[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the potential HYDRA event? >Red Skull and Steve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: caphydra.jpg (77KB, 989x593px) Image search: [Google]
caphydra.jpg
77KB, 989x593px
Thoughts on the potential HYDRA event?

>Red Skull and Steve fighting for the control of HYDRA
>involving both Captain America books, Thunderbolts, Uncanny Avengers, U.S.Avengers
>>
>>85760245
I think Marvel needs to cool it with the events and crossovers
>>
So are there like two Caps running around, or is Sam back to being the Falcon?
>>
>>85760269
They tried that with the Heroic Age, but that didn't last long.
>>
>>85760322
He's still Cap but C'mon it's only a matter of time until he gets demoted.
>>
>>85760375
I know, it's frustrating
>>
i wouldnt mind events if they were like standoff and didnt involve EVERY SINGLE FUCKING BOOK

bring in a few teams, a couple relevant solos for characters who are important to it and call it a day with those and the main book+one shots.
>>
>>85760557
Spider-Men was a good example of this, even though I wanted it to be with Ultimate Pete. Would have made it a bit more personal.
>>
>>85760269
If anything they will ramp up given the public reaction to Marvel Now.
>>
>>85760245
Jessica Jones might also be tieing in, and there's rumors of a Citizen V book :^).
>>
>>85760322
Some mexican kid took the Falcon name so he couldn't go back to it.
>>
>>85760557
They do that a lot though

They've done Spider women, apocalypse wars, Stand off so far this year
DC does it with batbooks and Superbooks, and used to do it with GL books a lot
>>
>>85760245
Hopes for Steve:
>"Redemption" arc
>Good guy who's no longer Hydra, but still with Hydra memories, not trusted by the rest of the heroes
>History altered, regains his original memories (alongside the HYDRA ones, so this entire nonsense isn't pointless)
>Regains everyone's trust
>Regains the shield?
Best way I can see this playing out.
>>
>>85761342
Well, those last two are guaranteed to happen. Not sure about the redemption arc or the memory thing, then again, this is me thinking of what happened to Tony post-Civil War where he lost all of his memories and was subsequently welcomed back with open arms by Thor, Steve, and Bucky.
>>
>>85761256

You mean that Citizen V thing from the last round of Marvel Now! ?

I'm pretty sure we'll get that along with Prez part 2 any time now, anon.
>>
>>85760269
It'll have to take the event and crossovers to do disastrously for them to cool it.
>>
>>85761342
Why get off the ride now?

>Redemption arc
>Steve doesn't get memories altered
>sees how far from the path Skull has strayed
>make H.Y.D.R.A. be the H.Y.D.R.A. he remembers
>Steve goes full-out with civic outreach, community improvement, etc.
>Roberto Da Costa's the only person who believes it

Downside incoming
>US govt doesn't want H.Y.D.R.A. leader calling himself Captain America
>We get Nomad just in time for the movie
>synergy
>>
>>85760245
Just kill him off so we can have a chinese mexican little gay boy who'd represent America

You know you want to do it, Marvel.
>>
File: 1468264031065.jpg (994KB, 2328x3206px)
1468264031065.jpg
994KB, 2328x3206px
What if Songbird isn't joining with the Thunderbolts but is the AIM agent in charge of finding the missing Kobik?
>>
>>85762947
If they took off that mask, would Bucky die?
>>
Superior Cap starring Zemo when
>>
>>85762254
>Nomad
But can they find a way to make the costume look more like Steve's Super Soldier costume? Because that's the best Steve has looked in his entire existence.
>>
>>85760557
You mean crossovers?

They already do those. They do like 2-3 of them before and after events.
>>
>>85761256
>there's rumors of a Citizen V book
Shiiiit I forgot everything about that teaser. Did any executive ever give us an update? I know the Gamora book was delayed for a year and a half, but every couple of months they bothered to say "it's still happening" until it was actually announced.

>>85761342
It all depends on
1. how long is Spencer allowed to stay on the book before a general reshuffling
2. how unchanged his plans can unfold before being fucked up by the editors because they need nonHydra Steve for some movie release or another event
I was pleasantly surprised by Standoff and how it felt like an organic part of his run, he used that to conclude some plot points and to seed other ones. So if at least the early part of de-hydra'd Steve is in Spencer's hands, I know the whole arc would still retain its obvious narrative weight.
Otherwise I fear another post-Superior Tony, where literally nothing of the shit he pulled when he was inverted seemed to be recalled by anyone.
>>
>>85763304

Superior Tony had the benefit of God-Doom's Secret Brewhaha and "8 months later ps Cyclops is dead and unforgivable" so maybe people were just past Tony's Superior phase?

Not saying it's not bullshit, just saying.
>>
>>85760322

There's also two Caps from the future, last time I checked.
>>
>>85763769
>4 Caps?
>2 Thors
>2 Iron men
>one billion spider people
>but 2 or 3 spider men depending on who you count
>2 novas
>2 hawkeyes
>2 wasps

lol
>>
>>85763769
Danielle and who else?
>>
>>85764321
Secret Wars 2009 Cap
>>
>>85764321

Roberta Mendez, Captain America 2099.
Two separate personalities, trigger words turn her from Roberta to Captain (Avengers Assemble) and back to Roberta (Dismissed). Captain is aware of Roberta, I don't think Roberta's aware she's Captain.
>>
>>85760269
If this does become a crossover event, I don't think it will try to involve everyone like CW2 did. So far Spencer's doing a pretty good job piloting this thing considering there must be a lot of input coming from all sides of the spectrum. If they can keep the story sharp and the characters true to themselves then I'm game.
>>
Well, I think we can all agree this can't possibly be a worse HYDRA story than Secret Warriors.
>>
>>85765228
I think it will be an Avengers line event like Standoff
>>
Pretty pumped. I like that Steve's still a fascist cunt, but not a nazi.

the Zemo keikaku is what you gotta watch for
>>
>>85760245

>giving Spencer an entire event

the sad part is, as terrible of an idea that this is, I can very easily see them doing it.
>>
>>85767709
Why? He's better than who's running the current event shit.
>>
>>85768015

Hardly. Just because Bendis is awful doesn't mean Spencer wouldn't also be awful. Spencer's already shown that he can't handle "shades of grey" writing as evidenced by that famous Red Skull speech that /pol/ adopted, plus his strawman-tastic run with Falconcap. So far Steve hasn't done anything genuinely questionable or dubious and, frustratingly enough, is still genuinely pure and altruistic, albeit a bit more authoritarian. He's not shaking up the status quo in any meaningful way or adding anything new to the character and the mythos. It's just a big dumb comic book story with some added potshots at people Spencer doesn't like.

A storyline like this should have us asking questions about our deeply held beliefs and shake us to our very core. It should be confronting us and putting us in a difficult moral situation where maybe the lines between good and evil get a little blurry. Spencer neglects that to take the easy way out with a simple "Cap good, Red Skull bad" story. That may work for one book (barely) but if you can't handle nuance and subtlety for a massive crossover event, said event is almost always going to suck.

Also, the man can't seem to go 24 hours without acting like a major asshole on twitter, which is another disqualifying factor.
>>
>>85768484
>Spencer's already shown that he can't handle "shades of grey" writing as evidenced by that famous Red Skull speech that /pol/ adopted,

That was an amazing bit of shades of grey there, with the villain giving a strong, sensible, agreeable speech before turning it to terror.
>>
>>85760245
>>involving both Captain America books, Thunderbolts, Uncanny Avengers, U.S.Avengers
>>Captain America books
Both shit
>>Thunderbolts
Shit
>>Uncanny Avengers
Great, the Uncanny Avengers are tying into everything again! :)
>>U.S.Avengers
Will be shit, due to Squirrel Girl

I'm stoked, OP
>>
>>85769619

No, because the point is that Spencer presents Skull's ideology and views as fundamentally wrong. Steve is going against Skull because of what he believes. Rather than explore Skull's ideology and what drives him, we're just told that this is what the bad guys believe and that's it.
>>
>>85768484
There are some obvious forced opinions initially for both Captain Falcon and Classic Cap however I think that's to bait in an audience then start twisting it around. We have USAgent being re-introduced as the middleman between the right wing stereotypes and there's been a lot of Citizen V foreshadowing.
>>
>>85762947
I'd accept it.
>>
>>85769713
No we are shown a physical manifestation of a feeling a lot of Americans have been having. The feeling of anger and hopelessness, that your country has changed for the worse, that the way you have lived your whole life is being called wrong by an emerging culture. That feeling is being taken advantaged of by the Red skull, his actions are well within his character and it was shown in that very controversial issue that not all his followers are one dimensional racists.
>>
>>85769713
>>85769864

Villains often get to say what every one is thinking, but no one can express.
>>
>>85769864

>No we are shown a physical manifestation of a feeling a lot of Americans have been having. The feeling of anger and hopelessness, that your country has changed for the worse, that the way you have lived your whole life is being called wrong by an emerging culture.

And any of that goes out the window the moment we're shown that trying to make things better means strapping a bomb to your chest and trying to blow up a crowded train. And Steve's monologue at the end is pretty telling.

>"I'm okay with authoritarianism, but NO RACISM ALLOWED!"
>>
I think Marvel needs a complete genocide of their characters and to start fresh.

Fuck this pseudo reboot shit every other issue and fifty of the same hero.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.