[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone on /co/ explain this punch to me? I see it and variations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

Can anyone on /co/ explain this punch to me? I see it and variations of it all the time in cape comics, and its never made sense to me.
>>
>>85810898
Superheros have terrible eye-hand coordination.
>>
It looks weird because they try go for shoulders/breasts/lungs
Then both do it, and it looks awkward because both is punching down for some stupid reason.
>>
>>85810898
It's a cliche typical pose comics use to show two powerhouses going at it. Comics arent really good at showing action, just "poses".
>>
i always imagine it as both guys just took a shot at one another's chins, and the image shows them in the follow through
>>
People who create comics almost exclusively experience fights through the lens of being beaten up in high school. That's why almost every superhero fight looks like a bully beating the shit out of a helpless nerd.
>>
>>85811037
That's what it's supposed to be, it'd be clearer if they drew the heads recoiling
>>
>>85810898
You never tried to punch someone across the chest OP?
>>
Blue Marvel connected to the chin before the other guy landed and caused him to miss

t. watches alot of fights
>>
It's the aggressive chest bump, also known as the outsider gorilla, a vey common Australian Ninjitsu technique.
>>
>>85811065
Something tells me Jack Kirby was more likely the one beating on his potential bullies.
>>
>>85811065
Why are all comic book writers such worthless shit?
>>
>>85814066
I think this is an artist issue
>>
File: kyovsryu.jpg (95KB, 730x800px) Image search: [Google]
kyovsryu.jpg
95KB, 730x800px
>>85810898
looking for something like this, where both punches connect, but both fighters are good and keep going at it?
>>
>>85810898
Failing to punch the jaw vs failing to punch the liver.
Alternatively they did punch it but it just grazed off.
>>
>>85814066
>>85814149
They just reflect their readership.
>>
>>85811164
punch? no, but kick, yes. Now, if you punch someone on the chin, you can rattle their brain, and then follow through with another punch, kick or force their head into your knee.
>>
Its a cross counter drawn by some one who has never so much as seen a fight
>>
File: Ashita-no-Joe-cross_counter[1].jpg (304KB, 598x955px) Image search: [Google]
Ashita-no-Joe-cross_counter[1].jpg
304KB, 598x955px
The Kirby style posing makes it look so very stiff.

And the lefieldium on the feet helps hide that their physical positions make no sense in OP's image.

>>85814568
JOOOOOOEEEEEEEE
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.