[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Peter was actually shown to be a genius and wasn't a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

>Peter was actually shown to be a genius and wasn't a total pushover like Raimi’s Peter was
>Gwen was actually a character and wasn't just some damsel in distress
>Flash was still a jock and a bully, but he also was shown to be more than just a 2 dimensional stereotype
>Uncle Ben felt like a real uncle and father figure to Peter
>The origin was fleshed out more and the film has its own take on things instead of rehashing the plot from the comics/Raimi's films
>Connors was more of a Jekyll/Hyde type character who loses control due to him wanting to get his arm back
>Film has a theme about the consequences of playing God and messing with things you shouldn't
>Literally the perfect Spidey, from his quips to his fighting style

Why does everyone hate this movie again? It's a solid 7/10 at least.
>>
>>85844672
It was good but 2 wasn't as good and it looked like things were going in a bad direction
>>
File: ArmyofDarkness.jpg (81KB, 570x300px) Image search: [Google]
ArmyofDarkness.jpg
81KB, 570x300px
>>85844672
I liked it for the most part. I could have done without the stuff about his parents, and I didn't really understand why Gwen would like Peter, the two had no chemistry or similarities besides being smart. The action scenes were great, the last part with the construction workers helping him was a creative way of showing that the city's behind him.

It's not remembered as well as the Raimi movies because it doesn't have as many silly parts. Spider-Man 3 is still my favorite Spiderman movie because as actual quality dips, Raimi bullshit rises. Which is a special kind of comedy that no one else really gets right.
>>
>>85844843
You can tell since they made him do shit he didn't want to do, he just had fun with it.
>>
>>85844672
Garfield is fine as Spider Man, he just sucks as Peter. His life didnt suck enough and he was too composed in a lot of scenes. Theres supposed to be a clear confidence booster/attitude change when he puts on the costume. However ASM2's biggest fault was being a 2 hour trailer for Sinister Six instead of a strong stand alone narrative (which a lot of studios fall prey to when making shared universes). Focusing little on both Harry and Electro ultimately became a clusterfuck. Rhino was just a slap in the face
>>
>>85844843
>the two had no chemistry

Really? Most people would disagree.
>>
>>85844672
No matter how hard you shill this, it will never be good.
>>
>>85844843
>the two had no chemistry
they had chemistry, physics, and advanced math together. gym and home ec with Flash
>>
>>85844672
I liked it. I remember seeing it the same week as The Dark Knight Rises, and coming out thinking that I'd rather see TAS again than TDKR.

TAS2, though. I think it retroactively ruined good memories of this one.
>>
>>85844672

Because you're wrong about everything there. It was a bad movie and people are glad to forget it exists.
>>
>>85844672
>Peter was actually shown to be a genius and wasn't a total pushover like Raimi’s Peter was
No, quite the opposite. Tobey was a genius, Garfield was just an average high school kid with good grades.

Raimi
>Reads advanced Osborn papers by leading scientist Norman Osborn and gets complimented by him, a guy that rarely compliments anyone
>Reads, understand and even notices flaws in cutting edge theoretical technology from Otto.

Garfield
>Has to steal the web formula from oscorp
>Has to watch a youtube video aimed to kids to understand how electricity works
>Cant figure how a fucking magnet work (literally elementary school shit) and has to be reminded by Gwen
>Cant figure how to shut down the power plant and puts Gwen in risk by letting her help him
>It was just pressing a big fucking red button

I didnt read the rest because the first one already made me dismiss the rest of your shitpost

>Flash was blablabla
Flash was literally a 1 minute cameo in the first movie, it wasnt 2 dimensional, it was just not featured on the fucking movie. If it was, probably would be more developed.
>>
>>85846472
No, only you and a bunch of redditors liked the hip and cool Peter and the frog.
>>
There is barely any thematic connection between the first, the second movie and whatever the second movie was setting up as sequels. Assuming it was a trilogy, we ve seen 2/3 of it and literally nothing happened other than Gwen dying. One whole movie was wasted on the origin

Second movie was wasted on setting up a shit ton of crap for next movies then Osborn is dead, lil Osborn gets transformed and dies in 5 minutes, Dubslektro is completely irrelevant to everything, Peter is not really closer to solve the murder of his parents, the identity of the real mastermind was never shown or implied, would had to be a character not yet introduced in the first 2 movies. It has no sense of proper story or proper development.

Hell, Harry appears from thin air and disappears in the same way, you would have guessed Peter would have mentioned he was friend with the richest guy in the city. Or asked help intermediately when he found about the murder of his parents. Or at least try to contact him. But he doesnt. You can clearly see Harry inclusion is rushed and makes no sense.

Even if SM3 was shit at least it finished the tangible, developed journey of Harry and Peter. We've seen them as close friends, then Harry growing up resentful for his father liking more Peter, MK liking more Peter, then his hate for Spider-man, then his hate for both Peter and SM.

Then again, I repeat, SM3 was shitty, but at least it followed a coherent journey for the characters.

TASM is literally a family guy episode that goes to 1000 different places just to get nowhere.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.