[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why despite having an actual supporting cast and rogues'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: StootoocShook.jpg (622KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
StootoocShook.jpg
622KB, 900x1350px
So why despite having an actual supporting cast and rogues' gallery, a small but loyal following thanks to the cartoon, and Milestone Comics generally being on good terms with DC, is Static not pushed as the black guy of the Justice League instead of Cyborg? Too young? Just age him up a bit. It's so fucking mindboggling why DC's basically having to rework Cyborg from the ground up so they can have a token black guy in the JL when they already have their own black superhero with his own history, villains, and conflicts.
>>
>>85802309
I think the decision to make Cyborg the JL black token guy was made by someone important, they are even pushing him on the Justice League movie, he is a Titans character, the last token blacks the JL had were Black Lightning and Vixen.
>>
>>85802410
>the last token blacks the JL had were Black Lightning and Vixen.

Also Steel during the 90s.
>>
>>85802435
very briefly.
>>
>>85802309

Static is tricky. For him to fit in with the league he would have to be aged up but in doing that he losses his appeal. If you kept him a teen he would look like the leagues Little Buddy at best, Pet Nigger at worst
>>
>>85802457
Go for a balance by aging him up a little, old enough to be recognized as a superhero, young enough to be seen as a rookie. Kind of like Kyle Rayner from Morrison's JLA run.
>>
He costs extra money to use
>>
>>85802494
>He costs extra money to use

Fucking nigger!
>>
Wait, you want Static in the JLA? You want Static who is younger than Cyborg to be in the JLA where he will take a back seat to everyone including any new members because he wasn't created over 50 years ago? I would rather him be on his own team than JLA or Teen Titans.
>>
>>85802501
Cyborg doesn't belong in the JL.
>>
>>85802516
Yeah, despite it being around 5 years, Cyborg still hasn't felt right alongside the Justice League, because he hasn't had any of his own villains or backstory when you peel Titans stuff away. GL, Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Batman, and Supes all have their own supporting casts and stories of their own, while DC struggles to get Cyborg something for himself. Meanwhile, Static's had more of a self-narrative to work with thanks to both his comics and cartoon run, putting himself on more even ground with the rest of the League than Cyborg.
>>
>>85802516
He belongs there more than Static does and it's not like he would be doing anything of note on the Teen Titans
>>
>>85802556
He was member of the Titans in their definitive run!

Talking about Titans, isn't weird that Suicide Squad got his own movie but nothing about the Titans?
>>
>>85802593
And what defining thing did he do during this run that made him so necessary to be on the Titans? The only thing I know about that run was Raven trying to fuck Dick using her powers.
>>
>>85802593
No. The most defining thing about the Titans is that they have Robin. Otherwise TT is SS tier to normies which means its just a matter of picking which sounds the most appealing to them.

Which then boils it down to Slut Harley and bunch of expandable psychos vs. Batman's cock holder and bunch of meh no names.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.