[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Batman solo really should be an adaptation of Under the Red

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

The Batman solo really should be an adaptation of Under the Red Hood.

The dynamic of the story would work better if it's given to us immediately, because it would alter the underlying message from "Why haven't you made an exception to kill the Joker?" to a more commercially relatable and meta "Why, after killing so many people, is the Joker still alive?".

We're presented with a Batman who, from what I can pick up, is pushed over the edge by the death of Robin to where he becomes more savage. He's not afraid of torture or casualties. But after Superman's death he corrects his path and stops the killing.

Presenting Red Hood immediately after Batman's redemption allows for character conflict amongst Batman ("I killed because Jason died, but he's really alive") and Jason ("He killed because of me, but not who I would have wanted him to") and really it's a far better moral conflict than basing the story around Batman's code and Jason not accepting it.

You would also have the dynamic of Joker being an actual gang boss, and Red Hood stealing his name and starting to take over Gotham's gangs. It's much more personal for Joker, and Jason revealing himself would be a fucking great punchline for Joker and tie the ending together.
>>
>>85850303
Or maybe... they do something entirely new?
>>
>>85850303

Except Batman has no qualms with killing in the EU.
>>
File: 1471865456841.png (93KB, 467x496px) Image search: [Google]
1471865456841.png
93KB, 467x496px
>>85850843
>I'm too stupid for a character arc in a summer blockbuster
>>
>>85850843
>I can't fucking read
Jesus Christ
what is the fucking average IQ of this board
>>
>>85850891
Higher than /tv/'s
>>
>>85850843
What the fuck is your problem? Jesus, go back to Tumblr you fucking tool.
>>
>>85851204
FALSE FLAG
>>
>>85850303
>The Batman solo really should be an adaptation of Under the Red Hood.

No. Just let Jason's corps lie in piece

>>85850693
That would be nice, but we both know that isn't going to happen.
>>
>>85850843
Its like you just skimmed OP. FUCKING READ HIS THREAD NEXT TIME IDIOT. He address this!
>>
Eh, we already have an UTRH adaption in cartoon form. I'm happy with that.

I actually prefer the way they seem to be going, a new story that is a noir detective film.
>>
>>85850693
Wasn't that BvS?
>>
>>85851338
Not really. BvS was a mash up of about 3 existing story lines.
>>
>>85851348
It took a few images from them but had almost nothing to do with them at all.
>>
>>85851359
I think it at the very least took the main story beats from them.
>>
File: joker dkr.jpg (81KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
joker dkr.jpg
81KB, 940x529px
>tfw your favorite Joker is the one from The Dark Knight Returns
>tfw no more specials or shows with this Joker
>>
Why can casuals just not get the fuck over this story? It's not important, it's not significant, the comic was a piece of shit and the cartoon was the only good thing to come out of it.

There are a quadrillion Batman stories to choose from, stop pushing this shitty one.

Remember when casuals wouldn't shut up about Hush? Who gives a shit about that story now?
>>
>>85851507
I bet you've never read a comic in your life, you pretentious faggot.
>>
>>85851507
>Let's not use the dead Robin that we teased like fuck and is the reason Bats is the fucking Punisher right now.
>>
>>85851717
He's not saying "let's not use Robin", he's saying "let's not use Robin in the same story we've already seen twice".

Dead Robin can provide motivation for Bruce, that's using Jason.
>>
>>85850303

I don't want to see something I've already seen before. Chances are WB would botch it and make this story even worse than it already is.

Let's get some new Batman villains featured instead of le joker and Ra's for a change.
>>
>>85851798
Agreed. It would be a waste for us to get UTRH, Flashpoint, Justice League vs Darkseid and Throne of Atlantis adaptions. We already have all of that.

Affleck has a fantastic record writing/directing, give him the reigns and no constraints.
>>
File: hi guys.gif (2MB, 256x320px) Image search: [Google]
hi guys.gif
2MB, 256x320px
Can't do Under the red hood if Joker and Harley both killed Jason now
Loses all the importance of the final confrontation if Harley was also beating him to death.
>>
File: 67667888u905.gif (453KB, 540x265px) Image search: [Google]
67667888u905.gif
453KB, 540x265px
>>85851798
you'll get more joker and like it loser
>>
>>85851338
Okay, do something new and hire a screenwriter other than Snyder.
>>
>>85851745
So learn nothing from the tepid responses to the DCEU and ignore the positive reactions to every other medium?
The "trying something new" method is what's getting WB into this mess, go back to the tried and true until at least they've earned back some audience trust.
"already seen twice" so you missed Arkham Knight? That would be 3 times even if he's not exactly named Red Hood.
WB is batting 0/3 for making iconic blockbusters that make people go crazy for their characters, they've lost product deals and probably investors going forward. If you really want to see just how badly the DCEU can fail keep telling them to "try something new and different" instead of giving people what they want of their well established characters. Then bitch and moan when each movie gets progressively worse ratings and smaller box office numbers until any WB/DC movie is regarded with the same disgust as Fantastic Four titles.
>>
>>85851967

I like mob boss Leto Joker, but I want to see other batman villains. I think the riddler would work really well in this edgy snyderverse or if you want something more contemporary throw in the court of owls, that'd be an interesting adaptation.
>>
File: 1456029044397.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [Google]
1456029044397.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>85851969
That's a given obvious point, but it's not going to happen.
>>
>>85850303
>Presenting Red Hood immediately after Batman's redemption allows for character conflict amongst Batman ("I killed because Jason died, but he's really alive") and Jason ("He killed because of me, but not who I would have wanted him to") and really it's a far better moral conflict than basing the story around Batman's code and Jason not accepting it.
Exactly this. BvS, in all its shoddiness and faults, actually builds on a good foundation for a decent Under the Red Hood film. I think the fact that SS established Joker more as a lowkey "le funney" gangster than the anarchical terrorist in TDK also gives Batman more leeway to not treat him as much of a threat as some people might perceive, and it balances out perfectly with Jason's frustration against Batman since the DCEU's Joker is more of a quirky mob boss than an all-out terrorist.
>>
File: mr freeze spooky.jpg (52KB, 615x398px) Image search: [Google]
mr freeze spooky.jpg
52KB, 615x398px
>>85852012
>tfw will never get a proper Mr. Freeze nor Clayface movie
>>
>>85852000
>they've lost product deals and probably investors going forward
[Citation needed]
>smaller box office numbers
They've all made money. Suicide Squad actually looks wildly successful from a financial standpoint.
>>
>>85852214
Arnie Freeze is still hilarious as fuck.
>>
File: mr freeze coolah.gif (835KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
mr freeze coolah.gif
835KB, 400x225px
>>85852258
I can't deny that, I want to hate Batman & Robin for nearly killing the franchise but fuck me if it isn't one of the funniest films ever made.
Also I kind of like Arnie's Mr. Freeze suit.
>>
That rumour that the Batman movie was going to be about Jason locking Joker and Batman up in Arkham together sounded pretty good.
>>
>>85852377
Seems too close to the Arkham Knight game.
>>
File: 1470853461527.jpg (528KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470853461527.jpg
528KB, 1000x800px
>>85851447
are you me? ;_;
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.