[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is his character considered "the best leader in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

File: dickgrayson.png (175KB, 800x969px) Image search: [Google]
dickgrayson.png
175KB, 800x969px
Why is his character considered "the best leader in the DCU"? I always hear people say this but given his actual leadership history, where most of his teams have failed, it feels like this title isn't deserved at all.
>>
>>85848309
TT is one of DC's oldest and consistent teams and Dick's been the leader on most of them and is considered the leader of the entire thing
The JL either changes with the roster or doesn't really have one leader

but mostly it's just something people say since he doesn't have much else and can easily just justify it as leading a team since he was younger than most
>>
>>85848309
He lead you to come here and make this topic. That's why.
>>
>>85848309
>most of his teams have failed
I'm calling bullshit on this. Examples or gtfo.
>>
Because Robin, or Dick, made Batman famous, and before WW he was considered the third wheel in the Trinity, between Superman and Batman, and also because the Nightwing persona is thought to be a cross betwee Batman and Superman, making better than both.
>>
Imagine someone who's got almost all of Batman's tactical ability, but is actually charasmatic instead of being a broody, paranoid autist.
Modern Batman isn't the type that people follow willingly, unless they're close to him, and that happens rarely.
I said MODERN Batman, remember, he wasn't always a shit.
>>
>>85848494
Batman isnt paranoid

>Modern Batman isn't the type that people follow willingly
i can think of several non-batfamily characters that would choose batman over superman every single time they had to.
>>
>>85848529

>Batman isnt paranoid

Im pretty sure that's his thing, like, people have said he's paranoid in canon conversations
>>
>>85848529
Not even Bruce himself would choose following Batman over Superman
>>
Its just a tacked on title his fans gave him that has not really ever resonated at all.
He's lead a lot of different teams but he is now almost exclusively a solo character which is at odds with the label.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 655x367px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 655x367px
>>85848309

Nightwing could be a better character.
>>
>>85848441
TT quit and left leadership to Cyborg
Outsiders quit because lol morals
Titans lol why am I even doing this
Justice League quit because I'm not Batman

Its not failure but
>>
>>85848494
Batman works with a lot of different people in the DCU anon this BS meme you are spouting hasn't been true in like a decade
>>
>>85848601
Superman is a terrible leader anon
He inspired the LOSH to become straight edgelords
>>
>>85848789
So this is a thread where we post lies then?
>>
>>85848789
>He inspired the LOSH to become straight edgelords

Better than them being fags.
>>
>>85848569
>Im pretty sure that's his thing

But you dont know what paranoid is.
And bruce isnt one either. He is anti-social.

>>85848739
He is a casual.
>>
>Best leader
I thought he was best known for having a cute butt and being one of the DCU's biggest sluts.
>>
>>85849026
>being one of the DCU's biggest sluts
Sadly not even that's true. That's even more false than the best leader thing.

Having a nice butt is the only thing said about him that's true. Along with being best Batman.
>>
>>85848681
>TT quit and left leadership to Cyborg
When Donna died and the team split?
Cyborg founded a new team with Young Justice. Dick had nothing to do with that.
>Outsiders quit because lol morals
When Batman came and took the team over?
>Titans lol why am I even doing this
Batman dies so Dick leaves. Raven dumps him so Gar leaves. Lian dies so Roy leaves. Wally is Mr. Mom and stops hanging out. Starfire and Cyborg join the JLA. Dick's fault how?
>Justice League quit because I'm not Batman
Flashpoint happened and the whole universe got reset?
>>
>>85849026
Dick is a pure slut
>>
>>85849098
Best Batman
>Not Jason
Get out Dickfags.
>>
So basically he lead the NTT in the 80s in some good stories and that makes him the best to some? The Teen Titans since then have been a disaster, his stint with the Outsiders was a failure and Batman had to come in and take over for him, and his time running the Justice League is looked at as one of the poorer JL runs.
>>
>>85849649
Says the Jasonfag
>>
>>85849669
also led the Justice League in the Obsidian Age
>>
I've never seen him described as the best leader.
A good leader, yes. Best ass in DC, yes. The heart of the DCU, yes.
But Best leader?
>>
>>85849117
>>Justice League quit because I'm not Batman
He's talking about Obsidian Age I think
>>
>>85849669
New Teen Titans is far and away the most popular team book DC has ever published.

The best leader meme pretty much stems from that
>>
Because if he's leading in front, you get to stare at his ass. Duh.
>>
>>85849840
Dick left the JLA after the Obsidian Age arc ended because he was pulling double-duty with the Titans the entire time.
>>
>>85849669
Are you blaming the writer or the character there?
>>
>>85848309

He's basically Batman without any of his drawbacks. Bruce is already considered by many to be a Mary Sue, so....yeah.
>>
So the guy leads pretty much the greatest team DC has ever had and people are at a lost as to why he's considered the best leader in DC.
>>
>>85848459
>Because Robin, or Dick, made Batman famous
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>85848681
you already answered your question. it's not failure but just resigning.
I would say he probably wants a normal life on the side. with a wife and family, but still can't really hang up the suit. he doesn't want a full time or at least have the same burdens as batman. He's basically batman without the mental obsession and stern attitude.
>>
It's just to contrast him with Batman. It's like a line just made up to put in that back of the action figure box
>>
>>85851764
>I would say he probably wants a normal life on the side. with a wife and family,

Eh, I just never saw Dick as someone wanting anything normal in life. Tim sure but Dick basically flunked out of business or law school because he basically didn't care about any of it and was more focused on his crime fighting life. Add to that his tendency to go for superheroines over normie women and the fact that most of his close connections are superheroes.
>>
>>85849751
>The heart of the DCU, yes.
This also seems like a big meme to me. Wally has more gravitas in that area than Dick.
>>
>>85848309
Because this character is all about power fantasy.
/co/ hates Mary Sue but loves Dick Grayson which is a funny paradox. It should remind you of the quality of this board.

Anyway, Dick Grayson is a character based of wanking and plot armorness. We're talking beyond Batman-level of wanking.
>>
>>85853418
>Dick Grayson
>having plot armor
I would love to read the books you read because all I ever see is him getting his ass kicked or killed to make batman feel sad
>>
>>85853561

Batman has had his ass kicked more times than Nightwing has. Exactly what point are you trying to make here? Why is "He loses fights sometimes" the most trodden ground that Dickfags stand on? Are you implying that he's the only hero who experiences failure?
>>
It's just fan headcannon to make adult Dick feel super special
>>
>>85853561
>sometimes he loses fights so he's not a Mary Sue

Dickfags are cancer
>>
>>85848309

When I think best leaders I think Superman or Batman. Nightwing is a good leader in a way he can keep people organized and focused. But Bats and Supes could do it better.
>>
>>85852562
Dick benefits hugely from being part of the Batfamily. There are a bunch of characters who outdo him in every area except The Ass but they don't get half the credit Dick gets.
>>
>>85848309
He can make genuine friends with people instead of just being team mates, which builds a strong bond of unspoken trust that regular leadership has to command to get.
According to Bruce he's the one person who made him laugh when he thought he'd never do so again. To make Batman laugh takes quite a character. In fact look how well he did with Damian too.

Personally I find he's less leadership material in the sense of authority or tactical genius or whatever, even though he has those moments, and more that he's the sort of person who can get two people who are arguing about where to go or don't want to even be in the same place to compromise in going where he wants because they both like being with Dick.
>>
>>85855633
It more seems to me that his fans are putting out shit to make him more than he is. Just compare Wally's role in Rebirth to Dick's role in Forever Evil.
>>
File: RCO003.jpg (666KB, 1600x1216px) Image search: [Google]
RCO003.jpg
666KB, 1600x1216px
>>85855746
It depends on when you started reading comics and what was in continuity when you did.
Dick used to have Superman as his second dad. Dick used to be the kid who grew up under the eye of the JLA. Leader of the Titans, friends with the JSA, team-up books with basically every major hero... Dick got traded to the Titans and COIE and Zero Hour stripped most of that history away and Flashpoint got rid of what was left.

>>85852562 makes a good point that Wally fills that spot. At least he did from the late 90's through the late 00s. That arc in Johns' run where Wally runs around reminding people of who he is after their memories got wiped? It's a credit to the work everyone put into the character after COIE that it hits the feels that effectively.

>>85855746
You're not really trying to compare the role of a Flash in a Crisis one-shot to the role of the Boy Hostage in a JLA event, are you? Wally was literally the viewpoint character in Rebirth. Dick was in Forever Evil as Batman's damsel in distress. Sidekicks in Refrigerators.

But this thread isn't about who's the "heart" of the DCU which is stupid as fuck because everyone knows that's Superman. This is about who's the best leader. And I don't know who DC has that does it better than Dick. What other teams in the DCU actually have a leader?
>>
>>85853418
>>85854929
>>85855083
>>85855225
/co/ has the shittiest memes
>>
>>85854929
>Batman has had his ass kicked more times than Nightwing has.
Batman has had more stories, retard
>>
>>85848309
I have literally never heard this in 20+ years.

I'm pretty sure Black Canary is the best leader in the DCU, although she doesn't typically get that called out.
>>
>>85848309
Not even Grayson can pull of that jacket in public.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.