[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never read Action Comics/Superman comics before but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Action Comics 000.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Action Comics 000.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
I've never read Action Comics/Superman comics before but I thought the Rebirth would be a good time to start.

Guess it's not.

I get that there are two Supermen - one from the current universe that died and one from another universe that has a superson. But then who the fuck is that non-Superman Clark Kent? And why is there a Lois Lane Superwoman? Is she the same Lois Lane that current universe (dead) Clark Kent was dating or is she from a completely different third universe?

Also, has Lex always been good? Also, is there really a new Chinese Superman?
>>
>But then who the fuck is that non-Superman Clark Kent?

We don't know yet and might not know until December judging by the solicits

>And why is there a Lois Lane Superwoman?

as the new 52 Superman died a bolt of energy went into her

>Is she the same Lois Lane that current universe (dead) Clark Kent was dating or is she from a completely different third universe?

they weren't dating yet but yes it's her (and Lana, read the #1)

>Also, has Lex always been good?

yeah but it's probably a long con thing

>Also, is there really a new Chinese Superman?

yeah his book is the best and in fact I would say drop the others and just read New Super-Man
>>
The best Rebirth Superman titles are the ones not starring Superman.
New Super-Man, Superwoman, and Supergirl are off to good starts.
>>
>>85828561
>Also, has Lex always been good?
Not always, but he's been on the side of the heroes since Forever Evil, and a member of the Justice League since a little afterwards.
Yes, it's weird, like Ocelot being the voice of reason in MGSV.
>Also, is there really a new Chinese Superman?
Yeah, and he's fun as hell. Kon-El might be fucked, but this is the next best thing.
>>
>We need to revitalize Superman.
>Bring me Dan Jurgens!
Why did they do this dumb thing?
>>
>>85828819
There's no real logic behind it. Plenty of people at DC could handle it better.

I knew it was doomed during the Rebirth announcement stream when he didn't even know new 52 Supergirl's dad was Cyborg Superman. And considering all the rest of his continuity errors he did not even read anything pre-Flashpoint for research.
>>
>>85828917
It's like the New 52 Superman book.
This hideous mess that nobody knows what to do with.

Shit, if they were just going to retread old ground anyway they should have gotten Cornell on board.
>>
>>85828973
I think Cornell is doing TV shit again, wouldn't have minded for him to come back to Lex though. It's a shame they teased all this "SuperLex totally matters guys" stuff and he hasn't done shit and doesn't even have his own book.
>>
>>85828699
Wait Superman Rebirth isn't good? I haven't picked it up yet but loved Tomasi and Gleason on Batman and Robin, I figured the father and son dynamic by them on Superman would be great. That's disappointing to hear.
>>
>>85828561
Don't listen to this guy >>85828699, he's just waifufag.
>>
>>85829093
Not him but /co/ generally likes it. I can't read it though because my brain decided to be a characterfag on this and Jon isn't Chris.
>>
>>85829093
It's been great so far, he handles Jon really well.
>>
>>85828561
The status quo is fucking messy for the moment but Superman is great. Action Comics is just a punchfest if you like that thing.
>>
>>85828561
There's ONLY one Superman, not counting the one in China (who isn't the Super-Man in the sense that Miles Morales took over for Peter upon his death or anything like that).

The dead Superman (its good to call him Superbro here and the live one Superdad if you are wanting to have this kind of discussion), NEVER dates any Lois Lane, he dated Wonderwoman, but yet the Lois you are referring to as SW is from the current universe.

No, Lex has never been good. EVER.
>>
>>85828751
>he's been on the side of the heroes
He's been on his own side; such as bribing and threatening Bruce to get on the JL and keeping depowered Clark away, the shit he pulled during Darkseid War, etc.

He's possibly some people's idea of anti-hero good, but no, for all Luthorian intents and purposes NOT.
>>
>>85831702
Right now his plan just seems to be "Usurp the name of Superman and be a better protector than he was".
Which might be a fucked up way to go about it, and I'm not going to start calling him a hero, but for the moment, he's on their side.
>>
>>85828819
>Revitalize Superman
people wanted the old Superman so it make sense they placed a tried and tested writer on it. Jurgen's isn't great but at least his worst isn't terrible and he gave us Booster Gold so it's not all bad.
>>
>>85831876
>Usurp the name
For canonical Luthor to want to wear the shield, much less buy the Planet from Galaxy (since that who was owning it since the Perez run with the start of the New 52) just to have the actual cape (and I argue why the League, which had access to the cape since Bruce and Diana were both present, much less that Lana was also present - would waste the time giving the cape to the Planet since last we saw Perry had fired Clark and called him a liar), it would be simply to prove he was still better than an alien. The last page of the most recent issue, where he goes off and says he wants to show a human can do the job is part and parcel of this.

But mostly it shows that Jurgen is an idiot who's proven in interviews and webcasts/DC marketing videos that he's never really read much of the Superman titles or much Superman in the New 52, and he's just creating drama to fit whatever plot he thinks he's re-visiting/improving (Reign of Superman for now) and his editors are too idiotic to pay attention to how the continuity is simply being ignored.

tl;dr
>Luthor is still out for Luthor.
If someone(s) is/are helped while he's after his gold star, well that's just a by-product.
>The side Luthor is on is Luthor's.
IF the long game isn't Victory for Luthor, he'd still kill a guard just like he did the Otis guy in Trinity War (just to name ONE specific instance) without batting an eyelash.
>>
>>85832280
The Booster Gold he "gave us" sucked.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.