[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>When someone post the world "underrated" or "hidden

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 13

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (316KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
316KB, 1920x1080px
>When someone post the world "underrated" or "hidden gem" and you already have certain that he will defend a mediocre movie/show he saw on TV as a kid for lack of choice and that deserves to be forgotten.

Post obscure mediocrity and explain why it belongs back in the trash

>Plot is to go to point A to point B and some bland clip songs in the path
>Main characters don't contribute in nothing to the story N-O-T-H-I-N-G
>Dragons trying hard to be Robin Williams genie
>Worst Villain, Worst Villain song, is defeated by accidental unexplained deus ex machina
>Music is good, but don't sink with the story
>Tried to compete with Toy Story
>>
what was that cock a good guy?
>>
>>85758068
Indeed, this is obscure and forgotten, and actually deserves to be that way.
>>
>>85758110
The axe-chicken voiced by Urkel? He turns coat in the last minute, but is never explained why.

For real, is never explained
>>
>>85758245
He was the chicken of the MC tínheis with; wasn't he?

Actually, weapons people was the only good thing about that.
>>
>>85758377
Yes he was
>>
>>85758068
>the sword in the stone
>accidental unexplained deus ex machina

the movie assumes it's audience has enough intelligence and awareness of legend (or have at least watched the relevant Disney movie) to know that only the king can pull the sword from the stone. Are you seriously fucking complaining that for once a kids movie doesn't spoonfeed you fucking patronizing exposition that you already know? Seriously? Not that this is a good movie but for fucks sake OP this is one of the few things it did right.
>>
>>85758527
that's not the sword in the stone...
>>
>>85758527
Yeah, Excalibur wasn't the sword in the stone, it was given to Arthur by the Lady of the Lake after the original sword was lost/broke
>>
>>85758561
I know my mythology Anon, it's safe to assume that the magic was in the stone and not the sword.
>>
>>85758717
It does look like a pretty damn magical stone
>>
>>85758068
Pebble the Penguin
>>
>>85758245
A lot of shit in this movie is never explained but that was the part that bothered me the most.
>>
I HAVE A PLAN

IT INCLUDES YOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD4z8k2B3ys
>>
>>85758835
Does this count as singing or free-form poetry?
>>
>>85758527
Are you retarded? As he PUTS BACK the sword in the stone (Like the legend that you probably never read, is impossible unless you are Arthur), he explodes, Arthur is bringed back to life, the dragons have their body separate and the magic fusion expell of all his minions is reversed

Why everyone who defends this movie don't remember shit about it?
>>
>>85758245
>>85758818
Doesn't he see that his wife or whatever the hen is in a cage and that makes him change sides?
>>
>>85758068
I'm sorry but i stand alone is so good i excuse all of this movie's shitty qualities.
>>
>>85758892
He was flirting to the chicken in the cage in one scene. This is all we get
>>
>>85758857
I'm not defending the movie I'm defending the lack of exposition. As for what the fuck is going on in that scene there are three forces at work there. The magic stone, Excalibur and the weapon-fusing magic. The three of those powerful magics combined caused a bizzaro magical backlash that had all sort of weird side effects such as the dragon fusion thing and completely incinerated the villain. Again, the movie assumes that it's audience is intelligent enough to put this together. You didn't make this connection Anon, it's official: you are dumber than Quest for Camelot.
>>
>>85758930
Agreed

>I know the sound of each rock and stone
>>
>>85758068
At least the blind guy was cute.
>>
>>85758835

>acme

who wrote this, chuck jones?
>>
>>85758850
Yes
>>
>>85759018

>The magic of the stone react with the fusing magic and caused a super magic that solved all the magic problems by magic and also healing cuz magic

>Not poorly explained ex machina

Can you hear yourself thinking?
>>
>>85759235
>Anon can't think for himself
>is dumber than Quest for Camelot

No anon, you need to stop replying now, there's no way for you to come out of this looking good.
>>
>>85759018
Yeah, this seems to make sense in the end of your Final Fantasy x Sonic fanfiction. But not in something made for people
>>
File: hen.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hen.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>85758933
Huh, you're right. I just rewatched the scene and he didn't seem to care that his wife was caged up and was just keeping her company.

I have no idea why he just recided to randomly cut the main girl's ropes then, maybe he was just trying to show off to his wife.
>>
>>85758068
Every time someone says "[Great actor] is in this? It can't be bad!", they should be forced to watch this movie.
>>
>>85759373
>Anon you are the one looking bad showing the basics of how to write a story, you have to be stupid to understand stupid
>>
>>85758795
This, along with A Troll in Central Park and Rock a Doodle.

I understand a lot of people have a nostalgic fondness for Rock a Doodle or want to fuck the pheasant, but it's not a good movie.
>>
My Local news called Quest For Camelot the worst animated film of '97
>>
>>85759552
No, I'm sorry Anon but I refuse to listen to someone who is dumber than Quest for Camelot.
>>
>>85759607

>First self-insert fursona story

https://youtu.be/xSU4MUMOiPc
>>
>>85759373
Anon, the movie is simply not well written.
I can see accepting a story progression like that, but there is no way to not go into detail about it without the whole thing falling apart
>>
>>85759661
So instead of refuting my facts, you gonna just throw the only "FUNNE INSULT" that you made at me?

Well, i didn't expect more since the "I REALLY KNOW THE MYTHOLOGY" that you got all wrong
>>
Titan AE was garbage and everyone knows it
>>
We're Back
>>
>>85759765
>Anon, the movie is simply not well written.
I agree completely, the movie is trash and this scene is dumb, but I've said all along the only thing, the only thing, I'm defending is the lack of patronizing exposition. Calling the scene a 'unexplained deus ex machina' is dumb, the movie is assuming you are aware of the basic legends surrounding King Arthur, magic sword that can only be removed from magic stone by one true king. It's dumb, but it doesn't need any more explanation than that.
>>
>>85759811
what facts? The fact that you can't follow an argument and are dumber than Quest for Camelot? Sorry anon, but you are stupid and you should have quit while you were ahead.
>>
>>85759899
I haven't watched it in forever, what was so bad about it?
>>
>>85759976
Wasn't it about Dinosaurs who eat a cereal that make animals smart and then travel to the future where a circus owner with a screw for a eye kidnaps kids and is eaten by crows?

That movie felt like a fever dream
>>
File: 1469756776355.jpg (31KB, 640x470px)
1469756776355.jpg
31KB, 640x470px
>>85759840
>>
>>85759607
Considering Rock-a-doodle's source, it could have been a lot worse if they remained more faithful to the book. The book is called Chanticleer like in the film

It would have been a lot darker and boring.
>>
>>85759915
>>85759962

You still has this stupid idea that i don't get the final, gettin it is what makes it stupid because you realize that is not enough to make a reasonable resolution.

The solution is bringed from nowhere, and is just "cuz magic" is a Ex Machina
>>
>>85760149
Is every weird animation movie a inaccurate adaptation on an obscure book or comic?

Chance of meatballs, The Boss Baby, Over the Hedge, Shrek, Ga'hoole, Chicken Little...
>>
>>85760327
Fantastic Mr. Fox was a pretty famous book and that was a weird film
>>
>>85760231
Listen anon, I'm going to go over this slowly because clearly you are dumber than Quest for Camelot and can't follow simple discussion. The movie is stupid. This scene is stupid. Everyone knows it is stupid. Even the writers knew it was stupid. However the King Arthur legend is very well known, the details might be wrong but everyone knows this bit: there is a magic sword, there is a magic stone and when the magic sword gets stuck in the magic stone only King Arthur can pull it out. Everyone knows this anon. Everyone. Even you, dumb as you are, know this. Now, you've been using big words like 'ex machina' but you clearly don't know what these big boy words mean. A deus ex machina is an unexplained plot device that comes out of nowhere and solves an otherwise unsolvable plot problem. This scene does not qualify because everyone knows that bit of Arthurian legend. it doesn't come out of nowhere and is not unprecedented within the narrative, the movie clearly introduced the necessary elements - the stone, the sword and the king.

Now, I want to take a moment again to stress this: the movie is stupid and this scene is extra-stupid. We all know this. However, the writers assumed that their audience was either intelligent enough, or had a strong enough grasp of Arthurian legend to understand that when the sword gets stuck in the stone shit is about to go down. With this in mind the writers clearly felt that explaining this with dumbass exposition would be patronizing and insulting to the audience.
>>
>>85760231
>>85760862
But you don't get this anon, you are stupider than the intended audience of Quest for Camelot. You are dumber than this dumb movie. You want to be spoonfed with exposition and explanation for dumb things when then obvious answer is "magic bruh" you think it is an ex machina and an asspull out of nowhere because nobody spoke to you like you were a two year old.

"Oh no! You remember don't you Garret? Only the King can pull the sword from the stone! Ruber is done for!" You wanted this line in the movie anon.

For the rest of your days, where ever you go, where ever you are, when you see this movie you will stop and you will remember. You cannot escape now, anon, when you hear one of the songs, when you see a screencap, when you read a quote you will remember. And you will know, in your heart of hearts that one inescapable truth. You are dumber than Quest for Camelot.
>>
>>85760144
Yes. All of those things do happen in the movie. The screw eye guy and his circus are probably the best parts of the film, but also make up a relatively small part of it so it's not really worth it. Most of the movie is the dinosaurs befriending two kids that are trying to run away to join the circus.
>>
>>85760924
Too bad they cut the parts about the screw eye guy short
>>
File: 318864_1258751408971_375_300.jpg (47KB, 375x300px) Image search: [Google]
318864_1258751408971_375_300.jpg
47KB, 375x300px
>>85760144

Captain Neweyes (voiced by Walter Cronkite) and his assistant alien Vorb (voiced by Jay Leno) go back in time and feed Brain Grain to dinosaurs, then bring them to the future to fulfill children's wishes to meet dinosaurs at the Natural History Museum. Except they just drop them off in 1993 and tell them to look for a historian (voiced by Julia Child) and avoid Neweyes' insane brother Professor Screweyes and then fuck off until the end of the movie.

Also Lisa Simpson plays one of the kids who's thirsty for the other one.

fucking insane movie.
>>
>>85760887
"magic bruh" is almost the definition of Deus Ex Machina
>>
>>85759915
The legend never states anything ever about the sword of the stone magically healing the entire country when pulled out
>>
>>85761196
Not in a movie about magic swords.
>>
>>85761179
>to fulfill children's wishes to meet dinosaurs
This part I'll never understand. Prof. Neweyes has all this amazing power at his disposal, and he wants to use it to do good, but the thing he chooses is to let children in New York City play with dinosaurs. Like, that's not one of those things I would think was at the top of anybody's list when trying to figure out how to do something nice for the children of the world. He invents a magic wish machine to figure out what children want and the number one thing is "dinosaurs?" Is there really not a greater majority of starving kids just wishing for food or anything else?
>>
>>85759607

More like all of Don Bluth's 90s films being balls.

>Made a name for himself in the 80s being the anti-Disney.
>Once Disney got back on track releasing masterpiece after masterpiece each year (Except maybe Pocahontas), decides to poorly ape Disney.

At least he tried to regain his dignity with Titan AE.
>>
>>85761367

Also

>Neweyes saves everyone from his evil brother
>Neweyes looks down and sees Screweyes being devoured by crows
>Neweyes feels nothing
>>
This movie has some amazing fluid animation.

But there just isn't much else good I can say about it. I never get to recommend it because there isn't much worth recommending it for outside of that one thing, which is a shame because it could easily be improved with just cutting the amount of songs and other simple changes.
>>
>>85761367

Yeah, that movie was fucking ridiculous.

>Villain runs a spooky circus that people willingly go to to be scared and wants to showcase the violent, especially the fucking T-Rex, dinosaurs while his brother is a fucking idiot who thinks dragging dinosaurs to modern times and mutating them to entertain kids is a good idea.
>Is portrayed as the worst person since Hitler and is eaten alive by crows.
>>
>>85761367
people like you are the reason why Billy and the Cloneasaurus bombed
>>
>>85761496
>Pocahontas

this was a good movie! I liked it!
>>
File: squadala.png (336KB, 724x453px) Image search: [Google]
squadala.png
336KB, 724x453px
>>85761559
What about Dino Time?
>>
I heard Quest for Camelot was going to be darker and closer to the book but something something executive meddling. Seems to be the norm for animated movies.
>>
File: bluth films.jpg (407KB, 920x920px)
bluth films.jpg
407KB, 920x920px
>>85761496
Eh, I hold Thumbelina and Anastasia as mid-tier Bluth films. I guess probably they belong in this thread because they're not great and certainly not hidden gems, but I personally like them or things about them and can at least label them "tolerable."

Pebble and the Penguin, Rock-A-Doodle, and A Troll in Central Park are actually bad films, though.
>>
>>85758835
Everything about this sequence is so bad it boggles my mind that Warner Bros. thought this would be an acceptable product to pit against Disney.

The animation, the 'song', even just the baseline of making sense. My god.
>>
>>85761718
Could never unsee George Stobbart in Anastasia
>>
>>85761559
Hey, I like dinosaurs and all, I just have a hard time believing it is literally every child's favorite thing. I'm sure it's at least competing with trucks or sharks or princesses or ponies or some other popular childhood fantasies.
>>
>>85761628

GONE
>>
>>85761687

Ditto. Could've actually been better than Mulan that year if WB didn't fuck it all up to focus more on aping Disney. Maybe a better Black Cauldron.

Kaley was cute though.
>>
File: 68876.jpg (133KB, 600x751px)
68876.jpg
133KB, 600x751px
>>85761367
But dinosaurs are cool and kids love them. I would totally have wished to see dinosaurs when I was a kid. Hell, I'd make that wish even today.

As for OP's topic: I don't mind bland or mediocre stuff all that much, I simply forget about it soon after I've finished watching it, and it's not a big deal for me. The only times when I feel something belongs in the trash is when some work actually manages to irritate me. That usually happens if all the characters are severely unlikable or if I disagree with the moral of the story.
>>
>>85761780
>Paris in the fall
>the last months of the year
>at the end of the millenium
>the city holds many memories for me
>of music
>of cafes
>of love

>and of death.
>>
>>85761554
Yeah, now that I think about it, Prof. Neweyes might have been missing part of the point of why kids like dinos so much when he decided to make them friendly and smart.

And while I never noticed as a kid, villainizing Prof. Screweyes is pretty dumb. He runs a good show. There's really nothing wrong with people wanting to get scared for fun. That's why we have haunted houses and stuff.
>>
>>85761554

I'm still baffled as to why Neweyes would drop them off in the middle of NYC without warning anyone except some crazy history professor at the museum, leading to them terrorizing a parade and getting chased by the fucking NYPD.

I'm baffled by a lot of things in that movie.

>Pterodactyl finds crying little girl, steals her from her parents' apartment
>Clown has a mermaid cousin and her normal brother Richard hiding in his clown pants
>Dinosaurs manage to HIDE FROM THE NYPD
>>
>>85760327

How were Chicken Little and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs obscure?
>>
>>85758068
Didn't this move lose a shit ton of money? I remember the animation being really good, but I also remember being severely weirded out by a blind guy as the main dude.
>>
>>85761914
Wasn't the historian (was she a historian? seems like she must have been a paleontologist if she specialized in dinosaurs- they are prehistoric) putting up ads for the new dinosaur exhibit? I can't remember if she was specifically advertising that there would be living dinosaurs or if it was supposed to be a surprise.
>>
I think the only movie in this thread that I've seen is We're Back, and I don't really remember anything about it. Guess I came out all right.
>>
>>85761167
What were those parts?
>>
>>85761553
Not surprising since Richard Williams directed it.
>>
>>85762179
Not quite sure what is meant, maybe this
I only know of this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCzHlm9Wr3A
>>
>>85762051

All I remember was she was voiced by Julia Child and was in the movie for all of five minutes
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 445x672px)
image.jpg
105KB, 445x672px
>>
>>85760327
Over the Hedge was based on a book? Fuck, you learn something new every day.
>>
>>85763448
Not a book, a newspaper comic strip
>>
>>85762607
go away phoneposter
>>
>>85758527
>>85758857
>>85759018
>>85759235
>>85759373
I had a rough day at work, and came back to /co/ to feel at home again. Now I'm with people arguing about the ending of a children's cartoon B movie

just... thanks, trully.
>>
>>85762607
I think my only gripe with this movie is that the magical deus ex machina stone felt really out of place. But the rest was good enough to decently make up for that.

Care to explain why you don't like it?
>>
The Jetsons: The Movie

>Hanna-Barbera at least tried with animation in this
>laughably early CGI
>replaced Judy Jetson's VA with some forgettable pop singer for "marketability"
>a half-assed message on compromise and environmentalism
>dat 80s soundtrack doe
>>
>>85764097
>The little ewok fucks killed/drove mad 7 other people
>Then tried to do the same to George
>Everyone takes the Ewok's side, even as they have George bound and gagged
Fuck this movie.
>>
>>85758835

>with priiiiide.

what the hell?
>>
>>85758068
Go to sleep, Doug.
>>
>>85764097
sad part is that it was George O'Hanlon and Mel Blanc's final roles.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.