, since, you know, she stabbed her. And this incident is what sent her to boarding school. You'd think she would remember the person who was closely linked to that. And the person who most likely left her hand permanently disfigured to the point that she always wears gloves.

However, everything about Amber and Sal and Ethan and the robbery is utterly stupid and lazy. I've seen more nuance in Axe Cop. Willis just handwaves every issue he deems as unimportant or that the fans won't get off his back about. If people keep asking him about something, he puts it in the comic and answers it in the laziest way he can.

>How come someone as awful as Ruth got to be an RA?
>All the other applicants were worse.

Everything he does here is lazy and unsatisfying as a reader. I used to be interested in the comic, back when I thought it was actually going somewhere. Now I'm just roasting marshmallows over the wreckage.
>>
File: 586IhgF.jpg (294KB, 945x353px) Image search: [Google]
586IhgF.jpg
294KB, 945x353px
>>85904257
Eh, I figure she's past the point of thinking of god as someone who'd get fussy and condemn you to hell just because you used his name in a weird context.
>>
File: Screaming.gif (995KB, 500x263px) Image search: [Google]
Screaming.gif
995KB, 500x263px
>>85901029
>>
>>85903180
It was a midnight rally, which was a big deal for some reason.
>>
File: 1471716373555.png (900KB, 690x968px) Image search: [Google]
1471716373555.png
900KB, 690x968px
>>85900477
LITERALLY MUFFLED "YES" IN THE DISTANCE
>>
>>85903311
What if anon is posting Cerberus' comments for therapy?
>>
>>85904390
But the strip in the OP is clearly during the day. It's not even tinted like the part with the lesbian.
>>
>>85904543
It's indoors, and the lights are on.
>>
>>85904543
its inside, anon. the lights are on.
>>
>>85888356

Nah. This environment was bred because blacks are statistically the number 1 cop killer and it puts cops on edge. Especially black cops.

So the blacks are on edge, and the cops are on edge, and so both parties are just in a never ending loop of being afraid of the other.
>>
>>85886722

So why is Amber hesitating to fight Sal? She didn't show any hesitation beating up everyone else she has. Not did she show a moments restraint going after Ross.

And considering all the intensity she's shown regarding Sal, this is out of her batshit crazy character
>>
File: Lynch Mob.jpg (150KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
Lynch Mob.jpg
150KB, 1000x333px
>>85886722
>>
>>85905389
>So why is Amber hesitating to fight Sal?

because Sal didn't actually do anything and the crowd is villainizing her because of a fight she didn't pick
>>
>>85887594

Yes. But that fact is not useful to the current administration's and media's agenda.
>>
>>85905389
It is definitely weird. I feel like her noticing Ryan would've worked better on its own than this combination of a distraction then Ryan appearing. Now we know that it's literally the last thing we'll see of the confrontation (until recaps and flashbacks later) so he had to save it for the last few panels.
>>
>>85905421

and never mind all the what has to be THOUSANDS of incidents of cops NOT shooting black people
>>
>>85905421

It's not even an outright agenda.

It's just what generates the most ratings and clicks right now.

Racism and sexism are marketable trends at the moment so the media is pushing them hard for cash.
>>
>>85888154
>The only genuine case of a dindu actually not having done anything was a guy who got shot in his car when pulling out his wallet.

All we've seen is the video of the shot guy in the car bleeding. That's it. We did not see the circumstances up to it. The footage of them claiming they did nothing wrong is likely lying for all we know

Like with Zimmerman trial, all the stuff the media showed is only the stuff they wanted to allow. None of us were at the actual trial, and none of us saw ALL the evidence and testimony

It's more advantageous to the media to advance the narrative that furthers their own agenda rather than the truth
>>
>>85891743

>Ryan the Roofying Rapist.

Giggity
>>
>>85891743

Sounds like a song by The Bloodhound Gang
>>
>>85897896

If it wasnt for that costly middleman, Sal's personality, I'd find her sexy.
>>
>>85902412
>And it's disingenuous to say the only sources are female. There's Becky's dad, the rapist guy, Joyce's brother, Mike when he shows up, and so on.

And Carla
>>
>>85905405

You think Amber needs a RATIONAL reason to fight Sal? She didn't have any rational reason to go after Ross. And she has verbally expressed intent to go after Sal
>>
>>85905644

I think Amber will buckle under the peering eyes of a crowd and then panic when she has to explain why she's fighting Sal.
>>
http://itswalky.tumblr.com/post/149715512422/is-there-anything-in-early-dumbing-of-age-that

Jeez, don't denigrate yourself too much there m8
>>
>>85876045
The bigger reveal is that Republicans are rapists.
>>
File: 6-20.png (207KB, 1111x333px) Image search: [Google]
6-20.png
207KB, 1111x333px
A strip.
mainly of this girl getting btfo.
>>
>>85900477
In the last panel is Joyce resolving to masturbate with her injured hand.
>>
>>85903334
I pity Cerberus' poor therapist for having to read both DoA and these essays.
>>
>>85904391
Would that be Becky hanging outside Joyce's window?
>>
>>85900603
>>85900603
PEOPLE BUY THIS? MONEY CHANGES HANDS????????
>>
>>85900477
i thought she was talking to god in the second panel
>>
>>85900477
Hey WILLIS!
Howzabout- you make your comic better?
>>
>>85908266
He's released several paperback collections of his past strips via successful Kickstarter campaigns.
>>
>>85906041
Or quick to defend and counter Ryan's accusations.

>He's a Preacher's Son, he couldn't have done it!
>He's with the Local Sports Team, he's got a promising future!
>Even if he did it, it's because he was Tempted, Seduced or Lead Astray. So even if it's his fault, it's someone else's fault.
>>
>>85908266
>>85909064
5K+ a month in Patreon, 70K for Kickstarting his last trade, yo!
Thread posts: 276
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.