[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Family Guy ever actually good, or were we just easily amused

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Family_Guy_Logo.svg.png (98KB, 1280x764px) Image search: [Google]
Family_Guy_Logo.svg.png
98KB, 1280x764px
Was Family Guy ever actually good, or were we just easily amused when we were younger?
>>
>>85870922
I liked the sex-change episode and that's about it.
>>
>we
>tell me what I thought of this show

Fuck right off
>>
>>85870922
After Cancellation episodes just stopped trying.
>>
File: both.gif (941KB, 398x223px) Image search: [Google]
both.gif
941KB, 398x223px
>>85870922
It used to be very quotable and laugh out loud funny. But it's no doubt that its audience is, and always has been, most likely younger than its formal target demographic.
>>
Seasons 1-3 were decent
>>
The show got better. It just stopped being directed towards /co/'s tastes.
>>
I was actually watching season 1, it was actually halfway clever. Stewie wasn't literally just a gay guy like he is in today's episodes he was actually an evil genius, the flash backs felt more natural, they actually had to do with the topic. For example, in season 1 it'd be "Peter, you have to help him" "No way, remember the last time I helped him" *flashback*. Today it's *dishwasher breaks* "this is worse than the time I got caught smuggling drugs" just something completely unrelated that seth McFarlane uses to cram in a funny scenario he thought of while he was taking a shit.
>>
>>85870922
The show was less desperate for cheap laughs and the characters hadnt been fucked up yet
>>
Stupid question. Pre-cancellation Family Guy was an entirely different show than post-cancellation. Even ignoring the question of quality, why would you question the legitimacy of a large number of fans of the old show that didn't like the new one?
>>
>>85870922
We were just easily amused. I remember the earlier episodes with not so many cutaway gags and thought those were the best but those were also shit.
>>
>>85870922
It's still good
>>
>>85871319
Actually, it was that after cancellation, MacFarlane knew he could do pretty much anything and no one was going to tell him otherwise. MacFarlane being given carte blanche with no creative oversight other than S&P is what killed the show.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.