[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has a comic or cartoon ever introduced you to something you knew

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 666531622391197767[1].png (81KB, 231x275px) Image search: [Google]
666531622391197767[1].png
81KB, 231x275px
Has a comic or cartoon ever introduced you to something you knew nothing about?

Pic related, I was like 8 when I saw the Mask episode of Courage and had no idea what gay people/really close same sex friends were.
>>
>>85791888
Huh checked the air date and I WAS 8 when the episode aired, patting myself on the back for that accuracy while my thread silently dies ;_;.
>>
Interstella 5555 introduced me to Daft Punk when it had it's first special airing on [as]
>>
>>85793950
Gorillaz on [as]
>>
A lot of cartoons introduced me to various anxiety disorders. For a while I only associated anxiety and stress with the characters exploding or really brief in the moment screeching/self harm (like ripping all the hair off their head or just pulling it)

Then cartoon characters started getting more broad with how they handled anxiety and stress and it made me realize stuff like trich and ocd existed
>>
>>85791888
Fun fact about this episode, OP. This was actually the final aired episode that was written by John R. Dilworth, the show's creator. Kinda makes you think.
>>
>>85795164
That is pretty interesting memes aside
>>
>>85795164
Did he get fired or did he just decide to end his writing of the show on that?
>>
>>85791888
and you still don't. that's the best part
>>
>>85795461
The Mask was part of the last season, so chances are the other episodes were already written/being written by other people on his team.
>>
>>85795582
Sure I do, I can spot really close same sex friends from a mile away :^)
>>
Tiny Toons introduced me to my own furfaggotry..
>>
Gargoyles taught me to get into books.

I actually thanked Greg Weisman for that a couple years ago through an email.
>>
>>85793950
>Interstella 5555 on [as]
>>85793976
>Gorillaz on [as]
Jesus Christ, how young are you people?
>>
>>85791888
is there any fuckable characters in courage the cowardly dog

my was Muriel
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.