[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When are they going to put Harrison Wells in the DC Comics universe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: deal with it, Barry.gif (606KB, 226x225px) Image search: [Google]
deal with it, Barry.gif
606KB, 226x225px
When are they going to put Harrison Wells in the DC Comics universe?

They have added characters like Diggle, for example
>>
The real harrison wells wouldnt fit in the comics. The one we all know and love is just the RF in a bodysuit
>>
File: Untitled.png (287KB, 569x536px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
287KB, 569x536px
>>85839045

but what about Harry
>>
>>85839090
We have enough asshole characters tho.
>>
They probably only used him on the show because they didn't have the rights to any actual Star Labs scientists. Comics can use Hamilton and such so why use Wells?
>>
>>85839208
Because turning an actual Star Labs character from the comics into Eobard would be shitty
>>
>>85839208
They used Tina Mcgee!
>>
>>85839004
in a podcast writer of flash comics said he intended to bring him in but geoff johns rejected it.
>>
>>85840339
Thank you based Johns
>>
>>85840351
yeah apparently johns has a no "cw synergy" mandate on comics and wants to keep comics seperate.

the damage is done for flash though. i guess they are going to reserve a comics only status quo until movies.
>>
>>85840404
Do you have a link to this? I kind of want to listen to it now, like hearing the tidbits of how much Johns is doing.
>>
>>85840493
http://www.multiversitycomics.com/podcasts/the-dc3cast-24/
>>
>>85840493
samefagging but I feel like Johns has backtracked on closely following CW shows after that backfired with Arrow and their producers constantly mocked comic readers.

I'm not sure the reaction to black wally effected his opinion as he has a huge hand in enforcing him in the first place.
>>
>>85839004
Why? Diggle I could see, because hes honestly the only good thing to come from ARROW and Oliver could use more supporting characters, but I dont see Wells adding anything to the Flash universe
>>
>>85840751
Thanks m8

>>85840818
Kind of seems like he took their "no Ollie/Dinah" stuff pretty hard with how he's been pushing it since they shit on it.
>>
>>85839004
The one good Wells was actually Thawne the whole time. And Nu52's Zoom is already borrowing from show's RF design.

Other Wellses would be but a footnote in the comics. On the show they only work because of Tom Cavanagh being a fan favourite.
>>
>>85839208
They had all the rights. Wells was used because he was but a footnote prior to that, so him being Eobard wouldn't cause much rukus.

(Dr. Wells first appeared as a villain in Superfriends, and then in the 90's TV Flash's tie-in comics)
>>
>>85840404
Strange, considering that they used the godawful show design for GA's Rebirth costume and brought in Diggle.
>>
>>85841090
Diggle was established before Rebirth.
>>
His character is kind of similar with Niles Caulder from the Doom Patrol in some aspects - genius douchebag, stuck in a wheelchair, acts as a mentor for a group of heroes and even had a "traitor" story.
>>
>>85841090
Ehhh it's not exactly the same, besides he has goatee back.
I think it's just that they are not going to bring in more synergy rather than getting rid of what worked before (i.e diggle)

Also Flash has a movie coming up, they will need to balance the comics.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.