[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did she specifically do that would be considered legendary?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 17

File: Korra.png (692KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Korra.png
692KB, 1920x1080px
What did she specifically do that would be considered legendary? Didnt she mostly just get her ass kicked and carried by her friends?
>>
File: amon spots korra.gif (783KB, 500x226px) Image search: [Google]
amon spots korra.gif
783KB, 500x226px
>>85780699
Ended the spiritual lineage of the Avatar Cycle and forced it to begin again with her, let the spirit of light die so it had to reincarnate, let spirits roam the Earth at will despite previous Avatars knowing enough to keep the two worlds separate and balanced.
>>
>>85780699
She connected the human and spirit worlds. It's the equivalent of Obama proving that ghosts exist and setting up plans for ghost immigration.
>>
She was a hot lesbian. So, there's that.
>>
>>85780751
>ghost immigration
I don't want my tax-dollars going to the ghost-welfare state, we need to build some sort of ghost-wall.
>>
>>85780749
Wow, she really IS the worst Avatar ever.
>>
>>85780882
nah, that would be Aang, whose cowardice started a 100 year war and wiped out the entire air nation.
>>
File: red lotus kids.jpg (311KB, 1280x983px) Image search: [Google]
red lotus kids.jpg
311KB, 1280x983px
>>85780917
They got better, besides he was like 10 and kind of a pussy to begin with.
>>
>>85780699
Her legacy was letting the world realise they don't need the avatar
>>
>>85780954
>They got better

Thanks to Korra.
>>
>>85780967
Except when a mad bloodbender is starting a revolution and was easily able to defeat the police force and military that tried to stop him. Or when a team of supervillains starts killing off world leaders without anyone standing in their way to stop them. Or a power hungry dictator threatens to conquer the world using giant mechs and spirit-lasers.
>>
My biggest problem is that when spirits do encroach on the physical world, Korra basically lets half of Republic City sit in vines for the entire series and, since the city doesn't seem to expand at any point, people were left without homes because Korra decided keeping the spirits was a good idea. Hell, the spirits don't even respect her so they never fall back even when she asks.
>>
>>85781176
That's more of an issue where most benders are poorly trained and can't do much. They get steam rolled by better trained benders
>>
File: innapropriate korra.gif (232KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
innapropriate korra.gif
232KB, 500x275px
>>85781176
>non-benders want to stop getting fucked over for not being born special
>freedom-fighters seek to decapitate corrupt governments actively suppressing citizenry
>"stop going after world leaders, except this one I don't like!"
>>
File: kya_vs_zaheer.webm (3MB, 560x312px) Image search: [Google]
kya_vs_zaheer.webm
3MB, 560x312px
Forget Korra, but the side characters were neat
>>
>>85780917
>whose cowardice started a 100 year war

That was Roku's fault, not Aang's. Aang actually did a decent job apart from letting Ozai live.
>>
>>85781221
>If I can't be born special, I want you to not be special either!

Yeah, fuck those guys. Benders are Homo superiors, they SHOULD be the ones ruling over the lesser people.
>>
>>85781402
meant to quote >>85781255
>>
File: Korra's milf.png (90KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
Korra's milf.png
90KB, 333x250px
>>85781402
Non-benders like pic related deserve subjugation for not being born lucky in the genetic lottery?
>>
Worst Avatar was Wan.
Humans had a pretty good thing going until mr. Spirit-Lover came and fucked everything up.
>>
>>85781045
No, thanks to Unalaq, who opened the portal

Korra just decided to keep the portal open, just, "cause"
>>
>>85781255
>non-benders want to stop getting fucked over for not being born special

>implying that non benders were facing any discrimination.
>>
File: bolin concerned.jpg (197KB, 751x1033px) Image search: [Google]
bolin concerned.jpg
197KB, 751x1033px
>>85781604
>who are Mako/Bolin's parents
>who are the Equalists
>>
>>85780699
She decided to be gay at the last minute.
>>
>>85781483
No, but Amon's revolution wasn't about fighting for rights and better treatment of non benders, but was about taking away the rights of benders and steal their powers just because they happened to be born lucky.
>>
>>85781629
Calling equalists non-benders facing discrimination is like calling ISIS muslims facing discrimination
>>
>>85781587
So whenever something bad happened because of the opening of the portal and the merging of the 2 worlds, it's because of Korra and not Unalaq. But when it's about the positive side effects, like the restoration of airbending, it's because of Unalaq and Korra had nothing to do with it. Gotcha.
>>
>>85781699
Being gay isn't a choice.
She obviously was always carried bi-curious, and found a good chance to finally experiment.
>>
>>85781202

This.

I understand the idea of letting spirits and the mortal world live in harmony kind of makes sense from a balance perspective.

But you can't just throw open the gates to the spirit world and then walk away and clap the dust off your hands.

You're supposed to maintain balance. That requires actual fucking work. Diplomacy and patience.

Skills korra glaringly lacked.
>>
>>85781883
I thought people don't need the avatar anymore.
>>
>>85781872
>She obviously was always carried bi-curious
Weird how she was constantly among the most beautiful women on the planet and never once showed a single iota of interest until the end.
>>
>>85780699
you are fucking stupid
>>
>>85781883
Watch darker spirits than Koh or otherwise waddle into the physical realm. I think Koh got resolved sort of in the comics but imagine that big spider waltzing up inside Republic City.
>>
Korra being a shitty avatar is in no way a fault on the series and I'm tired of people acting like it is.

A series about a shitty avatar is perfectly fine. In fact, season three was good because it showed us the consequences of this; even if she did beat the Red Lotus in the end. Legend of Korra just had plenty of other problems including reducing their villains to mustache twirling caricatures, lackluster romances, and general pacing.
>>
>>85781629
>who are Mako/Bolin's parents

Victims of urban crime. Its not like you need to be a bender to try to rob someone. A nigga tried to rob Iroh on Ba Sing Se with a knife.

Equalists doesn't have a single good complain, their entire ideólogo was based on the false claim that Amon was choose by spirits to change the world, when he was just a bender that would.never be able to find every bender on the City.

Amon would probably never even be able to hold Republic City two months, before being kicked out of it by other armies
>>
>>85781903

This is another part of her character arc I really hate.

>Hey Korra, focus on getting back on your feet, okay? You don't need to worry about us, we're getting along fine.
>YOU INSENSITIVE ASSHOLE YOU THINK I WANT TO HEAR THAT YOU'RE DOING OKAY WITHOUT SUCKING ON THE TEAT OF THE AVATAR?

Any other Avatar would have been fucking THRILLED that the world managed to balance itself out on its own during their tenure.
>>
>>85782094
What you say is true, a series about a shit avatar is not a problem. But when people defend her and say she's a great avatar, the counters are valid and you shouldn't get annoyed at them.

It's sort of just tradition at this point to make a Korra thread and poop on her.
>>
>>85781841
More like random side effects of just opening the portals like airbending returning would be Unalaqs fault since he got her to do it (assuming that's what brought back airbending)

While lasting effects like spirits being back to fuck shit up is Korras fault since she decided not to close the portals again.

It's two entirely different thing to just open them and have some immediate effects, and deciding to merge the two worlds forever despite everyone else in your position thinking it's a bad idea.
>>
>>85781872
When you're controlled by other people looking to pander, it is a choice.
>>
>>85782145
Is it really Unalaqs fault though? Perhaps some but definitely not even the majority. Instigation, sure. He got her to open one portal out of deceit and trickery. However the second portal was entirely Korras fault and she traded the safety of the world for one individual.
>>
>>85782185
She opened it because he told her to, in fact her original plan was to close the portals then and there. So yeah i do think any random effects from just opening the portals would be his fault. Like Vaatu getting freed, RC being overrun with vines, maybe airbenders returning.

On the other hand it is Korras fault that there are spirits everywhere, that RC is still overrun with vines (even worse at the end) etc.
>>
>>85782267
No. She opened one portal because of him. She opened the second because of a threat against Jinora, and that's the only reason.

She opened this portal when she had a choice. Her fault.
>>
>>85782185
>and she traded the safety of the world for one individual

Has there ever been a cartoon that had the character choose the face of the world and not the individual?
>>
>>85782306
no fuck off
>>
>>85782306
So yeah, she was forced into opening the other portal. Even if she had a choice (i don't really think she did), he still made her to it against her will.

So, his fault.
>>
File: 1457828672614.gif (240KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1457828672614.gif
240KB, 380x380px
>>85782374
Oh, so you're saying she was forced to open the second portal when Vaatu wouldn't be freed if she hadn't? You're saying Korra didn't have a choice to risk the entire world for Jinora when Unalaq in actuality needed her to open it because she was the only one and if she hadn't Season 2 Finale would have ended at Episode 9?

Gotchoo senpai
>>
Post more short-haired Korra.
>>
>>85780917

Roku started the war

All Aang did was be a 12 year old who pacifist who shat his pants at the propect of war.
And he didn't even hide for all that time. He literally got trapped in a storm
>>
>>85782405
No, she had a choice. Unalaq needed her to open it. If he didn't, why would he ask her too? The convergence wouldn't open the other portal, and 10,000 years would have to happen again before another convergence.

He needed her to open the portal, it was his only chance for releasing Vaatu that the show gave. She had a choice, she chose to save Jinora. There was no forcing, she could choose.

>The safety of the world
>An individual

Gee anon, nice autism.
>>
>>85782327
Not arguing that anon. I do agree with you. I just am poking holes in that anons logic. It's not logical, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy it.
>>
File: kerry.jpg (171KB, 968x544px) Image search: [Google]
kerry.jpg
171KB, 968x544px
>>85782327
No. You have to look in anime to find those.
>>
>>85780749
>>85780882
The spirit part really bothers me, as they've been shown throughout seasons 2 and 4 to be chaotic evil or just selfish pricks.

It's like some cultist opening the doors to Hell, letting demons roam the Earth, and everyone somehow being okay with it and even praising the one responsible.
>>
this thread is fucking stupid
>>
>>85780954
>water girl has her arms

VERY CUTE BUT NOT CANNON
>>
>>85782678
Thanks for the contribution tumblr
>>
>>85780699
Two words
>Forced Drama
>>
>>85782634
>and everyone somehow being okay with it and even praising the one responsible.

The only ones who praised her is Tenzin because it makes his life easier. And Jinora because she got to feel special. And Tenzin's family and Korra's close friends but Tenzin's family and Korra's close friends were more by association of their work together rather than the end result.
>>
>>85780699
Tenzin stated Korra has achieved more in her few years as an Avatar than most Avatars have accomplished in their entire lives , barring Aang probably. The fact that she will probably have at least another century as an Avatar will just further ensure she will be one of the best known Avatars along with Aang and Yangchen.
>>
File: 1465625210087.jpg (102KB, 533x452px) Image search: [Google]
1465625210087.jpg
102KB, 533x452px
>>85782693
you sound fucking stupid
>>
>>85780751
Fuckin ectobacks should go back to their own realm, ain't enough jobs fur the botha' us
>>
>>85782717
shhh thay will call you tumblr if you talk good about the show
>>
>>85782113
>Any other Avatar would have been fucking THRILLED that the world managed to balance itself out on its own during their tenure.

Any other Avatar would have lived a life of a normal person rather than find out they must live up to Aang at age 3.
Korra did like that the world was able to balance itself. Korra didn't like that she couldn't contribute directly, not that she wasn't the center of attention.
>>
>>85781361
actually that was a pretty smart move, killing him would have removed him as a threat but humiliating him by removing his bending and them imprisoning him not only removed him as a threat but removed any possibility of lingering emperor worship from the fire nation
>>
>>85780954
>Ming Hua throwing up the double peace signs
>Tousled bedhair Pl'i

Please no boner I need that blood dios mio
>>
>>85782717
Tenzin was bias, and was probably just trying to cheer her father's recent incarnation up. Besides, we actually don't know much of what the other avatars have done other then that Roku was a failure who let doubt the nations when they needed him most, and that Kuruk was apparently irresponsible Avatar.
>>
>>85782456
Letting a child die to save face isn't really a choice anon, i know you like being edgy but this isn't the real world it's a fantasy show where the hero can't sacrifice innocents for their own convenience,

So while it is true that she technicly had a choice, it wasn't a real option to let Jinora die given the genre of the show.
>>
>>85780699
this show... god, I hate it.
>>
>>85782717
They accomplished the same as Aang, while damning the world to be eternally out of balance the world is pretty much worse off now than it has been for the last 10k years.
>>
>>85780917
>started the War
What?
>>
>>85782427
>Roku started the War
What?
>>
>>85782415
Korra didn't even need to Be in the spirit world in the first place. That's the retardation of it. She knew that Unalaq needed both portals open and still goes to the spirit world.
>>
>>85783339
Korra could just Not go to the spirit world, you do realize that.

>given the gente of the show
"Sorry guys, but show dictates that i have to save Jinora"
I think i didn't watch that part of the episode
>>
>>85782717
Tenzin also said getting the past lives killed was a good thing
>>
>>85783519
Sure they could have stayed out, but that still doesn't make her want to open the portal, and it still doesn't mean she had a real choice in the matter once they where allready there.

>I think i didn't watch that part of the episode
I'm sorry you can't into tropes, but it doesn't make it any less true.
>>
>>85783556
>>85783418
>The next avatar after Korra only has Korra to consult with after the Dark Avatar raped the avatars out of Raava
He/she is so fucking screwed.
>>
>>85783571
She had the choices of NOT go risk herself and Jinora in the spirit world, and she had the choices of chosing to save earth from Satan.

Look, i'm not saying Korra is a bad character for chosing to save a girl, it would still make it her fault, but by no mean this makes her sonehow a bad character, just more sentimental. I don't blame her that much for opening the portals (even if it IS her fault), but for getting them open.
>>
>>85783655
Someone down the line also has to deal with having Vaatu inside them.

Which reminds me, did she actually kill Unalaqs spirit off or would he be a "DARK" Avatar past life? Because if he is, whoever follows Korra is even more fucked.
>>
>>85783694
Letting them open***
>>
>>85783696
Vaatu is sealed inside Raava inside the Avatar. Vaatu will not have any influence whatsoever unless someone pulls him out. And even then humans are using the energy he was firing off even more destructively.

>>85783556
>Tenzin also said getting the past lives killed was a good thing
He said that we should move forward.
Then he doublebacked and wanted everyone to follow old airbending ways.
He's Tenzin.
>>
>>85783696
Bryke said it is inside the avatar, and some day another avatar will have to deal with it. Só yeah, she just set him free.
>>
>>85780751
BUILD A WALL MADDY!
>>
>>85783754
Bryke forgot their own lore.

All an Avatar would have to do is close the portals 9,999 years from then for a day and the problem is averted.
>>
>>85783694
It was a risk they took, for some reason they must have assumed Vaatu would get free if they didn't close the portal and went inside as they considered it the safest approach. Once they're in there it's not really her fault for Jinora getting captured and Unalaq using her to force Korra to open the last portal.

It is however Korra own choice to keep the portals open, so whatever bad shit happened because of that decision is her fault. It also her actions that lead to a new portal being opened which by all means should fuck everything up aswell, and she also chose to keep that one open (i guess).

>>85783748
Vaatu and Raava would return to the Wan episode state inside the avatar after some time as they are connected to each other, not really trapped. Besides my thinking was more about him influencing/talking to the new avatar, he might get them to do some pretty nasty things.

>>85783754
Yeah i know, but i was thinking about Unalaq specificly.
>>
>>85783748
No anon, tenzin actually said it would be a good thing, because 'they were too old'. He even said it 'depends if who you ask'
>>
>>85783800
I don't think you understand: Vaatu is NOT trapped in the tree, he is free, so there is no 10.000 years thing anymore.
>>
>>85783800
How would that work?
>>
>>85783808
>once they're in its not her fault.
Even this i would put the blame on her since they were there because she proposed it, even tough she had visions showing her Unalaq needs both portals (Wan episodes). She also knew already that Unalaq cannot open the second portal without her, so it's just a bad decision to go there to close the first portal.
>>
>>85782811
>not only removed him as a threat but removed any possibility of lingering emperor worship from the fire nation

Except it didn't. Zuko's biggest problems were people who were still loyal to Ozai and his plans.
>>
>>85783914
She might have known both portals needed to be open (though i'm not sure), but she was under the impression that he in fact didn't need her, he bluffed when they tried to free her dad, that Unalaq didn't need her anymore.

In most things related to book 2 however i'd rather blame the writers since most characters do weird and out of character things, or things they should know won't work the way they intend. And still they do it so the plot can move forward.
>>
>>85783829
>so there is no 10.000 years thing anymore.
Right. So he's trapped for good unless an Avatar is killed in the Avatar State. Then he and Raava are free to roam around. Vaatu to run about and Raava to chase him because she likes to wrestle.
>>
>>85783454
>What?

Technically, it was Sozin who started the war. But fault lies with Roku because he didn't put Sozin down at the most justifiable time when it was apparent that Sozin was attempting global domination.
>>
>>85783655
>I know you feel like the entire world just landed on your shoulders, but you need to CENTER yourself. The Lotus can fill you in on what you can and need to do, if they're not all wiped out already.
>Don't lose lose your bending or we'll be up the Styx again. And whatever you do, DO NOT tell anyone WHO you are or WHAT your destiny is, or they'll put you on a quick pilgrimage to the crematorium. Do what I tell you: FIND the Lotus, then GET trained.
>Don't trust the negress
>>
>>85780699
>What did she specifically do that would be considered legendary?
She's the first lesbian avatar and killed off all the previous avatars so now she's the avatar prime.
>>
>>85783914
>She also knew already that Unalaq cannot open the second portal without her, so it's just a bad decision to go there to close the first portal.

She didn't know for absolute certain though. Just like no one knew about Raava and Vaatu except for Kuruk who said it cryptically in that flashback. A spirit swallowed her up when you would think the spirits would be trying to ensure the Avatar didn't die so she could be used to open the second portal.
But instead the spirits were hounding her.
>>
>>85781176
>a mad bloodbender is starting a revolution and was easily able to defeat the police force and military that tried to stop him
she didn't actually stop the revolution. It is said at the beginning of S02 that the nonbenders actually got some rights, and even elected Raiko

>a team of supervillains starts killing off world leaders without anyone standing in their way to stop them
she is not the one that stopped them

>a power hungry dictator threatens to conquer the world using giant mechs and spirit-lasers
the one that defeated her giant mecha-- the thing that actually makes her powerful-- was Mako.
>>
>>85783999

Actually no. Vaatu will be reborn in Raava, who has chooses to follow the spirit of her host's successors and be the Avatar. Since Vaatu will be reborn in her, he'll be bound to her again for the next 10,000 years.

Harmonic Convergence will always happen every 10,000 years. The only thing it changes is if Raava remains dominant, then things go on as they did the previous 10,000 years. If Vaatu, then they get another Dark Avatar and shit goes to hell for 10,000 years.
>>
>>85784016
>Technically, it was Sozin who started the war
>technically
you mean: 'it was Sozin who started the war'

>fault lies with Roku because he didn't put Sozin down
you do realize not stopping is not the same as starting, right? You can't blame someone for Not doing anything. That's different from what Korra did, since her actions directly caused the shit that was going on.
>>
>>85784071
best, first, and last avatar confirmed.
>>
>>85784084
>she didn't actually stop the revolution
The point of the revolution was for Amon to remove all bending and to have statues and pictures of himself everywhere.
That didn't happen.

>she is not the one that stopped them
No one else would have stopped them if they weren't hanging around her. Her team stopped them. A team that she has around her who exist because she gathers them together. The general didn't stop the enemy, the general's soldier stopped them so the general didn't do anything so remove him and don't pay him.

>the one that defeated her giant mecha-- the thing that actually makes her powerful-- was Mako.

And how did Mako get in there if not for Korra freezing it long enough for Hiroshi to kill himself opening the way in with Asami's piloting skills? The mech didn't even need to be destroyed, the head (Kuvira) just needed to be cut off.
>>
File: 1443434006208.png (181KB, 440x540px) Image search: [Google]
1443434006208.png
181KB, 440x540px
>>85782327
Hajime always considers the bigger picture and makes her decisions based on what is beneficial to everyone.
The first thing she dealt with, was illegal immigrant aliens and discovered that the whole conflict was based on a communication error.

She is practically the polar opposite of Korra in almost every regard.
>>
>>85783999
>So he's trapped for good
No, Raava said that eventually he will surface from her, just not stating when. This means it will surface INSIDE the avatar.

>>85784128
> he'll be bound to her again for the next 10,000 years
Harmonic convergence has nothing to do with him getting reborn in her. It was only relevant while Vaatu was trapped in that tree.
>>
>>85784071
JUST
>>
Roku started the war, Aang stated the air nomad genocide and I am sure co can think of several things wrong with Korra.

That being said Roku kept the balance and so did Aang.

Korra tried to keep the balance then changed the rules all together by letting the spirits chill with the humans. Then she created a third spirit portal for humans and spirits to be more connected with each other or something. She also bought the air nomads from extinction.

AND sacrificed her life to save them from extinction as well.

You can attribute these feats to someone else but point still stands that the public in LOK will attribute them to her, thus invoking her legend status.
>>
>>85782634
They're not inherently evil, more so selfish pricks. I still can't get over how they said no to helping Korra fight to protect Republic City because it was a "human" problem and just fucked off back to the spirit world even though they had no problem squatting in the city when the portal opened up. Such a fucking cheap way for the writers to sweep them under the rug because had they defended the city they could have just gone into the giant mech and destroyed it from the inside.
>>
>>85784278
But most of those things would make her infamous, not a legend to look up to.
>>
File: 1227.jpg (209KB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1227.jpg
209KB, 1916x1076px
>>85782634
Gotta love that part near the end of book 4 where Korra pleads the spirits to give assistance against Kuvira's army. That was such a perfect moment to send the message "not all spirits are bad, they can be valuable friends and allies to the mankind, and Korra made the right choice when she left the portals open". Since the series was about to end, it was pretty much the last moment to send that message too. - But no, the spirits couldn't give a fuck. They had no problem with squatting in Republic City, taking over locations owned by humans, and acting like a bunch of annoying, inconsiderate roommates. But when things get tough and it's time to defend everyone's homes, that's when they finally act like they're too high-and-mighty for the man's world and leave? We didn't even get a token spirit who'd agree to help Korra, like for example the puppy spirit thing from earlier in the book.
>>
>>85780954
What is on that girl's forehead?
>>
>>85784202
>The point of the revolution was for Amon to remove all bending and to have statues and pictures of himself everywhere
No, that's what he wanted, not what the revolution wanted. That said, Amon basically defeated himself by using his waterbending like an idiot (and even then he could literally just claim it wasn't him since he wasn't using his mask)

>No one else would have stopped them if they weren't hanging around her
they weren't 'hanging around her', they were trying to RESCUE her. Saying that she 'saved anyone' is just ridiculous.

>The general didn't stop the enemy, the general's soldier stopped them so the general didn't do anything so remove him and don't pay him
did the general get captured and his soldiers acted alone?

>freezing it long enough
she freeze it for, like, 5 seconds. They could literally do it without her.

>the head (Kuvira) just needed to be cut off
because only her can control the mecha? of course not. That said, a frontal attack against her would fail (and actually kind of did) since she does have an army in there. It only worked when the mecha was destroyed and Kuvira had literally Nothing to help her, at which point she is already defeated.
>>
>>85784278
>Roku started the war, Aang stated the air nomad
did Roku gather an army and started to kill the other nations? did Aang go full Darth Vader?
>>
>>85784333
Honestly the worst part was when the conflict had ended and they just came back like some kind of signal for everything being better again.
>>
>>85784377
a vagina.
>>
>>85784437
Yeah, I was unable to take it as a "yay, everything's going right again" signal, it made me think something more like "holy shit, the spirits are selfish assholes and they're absolutely shameless about it".
>>
>>85784377
that weird eye thing that lets her combustion bend, like the one sparky-sparky boom boom man had
>>
>>85784330
resurrecting and then later saving the air nomads? Bringing back balance between humans and spirits after Wan shut them off? Creating another freaking spirit portal is fucking crazy as well. Ofcourse she also stopped Earth Hitler. IDK ITS kinda legendary.
>>
>>85784423
Roku didnt stop the war when he had the chance. Aang ran away from his responsibilities. Either way its understandable given their history and age.

I say give Korra the benefit of the doubt as well. You fucks have an unneccesary hate boner for her, Like jeez she wasnt actually worst co character
>>
File: hajime.jpg (51KB, 480x314px) Image search: [Google]
hajime.jpg
51KB, 480x314px
>>85784203
I agree, she's fun and a constant joy to behold.
>>
>>85784943
You mean disrupting balance in the world twice by letting the spirits into the material world and opening another portal.

She could get credit for the airbenders though i'll give you that. but wether or not that is legendary depends on the eyes that see.
>>
>>85781343
I really really liked Kya -- shame she wasn't in the final season.

Did they even explain her absence?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>85785049
Korra
>deliciously fit
>has retarded love triangles with the same four idiots she spends all her time with
>is seldom in control of her emotions
>selfish
>unable to see others points of view until the last season
>forces others to do things her way
>ultimately sees being the Avatar as a great burden

Hajime
>deliciously thicc
>sexually obsessed with trapper keepers, keeps a professional working relationship/friendships with her team
>is always in control of her emotions
>selfless
>always considers all sides of an argument and has surprising insight even into her enemies
>waits for people to come around to her point of view
>enjoys being a hero despite the drawbacks

The only thing they really have in common is a willingness towards self sacrifice
>>
>>85785076
was there ever truly a wrong move? Originally the spirits lived in the spirit and material world then Wan changed that. Even then if the humans disrespected a place enough the spirits would be able to angrily manifest into the material world.

Korra basically took a risk. Instead of trying Wan's way she wants to try something new, have the spirits and humans try to coexist. Like Wan's method wasn't working at all so might as well try a new way right? (His plan to prevent harmonic convergence by closing the spirit portals was pretty good)

I mean keep in mind she can close the portals whenever she wants. She doesn't need the harmonic convergence for that. So if it doesn't work then she can just turn it off but really I think its time for change.
>>
>>85783339
Nah it's a choice. You can pretend to be morally superior but I myself would have chosen to save Jinora. But I'm not the avatar, and as such Korra has duties to the entire world - Not just Jinora.

If Vaatu had won and we didn't have a deus ex machina from Jinora it would be over. Stay mad and keep pretending everyone you're arguing with is simply an edgy fedora wearing faggot. It's quite the contrary.
>>
>>85785339

Went back to take care of Katara hence why she didn't come back. She only appeared in s2 and 3 because of the forced vacation her mom made her siblings take.
>>
>>85785851
Stop arguing with that Tumblr idiot anon, they don't understand logical conclusions and make shit up.
>>
>>85783339

By the way, this isn't me >>85783519. Your logic is just getting buttfucked by multiple anons.
>>
>>85780699

You're right, I can't see what would be considered "legendary" about a fight between hundred foot tall spirit projections of herself and an evil god in the bay of the world's most populated city.
>>
>>85780699
Pretty nice tits. Maybe not legendary, but...
>>
>>85785828
Well for starters the spirit and material worlds were actually seperate at first until Vaatu broke the barrier. Wan just returned the world to a semi original state. You can even see how out of balance everything is in wans time with spirits taking over the world.

Secondly, Wans plan was working perfectly. Spirits had as you said some impact on the world but weren't terraforming the world anymore, Korra threw that out and now the world is at the mercy of the spirits instead.

I'm also not sure she actually can just close them again, might require some HC spirit power.

>>85785851
She does, but she's also the hero of a heroes story so she can't sacrifice Jinora for convenience sake. And not recognising the fact that Korra couldn't do it because "muh real world is cruel" is retarded, just like it would be claimed Aang should have killed Ozai.

>>85785987
What Logic is that? That there exists tropes that have an impact on story telling?
>>
>>85786134
Nah, you kept saying it's her only solution. It's not, that's what we're arguing against you.

Stop trying to use meta to pretend you're right. You really aren't, and we already agree Korra is at fault for many things here. She is also at fault for opening the portal. She is at fault for going into the spirit world. Premature decision on her part, and it's her fault she fucked everything up by listening to her obviously deceitful uncle who didn't even give what she wanted. Korra didn't rescue Jinora, Tenzin did.

AtLA 9.2 > TLoK 8.6

Stay salty anon, Korra caused much of her own strife. Peace out. :^)
>>
>>85786216
We can agree Korra is at fault, but she had a morale obligation to protect Jinora right?
>>
>>85780954
awww she used to have hands
>>
>>85786134
Except the humans were fucking up the material world which pissed off the spirits in the first place. Rather than segregate the two Korra decided to integrate them up properly. This time the world has the AVATAR to bring balance between the two sides.

If you are arguing that the spirits have an edge over the humans then you are sort of wrong. The humans can weaponize spirits now, they also know proper bending art form. The humans used the elements to defend themselves from the spirits but couldn't bend for shit. With proper bending training they can hold them off.

Also Wan was able to close the portals after HC. Korra was able to open them before HC, theres nothing to say she cant close them again. She got the raw power of the avatar spirit.
>>
>>85786216
I didn't actually, but i kept saying it was effectively her only choice, because it is. She isn't able to choose the world over a single individual because if she did she would stop being the hero.

She chose to enter the spirit world because she had to try preventing Vaatu escaping since as far as she knew Unalaq could free him now. The problem with her trusting Unalaq here is a writing issue not a character issue. And yeah she fell for the usual hero trap, when the villain lies to them. Maybe she shouldn't have trusted him at all, but she still couldn't just let Jinora die because shes the hero.

Not even salty m80, and i agree she caused alot of her own strife.
>>
>>85786293
Sure, she had promised Tenzin. I agree with this and it's not my argument. If it was me I'd try and save her. But I'm not the avatar and if I was, I definitely wouldn't go to the spirit world or anywhere near Unalaq. I am just arguing that Korra is the cause of much of her own strife, and most anons here except for select few anons agree as seen in the thread above. He keeps pretending Korra isn't at fault for lots of her own undoings, just pointing out his shitposting.
>>
>>85786354
Fair enough.
>>
>>85786315
We have no idea who was the agressor that resulted in wans time. Might aswell be the spirits led by Vaatu. And Korra didn't integrate them, she did nothing to solve that problem. The world also had the AVATAR before, they just knew it was a bad idea and would bring the world out of balance so they didn't do it.

In book 2 only spiritbending works properly on spirits, atleast for half the season. So yeah spirits have the advantage and can seriously hurt people. Humans also weren't able to keep their homes in RC because spirits took them over and were kidnapped by spirits aswell. They can't really do anything if the spirits want to hurt them.

I guess you're right about the closing opening portals though. So she should close them up before anything else breaks on her watch.
>>
>>85784209
>Harmonic convergence has nothing to do with him getting reborn in her.

I never said it did. Only that it'd allow him potential to rise to power again.

>It was only relevant while Vaatu was trapped in that tree.

No, it wasn't. It was always relevant. Harmonic Convergence is what allows which of the two spirits to have the greater influence over the material and spirit worlds. If Vaatu was the dominant, shit would just turn into like what was going down at the SWT, only on a global scale. It's why the spirits even made it into the material world and forced mankind onto the lionturtles.
>>
>>85780699
>Broke the circle of reincarnation
That's a legendary fuck up.
>>
>>85786533
>broke the circle
>patches it up with bandaids
>"it's fixed mommy Raava :)"
>>
>>85786354
I never at any point pretended that Korra wasn't at fault for most of her problems, only that in this particular instance she was forced to comply to Unalaqs demands.

She shouldn't have gone into the spirit world to close the portals, but she didn't know and took a risk, in her eyes a smaller risk than banking on Unalaq lying about not needing her.
>>
>>85786775

>So yeah, she was forced into opening the other portal. Even if she had a choice (i don't really think she did), he still made her to it against her will.
>he still made her to it against her will.
>I never at any point pretended that Korra wasn't at fault for most of her problems, only that in this particular instance she was forced to comply to Unalaqs demands.
You're being a liar now anon. You even tried to blame the uncle for many of the negatives that happened, instead of blaming them on Korra AND her uncle. It is not just the uncles sole fault for anything negative that happened. Korra is to blame just as much because she agreed to do everything, even after he tricked her multiple times.

So it's Korra + uncle to blame, and then it's Korra to blame. Not that Korra isn't to blame for any of some of the negatives that happened.

>>85781841
>>85782145
>>
>>85786968
Literally not lying there anon. She didn't want to open the portal, and he made her do it by taking Jinora hostage.

I also fully blame Korra for keeping the portals open and almost getting RC involved in a war they didn't want to fight. I also wouldn't blame her for things she couldn't have known, like her uncle lying to her the first time. Also it wasn't like she trusted him and then opened the portal, he was going to kill a kid if she didn't. So the opening of the portals is his fault for tricking/forcing her to open them for him.

So as i said in >>85782145
Lasting effects are her fault since they're likely a result of her own willfull actions, while random effects from just opening the portals are his faults because he got her to do it.
>>
>>85780699
She opened the gateway to the spirit world. Thats going to have profound effects for ages to come.
>>
>>85787085
>and he made her do it by taking Jinora hostage.
Stop saying this as if it's fact. It's not, it was a choice. You can cry about meta and being morally right but it was a choice and you even admitted it multiple times in your previous posts. Stop repeating that nonsense.

And no - Lasting effects are her fault, random effects are his AND Korras fault. There is a difference because many of these effects happen after she still opens the portals because of her Uncle. They are not just his actions only. They are Korras as well. It is purely a mix of both and not just his. This is where you are wrong and are mixing the perspective.

Korra is her own worst enemy, and she is at fault for most of her strife. You can keep trying to cry that it's only the uncles fault for some of the things that came to be, but without Korra it would be entirely impossible to happen.

Later nerd. 9.2 > 8.6
>>
What are all the other avatars we know of and have details on?
>>
>>85784977
Roku was betrayed by his best friend whom he thought had his back. Aang didn't runaway because of the Fire Nation, he run away because the Elders conspired to separate his father figure from him and didn't want to stay around. He wasn't aware that the FN would invade and by that point it was too late because he was a popsicle. He even said he would have fought if he knew about the Fire Nation's attempted genocide.
>>
>>85787085
Korra is a terrible avatar and she will always be remembered as the loser who broke the avatar cycle. Fuck off.
>>
>>85787189
It's a choice, but not really since again, Korra can't let Jinora die. No hero could. So you can't blame her for trying to save Jinora.

How can you blame her for things she couldn't possibly be expected to know? It's not like she knew Vaatu existed and that her uncle was evil and still tried to help him. So it is his actions that lead to Vaatu being freed, It's his actions that lead o vines every where in RC, Korra is just a tool he uses.

I'm not saying Korra isn't at fault for most of her strife, but i am saying that the Uncle caused a lot of it too without her consent.

You seem to be taking my view on a few actions and then take it to mean i think Korra is flawless which isn't the case.

And yeah Atla is vastly better than LoK.

>>85787229
Actually said she was so i agree with you.
>>
>>85786775
Unalaq did say that he 'didn't need her', but if she had stop to think about it for a second its very easy to see through that bluff; so he had another way to open portals and didn't use it in years trying to do it? After saying two/three days ago that he needed her to open the portals? And what would close the portals achieve? He could just open it again if he has such a method. She may have good intentions here, but she is just dumb.
>>
>>85787415
I agree it's stupid writing with a bunch of holes in his bluff. So yeah either she is dumb, or as i see it it's writers fiat. Either way it's dumb she fell for it.
>>
>>85787388
>Finds out all about Vaatu, Raava, and Wan the last two episodes prior
>Knows he's locked in a tree and needs Harmonic Convergence to leave it with both portals unlocked

It's like you love lying. She finds out EVERYTHING with memories retained in her confrontation against Unalaq and Vaatu in the spirit world and even goes into banter with them in that specific episode about it.

You are basing your entire argument on the outcome of the deus ex machina for everything turning out okay when in reality it was a shit written plot device for Jinora to show Raava. It was a shit ridden deus ex machina for Korra to become a blue ghost and fight in Republic City after she lost Raava and the avatar spirit help. You and I may agree with some things but your lack of understanding about how much she knew when she confronted her uncle is wrong. You base everything on this when you are factually incorrect. Go watch Season 2 again and you will find out that everything you listed in your reply is false.

> It's not like she knew Vaatu existed and that her uncle was evil and still tried to help him. So it is his actions that lead to Vaatu being freed, It's his actions that lead o vines every where in RC

Your only part that is actually correct isn't even 100% right. She only knew about Vaatu and her uncle being evil after a single portal was open. The other portal was her entire doing and I already FUCKING SAID in my previous replies that the first portal wasn't her fault. None of that is what I am arguing about and I am saying that anything involving her after that initial situation is her actions and sometimes alongside her uncle. This is what we have been arguing about the entire time, not the single portal opening which does in reality almost jack shit.

It's Korras fault all of this happened, and if you want, her uncle also is at fault. But don't for one second pretend any of the actions that had consequences are just his fault. Goodbye.
>>
>>85787645
It's like a river that leads downhill with small streams pouring in. Minor people or things help contribute to the problems but overall Korra is at fault for much of her problems.
>>
>>85787645
I'm not sure what you mean, yeah she knows about it when she goes into the spirit world. She does it to prevent Vaatu from escaping. She didn't know before the Wan episodes though which is when Unalaq told her he didn't need her anymore. I haven't even mentioned that it worked out dude. Which by all means it shouldn't have, but i just don't blame her for her uncles actions.

It isn't her fault for opening the second portal because it is Unalaqs hostage situation that makes her open it. She is doing it against her will because she can't allow him to kill Jinora. She can't let him kill jinora because she is the hero. I'm not saying i wouldn't do it differently if i was in that position, but she went into the spirit world to prevent what she had seen and ended up in a situation she couldn't have predicted where Unalaq gave her the option to kill jinora or open the portal. And since she can't, as the hero, let jinora die she had to open the portal. So in this particular case, not linked to the other books or other actions unrelated to the opening of the second portal, Korra isn't to blame for her uncles actions.
>>
>>85787848
>but she went into the spirit world to prevent what she had seen and ended up in a situation she couldn't have predicted where Unalaq gave her the option to kill jinora or open the portal

nah, it's

>decides to go into the spirit world instead of not causing more trouble and the potential destruction of the known modern world
>decides to be a dipshit and put herself into that type of situation instead of rationally, logically thinking about any type of consequences that could happen

she's at fault for putting herself in that mess. no spirit world, no chance for jinora kidnapping at all. you gotta put 2+2 together homie.
>>
>>85787848
That's entirely false dumbass. She knew all about when, why, where, how, what about Harmonic Convergence after her revelation with Wan two episodes beforehand. She could have been logical and just not traveled into the spirit world, and the finale would have never happened. There was no prevention to anything inside the Spirit World, it was prevention from the outside. This is why >>85787645 is calling you an idiot.
>>
>>85787944
She thought he could open the portal. She couldn't have known they would split up. She couldn't have known Jinora would get taken hostage. Jinora was good friends with the spirit that captured her too.

She should perhaps have figured out he was bluffing because that shit was obvious, but even so she isn't responsible for what happened in the spirit world, only that they went there.

>>85788019
Yeah she did, that's why they were in a hurry. Again, writers decided she thought Unalaq could open the portals, so she had to prevent Vaatus escape before HC. She only knew for sure that he needed her to open the first portal, so by closing it she could prevent HC.
>>
>>85788097
>Korras fault for believing him
>Korras fault for setting up the scenario
>"My best chance is to enter the spirit world and close it from the inside."

You even admit that shit that she was naive and foolish. It was her and her uncles fault. Her for believing him and not seeing the logical fallacy, and him for trying to get the portals open for Vaatu. End of argument, you even agreed with me that she was foolish enough to go inside.

>She only knew for sure that he needed her to open the first portal, so by closing it she could prevent HC.

False, her uncle confronted her to solely open the second portal, she refused - He bluffed by saying he could open it anyway yet he only asks the Avatar to do the portal openings. Just stop anon, no ones going to reply to you anymore.
>>
>>85780699
She was a dyke in a cartoon.
>>
>>85788097
Did you even watch Season 2 dipshit? Holy fuck are you retarded.
>>
>>85788320
I agree with what you're saying and have been the entire time, i just don't lay the blame on Korra for her uncles actions. She couldn't have known he was lying at first anyway.

>>85788350
Did you?
>>
>>85780699
She opened a portal to the spirit world so that spirits could chimp out at human industrialization and start destroying cities for MUH NATURE.

Oh and you know, malevolent mother fuckers like Koh now can walk freely and steal your newborn's face.

Thanks Korra! Have fun on your carpetmunching vacation.
>>
>>85780917
Aang would have died at the Temple genocide, possibly killing the Avatar entirely since he'd likely go Avatar state in that desperate situation.
>>
>>85782532
But the entire point was that he was fucking wrong, he even died like a bitch.
>>
>>85788350
People here really get pissed over discussing this show, holly shit.
>>
>>85788371
You're right, retarded people aren't responsible for their actions. Just like you aren't responsible for your stupidity because of your retardation. :^)
>>
>>85780954
Red lotus earlys adventures when????
>>
>Everybody wants to hate on Korra
>No one wants to hate on the true villain of the series: Suyin Beifong
At least Korra gets called out on her mistakes in-universe and by the audience. Suyin is a selfish bitch that no one seems to notice or is aware of her self-serving hypocrisy. She gets away with everything.
>>
>>85784146
>You can't blame someone for Not doing anything
And it's not like Roku didn't do anything either.

After the ultimatum, Sozin didn't start shit for 30 years and provably wouldn't have had Roku not died.
>>
>>85781483
Pretty sure that's Katara's mom.
Thread posts: 169
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.