[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me some Radioactive Man recs, /co/. I already read Morrison's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: radioactive-001.jpg (89KB, 488x750px) Image search: [Google]
radioactive-001.jpg
89KB, 488x750px
Give me some Radioactive Man recs, /co/.

I already read Morrison's All-Nuclear Radioactive Man and I recently started Stan Lee's run. I want more though.
>>
>>85798641
O'Neal/Adams run (216-227)
Byrne run (some people don't like it, I thought it was cool) (412-460)
Moore run (600-679)
Morrison run (964-1000)
Bendis run (yeah, I know, this is from before he was bad, and the Bendispeak is surprisingly low) (Claude Kane III: Radioactive Man 1-25)
Irradiated Tales of Radioactive Man (the whole series is gold, especially the issues by Ennis and Cooke)
The Atomic Avenger Returns
Radioactive Man 3000
Radioactive Man Forever and Ever
Radioactive Man and Fallout Boy (by Ellis)
R4D104C71V3 M4N (first computer generated comic in the world!)

Avoid Radiation Dude like the plague.
>>
>>85798641
Stay away from Bendis' second run, Fraction's run and Slott's current run, they're all shit.
>>
Who else likes the Extreme Fallout Boy spinoff from the mid 90's?
>>
>>85799284
Is that the one where he ironically wore a Milhouse t-shirt under his studded leather jacket all the time? I only ever saw the covers.
>>
>>85798641
This comic is good. My favorite thing from it is the lightning bolt on Radioactive Man's head is actually shrapnel from the explosion that gave him his powers, literally lodged in his head, so when he's in his secret identity he wears a hat as a disguise.
>>
>>85798975
>this is from before he was bad
He was always bad
>>
>>85798975
Radioactive Man: Isotope by Frank Miller is a good origin story.
>>
I prefer Radiation Dude.
>>
I hate that I dont know if this is all real, and I refuse to google it on principle.
>>
>>85799216
Fraction's run is great, you're just intimidated by any attempt to modernize the character. It's the only series to try and legitimize Fallout Boy as a real person and not just a sidekick. But by all means, rant about how quippy the dialogue is and how he's obviously pandering to the sjw crowd.
>>
>>85802031
I dropped it because of constant delays
>>
>>85798641
Was anyone else worried that Morrison would ruin it by giving Radioactive Man a son in his Nuclear Family arc?
>>
>>85798641
Admit it, you cried at the end of Radioactive Man: Half Life.
>>
why this hasn't become and actual comic yet is beyond me.

the death of fallout boy will be the best story arc ever.
>>
>>85803296
It is an actual comic.
>>
>>85798641
I heard Alan Moore illustrated a few comics, is that true
>>
>>85803311

holy shit. too bad its not published anymore in a normal run. I got some reading to do.

Thank you
>>
>>85798641
I know this is a joke thread but I used to read Simpsons comics and had almost all of the Radioactive man issues, they used to be a parody of the time they were set in, e.g. #1 was in the 50's, then #3 (which was listed as #216 implying that it was 216 issues later due to it being set in the 70's) revolved around a plot of Fall out Boy being a hippie. They were also great parodies of comic events, for example, one of them was a reference to the Dark Phoenix saga.
>>
Moore's Fission Man is just Radioactive Man with the serial numbers filed off. Highly recommended as a love-letter to the earlier Silver Age stories
>>
>>85798641
Wait stan lee worked on radioactive man
I did not think he even had an ongoing just the occasional one shot.
>>
>>85804046
Oh wait nevermind its a joke.
>>
>>85801943
Didn't they retcon that though?
>>
>>85803325

Yeah, that's when he wrote RM as a troubled heroin junkie.
>>
Do you think we'll ever get a proper movie adaptation or will we be forever cursed thanks to that failed attempt with Rainer Wolfcastle?
>>
>>85806927
The Dirk Richter serials not good enough for you?
>>
>>85806927

Why bother? Nothing will top the movie they made based on the 70s show. Ya know, the one where he runs around with a mini nuke?
>>
>>85804986
No, they just sorta got rid of it after Sean Penn refused to wear it in the grim and gritty reboot of the movies after the Wolfcastle debacle.
>>
File: RadioactiveMan0008-vi.jpg (319KB, 649x1000px) Image search: [Google]
RadioactiveMan0008-vi.jpg
319KB, 649x1000px
>>85806927
Hey fuck you, I loved that movie! I even have the comic book adaptation.
>>
>>85807434
How could you love a movie that didn't even get made? Production got shut down after their budget ran out.
>>
>>85807485

I heard Mickey Rooney was gonna cameo. Pity we missed that.
>>
>>85807485
I loved the clips that leaked out.
>>
>>85806927
They said Zack Snyder is going to direct the next one.
>>
>>85801961
You only hate him because he replaced Fallout Boy with his own hip black OC.
>>
>>85807741
Yeah, and I heard the title was just going to be "Up and Atom".
>>
Bro, read Jack Kirby's run. Epic stuff.
>>
Stay far away from Chuck Austen's run. I'll never for give him for what he did to Fall Out Boy.
>>
>>85806831
And he wasn't even radioactive.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKgblaifX1s
>>
>>85798641

>Nobody recommend Whatever happened to the Atomic oldager

Plebs, the lot of you
>>
So did Radioactive Man kill Silly Sailor in The Atomic Joke?
>>
>>85811465
Well, it wouldn't be the first time. Remember when he killed the Dr, Clownius from that pocket universe during Byrne's run?
>>
>That comic he tricked his girlfriend into thinking he wasn't radioactive man by having his shape-shifting friend show up at the same time as him
Did any other comic hero ever think to do that? That was fucking genius.
>>
File: Radioactive_Man_5(679)_23.jpg (165KB, 611x667px) Image search: [Google]
Radioactive_Man_5(679)_23.jpg
165KB, 611x667px
>>85811465
No one was looking, so...
>>
Did those Lucy Nukem issues ever get collected? I want them in a tpb to good next to my Radio Man omnis
>>
Dog Kid deserved to run for longer than 3 issues.
>>
>>85804093
Yeah, everyone knows Stan Lee can't write comics.
>>
>>85815194
Or Bat-Chick.
>>
I heard David Lynch was going to make a Radioactive Man movie, but for some reason it never happened. Alas, what could've been...
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.