[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Venom’s earliest incarnation was actually in Web of Spider-Man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

>Venom’s earliest incarnation was actually in Web of Spider-Man #18 (collectors take note!) in an epilogue sequence in which Peter Parker was pushed in front of a subway train, and was spooked by the fact that whoever did it, didn’t trigger his Spider-sense. I’d planned to make the mysterious attacker female, and her background was entirely different from the character who would ultimately become Venom, but the basic idea was still there: someone who hated Spider-Man had joined with the alien symbiote to try to kill our hero. When I left Web, the character I had started to develop went into limbo. Then when Amazing #300 rolled around and editor Jim Salicrup wanted to introduce a new villain in that issue, I brought up my anti-Spidey symbiote-woman. Jim liked the concept, but thought that readers might have trouble accepting a female character smashing Spider-Man through walls.

--From a David Michelinie letter in a Wizard Magazine issue.

So Venom was originally supposed a woman. That's a pretty dark and interesting idea.

ITT: We think about how Venom's first appearance (and subsequent appearance) would have played out if this origin story was used.
>>
>During Spider-Man’s battle with the Living Monolith in the graphic novel Revenge of the Living Monolith (but not shown in the actual comic), a pregnant woman started to go into labor. Her husband runs out to flag a cab, but the cabbie is watching Spider-Man and doesn’t see the guy. The guy gets hit and dies. The woman is so distressed that she loses the baby. When she awakens in the hospital, she blames Spider-Man for the loss of her husband and baby. The church she goes to for comfort and solace just happens to be the same church that Spider-Man fights the symbiote. The hurt symbiote finds her and they bond over their mutual hatred of Spider-Man. Readers can see evidence of this when a woman’s hand pushes Peter Parker in front of a subway train in Web of Spider-Man #18.
>>
>>85760045
That's even more retarded than Eddie's origin.
>>
>>85760026
It would be the same except I would have a boner.
>>
>>85760070
>Loses husband
>Loses child

She's female Frank.
>>
>>85760176
Except completely retarded.
It's like if instead of going after crime Frank went after Spider-man because the criminals who killed his family thought Spider-man had a cool looking costume.
>>
>>85760176
>She declares a vendetta against Spider-man and cabbies everywhere
>Decides to go right for the source
>Infiltrates the UN to instigate nuclear war between India and Pakistan
>>
>>85760227
How would she be anything like Frank?

Frank's goal is to kill anyone and everyone who commits a crime. Where as this chick would be hell-bent on killing a single person, who she directly blames for her own misery.
>>
>>85760227

There was a Punisher story about a woman who got raped because cabs didn't pick her up (she was in a bad neighborhood, or something) so she started killing cabbies.

It... was better than it sounds.
>>
>>85760342
>who she directly blames for her own misery.
Which makes no sense.

She might as well blame the cops.
>>
>>85761590
It better be. Jesus christ...
>>
>>85761590
>>85762064

http://www.mediafire.com/download/orhhn2djdnp9fdf/45.cbr

Frank goes through with killing her, even after hearing her sob story, in case anyone was worried about that.
>>
File: Moon Knight Nice.png (406KB, 921x753px) Image search: [Google]
Moon Knight Nice.png
406KB, 921x753px
>>85762146
thank you anon
provided link and I didn't even ask
>>
>>85760026
Not bad
>>
>>85764681
Not bad is right. So how would it all go down?
>>
>>85760045
That's still a bad origin, like Eddie's. The fact is Eddie himself made for a great nemesis before Marvel raped him.

>Bodybuilder, so it makes sense that with proportionate strength he'd mop the floor with Peter
>Uncomfortable obsession that can't be misinterpreted as "sexual tension" by waifufaggots
>Being a large male beating on Black Cat makes the scene feel even more dire
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.