[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bruce Wayne to die in new Batman comic? Nrama: But Tom, you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: BM_Cv6.jpg (71KB, 575x357px) Image search: [Google]
BM_Cv6.jpg
71KB, 575x357px
Bruce Wayne to die in new Batman comic?
Nrama: But Tom, you say something about Batman's death.

King: Yeah, this comes from Scott Snyder, who's probably going to kill me for sharing this. But he's one of my best friends, and he gave me this great advice. And he got the advice from Grant Morrison, who said, when you're writing Batman, you know, you're going to have a run on Batman and you have to give him a birth, and you have to give him a death. And that's your Batman. You don't own the character. The character belongs to pop culture. He belongs to everyone. The character belongs to everyone's heart.

Just brought Bruce Wayne back earlier this year and they're already planning to kill him. Starting to sound like Marvel with that kind of BS.
>>
>>85834314
>he gave me this great advice. And he got the advice from Grant Morrison, who said, when you're writing Batman, you know, you're going to have a run on Batman and you have to give him a birth, and you have to give him a death. And that's your Batman.

I mean I don't mind the idea of Batman having numerous possible deaths but do we need to have a story about it every time
>>
>>85834347
yup.This is the end of Bruce Wayne as Batman,"
>>
>>85834347

I'm pretty sure Grant Morrison didn't mean "birth" and "death" literally. Bruce never died in his Batman R.I.P. story.
>>
>>85834314
I bet it's gonna be a "batman's dead but he isn't really dead" DKR riff.
>>
>quoting the NRama article
>not the comic itself

Fuck off, OP. Read a goddamn comic.
>>
Duke is Batman ? right like they need to stop fucking .
>>
>>85834459
>quoting Tom King it is canon. they're already planning to kill him. for Black Batman Duke.
>>
Like most of King's run so far the death thing feels a bit unearned, like we're just diving headfirst into ideas without giving them time to build properly. This applies even on a page to page level, his issues feel insanely fast paced at times to the point where one speech bubble from Batman is leaping and bounding through like 5 plot points. And suddenly oh my fuck in one narration bubble on the last page we're now flashing forward to what I guess is a conceptual possible version of Batman's death specific to this run. It is all too eager to get wherever it's going instead of taking the journey.
>>
>>85834421
Even a metaphorical "death" and "rebirth" is overplayed at this point. Do we really need gritty over serious loner Batman in order to transition into a "lighter" Batman?
>>
Year Zero made me drop the book, and I don't think "Blackman" is going to bring me back.
>>
>>85834314
I like to think of it as happening in the distant, obscure future. Of course he's going to die - but not NOW.

You could even cold open with him dying, spoil the ending, but I feel like the meat and potatoes of Batman is him persevering and surviving against impossible odds. Batman isn't some jackass in a cape. He's Batman.

(Although you could make him like that in an Elseworlds story, a oneshot? Wouldn't count though. The "Real" Batman would still be alive.)

And any of the possible inheritors have consistently proven themselves unworthy of the mantle. It seems like the writers and the "public" have this sense about the Zeitgeist of it. There is one Batman. He is not a Robin or former Robin. Not really. You cannot live up to that shadow.
>>
>>85834725
>I like to think of it as happening in the distant, obscure future. Of course he's going to die - but not NOW.
Because unlike the autists ITT you've actually read the comic and understand the context in which it was brought up.
>>
>>85834314
Scott Snyder Confirms it .
>>
>>85834946
>I like to think of it as happening in the distant, obscure future. Of course he's going to die - but not NOW.
Nope.Scott Snyder Confirms it .
>>
>>85834979
urg no.
>>
>>85834958
>>85834979
Post properly, you fucking retard. Full sentences. Information. Don't just repeat yourself like a robot.
And correct fucking formatting wouldn't be amiss either.
>>
I think at this point continuity is so flexible that it doesn't really matter.

As long as it's not a true 'death' like it was in Endgame and is more like it was in Final Crisis, then I'm game.
>>
>>85835152
Scott Snyder pls. In 10 years it wont be remembered hell in 2 years it wont be remembered.
>>
Two Snyders. One Batman. Can they kill the franchise?
>>
I would like to see Dick take up the mantle of Batman again, but it doesn't seem like that's the case ..
>>
>>85834314
its a metaphor
death as in death to deal with
like his parents
like morrison killed damian
like snyder killed wayne enterprises
>>
They're just going to start killing Bruce every couple of years now. It's going to become a running gag. "Okay, okay, who wears the suit THIS time?"
>>
>Batman will die and Bruce becomes Starman
>Dick takes up the mantle and Damian becomes his sidekick again

Make it happen CIA
>>
>>85834314
Jesus that image, could they have made it more rapey?
>>
>>85836266
>Bruce becomes Starman

Woah, I never knew I wanted this.

What if he became like the new Spectre?
>>
>>85834638

I think there's more variety in what to do with metaphorical birth and death then you're thinking. There is no requirement that either the birth nor the death be "gritty." You could have an entirely light and upbeat Batman run which involved a look at him getting started (could be the moment where his parents are killed, could also be his first time trying to go out on the streets dressed like a bat and the funny little problems he has to figure out while learning to do that stuff initially) and a look at him reaching a conclusion of some sort (could be a dramatic defeat where he has to reflect and change what he's doing to emerge as something new, could also be how he's now settled into the role as Gotham's protector after saving everyone from the biggest potential catastrophe they've faced yet, with everyone happy and partying and the bat signal projecting the words "THANK YOU" to show their appreciation for everything he's done).
>>
I'm actually surprised, when I saw the headline my first thought was "for God' sake, who's gay now?". I'm glad I was wrong.
>>
> I gave him a birth. I mean, he literally flew between two buildings - one was Finger and one was Kane. And he came out the other side.
Wait, so there was subtle vagina imagery?
>>
File: 1472052928119.jpg (536KB, 1080x1660px) Image search: [Google]
1472052928119.jpg
536KB, 1080x1660px
>>85837005
>racemixing agenda:
Yeah it's obvious DC doesn't have an issue with either, but even in the actual interview he's being ambiguous with future events actually occurring.
>>
You fools, Duke won't become the next Batman. It'll be the Calendar Man. Tom King already gave you guys all the clues in the Rebirth one shot.

Batman is immortal like Calendar Man now, with both of them constantly dying and being reborn. Batman will ask him to take his place while he dies a bit.
>>
>>85837625

RICED!
>>
>>85837625

Hah, this reminds me that Barbara has had more one night stands than Dick since the reboot.
>>
>>85837625
>From a black dude to an Asian dude
Does babs have an interracial fetish?
>>
>>85838005
>ttp://www.newsarama.com/30684-tom-king-on-batman-5-s-surprises-and-revelations-about-the-future.html
>>85838005
White Girl
>>
I think this a convenient time for an actual, physical death for Bruce Wayne.

The DC Rebirth universe has some time shenanigans going on: someone is messing with the time line.

Bruce Wayne dies.Stays dead for a while.
The time line is fixed.
Bruce Wayne is back!
>>
>Bruce Wayne dies by some random mugger like his parents after taking his "family" on a night out to clear their minds after something happens
Would that not be the most ironic ending?
>>
>>85835234
Yes it will. You faggots never forget anything.
All these years later and fanbois are still apoplectic about the effects of Crisis on Infinite Earths.
>>
File: Black Manta.jpg (129KB, 590x609px) Image search: [Google]
Black Manta.jpg
129KB, 590x609px
>>85835152

>Post properly, you fucking retard.
>Full sentences.
>Information.

Maybe you should look up what makes up a sentence, kid.
>>
Anyone else think at this point rather than breaking down in tears the Batfamilys response would be a betting pool on how long he stays dead? I mean about 3/4s of them have either been resurrected or faked their own death.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.