[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't the guy the best fighter on Earth? How is it that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: savage_2185.jpg (12KB, 250x374px) Image search: [Google]
savage_2185.jpg
12KB, 250x374px
Why isn't the guy the best fighter on Earth? How is it that some people with only a few years to one or two decades of martial arts skills, beat a guy who had thousands of years to perfect his skills?
>>
Maybe he just doesn't have the affinity for it? Practice doesn't actually make perfect.

And there's other stuff worth studying too that he IS good at. Don't bully the man.
>>
Can savage remember everything or his memory capped in some way?
>>
>>85813740
Yeah I get the impression that Savage was always more of a behind the scenes guy
>>
>>85813772
I'm sure he forgets the little details like the rest of us. I know he's had to be reminded by other characters of the various awful things he's done
>>
>>85813740
I'm just saying that he should be Batman on crack. The guy who can outbat the bat, make Ra's look like a wanna be, and be among the greatest minds, if not the greatest on Earth. Make Lex feel like he is small time.
>>
>>85813666
That's assuming he spends his time practicing and updating his skills. He might just adapt to whatever fighting style is being used in the region he is in during the time. Forgetting things over time. It's the same reason he isn't the worlds greatest hunter or black smith. The only thing he's done fairly consistently throughout time is conquest. And they usually show him of being capable of creating pretty impressive tactics or plans. And if you're goal is a leadership position martial arts or front line fighting isn't really a priority.
>>
File: The Great Gazoo.gif (696KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
The Great Gazoo.gif
696KB, 500x375px
>>85813827
>and be among the greatest minds
He's a fucking caveman.
Literally.
>>
>>85813900
When compared to aliens, we all are. Leave Bedrock and never come back Gazoo!
>>
>>85813900
>>85813933
You think he's going to show up in the Flinstones?
>>
Mastering martial arts requires a lot of motivation and dedication, and being immortal kinda kills your motivation for self defense.
>>
Vandal Savage is a lazy fuck. Being immortal means fuck self-defense and when he fights he relies on caveman strength.
>>
>>85813956
Would be awesome.
>>
Gimmick Infringement
He can't be super smart because then the super smart heroes/villains are made out to be somehow less important
He can't be crazy prepared or the worlds greatest martial artist for the same reason

You can't have a character infringe on another characters territory either in power or skills unless one character jobs

Yes I know how stupid that is but it is what happens
>>
>>85813666
He's slacker. He never had to be the best, just good enough to get what he wants, so there was no need to perfect some skills. Also with a life expection of "forever" one can become quite laid-back if he faces setbacks (I couldn't get the macguffin? Well, let's see how well his grandchildren will guard it..)
>>
>>85813956

Perhaps as a hallucination in a "Flintstone of Zur-En-Arrh"
>>
For the longest time I thought this dude's name was Randal Savage.
>>
He's the Jack of all trades, master of none
>>
Vandal would grab the jaw and rip open the skull of this entire thread. Fucking /co/ I swear.
>>
>>85813900
Early Homo Sapiens were just as smart as we are. They just didn't have five thousand years of progress to learn from. If he kept up with developments and didn't forget everything he could be the best educated man on Earth and the best fighter too.
>>
>>85816292

Better than a master of one.
>>
>>85816461
Is it? Lady Shiva is a master of one thing, Martial Arts, and before Flashpoint, she was one of the most dangerous characters on the planet.

And don't say "Martial Arts" is a lot of things, I know that, but for the purposes of the "Jack of All Trades" thing, it's all lumps in under "hand-to-hand".
>>
>>85813666
If time was all you required to master something, then a lot of neets would have done it.
>>
>>85813666

because he's a stupid barbarian
>>
>>85816536
It's hard for me to take martial arts mastery seriously when there are thousands who could kill said fighters from a mile away
>>
>>85816935
You realize you're reading cape comics, right? When you start to wonder "Why don't they just have a sniper take them out from a mile away?" you really should take that as a hint you're no longer interested in the genre.
>>
If you spend ten thousand years fighting like a caveman, you're going to have some hard to break and very bad habits.
>>
>>85815995
That's pretty macho, man.
>>
>>85813666

Because he's an arrogant asshole.

Vandal Savage's greatest gift is also his greatest weakness. He doesn't need to be the "best" because eventually the people who are giving him shit will eventually die while Vandal will keep being Vandal.

As said he's also SUPER arrogant in a way which make's Lex ask him about having a bit too much of an ego. Vandal believes he deserves to rule to world because he's immortal. Ra's is also immortal and have "world domination" views, but Ra's isn't doing it because he's like "well I'm immortal so I should".

Vandal is basically the best example of that wealthy asshole born with a silver spoon in his mouth who just expects things to be handed to him.
>>
It always seemed to me that Savage never cared about training himself that way. Why would he bother when he's already fucking huge and naturally strong anyway? But more importantly, Savage focuses on acquiring political and military power, which makes him far more powerful in a different way and much more dangerous anyway.

>>85813772
Didn't he admit once that he actually forgets large swathes of his life? But probably remembers all the big key moments anyway?
>>
>>85813666

Jack of all trades, Satan.

He has knowledge on most anything, but he can't be the best at everything.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.