[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are superheroes acting like manchildren nowadays? All new/legacy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

Why are superheroes acting like manchildren nowadays?

All new/legacy characters are 100% "superhero history & lore" nerds (Ms Marvel, Coulson). All old superheroes are self aware of the superhero tropes and break into pages-long quipping and fucking Star Trek and Ghotbusters references
>>
>>85753189
Can't handle the quirky, anon?
>>
>>85753199
I didn't know quirky meant bitchy.
>>
>>85753189
I don't know, Pete actually is a dweeb so it makes sense from him, and Tony isn't actually showing in depth awareness of the series, he's just taking an easy chance to steal someone's thunder.

I do agree that some writers do try to write all their sympathetic characters as quirky nerds, though, and that can get tiresome.
>>
>>85753189
Spidey has always been a man child and Tony gets to be an ass to Spidey. I don't see what's not to like here?
>>
>>85753189
In general i agree but this specific example is auctualy good writing.
Well except parker revealing his affiliation with his company in front of the villan
>>
>>85753189
It's mostly Marvel being the worst comic book publisher on Earth.

This writing is absolutely abysmal, even for comic book standards.
>>
>>85753189
Because the writers are projecting even worse than they used to.
>>
>>85753189
I mean, it's Spider-Man. I don't see what's wrong there.
>>
Spider-man is canonical a geek so ghostbusters and star trek references are not out of place.
>>
>>85753620

He's already been associated with Parker Industries for a while. He hands out the business cards, tells them to let Peter know that Spider-Man put in a good word for them, and stars in the advertistments.
>>
I blame Bendis, and to a lesser extent Whedon.
>>
>>85753941
Oh then thats fine i guess
>>
>>85753189

Because the writers are almost all manchildren who grew up idolizing superheroes.
>>
>>85753189
Modern Marvel writers have draped themselves with multiple layers of ironic detachment because they're insecure about 1) liking "kid stuff", and 2) absolutely everything else about themselves because their self worth comes from their peer group instead of from within. Because of this, they're unable to write about actual heroes and can only write snarky self-referencing "genre savvy" narcissistic douchebags.

Marvel is kill.
>>
>>85753189
Oh Ghost, what happened to you after Thunderbolts?
>>
>>85753189
marvel trying to be "hip"
>>
>>85753189
>Why are superheroes acting like manchildren nowadays?
Bendis

also Slott but he isn't writing half of Marvel's current output
>>
>>85753189
>reading Marvel

kill yourself.
>>
>>85753189
>Why are superheroes acting like manchildren nowadays?
Because the writers and the audience are the same demographic.
>>
Honestly, I hate this type of self-aware bullshit.
Marvel should go all-out with the superhero tropes and comic book nonsense, ridiculous costumes, sometimes campy dialogue and campy names, but just play it straight and take it seriously in-universe.
>>
>>85755425
Slott just arbitralily decided to make him a villain again, unless I missed something from the tail end of Parker's run.
>>
>>85756155
Example of this outside of comics; EMH, Winter Soldier
>>
File: 1461165104614.jpg (3MB, 3975x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1461165104614.jpg
3MB, 3975x3056px
>>85756155
Ewing

the books you are looking for are the ones being written by Ewing
>>
>>85753189
Bendis and Slott, mostly.

>All new/legacy characters are 100% "superhero history & lore" nerds (Ms Marvel, Coulson).

Don't agree with this part, since I can't think of any other new characters who are like that.
>>
File: bendis.png (541KB, 810x932px)
bendis.png
541KB, 810x932px
>>85753189
Manchildren or not, but I think most of the superhero comics are just boring, and trying to be funny, but without the right kind of passion. The writers are literally just doing their jobs, and usually the quality of the material is mind-numbingly bad and scraped straight from the bottoms of their emptied creative barrels.

Many of these quirky quips (which I have nothing against in general) writers shove in to their scripts would work better in live-action or if we heard the characters voice and his/her unique line delivery, but on the page it's all just the same old lifeless, easy-to-write, brainless, desperate, 4am crunch time humor.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.