[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So guys, a thought just popped into my head, and I haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: newgods03.jpg (70KB, 328x497px) Image search: [Google]
newgods03.jpg
70KB, 328x497px
So guys, a thought just popped into my head, and I haven't really thought through it but I think I may be on to something here.

So a few years back, DC sidelined Martian Manhunter and made Cyborg a core part of the Justice League, in part because they wanted to diversify it a bit.

At the same time, the origin of the Justice League was retooled to be because of an invasion of Earth by Darkseid, tying in the New Gods and everything associated with them.

Now the idea I had was, if they wanted to both diversify the League and make Darkseid and the Fourth World stuff relevant, so relevant that it will be part of two films that cost hundreds of millions of dollars a piece, then why did they go with Cyborg of all characters?

I feel like a better idea would have been to add Orion to the League and just make him a little darker than he is usually drawn. Even dark brown or black. He is after all the son of Darkseid, a dark purple rock guy. This would both satisfy the diversity requirement, tie in Darkseid and the New Gods into the League, make certain audiences happy that a badass noble warrior god is a black dude, and be a much, much cooler and more interesting character than Cyborg could ever be.

After typing this out I've already seen a few holes in my logic, but I still think I am on to something.
>>
>>85842406
They'd have to make Highfather and Mister Miracle black too for that to work, assuming the Pact is still in continuity.
>>
Because Teen Titans
>>
The easiest solution would've just been to make John Stewart the main GL, at least in respect to the wider public, but since DC/Johns were heavily pushing Hal at the time that was a no-no.
>>
I'd just use Mr Terrific or Vixen instead
>>
>>85842468

There is a black Mr. Miracle, Shilo Norman, who was Scott Free's apprentice. It could work. And Highfather could look like Morgan Freeman or someone like that if they really wanted to.
>>
>>85842637
Scott Free specifically would have to be black, seeing as an essential part of both of their origins is that they were switched at birth.
>>
>>85842675
It's not like they didn't know. Ignoring the good=white evil=black problem there's no reason Highfather and Scott couldn't still be white
>>
>instead of using an original non-white character and giving him a starring role, let's just take a white character and change his race

What the fuck are you doing you retarded nigger

This is literally the opposite of what anybody wants
>>
>>85842565
Vixen would be a neat choice as she's very versatile power-wise, and it would add another woman to the team.
>>
>>85842889
>It's not like they didn't know
They didn't know at the start of Kirby's stories.
>>
File: TheRedXTheory.jpg (19KB, 326x255px) Image search: [Google]
TheRedXTheory.jpg
19KB, 326x255px
Cyborg was also added since he was sort of the only black hero with any sort of wide appeal, due to the popularity of the Teen Titans carton. Hardly anyone knows who Orion is. The other solution would be to add John as the main Green Lantern, but that wont happen because people and fans seem to love Hal as the Official GL simply because he was first, even though as previously pointed out with Cyborg, he has more mass appeal due to being the main GL in the Justice League cartoon that many grew up with.

Its kind of a lose lose situation.
>Add Cyborg and people say "Where's John?"
>Add John and people say "Wheres Hal?"
>Add Vixen and they say "Wheres Hawkgirl?"
>Add all 3 and they say "Too many blacks!" McDuffie is always right

Who else could they have used really? Super Chief? Black Lightning? Diggle?
>>
>>85843170
KEk.

Cyborg was added to KEEP hal safe.

That's the only reason he is there, Johns being a fan of Hal. It's that simple.
>>
File: file.jpg (64KB, 531x796px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
64KB, 531x796px
>>85842565
Mr. Terrific is a great character and I'd like to see him used more beyond just JSA stuff
>>
>>85842956

I literally realized this as I was half way through my post, and that was one of the "holes in my logic" that I mentioned. And while I hate that kind of thing as much as anybody, I feel like the New Gods are some of the few characters that would work no matter what race they are. They are literally proto-human living thought-forms spawned from the Source itself. There is no reason they couldn't be black. It's not a matter of "Bruce Wayne couldn't be black" or "Peter Parker couldn't be black". Those are very specific human characters tied to a particular socioeconomic class and created in a certain era. The New Gods aren't quite the same and are much more open for interpretation.

However as I said, I can see the problem with that thinking, and your point is certainly valid.
>>
Good idea anon
>>
>>85842468
>>85842637

There's absolutely no reason that the New Gods on Genesis have to be white. Or even humanoids. Given the design for Stepenwolf that we saw in the deleted scene from BvS, it really looks like they are going for CGI/Motion Capture with them, so they will likely be bi-pedal but not necessarily either light or dark-skinned humanoids.

IF they did go with humanoids, there's absolutely no reason that the Genesis population, including the new gods, can't be POC.

>>85843170
I understand the logic and blame Teen Titans Go and The Cereal King. But I would have preferred they included more females and hopefully the Lanterns won't be one person and won't be Hal or Kyle or Guy. I wouldn't object to an Sector 2814 humanoid female of color from somewhere else in the Galaxy beyond Planet Earth, akin to how they did Gamora or the other aliens in GotG.

And I'd like to see them do some diversity now that they are going to go ahead with Dark Universe. I'm not fond of Cop John and he's fine as a white Brit, but Zatanna could be Eastern European, dark skinned and she could be a JL member as well as a JLD (or whatever they call it) member.
>>
>>85842956
>retarded nigers
I'm black and agree this is definitely the proper time to use the n word
>>
>>85847196
Wow, /co/mblr is real
>>
>>85847196
Steppenwolf and the New Gods from Apolokips in general were already shown to be grotesque and no-humanoid. That's not the case for the New Gods of New Genesis.
>>
>>85842406
Wait. Weren't most of the New Gods' human forms black in Seven Soldiers: Mister Miracle?
>>
>>85847290
You realize they've literally been black before in the comics right? No of course you don't you're from /tv/
>>
>>85847196
>Or even humanoids
Fuck off with this shit right here. The New Gods should absolutely be humanoid. Fuck are you on about

I wouldn't be upset at all if they changed some of their races in a logical manner but seriously defending the Steppenwolf design? Fuck off back to tumblr.
>>
>>85842406
nah
>>
>>85842956
You're right they should just give the Black Racer a prominent role. Starting with his origin of being a paralyzed black veteran who takes on the mantel of Death on skis.
>>
>>85849524
What if they make Cyborg the Black Racer
>>
>>85849702
Well then they'd have to kill off Cyborg, their one black superhero so they can have him be the incarnation of death for the New Gods.
>>
>>85842406
>why did they go with Cyborg
his origin is being healed and fused with a Mother Box
>>
>>85849761
They can just add a couple more members to distract from that. Katana, Vixen, both Hal and John

It's foolproof man. I saved the DCEU.
>>
I'm legit terrified about how DC will handle the New Gods.

I don't really care if they're black or white or anything as long as they're well handled.
For the diversity problem, DC is retarded, they should've made John the GL, and if Johns is so mad about GL not being Hal, just pull a JLU Flash and make him be a mix of Hal, John and Kyle, hell, they might even put in that arab dude whose name I forgot and make MM be John Jones and do the cartoon origin
>>
>>85849823
Yeah that's his origin in Geoff John's movie pitch, but his classic origin is just being the son of robotics engineer who had an accident. They could have gone with another black hero.
>>
>>85843170
>e Hal as the Official GL simply because he was first, even though as previously pointed out with Cyborg, he has more mass appeal due to being the main GL
Hal isn't the GL in the JL right now. It's Jessica and Simon, is anyone really complaining about that?
>>
>>85842406
>the big fighty guy prone to chimping the fuck out should be black
>that'll score us diversity points
>>
>>85847290

If you say so which is the type of argument you seem capable of.

>>85847435
I wasn't defending anything about BvS. However, they can't change that change (and don't intend to just like they won't recast anyone or change anything that's happened in MoS or BvS until the movies are re-booted, likely meaning post 2020 - likely no earlier than 2024.
>>
>>85849996
Alan Scott was the first. And for that matter, Abin Sur and the other Lanterns were Lanterns before Hal even crashed his first plane.
>>
>>85844484
>They are literally proto-human living thought-forms spawned from the Source itself.

Morrison pls go
>>
>>85842565
What would Mr. Terrific add to the team that wasn't already brought in by Batman?
>>
>>85843311
I really want that jacket.

I'm not black, though.

Shame.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.