[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they even fall in love with each other? It's not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 33

File: hos.jpg (68KB, 1278x720px) Image search: [Google]
hos.jpg
68KB, 1278x720px
Why did they even fall in love with each other? It's not like they had anything in common to begin with.
>>
>>85856979
They personalities complemented one another when fused.
>>
>>85856979
Lust for each other bodies.

Also, Ruby is unpredictable and can defy destiny, which is something that Saphere find fascinating.
>>
>>85856979
>>85856993
Ying Yang typa thing
>>
because ice and fire
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>85856979
Lesbianism transcends paltry concerns such as "personal compatibility" and "common ground". It's powered by "love at first sight" and "opposites attract".

Unlike the pathetic heterosexual equivalent, which requires empty things like "hard work" and "communication".
>>
>>85857477
I'm more concerned how a human being could possibily fall in love with a hollgraphic gem woman from outer space.
>>
>>85856979
Because they somehow fused accidentally and became addicted to the hetero-fusion high.
>>
>>85857663
...Dude, people on the internet fall in love with weirder shit. /trash/ has a thread about people wanting to fuck their own tulpas (imaginary friends for creepy sociopaths)
>>
>>85857698
Don't fall for the ruse.
Never fuse.
>>
>>85856979

As much as people like to meme around and shit, sometimes opposites do attract and people can be naturally attracted to personalities which compliment and contrast their own.
>>
File: 1471849022032.png (52KB, 349x344px) Image search: [Google]
1471849022032.png
52KB, 349x344px
>>85857702
I hate that you are rigth
>>
File: img_MIKU_us.png (269KB, 462x710px) Image search: [Google]
img_MIKU_us.png
269KB, 462x710px
>>85857663
Motherfucker, humans are falling in love with holographic women from earth right now.
>>
>>85857663

If you can touch them they are not holographic, they are polymohic or that weird " hard light" thing.

I was goi g to say "people fall in loce with fucking ponies" bur I remember hey are most likely warm, have huge butts and cummable faces.

Also it is important to know that the hottest gems are lapis, Peridot and sapphire, wich are all the most nubile.

There is also a huge boom ub sex dolls for white and asian men so thwy don't have to deql with cuck shit.
>>
Because giving a belivible basis for a relasionship that barely ever appears is haaaard
>>
>>85856979
it's one of the many things in SU that doesn't require a backstory or any explanations, you just kinda have to accept it and move on with the story. maybe they'll reveal it next season, stay tuned.
>>85857006
>Lust for each other bodies

That's all it takes for space gem aliens, huh? I guess they're not that much advanced than they make it seem. if that's the case you'd think Pearl would've made a move on Rose way before she met Greg.
>>
>>85858470
how do you figure? isn't Garnet, like literally, a physical embodiment of their love? they're technically on the screen making love every time Garnet is on the screen. doesn't that add significance to both of them and their lust for each other? when an entire character's existence relies on that? its not that important though because they don't outright show it?
>>
>>85856979
because sugar wanted to normalize that yes, romance sucks even if it's homo
>>
>>85856979
They had a high stakes experience together. Emotions get involved, and you have common ground because the other person becomes associated with that emotional spike, and the best person to relate to a new experience like that is the other person that experienced it too.

The real question is how they "accidentally" fused in the first place. They would have had little in common then, but details are likely left out as it's Garnet telling a story to Steven, not us watching something as it happens.
>>
All those regret butterflies are because they realize they've confused novelty and physical attraction for love, and Garnet is barely holding herself together.
>>
>>85858679
I choose to belive this theory so i can see somwthing good come out of that piece of shit episode
>>
>>85858646
I thought they accidentally fused because their gems touched. When they're dancing together later in The Answer they make sure the gems on their hands don't touch because they're not ready to fuse again. I think this is also how Jasper fused with the corrupted gem monster.
>>
>>85858543
Does it really count as a lesson if all the relasionships are homo
>>
>>85857702
>>85858424
I meant in the context of the show.
>>
>>85857663
If someone, or something, has, or could possibly have, a hole to stick your dick into or a protrusion to stick into your vagina (or ass if you're a faggot) someone, somewhere out in the world will want to have sex with it.

>>85858424
>Also it is important to know that the hottest gems are lapis, Peridot and sapphire, which are all the most nubile.

That's just personal opinion, right? I remember in one of the comics, there were human fashion models who closely resembled Garnet and Pearl.
>>
File: Book_Passions_of_Xanxor.png (272KB, 310x417px) Image search: [Google]
Book_Passions_of_Xanxor.png
272KB, 310x417px
>>85858787
Fiction or real life, people are people. And peope are weird.
>>
File: 1472175509930.png (181KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
1472175509930.png
181KB, 500x283px
im more peeved at their first fushion
to fuse you need to be on the same wavelength more or less, which they were the farthest thing from at the time (ruby knowing what she acting on an impulse and saphire not knowing wth was happening)
>>
>>85856979
But anon they are not in love, their simply obsessed with each other and the fusion high that comes with being Garnet. they've grown an unhealthy dependency on each other, and they've tricked themselves into believing they are in love as an excuse to be fusion sluts.
>>
>>85856979
Rose manipulated them into doing so at their weakest moment. That's what she does with every gem she recruits, and Garnet is no better. Their relationship is built upon a house of lies that Rose built, which is why their relationship seems so unhealthy and co-dependant.
>>
>>85861889
>>85862709
These are the real answers. Once they rebelled against Homeworld they were left without purpose. They only had each other and after finding rose, this behavior was encouraged. Once they were together for thousands of years they've learned to become obsessed with one another
It's quite sad

Though I guess if they aren't aware of this it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>85856979
>your tears are delicious
What the fuck, Sapphire?
>>
>>85857663
It's Captain Kirks fault for fucking all those aliens and giving nerds a fetish for generations to come
>>
>>85856979
1 had an instant crush and another saw it in the future.Then they had time to get to know each other.
>>
>>85857477
Jaime and Pearl better have more interaction in the future. They seem to have a lot in common together.
>>
>>85858646
Good point.
>>
Despite what Garnet would have you believe, their relationship is heinously imperfect. When they are apart from one another, they are complete messes. They rely on each other far too much, and are completely incapable of functioning independently. Apart, they are neurotic, and filled with negative emotions and self-doubt. Have you ever seen Ruby or Sapphire smile without the other being around? They're also addicted to being a fusion. That's incredibly abnormal, and only drives home the fact that they can't function apart. Garnet has been allowed to exist for too long, so she gets this idea that she's the "embodiment of a perfect love" or some stupid shit, when in actuality, all she is a coping mechanism for two failures who can't stand having their own egos. They are both secretly trying to lose themselves to Garnet. Suicidal ego-death.
>>
They were in a dangerous situation together. Sacrifice was involved as well as surprise -- both stepped out of their entrenched and assigned roles and experienced whatever the gem equivalent of an adrenaline rush is together. They took a risk together, explored a world together, and began to feel a lot of attraction toward one another. Then they fused again to explore the world through an even newer experience. It makes sense that they were attracted. It wasn't a slow burn or long developed relationship and was based a lot on circumstance more.
>>
>>85863137
Suicidal ego death seems more appealing to me than a regular marriage or relationship, I'm in.

>>85862762
It really isn't sad as long as they get to stay fused. Which is what Rose and they fight for. As individuals and forced to be apart it would suck but if they can avoid that through Homeworld victory then who cares? Certainly not them. Ignorance is bliss and they get what they want. The rush and mania and infatuation, followed by the content feelings of companionship when together, is all the same chemicals and experiences in the end regardless of the context of the romantic feelings. All context can do is secure people with understanding and mutual communication, but some are in it for the passion and rush of love. If Ruby and Sapphire can have that eternally then I envy them.
>>
>>85858646
Accidental fusion can happen when emotions get intense, as seen with Smokey Quartz in Earthilings and Stevonnie in Crack the Whip.
Dancing isn't necessary for fusion, it just makes it much easier to get in-sync with your partner.
>>
Ruby is a garbage gem
>>
>>85856979

Opposites attract.

Besides, sometimes you just meet someone and you have no idea why, but...
>>
>>85857006

What's the point of Destiny if one can defy it so easily? That always irked me about future vision in cartoons.

Now, I could see the point if it was just Sapphire who thought you couldn't change Destiny, and Ruby was just reckless enough to change her mind. Otherwise it seems contradictory.
>>
>>85856979
Love at first fuck but on a higher level.
>>
>>85856979
Well it's a common (and very old) trope of two people from very different castes/classes falling in love by chance. So that's undoubtedly part of it.

But I imagine it has more to do with them fighting a war together as one person. Garnet herself said love taka time and love takes work. And since we haven't seen much of what went on with the gems during the war, I'm going to assume their love formed during those times.
>>
File: garnet.jpg (69KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
garnet.jpg
69KB, 500x667px
>>85864116
>I could see the point if it was just Sapphire who thought you couldn't change Destiny, and Ruby was just reckless enough to change her mind. Otherwise it seems contradictory.
This IS kinda is how it worked. Early Sapphire thought everything was preordained but now Garnet explains that no one can see the future with 100% certainty. Her power lets her see all possible futures,and how likely they are, but that means there's millions of possible futures that are just so unlikely she can't even bother looking at them or she'll get overwhelmed. But from time to time, Ruby (and Steven) sometimes end up causing one of those futures anyway.
>>
>>85856979
Because they barely have a personality if they aren't fused
>>
>>85856979
>Why did they even fall in love with each other? It's not like they had anything in common to begin with.
Are you asking seriously? I guess there's a small chance this isn't shitposting.

They had a lot of time to bond when they both got stranded on Earth, and in a sense they inspired each other; without Ruby, Sapphire would have stayed (literally+figuratively) frozen in the face of all those probabilities that she's never considered before, and without Sapphire Ruby would have gotten killed doing something seemingly or actually retarded.
>>
File: 1452034967475.png (53KB, 302x218px) Image search: [Google]
1452034967475.png
53KB, 302x218px
>>85856979
Except for that fascination with their complementary traits, the shared bond of defying what seemed like certain destiny, the shared exile and the desire to be around each other?
Yeah, how could love ever grow from that as they explored the strange wonderland of ancient Earth?
>>
>>85861804
That whole episode was terrible. It was the most cliche tripe imaginable that actively contradicts a lot of shit. What a waste of an episode.
>>
>>85856979
Because the show sucks and doesn't make sense.
>>
>>85856979
theyre playing off the oppisites attract trope
>>
>>85856979
They met, they fused, they fled, they fused again after who knows how much time passed of them just wandering around the Earth, Rose found them, then there's a 5,700 year gap of them working through actually falling in love.
>>
>>85863473
I miss when dancing was needed
>>
>>85856979

>Questioning why people fall in love

In 10,000 years of civilization you think we would know the answer to this one.
>>
File: 1442090009893.png (302KB, 545x657px) Image search: [Google]
1442090009893.png
302KB, 545x657px
>mfw all these cringe-worthy "They're not in love they have UNHEALTHY STOCKHOLM SYNDROME FOR EACH OTHER" posts
>>
>>85869296
Anon, do you really believe that anyone on /co/ has ever been in a healthy relationship?
>>
>>85857477
Poor Jamie. He just wanted to be BLACKED.
>>
They better end the series EoE style with fusion tang so steven can decide that it's better for Gems to remain unfused and learn to love each other instead of craving power. Or some shit.
>>
>>85858710
>some stupid theory about something that has no real reason behind it
>durr hurr so good
>>
>>85857824
For instance, men and women.
>>
File: 1470695830733.png (211KB, 294x646px) Image search: [Google]
1470695830733.png
211KB, 294x646px
In the beginning, love at first sight, coupled with Ruby being SLIGHTLY smarter than the average Ruby, and appreciation for Sapphire's curiosity of Earth but willingness to just accept her duty. On Sapphire's end, it's Ruby's selfless sacrifice (albeit pointless, since no one would've been shattered, just knocked out) and being unafraid to actually make contact with her (accidentally bumping into her made everyone uncomfortable).

From then on it seemed much more natural actually. They complimented each other as shown in their song with Stevonnie: While Ruby is impulsive, she's unafraid to act on Sapphire's behalf and always says how she feels, even though she can be narrow-minded when it comes to Sapphire (and most things, if all Rubies are alike). Whereas Sapphire is gentile and contemplative, but sometimes too much, constantly inactive since she as an Oracle she likely looking into the future constantly to see the branches fate takes.

As Garnet they found balance. While fusion was a bit rushed for them, they did make it work in the love department, there was even the montage of them getting to know one another and keeping each other safe. They took the time to make the relationship work, but it does add merit to Peridot and Jasper wondering why they are ALWAYS fused, since whenever they're apart they're always obsessed with getting back together. Thousands of years makes one co-dependant I guess.
>>
>>85863015
so do amethyst and mop
>>
>>85858510
You can say it represents their love but you gotta show it too, otherwise it's pointless. Just because you say "it's that" doesn't mean I'll care for it.

Anyway fuck this show, for all the talk of "we show EMOTIONS and RELATIONSHIPS!" they seem to forgot how to actually write them well.
>>
Would it be correct to say that they've been together so long that instead of Garnet being Ruby and Sapphire fused, now Ruby and Sapphire are Garnet divided?

Most of the other retain some sense of separation within the fusion (Stevonnie especially), and when they don't (most notably Sugulite), it's portrayed as a really bad thing.

This would help explain why they have so much trouble focusing when separated: instead of being two wholes that combine, they chose to become two halves of one whole.
>>
>>85869494
Men and women that get together on average have similar interests which makes them compatible, there personalities are usually similar as well. That's not really an accurate comparison.
>>
>>85857477
People can be infatuated at first sight. It can still transform into love over time.

Like wouldn't being Garnet for millenniums be considered enough work to truly become love? Not to mention we haven't gotten a thorough view of their entire history. There may have been more moments like Keystone Hotel where they had arguments or problems that they needed to work out.
>>
>>85869296
SU isn't written well enough for this to even become a possibility anyway
>>
>>85856979
>Damaged retarded jerk and the shy nice girl who wants to help them

No surprise they are a couple at all.
>>
>>85869386
The term is EBONYED when its a black woman on a white male.
>>
>>85869974

Jamie is white?
>>
>>85857477
Yes, heterosexual relationships are never portrayed this way in cartoons
>>
>>85863962
>Opposites attract.
That shit is actually very un-true
>>
>>85863137
Their separation is analogous to a lover's quarrel. So each time they are apart it is because they are agitated, not the other way around.

Though when they are apart and the stakes are high, then of course they are concerned for the health and safety of the other.

Though if it's hard to recognize, that's understandable. It's not exactly something that's universal, it's more of a cultural thing in humans.
>>
File: 1467737522586.jpg (565KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1467737522586.jpg
565KB, 2448x3264px
>>85856979
WAIT WIAT WAIT WAIT WAIT AHAHAHHAHAHAHA WAIT WAIT
YOURE TELLING ME
STEVEN UNIVERSE
HAS FUCKING LEZZY SHIT NOW?
HAHAHAHAHA HOW THE FUCK AAAH MY GOD HOLY, OKAY, HOW THE FUCK DID YOU GET MORE AUTISTIC, UNIVERSE KEKS?
>>
File: lesbian love story for kids.jpg (151KB, 1280x771px) Image search: [Google]
lesbian love story for kids.jpg
151KB, 1280x771px
>>85858482
>maybe they'll reveal it next season
No. They're going to release a book.
>>
>>85870188

Isn't that just a book version of one of the episodes we've already seen?
>>
>>85869296
Honestly their relationship is not well written at all and it comes off as unhealthy and co-dependent but that is definitely not the intent of the show.
>>
File: 1400279927995.gif (3MB, 338x207px) Image search: [Google]
1400279927995.gif
3MB, 338x207px
>>85870164
There is a lot to cringe about in this post but I don't know where to start.
>>
File: 1472261983882.gif (2MB, 244x194px) Image search: [Google]
1472261983882.gif
2MB, 244x194px
>>85869869
>The only reason my edgy interpretation isn't real is only because the story ISN'T WELL WRITTEN IN THE FIRST PLACE
>>
File: 1467902849759.jpg (861KB, 1500x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1467902849759.jpg
861KB, 1500x3000px
>>85870271
>>
>>85870221
The only time they seemed genuinely co-dependent in an unhealthy way was played for laughs in a baseball episode.

Co-dependency isn't inherently bad anyway, there's a degree to it that actually helps you as a person if you let it. And this show is about relationships in the end so it's always going to hold that in value.
>>
File: 1461366487861.jpg (124KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1461366487861.jpg
124KB, 540x540px
>>85856979
lesbians.
>>
>>85870342
Someone wasted their life making that image.

It's almost amazing.
>>
>>85870003
Of course hes white just listen to his voice.
>>
>>85858787
Are you retarded? He didn't know she was an alien, or a rock, or anything like that. Greg just saw a robust, pink-haired amazon who enjoyed his song, and the "Stick Your Dick in That" siren went off in his head. What's so confusing about this?
>>
>>85870164
I genuinely can't stand shit posting. I really can't. It's the most autistic, pointless thing a person could actually find "entertaining". The idea that you think it's hilarious wasting hours of your "life" trying to bait people into replying to your shitty half arsed posts speak numbers about how lonely and pathetic you must be to get entertained doing this

It probably seems counter productive for me to write this, because shit posting genuinely makes me angry. It seems like it's near impossible to have a genuine discussion on this board without some fuckwit chiming in to say something stupid like "freshcunt" or "newcunt fresh off the boat from facebook or reddit detected".

I know that this will probably get a bunch of you stupid cunts replying to me calling me the "autistic" one for actually speaking up, because I genuinely want to have a discussion about something instead of being barraged with retarded responses that will no doubt have me reply to you about your stupid pointless comments.

Moderation is largely pointless because you all seem to use dynamic ips anyway so no matter what you'll continue your shit posting like it's some normal part of your everyday life.

The fact that anyone ever calls you out on your bullshit and you try and defend it, or continue replying in a shit posting fashion is childish as fuck considering most of you on here are at least 18-30 years old.

Fuck all your shit posting antics. Kill yourselves. You're not funny, or witty, or original, or entertaining. You're literally all rehashes of one another trying to be unique and funny, when you're all doing the same thing. Your pathetic "lives" while you sit here day in and day out shit posting are being wasted away because you find it hilarious to get people worked up 24/7. It's like you cunts are addicted to shit posting. Like you get a dopamine response from it or something.

Rant over cunts. Fuck off.
>>
>>85870450
I just wanted to know how you universe keks got even more autistic :(
>>
>>85870306
Reading comprehension
>>
I don't think people realize what fusion really implies. Your beings merge as one.

When you found the one, why let them go?
>>
>>85870164
How is it back in the distant past of late 2014, time traveler?
>>
File: 1467902929415.jpg (1MB, 1500x3220px) Image search: [Google]
1467902929415.jpg
1MB, 1500x3220px
>>85870864
>>
>>85870342
w-what am I supposed to be getting conveyed to me by this picture?
>>
Im just now starting SU. What episode does this infamous scene occur?
>>
>>85871029
>Im just now starting SU. What episode does this infamous scene occur?
All of them.
>>
>>85871029
Last episode of season 1. Episode 52.
>>
>>85871029
You'll know it when you get there nigger
>>
>>85870964
qUESTION ONE iS HAVE yOU SEEN nOSTALGIA CITRIC
>>
File: 1465849538659.jpg (32KB, 473x468px) Image search: [Google]
1465849538659.jpg
32KB, 473x468px
>>85871106
That is so many episodes to trudge through
>>
Well, they were kinda forced by a couple of impulsive decisions into the camp of a rebellious firebrand who had a vocal fetish for breaking norms

And then they had about six thousand years that we know fuckall about to be together after that

Use your imagination, nigga
>>
>>85871202
>trudge
>implying

Although I will admit Steven's a little annoying in the beginning, but the kid grows on you.
>>
>>85871118
tHE fUCK iS a nOSTALGIA cRITIC?
iS tHAT sOME kIND oF sLANG fOR jACKING oFF tO oLD cARTOONS oR sOMETHING?
>>
>>85871118
Wgaaaaaaa?
>>
>>85871238
kINDA ;)
yOU HAVE TO WATCH hIS POKEMON mOVIE REVIEW THEN RE-READ aTTACHED IMAGES

yOU'LL GET IT ;0 ;0 ;0
>>
File: Garnet_debut-Golf_pants.png (147KB, 2082x4239px) Image search: [Google]
Garnet_debut-Golf_pants.png
147KB, 2082x4239px
>>85857663
He just liked her giant ass. The rest of his body followed his dick.

No, I am certainly not just projecting the fact that I love Garnet's giant ass.
>>
>>85870188
I'm a real sucker for this head-in-lap shit.
>>
>>85872291
autist cuck
booger butt
lick my weiner
all the way up
>>
>>85856979
ruby gave sapphire uncertainty, gaining freedom from the paths she was chained to

sapphire gave ruby an existential purpose, she thought of only being a weapon, whereas she could now become much more
>>
>>85856979
They're a metaphore for simple carnal relationships that teenagers usually start their lives with. They didn't think about anything, they just fell into the vortex of puppy love.

Then as time went by they stuck to each other, finding out that their love grew and matured. Now they're perfect together.
>>
>>85871235
I'm currently re watching it together with a friend who didn't see it yet and sometimes we both get truly annoyed by Steven during the first half of Season 1. That kid is so fucking stupid and obnoxious you want to smack him left and right.

I didn't even noticed it that much the first time I saw it, but probably because I just binged the show in a few days, instead of watching 3~4 episodes per day with her.
>>
Garnet or Sapphire saw what was going to happen and, rather than risk the possibility of being shattered, decided it was safer to stay together.
>>
>>85873448
Yeah, I just finished rewatching the whole thing yesterday.

Can't blame the kid he's 12 or 13 when the show starts and has never went to school to socialize with other kids. Although I think he's grown up a bit and his goodness is more refreshing especially since you know under that good he's a bundle of insecurities.
>>
They were stuck together on top of having complimenting personalities. Neither of them could go back to Blue Diamond without being shattered.
>>
File: m f w.png (320KB, 926x282px) Image search: [Google]
m f w.png
320KB, 926x282px
>>85870450
This is my new pasta.
>>
>>85856979
codependency
they were both exiles on a strange planet with no where to go.
>>
File: 1461516495868.jpg (139KB, 611x599px) Image search: [Google]
1461516495868.jpg
139KB, 611x599px
>>85870357
>Co-dependency isn't inherently bad anyway
>excessive emotional or psychological reliance on a partner
>isn't inherently bad

It's pretty fucking bad anon.
>>
>>85870116
It really isn't.

It's untrue that opposites have more successful relationships than people who are alike, as similar people stay together far more often. But "Personality" is an abstract concept so pitting people as similar or opposites when relationships and context can change what they express and how they act is dumb anyway.
>>
File: saby.png (494KB, 1280x1879px) Image search: [Google]
saby.png
494KB, 1280x1879px
Ruby is the lithium and Sapphire is the xanax.
>>
>>85873931
The codependent bullshit is highly debatable as anything actually legitimate or scientific and exists to peddle self-help books, therapy, and focus groups. There is no clear delineation between codependent and interdependent especially when codependency is defined by its dysfunctional ways and plenty of them are mutual and functional. It's stupid to pretend this is some uncontested valid and respected term when most shit regarding it is thrown into self-improvement aisles at your local Barnes & Noble.
>>
>>85856979
>Commonality

The traits of Garnet are the traits they have in common.
A sense of purpose, resolute will, a selflessness, and the courageous willingness to die for those who they care for.

As for love, love comes when you understand completely the things you have in common with your partner and are both still pleasantly surprised, amused, and mystified by your differences.
Ruby is something unexpected and mysterious in Saphire's world and Saphire is something amazing beyond ruby's expectations, yet both have somehow found each other and then chosen to sacrifice in order to be with one another.
They became each other's heroic savior.
That gesture itself would be enough to inspire feelings in one another. Mutual reciprication doubles the effect.

Plus, they both know how to flirt.
>>
>>85874211
You are using the term in the loosest sense
it be like saying it's OCD to need a morning coffee
codependency by definition (which I already quoted) is at the point of extreme or unhealthy.
To where you can not function clearly without the other.

> It's stupid to pretend this is some uncontested valid and respected term
No it needs to be respected by it's original core. It's just the term touches shit on people they dont want to think about which is this: It's unhealthy as fuck to be so dependent on other person that you cannot function without them, that you need to be around them every couscous moment.

That being said we are dealing with Alien rock monsters which is a whole other can of worms.
>>
File: 1472149255944.jpg (43KB, 368x388px) Image search: [Google]
1472149255944.jpg
43KB, 368x388px
>>85862709
I don't really see it as Rose manipulating them as much as just encouraging what she thought was something great that the Diamond Authority was keeping away from the gems. Had she already known that fusion caused gems to become addicted and lose their sense of self she wouldn't have encouraged Ruby and Sapphire to stay fused; this "ROSE IS EVIL" meme is based on analyzing her actions as entirely black or entirely white and it needs to fucking die.

Homeworld gems saw fusion between two different gems as digusting because it meant two different castes could create something powerful, not because they knew it made you a fusion slut.
>>
>>85870342
Iron Liz is actually trans.
>>
File: The_Answer_110.jpg (229KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The_Answer_110.jpg
229KB, 1920x1080px
>>85856979
I've been thinking about this lately and rerunning some episodes. And I don't actually think they are.

In "The Answer" they fuse for the first time on accident. Even though it's a mistake, it effectively acts as a death sentence for both of them. They run away and spend a small amount of time together talking before they try to fuse again and then stumble into Rose. There's likely some kind of friendship blossoming between them after Ruby rescued Sapphire and they ran off, but a full romance isn't really there. It's Rose who tells them they're in love. Or more specifically, that they are love.

Rose. Rose, as the same gem that in "We Need To Talk" actually admits she has no idea what being in love is. She admits she's loved other humans to Greg, but when he asks if she's ever been IN love she admits she has no idea what that is.

Those episodes together kind of made me wonder if Garnet isn't just two very confused Gems who were in a very susceptible mindset who were told they were in love, by someone who by her own volition has no idea what that is, and they went along with it. And over thousands of years have become so committed to that idea that they've now decided they are completely in love and need to show it every chance they get and talk about it. Like a mental disorder. They think they're heavily in love and they think this is what people in love say and do and they both believe it so it must be true. Never mind the fact that staying fused as Garnet for as long as they have has probably caused an incredible amount of Ego death.

At the best, they're a really bad relationship. Built on lies and vulnerability. At worst they are two people who were forced together and are now so codependent and dedicated to the idea of being one person they'ld rather die than stop being a single entity.
>>
File: codependency1.jpg (18KB, 535x300px) Image search: [Google]
codependency1.jpg
18KB, 535x300px
>>85874211
>There is no clear delineation between codependent and interdependent
Yes there is. There has always been. The biggest key being how the couple react to time apart and disagreements. Example: If a couple fight almost every day to an emotionally high level to the point they are personally attacking each other all the time, that it escalates to nearing hate and either no apologies are made or if so it's in a hollow way and they still do not wish to end the relationship, that is a pretty big sign of codependency, because even thought they are hurting each other without stopping they have lost the ability to exist without the other.

A simpler example is this
Your mate just treats you like shit weekly abuse you and takes you for everything you are worth then toss you aside every time.. You have full ability to leave, no kids, no money issues, you can escape without fear. But you don't because you think you need him/her or even simpler you have history and its the best you have gotten. That's where your interdependence is gone, you threw that out and codependency comes in because you can not/will not exist without them, your health and emotional well being be damned.
>>
>>85857477
Meh, I think the jury is still out on whether Garnet was full of shit or not.

It looked like they were full of shit with Greg and Rose until We need to talk aired. I'm be interested in an episode about Garnet and early rebellion Ruby and Saphire working shit out.
>>
>>85856979
They got high on Fusion
>>
File: The_Answer_242.png (822KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The_Answer_242.png
822KB, 1920x1080px
>>85874686
This thing they do where they have to act lovey-dovey every time they unfuse could be interpreted as a kind of show, so people know they're together and the idea that they're faking is never brought up. It's more likely if that's the case that they do this for each other and for themselves. Maybe on some subconscious level they know they aren't in love, but do this to convince themselves. Like how some people who don't understand emotion act out emotions they don't feel so they don't seem unusual. R/S act out what they think love is so they can believe they're in love that much more strongly. it's why even in situations where they absolutely must not act like a couple, they do it anyway because HAHA WE'RE IN LOVE.

There's no such thing as love at first sight, or opposites attract. Codependency, real codependency is not a good thing. If they're actually in a relationship it's based on some really faulty ground work. The kind of ground work that creates a bad relationship.

But they're also the closest thing to a lesbian couple on kids tv there is. So of course they have to have magic immediate love that is completely unrealistic and doesn't need to be explained and if you try to explain it or point out it's unhealthy shame on you. Also, lesbians are magic, probably. And the rules are different because they're pure and perfect June bugs on a late summer afternoon. Or something. Whatever.
>>
>>85874686
I think it's disingenuous to claim that Rose has no idea what love is, she simply has never been in love with a human prior to Greg. And why would she? We are but mayflies to the Gem's long-lived states. Greg was the only one to get her to see that humans were more than mere oddities and amusements to pass the time that she couldn't be in Homeworld. He showed her that humans are complex, and worthy of life and consideration as Gems are.

This obviously appeals to Rose because it vindicates her decisions. She could, because of Greg's demonstration of humanity that demands to be placed on equal footing, believe what she did had a purpose. The Diamond she shattered, her comrade she imprisoned indefinitely, the comrades she had to abandon or deceive, it was all worth it that humanity had a chance to develop and become something of note.
>>
>>85857477
Yeah, that was bullshit since Ruby and Sapphire pretty much did fall in love at first sight. Garnet just wanted Jamie to GTFO.
>>
>>85856979
because rubies and saphires are literally the same gem just with different impurities.
>>
>>85875278
Okay:
a.) Avoid dropping shit like "We are but Mayflies" and that whole fucking line about "Oddities and amusements" that kind of language makes you sound like a fucking loveshy, man. It's cringe as fuck.
b.)
https://youtu.be/Yj2MRVHPfwc?t=1m35s This whole exchange, but specifically at around 2:45 Greg asks "Have you ever been in love with a human?" and Rose literally answers, "How would I know?" And I can all but guarantee you, based on the phrasing of the question her reply and all the other shit she does and says all throughout the series during flashbacks and shit, she doesn't mean the "With a human" part. Rose is an alien, but more so than any of the others. It's like Rose sometimes doesn't understand any kind of subtlety or emotion. The other gems at least seem to get the concept of love and keeping watch and protecting things. Rose literally let's a baby climb onto the outside of a Ferris wheel and does nothing to stop him or keep him safe. Literally saying "I watched him get on" after Greg yells that he asked her to watch him.

Rose is straight up broken. There's something not right with her that the other gems don't seem to touch. And even though she seems to be the oldest and most intellectual they all seem to understand shit she doesn't get at all.

What I'm saying is it's like Rose is retarded or something. She heard about love and got a run down, so she thinks affection of any sort is love. Like, maybe She's a great fighter and that's it. Rose was never meant for anything else, so she just kind of winged it and learned about shit on the fly and then insisted among the gems that they do what she said.

Or maybe you're right. Maybe she instead told Garnet she was love because she needed a physical powerhouse and a powerful future sighted gem on her side and it was super easy to convince Garnet who's mind was in an absolutely fucked state at the time. Maybe Rose is retarded, or maybe she's the greatest villain in history. Guess we'll see.
>>
>>85875011
>There's no such thing as love at first sight,

It wasn't love at first sight. I don't think you guys are truly understanding the nuance of fusion. It's more love at first fuck and even that is GROSSLY undervaluing it. It's not just their bodies that form together it's their entire being.

Imagine finding your soulmate and not having to deal with the tether of natural mortality. Why would you ever let them go?
>>
>>85856979
That's love for ya. its fucking stupid. two people who are nothing alike can work together but two people alike falls apart like shit.
>>
>>85875667
>I don't think you guys are truly understanding the nuance of fusion.

WELL ARENT YOU JUST THE FANCIEST LITTLE PIECE OF PRETENTIOUS SHIT? HOW DOES YOUR ASSHOLE SMELL LITTLE COWBOY? Yeah, no. Go fucking kill yourself. YOU don't understand the nuance of fusion, because you don't make the show and are drawing conclusions from the same information we are. You just think your answers are more right despite having no more information than we do, way to go.

Also, way to go, fucking someone and calling it true love? That's called building a serious relationship off a one night stand and is ALSO A VERY BAD RELATIONSHIP.
>>
>>85875638
She had no idea what Garnet was or would be capable. When she found her she barely knew how to move herself. I think more to the point she saw Garnet as something unique and wanted to see whatelse she had to offer and more so see that she survived. Rose isn't broken she's ignorant. She may be older than most human civilization but for all we know she spent most that time after the war taking in sights and watching humanity from a relative distance never really committing to deeply. We don't know if she ever experienced true romantic love until that point, we know she came from a society that probably didn't have much use for that kind of love. And she never said the answer was love, Garnet did over 5000 years later.
>>
File: mindful education.png (1MB, 1279x715px) Image search: [Google]
mindful education.png
1MB, 1279x715px
The answer fell into too much aesthetic pomp and really let down the characters. They got so engrossed into the fairytale art style and lore "reveals" that it became a love at first sight. Sugar's songs almost always have multiple layers of wordplay and painful homonyms but this one was just empty. Keystone Motel and Jailbreak did a much better job. I think that whole bomb wasn't really on point due to scheduling, budget, etc issues stalling out before season 3 could finally air.
>>
>>85858726
Rose and Greg
Steven and Connie
Lars and Sadie
>>
>>85876165
I didn't feel like Mindful Education had a good moral, either. It's like Garnet as R/S was trying to tell the kids that you can't bottle shit up, at which point she instead asks her partner to swat away the ideas. Literally, don't bottle up your thoughts, expect the other person in your relationship to help you either ignore them or fix them for you. It was all calm down and don't think about anything. Connie somehow actually got "I should go and talk to that kid and fix the problem myself" out of the song, but really Garnet seemed to be saying "Don't think about problems, don't fix them, don't worry about it. It'll get solved eventually."
>>
>>85871235
Steven as a character has changed a lot over the course of the show. Whenever I go back to an early season 1 episode, his childishness and naivety really sticks out like a sore thumb.
>>
Anyone have that fanart of Ruby and a sexy Sapphire? She's floating.
>>
>>85876267
But that's the whole point of Mindful Education. The show had the nerve to shoot down Garnet's advice and twist the ending to Steven's insurmountable problems that clash with Connie's everyday problems. The cliche you would expect is for Connie to think about it and resolve the problem that the episode created conveniently in 10 minutes. But after pulling jeff out of nowhere they tie it back to Rose from Steven Floats and the events in the finale. Steven takes Connie's advice not Garnet's. "They've got this" Garnet says but they don't. He can't change what he's done and it's not okay. In the song she says its okay over and over. The moral was that It's not okay to feel bad, but you have to do it even though you don't want to and can't fix the problem because its not a literal one.
>>
Are ya ready kids?
>>
>>85875878
>Also, way to go, fucking someone and calling it true love?
Lmfao see you completely missed my point. That's exactly why I said love at first fuck isn't even the right term (but its the closest humans can comprehend)

These are sentient hyper advanced space rocks that have lived 100x longer than you.
>>
>>85869786
could it be that they "evolved" in the process of becoming garnet?
that every time they fused it caused them to "evolve" and become more garnet than ruby and sapphire?
will it be possible that when they "evolve" enough...they will lose themselves and be garnet permanently?
the beings ruby and sapphire will be "deleted" in this "evolution" in order to be a "garnet" instead of a ruby and a sapphire?
>>
>>85858424
Are...are you ok, anon?
>>
>>85876526
You sound like an autist of the highest degree.
>>
>>85876267
I got "Yes everyone has problems large or small but you have people that love you and are willing to help you through whatever it is. You can feel bad but it's okay, you don't need to let it consume you...I'm here"
>>
File: Naamloos-2.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>85871904
so...the ass was fat?
>>
>>85876677
Not my fault you're trying to place human ideologies on a relationship between 5000+ year old beings.
>>
>>85876682
That could've been the moral, I guess. Except Steven doesn't share his problems at all and continues to try bottling them up and dealing with them and Connie already shared hers with Steven by that point and then solves them herself without anyone else, so...
>>
>>85876716
Motherfucker, this is a TV show for children. Written by humans for humans. It's not like this garbage is real in anyway, there are not 5000+ yo space monsters writing it. Saying "It's something humans wouldn't understand but we get it" is just acknowledging the highest form of laziness in writing. Fucking humans are writing this shit, if they can't explain it to other humans, or the retort for the statement "This looks like a fake and extremely unhealthy romance" is "They're just so old and extra special you could never understand" than maybe that person should try talking, because it aint like they aren't writing that garbage.

It's not even pulling a Lovecraft, where actions seem chaotic and nonsense and then the argument is that the intelligence of the one doing them is beyond human comprehension. It's literally, "We'r ein love!" Your relationship looks terrible." "We're monsters we don't have to try to explain!"

It's not my fault you're a hyper autist.
>>
>>85857477
Well, supposedly lesbian couples have the highest rate of domestic abuse, so they must be doing something wrong.
>>
File: Try not to think about it.png (610KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Try not to think about it.png
610KB, 1280x800px
>>85876733
"Sometimes you hurt people...by accident. You just have to try not to think about it"
Steven hints at his problems, which are deep-seated emotional problems rather than Connie's "All i had to do was apologize". Not saying she's not entitled to feel bad just that his problems won't go away that easy.

Hes a sweet baby boy who just wants to help everyone but he's never had to deal with people or situations like the ones with Bismuth, Jasper, and the Ruby. He also learned that the person he thought was this perfect being he should model himself after actually shattered a gem.
>>
>>85870357
>the first time Steven meets Ruby, she's violently obsessed with finding Sapphire and cannot focus on anything else

>the second time, both her and Sapphire are completely obsessed with each other in a much less positive way. They spend about fifteen seconds focusing on something else before it's right back to sweet sweet fusion macking

Then there was the baseball episode. Their mutual tunnel vision comes off as pathetic.
>>
>>85876484
perhaps...connie instinctively learned from garnet and decided to do the correct thing to do.
perhaps Stevonnie could be a better fusion in every sense of it.
even I dare to say that connie and steven are learning from the gems defects and problems in order to better themselves and be better persons in their lives, it's an amusing though that 2 little kids are learning from the gems defects, errors and mistakes in order to not commit the same thing again.
Mindful Education resulted in a double edge sword that some of the smart kids that see the show learn from it.
>>
>>85876907
>Then there was the baseball episode. Their mutual tunnel vision comes off as pathetic.

t. long time singlesman
>>
>>85876895
He is the reincarnation of a murderous lying pink traitor who lead her followers to a fate worse than death and then cheated on Pearl with a Greg but ultimately abandoned them both.
Them's some issues.
>>
>>85876895
I would really like to see those gems accidentally see the memories of steven and feel the emotions he felt when he was forced to do that to them or at least see and feel what he saw and felt in mindfull education.
I would love to see them feel like shit for a long time and apologize for hurting him like that.
>>
>>85856979
It's a slight twist on a knight and princess story. Knight saves princess from physical danger, princess saves knight from social danger, they run away to be happy together.
>>
>>85876966
>develop an understanding that they'll trick the HW rubies with the baseball ruse
>spend the entire episode flirting and just asking for them to get suspicious
>literally finish by fucking it all up with a fusion

Any couple who are given a mission and can't properly complete it because they're too much into each other's ass can fuck off.
>>
>>85876997
>tfw rose fuses with you to impress Greg
>>
>>85876907

> she's violently obsessed with finding Sapphire

Because they're in prison on a fucking spaceship and Ruby has no idea whether Sapphires even still in one piece anymore.

Also that's probably the first time they've been unfused for a long while.

> both her and Sapphire are completely obsessed with each other in a much less positive way.

They were disagreeing with each other about how to handle to Pearl situation, that isn't really weird or 'obsessive', Ruby was just pissed off that Sapphire always wants to be 'the bigger gem' about the problems they face, while Sapphire was mad that Ruby was just being stubborn and that they just need to forgive and forget, because future vision.

The baseball episode was the only time their relationship got them in trouble, but it was still pretty much entirely played for laughs because it's hard to take fucking baseball seriously. And in the end Sapphires determination to protect Ruby/their friends from the other Rubies lets her knock the ball out into the goddamn atmosphere and win the game.

The main problem with these two is that we've never seen them unfuse in a non-dangerous situation or without it being because of a fight. We'd need to see how they actually do spending a day or two away from each other doing their own thing.
>>
>"They're bad for each other"
>Not realizing Garnet herself understands she's not perfect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgseUOceeok

It's like you guys don't watch the show at all.
>>
You don't have anything in common with your waifu, either, OP.
>>
>>85877017
Except for Jasper. Jasper would laugh and kick him in the balls.
>>
>>85876267
>>85876682
I couldn't get a clear damn message from it because the whole thing just muck up fusions more.
I mean they come undone when guilt is high?
What does that say about Rose? She had a mountain of secrets and questionable deeds, was her conscience clear? If not how did the fusions never give telling secrets about her?

Also if a fusion shares very personal guilt about the two then it feels far less like they are a singular entity and it really is just two people in a trench coat.
>>
>>85875667
>Imagine finding your soulmate
Kid that shit doesn't exist. You find someone to love but there is no single one. Ever.

>not having to deal with the tether of natural mortality. Why would you ever let them go?
Because I'm not a codependent retard that has to suck out their asshole every moment we are together, if death is abnormally hard and rare "letting go" would seem pointless either way because there would be no sense of fearing lost time together.

You say we don't understand the nuance of fusion when it's more clear you don't understand the nuance of people and relationships.
>>
>>85876523
Quit playing, my hearts too weak for another fake leak.
>>
>>85857477
This made me so mad, Ruby and Sapphire a shit.
>>
>>85869786
Hm thats a possibility
>>
>>85865425
It's kinda sad when a meat based game can overload that ability
>>
>>85870164
Of course it has gay shit its an all female species.
>>
File: file.png (325KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
325KB, 500x375px
>>85856979
They're fucking lesbians man.
>>
>>85877357
>The main problem with these two is that we've never seen them unfuse in a non-dangerous situation or without it being because of a fight. We'd need to see how they actually do spending a day or two away from each other doing their own thing

But that's the thing: that's never going to happen. Unless their very existence depends on it like Hit the Diamond, they're not going to unfuse for any reason. Because of that, we can only judge their relationship with what we got, and what we got does not look good in the slightest.
>>
>>85860794
>three arms
>THREE ARMS
F O R E S H A D O W I N G
>>
File: b5e[1].jpg (75KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
b5e[1].jpg
75KB, 300x300px
>>85870164
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.