[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What episode did you find yourself disagreeing with them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 381
Thread images: 28

File: south park.jpg (196KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
south park.jpg
196KB, 1600x900px
What episode did you find yourself disagreeing with them (Matt and Trey)?
>>
>>85722928
None, because I don't care
>>
>>85722977
I mean, that's fair.
>>
>>85722928
Stem cell research should be legal, it's okay to be gay. Atlas Shrugged is a shitty book. Sexual harassment gets overblown.
>>
>>85722928
There is no way that radio telescope would have fit in Cartman's ass.
>>
>>85723034
No wait, DISAGREEING. Fuck my reading comprehension.
>>
The anti/pro-smoking episode.
>>
>>85723070
Too late. You're forever known as a bigoted piece of shit.
>>
>ADHD doesn't real
>parents just don't know how to discipline their kids
>>
File: manbearpig.jpg (105KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
manbearpig.jpg
105KB, 960x540px
I mean, funny as fuck episode (And the hardest boss in the fucking game), but kind of weird they think global warming is make believe. That sounds like a Seth MacFarlane opinion, really.
>>
>>85723080
Wasn't that one just going after the fact that Hollywood dickwads will launch smear campaigns or muddle facts to accomplish whatever they want like Micheal Moore?

I don't like smoking and kinda hate Big Tabbaco, which is moving onto Weed.
>>
>>85723159
I felt that it was more about making fun of Gore's obsession with it than whether it's real or not.
>>
>>85723159
Most people I know don't think it's make believe. They think it's basically a brokering chip at this point. It's the new "Russians have nukes in Cuba" Doomsday card that liberals throw around. Despite them never going after China or investing in Alternative energy that doesn't result in China throwing poisonous metals into the ocean.

Also Al Gore is kind of a cunt.
>>
>>85723260
They stated in a couple of interviews they said ManBearPig is an allegory for Global Warming in that it's "fake".
>>
Rainforest schmainforest. I listened to their commentary on it and literally the only reason they hate the rain forest is because they had a bad vacation in costa rica. He said it was "humid" and had snakes. Did he even LOOK UP costa rica before going there? What they fuck did he expect? I forgot if Matt or Trey said it but they also said they were afraid of snakes too and they didn't like that so many snakes were there. Who the hell is still afraid of snakes still? And this proves that Stan is one of their self inserts due to him being afraid of snakes in the episode.
>>
>>85722928
Every pro-randy one.

I fucking hate Randy.
>>
>>85723159
South Park is, for better or for worse, against anyone who wants to create change in current society. It's very reactionary in that sense - pretty much every time a character in South Park is shown wanting to change the status quo, they are either evil or stupid. About the only exception seems to be gay rights.
>>
>>85722928
The faggot episode.

I mean they even made an episode explaining why a white person can never understand the hurt a black person might feel from being called a nigger, then they turn around and say "faggot isn't offensive just get over it"
>>
>>85723294
This sounds more like they were basing an episode off their bad experiences into a humorous way rather than ACTUALLY saying the rainforest should be torn down.

The "moral at the end" of fuck the rainforest kind of seemed like a parody on their own morals, not a genuine one.
>>
The few times they've said there's no proof of global warming
>>
>>85723054
He fit DisneyLand in there, he can fit a telescope.
>>
Are they being ironic in "Britney's new look?" Because they are making fun of people who are way too obsessed with celebrities lives and never leave them alone, even though 2/3 of south park is about making fun of celebrities lives. I see some people take the moral seriously, but don't realize that its really hypocritical if it is serious. But I'm not sure though.
>>
File: penis monsters.jpg (61KB, 1276x720px) Image search: [Google]
penis monsters.jpg
61KB, 1276x720px
I remember it stung, having 2 of my comedy heroes ripping on Pokemon as a kid. Now as an adult I can shrug it off since it's not meant to be taken seriously.

Plus it's funny how they were the hipster "kids these days" genwunners back when all there was was Gen 1
>>
>>85723299
*gasp*
>>
>>85723532
I mean, hypocrisy doesn't (shouldn't) affect the underlying message, eg. who better to warn against the dangers of heroin than a heroin addict. It should really only reflect on the person, not their arguments.
>>
The parody of The Day After Tomorrow was funny but I don't agree with the climate change denial

Also don't agree with a lot of the religious stuff they put in but I know I'm probably in the minority on the board
>>
>>85723532
Calling Rosie O'Donnell a fat monster isn't really the same as stalking and harassing her to the point where she commits suicide and then harassing her ghost in the afterlife. At least they're still being productive by making a funny cartoon which is more than can be said for paparazzi.
>>
File: PCvangelion.png (235KB, 400x367px) Image search: [Google]
PCvangelion.png
235KB, 400x367px
Pretty much all of last season where they just gave into the SJW mindset.

And I'm still salty that we had a whole season of build towards the most anticlimactic ending ever.
>>
I feel like the thing with advertisements in the last season finale was really overblown and didn't fit with what they were building up to. Either that or I just didn't get the joke.
>>
Pretty much everything about Mrs Garrison. Comparing being transgender to wanting to be a dolphin or a black person while turning one of the funny characters completely unbearable for a couple of seasons.
>>
>>85723814
Yeah for some reason the first 3 episodes made fun of SJWs but then the show went full SJW. People still praise that season too. We'll be getting more of that bullshit since PC Principal is in the show next season.
>>
As a treehugger their anti-environment bias is annoying. I know it's a joke but, what the hell is their beef with hippies?
>>
>>85723305
Because people in real life who want to change society are usually just assholes with bloated egos? South Park's not attacking them for wanting to change society, it's attacking them because they know the biggest modern-day activists are just twats who want to bring attention to themselves while acting like they're a moral superior to everyone around them. Like the last season ended with PC Principal realizing social justice was all right as long as you didn't act like an asshole to white people about it. Trey and Matt don't hate the message, they just hate the attitude behind the message.
>>
>>85723975
They're gross and I can't think of any instance where a hippie or the modern day equivalent SJW have made actual change in America.

Protesters and petitioners are not the same as hippies.
>>
>>85723070
too late. the other way actually made you sound unique instead of a cookie cutter piece of crap.
>>
>>85723299
I don't like him much either. I think Crème Fraîche is the episode where I just didn't care about his shenanigans anymore. He's becoming a slightly less random Peter Griffin and I miss when he was Stan's goofy dad and episodes featured the kids.
>>
>>85723975
Because they haven't accomplished anything. They just sit around, smoke pot, have casual sex, and essentially nothing productive to their cause, but want to be taken as seriously as people actually trying to achieve something.
>>
>>85723936
I think they've admitted they were wrong about that recently. Although Mrs. Garrison was still an annoying character.
>>
I disagree with the Safe Space episode. One of the celebrities they made fun of went through anorexia and thus has a very good reason to filter out comments about her weight as anorexia frequently causes PTSD. If she can't use Twitter she can't reach out to her fans so she can't quit social media that easily and you just can't get over PTSD or an eating disorder easily. Not to mention that neither Matt Stone or Trey Parker have any social media accounts I doubt they know what it would be like for a celebrity to be harassed online.
>>
>>85723315
this, it was back when there was some actual humor or irony to the "morals". I didn't actually think they hated the rainforest jeez. the episode remains funny because the idea of an anti-rainforest PSA is funny. the bulk of the episode is not seriously arguing against the rainforest, it's just silly shit (which is fine).
>>
When they said immigration is a good thing.
When they said Trayvon dindu nuffin.
Pretty much any religion episode where Trey just puts on his jaded, gen-x fedora.
>>
>>85723299
He was better as a slightly goofy geologist than well, a crazy person.

(Also I hate Butters.)
>>
>>85723308
Yeah but Matt and Trey are actual faggots.

Also the word Nigger is still seen as derogatory for nigs, while most of the free world doesn't feel the same way about faggots. That was the point of the episode. Even Gay people hate faggots.
>>
>>85723532
Watch the commentary. They pretty much call themselves hypocrites.

They wanted people to back off, just this one time, because she might actually kill herself.
>>
It's not from any particular episode, but I kind of get annoyed every time smoking gets brought up. One or both of them is clearer a smoker and has a major victim complex about people trying to tell him/them how shitty and stupid of a "hobby" it is and they use the show as a platform to try and vent and paint anyone who's against smoking as an irrational idiot.
>>
>>85723308
>>85724330
Nigger is also a term that is exclusively a derogatory term. Terms like faggot or chink were terms turned into offensive slurs, but still hold their original meaning.
>>
>>85724141
i can't tell if this is sarcastic or not sine /co/ has gone full comblr recently
>>
>>85722928
>being transsexual is bullshit on the level of wanting to be a dolphin or a Jew who can play basketball
>there is nothing wrong with former alcoholic enjoying a drink
I have mixed feelings about the second one. I know people with personality disorders who were treated for alcohol addiction, but were perfectly able to drink responsibly once their underlying issues got sorted out. I know a dude who wasn't drinking for years, got tempted to get one drink and started a binge in a moment.
>>
>>85724141
Celebrities shouldn't be using Twitter in the first place.
>>
>>85724359
I wonder why they cared for her in particular? Spears is a typical example of what the music industry does to young performers. And they completely called that Miley Cyrus would fall from grace.
>>
>>85724372

>literally missing the point of the butt out episode

It's criticising the tactics of anti smoking groups not the message.
>>
>>85723080
Came in here to post this. The anti-smoking campaign has always been funded by "Big Smoke" (That hurts just typing it). I mean, last season they did a joke about the "Drink responsibly" campaign which is the same thing.

I wonder what their thoughts are about this episode now. They have to know by now that they fell for the bait.
>>
>>85724408
They said they hated the 12 step approach where you have to admit that you're completely powerless to overcome your addiction.
>>
>>85724519
>it's not from any particular episode
>>literally missing the point of the butt out episode
>literally missing the point of my post

Maybe next time slugger.
>>
>>85724593
You're going to want to get some sleep anon! Your big 15th birthday part is tomorrow and you don't wanna be sleepy for it. I know what mommy got you ;)
>>
>>85724563

When else do they comment on smoking? Or rather, when else do they comment on people who are anti smoking?
>>
>>85724593
Careful with that edge. They say children can hurt themselves.
>>
>>85724408
>being transsexual is bullshit on the level of wanting to be a dolphin or a Jew who can play basketball

But, that's right.
>>
>>85724547
They've never been to an AA meeting.
>>
File: puff.jpg (23KB, 540x398px) Image search: [Google]
puff.jpg
23KB, 540x398px
Man Bear Pig and Douche and Turd.
>>
>>85724389
Nope, expected this reply though. My best friend went through it and couldn't even eat if there were others in the room with her even after she had gained most of her weight back on. It's an incredibly nasty disorder with a very high death rate. The chance of someone else getting it again even if I don't know her is disturbing to me (Demi Lovato isn't very famous where I live). My friend is not the only girl I know who went through it, I know at least five others.

And don't get me wrong the other celebrities were being douches. I just thought that Demi Lovato was a bad example to use.
>>
>>85724671
But anon, they've seen internet videos about it so they must know a lot about it. Remember Insheeption?
>>
>>85724619

boo hoo poor celebrity x is having such a tough time, she purposefully didn't eat and now we're meant to feel bad for her.

Anorexics are as bad as the obese.
>>
>>85724698
I'm warning you now. Don't make me angry. If you do you'll have to invite 4 friends instead of 5. Now go to sleep buddy.
>>
>>85724620
I was mostly thinking of the tolerance episode. Where they go to the tolerance museum and everyones preaching acceptance and stuff, then when they're leaving they see a guy smoking and all start yelling at him that he's horrible and telling him to go away. And the smoker is like "but i'm not even on your property" but they just keep yelling at him.

I can just imagine 1 or both of them in some public place, trying to light up a cigarette but getting told it's not allowed because of new laws, and them getting all butthurt and storming out in a withdrawal driven rage to head into the studio and start writing a scene about how anit-smokers are all just hypocritical assholes who just bully the poor innocent smokers all the time for no reason.
>>
>>85724675

You seem to be confusing couldn't eat with wouldn't eat. She could eat, she just chose not to because "bawwww im so fat what if friends judge me for eating the daily recommend intake bawwwww".

Anorexia is the definition of first world problems, maybe instead of being so scared of being judged because you're """"fat"""" you should worry about people thinking you're a self obsessed moron.
>>
>>85723294
Heh. They also mention that it was Flea from RHCP that convinced him to go there cause it was so safe and awesome. Surprised they didn't have him in the episode. Petty sure Flea runs around like Blanka down there.

I also love that episode for 1) Cliiiiick and 2) I learned that bien means ok cause Mr Mackey keeps saying M'bien instead of M'kay.
>>
>>85724388
Nobody unironically uses faggot to refer to a bundle of sticks
>>
>>85724798
are you honest to God retarded
>>
>>85724388
Nigger was also "turned" into a derogatory term.
>>
>>85724751

Laws preventing smoking in public are bullshit though.

Its funny how you're complaining about matt and trey portraying anti smoking people as irrational while being irrational.
>>
>>85724798
At one point she was only 75 pounds. That's might not even have been her lowest.
>>
>>85724547
>>85724671
12 step is literally god is in charge and you're not responsible for your actions
>>
File: wendy photoshop.gif (414KB, 360x280px) Image search: [Google]
wendy photoshop.gif
414KB, 360x280px
>The Hobbit
>they lied about an ugly ass turd with a shit personality being perceived as hot as long as she dressed like a slut and photoshopped her pics
>because it's empowering and anyone who disagrees is a hater
>this exaggerated point never actually happens to this degree irl
>guys literally don't find disgusting, slow, fat, unhygenic, insecure, condescending, mouth-breathers attractive just because they're empowered by photoshopping their looks
>it's actually an insult to guys as well as girls
>used this ironic strawman to knock down one of the most headstrong characters in the series who normally doesn't give a shit about approval
>"Boo Wendy boo!"
>"uh oh, gotta keep up with those wittle whores or else I won't fit in and people will think I'm a hater" *sob* *sob*

Holy shit. This only worked because they purposefully broke Wendy's character. Tons of women don't photoshop themselves to kardashian levels and they get fulfilling employment, relationships, and friends just fine. The attention bubble is what's fake, and why should independent people like Wendy suddenly care about that kind of attention? This episode was such a pander.
>>
>No one mentioned "Ike's Wee-Wee"
>>
>>85724840

For thinking anorexics should get some perspective on life?
>>
>>85724877
Do you have a dirty penis or something?
>>
>>85722928
All of them.
>>
>>85722928
It's something I've been thinking about a lot recently, not necessarily about South Park, just about my own values. The big joke of the Bono episode is that he is literally a giant piece of shit. Funny, because of the cultural perception of Bono as a giant piece of shit. But why? Because he's smug? What does it say about our values that we think a guy who does good things and brags about it is a worse person than a guy who does and says nothing?
>>
>>85724851
>it's so bullshit how I'm not allowed to release clouds of poison into public places onto unsuspecting people whenever I feel like it

It's ok anon. I understand that it's just the nicotine talking.
>>
>>85724798
>>85724798
Youd think someone this autistic could understand the concept of a mental disorder
>>
>>85724826
The term "fag" is used quite often in Europe to refer to a cigarette though.

>>85724841
"Nigger" has always referred to black people though. It still means "black person" it's just an incredibly negative way to refer to one. Any black person can be called a nigger without it having a specific meaning (Like it meaning lazy or uneducated) as opposed to redneck which refers to a very specific subset of white people.

Sure it was turned into a derogatory term technically, but it was turned in a very short amount of time and it has always been used to refer to black people, whereas something like faggot is basically a slang slur.
>>
>>85724863

And? You give no shits about the masses of starving people out there who are literally dying because of a lack of access to food and you expect me to feel sorry for your friend who rejected food, when she had easy access to it, because "boohoo my friends while judge me"? And then you call me a child for thinking that your friend is a narcissistic moron who should get some perspective on life? Fuck you and fuck anorexics.
>>
>>85724851
Well, I don't disagree. Not showering is not illegal, why should reeking of tobacco be?
>>
>>85724905
Well, it's bad behavior to brag about something because you feel superior to someone else. I get what you are saying, but he is a piece of shit because he doesn't want to help people, he wants people to know he helped people.
>>
>>85724948
>If you can't care about every problem out there in the world, you shouldn't be allowed to care about one!!!

You sound like an edgy teen who has zero life experiences.
>>
>>85724882
You're probably the type that tells suicidal people that there are starving children in Africa
>>
>>85724952
You don't start radiating arsenic by not showering.
>>
>>85724969
But why is this even bad? I've just been questioning my morals a lot lately, trying to figure out where they come from, if they even make sense to me, etc... I don't really think (anymore) that it's even bad behavior to brag about how much you help people, provided you actually are helping people.
>>
>>85724938
You're getting way to far into meaningless minutia. Nigger is a derogatory term used by many to refer to black people, faggot is a term used by many to refer to gay people.

To say one is genuinely offensive while the other is perfectly harmless is simply contradictory
>>
>>85724969
Sure you shouldn't brag, but at least other people are being helped through his attempts at boosting his ego. Even if it's negative, there is still an extreme positive coming out of it. So it's weird to think that he is the world's (now second) biggest piece of shit despite his worst crime being "bragging".
>>
The difference between saying nigger and faggot is that faggots very rarely physically assault you if you say it while niggers do.

That's literally it.
>>
>>85725018
>faggot is a term used by many to refer to gay people.
Not anymore.
>>
>>85724882
Anorexia is not just starving yourself for vanity. It's about control. It has elements of OCD- doing a thing makes you feel "right", at peace, not doing a thing makes you feel like you're doing something horribly wrong and everything falls apart, with waves of terrible anxiety and self-loathing. The brain wiring goes wrong and it takes years to unfuck it. It's a mental illness, Anon. I've seen smart, educated people with OCD reduced to the same level of functionality as severe autists, I can imagine why anorectics starve themselves to death.
>>
>>85725011
People find it objectionable if you're only helping people so you can have praise heaped upon you, it makes any work you do seem insincere.

What in particular are you questioning?
>>
>>85725011
>>85725020
It's not like people forget that he does good deeds. You can be a good guy and a piece of shit.
>>
>>85725039
No, it definitely still is.

You dont have to look far on this very site to see people using it to refer to gays in a derogatory way. At this point you're coming off as delusional
>>
>>85725018
Their point was that the meaning of words changes over time, with faggotgoing from obnoxious homosexuals to people who are generally annoying without necessarily being homosexual.
>>
>>85725049
>What in particular are you questioning?
>>it makes any work you do seem insincere.

I guess that part. What you do after the action has no effect on the action itself. Is there a difference between a person who does good quietly with no fanfare and a person who does the same good and thinks they're hot shit? Functionally, no.
>>
>>85725070
>Look at 4chan to see how things are
Ah, so meme magic is real.
>>
>>85724905
Theoretically, if helping others is desirable, you should help them for its own sake, not for your ego. Because if you focusing on your ego, it distracts you from actual goal. You would neglect what is needed over what makes you feel good. Being a salvation armyman who only feeds cute children, or being a conservation activist who only cares about pandas and not blobfishes or something.

Practically, people just don't like being reminded what selfish cunts they are.
>>
>>85725018
The point of the episode is that the meaning of words change, though. The slur faggot was not originally slur and when it did become one, it was not used as heavily as it is now a hundred years ago and in another hundred years it might end up referring to something else. The word nigger has almost always had the same meaning throughout its time and is so ingrained to the point where it might never mean anything else ("Nigga" is a whole other debate I don't care to get into).

The meaning of faggot could very well change within a generation or two. Nigger never will.
>>
>>85725076
Yes nobody ever uses it to refer to gays in a negative way. That use of it is literally extinct.

Moron.
>>
>>85725083
>What you do after the action has no effect on the action itself
That's more a matter of opinion. Motives mean everything.
>>
>>85724976

Im not saying every problem, im talking about one problem which is starvation due to not being able to access food.

And actually I have some experience of going without meals, i spent my late childhood and all of my teens with my family on the brink of bankruptcy and meals had to sometimes to skiped. Obviously my parents put me and my little sister first so they would mostly go without meals, sometimes only eating a cheap breakfast and working all day. Its not a nice thing to see and I know there are people out there who have it a lot worse than me and my family.

So no, im not going to feel sorry for some girl who turned down meals because "bawww my friends will judge me".
>>
>>85725018
>>85725039
It is but I think more the take away is that the language DID evolve. There's enough of an understanding between a lot of people that faggot is just another word for douche. While some may also use it as a gay slur a lot use it as a general insult as well. Nigger on the otherhand is still mostly just a slur against blacks. Very few use it to mean "Ignorant Motherfucker" so most won't understand it as that.
>>
>>85725084
>faggot doesn't refer to gays anymore
>I give an example where it does
>that doesn't count
>>
>>85725090
I can call you a table. I meant it in a derogatory way. Did I just change the meaning of the word?
>>
>>85725131
>4chan is my example
And I cite wikipedia
>>
>>85725083
If the person who's looking for attention for their work doesn't get it, they're likely to stop. Someone who works for the good of others probably won't stop if they don't get attention they were never looking for. Thr level people find objectionable is when people proclaim that they are the only reason any level of relief or aid reaches people in need. You could also make the argument that despite being extremely wealthy, Bono hasn't and probably won't donate his fortune, he'll use other people's money.
>>
>>85725140
If a few million people do it consistently for years, yes, table will become a slur. Because language evolves, the point of the episode.

Like how the term "Banana" can be offensive to some Asians or "Oreo" to some blacks.

I'm giving a very mild example, but I'm just showing how a simple word like banana can be turned into a slur. Any word can if enough people use it.
>>
>>85725115
It still is contradictory to the message of the "nigger" episode though.

The point was that no matter how much you try to jump through hoops and justify it, a white person just doesn't get how a black person might feel when he hears the word nigger.

And then they make an episode where they jump through a bunch of hoops to justify the use of the word faggot. As if that same "you can never understand" concept doesn't apply
>>
>>85722928
Agreeing or disagreeing with a deliberately ridiculous cartoon is why America sucks so much.
>>
>>85725039
Not here anyway. But we're sort of a linguistic outlier.
>>
>>85725184
>And then they make an episode where they jump through a bunch of hoops to justify the use of the word faggot.
Your definition of "Jumping through hoops" is weird.
>>
>>85725186
But there are two giant mouthpieces behind that cartoon. This isn't a show made by a random group of writers whose intent it is to randomly shock and awe like Family Guy, Matt and Trey are very much the core writing team, have been since the show started, and frequently use the show to express their opinions.
>>
Reading this thread's interesting, because it reveals how South Park's consistently hated people who do good things like giving to the homeless or preaching equality not out of the goodness of their heart, but purely to satisfy their own ego and to convince themselves that they're better than others. That's always been their main target.
>>
>>85725155
Do you seriously need me to provide an example of someone using faggot to refer to gays?

Google gay teen suicide you'll get plenty of examples
>>
>>85725212
They seem to live in their own worlds though, like Trey saying it's a common occurrence that he'll order a lot of things from Amazon, then forget all about them until the package arrives.
>>
>>85724388

>exclusively a derogatory term

Not exclusively. I hear it most commonly used as a term of endearment my nigga.
>>
>>85725219

South park doesn't criticise people who give money to homeless people, it criticises those who give money to a homeless person and then complain when there's loads of homeless people. Because 1 helps feed your ego, loads are an affront to your eyes.
>>
>>85725238
Admittedly, I do that too. My room is so narrow because I compulsively buy tons of shit and then when it shows up I forget why I needed it and put it on the floor.
>>
>>85725209
Stan spent the whole episode rationalizing that Token shouldnt be so offended by nigger.

Then they made an episode rationalizing that gays shouldn't be offended by faggot
>>
>>85725212

Matt doesn't really write, it's mostly trey.
>>
>>85725219
The Smug episode's a great example of this.
>>
>>85725240
It was an attempt to take hold of a slur and put some empowerment into it, but it's still a highly controversial word. A lot of the black community actually hate nigga and think it's setting back the negative image a lot of blacks are trying to fight against.
>>
>>85725212
South Park never evolved into something greater that legitimized Matt and Trey's opinions as relevant, America's standards have just been plummeting across the board since before and during the show's run. Jokes about a transsexual with a speech impediment aren't more sophisticated and sociopolitically astute than jokes about an elementary school student getting anally probed.
>>
>>85725238
That's a thing that happens to a lot of rich people though. Amazon just has sweet shit as such a low price, and with fucking Prime? Fuck yeah, there in a couple of days.

I've done that shit a lot during some of my good years where I had a lot of disposable income. I don't like going out to restaurants, so I just kind of blow it on posters and stuff I liked at the time then forget about it.
>>
>>85723779
>who better to warn against the dangers of heroin than a heroin addict.

Doesn't work in this case. Matt and Trey showed us making fun of celebrities will make you rich.

>>85723779

A creator will make fun of someone or something in a satirical or parodying way, but some fans don't know that and they follow their shows opinion like religion and will hate that person being made fun of in the show more than the actual creators do! Some people are dumb enough not to realize its just a joke and the creators don't actually hate that person as in portrayed in the show.
>>
The "eek a penis" episode was trying to portray how being afraid of trans people was stupid, but because they had already butchered Garrison's character and turned him into such a cunt, it back fired and came of as incredibly anti trans.

The manbearpig one came back to bite both of them in the ass as well. I think at this point they know they fucked up which is why they no longer reference it in any episodes after Imagination Land. I also disliked the one about Randy going to AA because the moral of the story ended up being "fuck you if you're an alcoholic you lazy piece of shit."

I also just hate how they shit all over the mexicans. Like it's funny that they made Token black and then subverted all of his usual tropes, and the way the treat the goth kids with playful teasing respect is pretty cool too. And despite all the Jewish jokes, they don't inherently make fun of jews for being jewish. They just give them some insane mythology. But the mexicans consistently get shit all over. There's no joke, Matt and Trey just really hate mexicans.
>>
>>85724882

>Mental illness can be fixed with perspective

You are a thick fuck aren't ya?
>>
>>85725375
>mexicans

I always hated how lazy they were with them too. It's like they use the Mexicans as a punch line when they can't think of anything else. It's borderline McFarlen esque.
>>
>>85725371
Aside from ROB SCHNEIIIDER, who else has had their image ruined by South Park?

Even Tom Cruise "recovered". Rob Schneider is literally only associated with South Park now-a-days.
>>
>>85724877
That could easily be understood as Kyle's dad's opinion only. It wasn't blatant preaching that circumcision is right. The characters are Jewish, of course they think it's right. Although it probably is Trey's opinion because what is subtlety.
>>
>>85724952
First and foremost, not showering and smelling horrible most definitely can and will get you kicked out of plenty of places.

And second, do you seriously think smoking is illegal in so many public places because of the smell? Are you legitimately retarded, or are you just purposely ignoring the very legitimate real reason it's illegal and pretending it's because of some other stupid one so you can act like you're justified in being angry? It's cause people don't like being poisoned, dipshit. If you want to pay some giant corporation thousands of dollars a year to poison yourself go right ahead, but you aren't allowed to also poison everybody around you.
>>
>>85725432
Coppercab was made fun of for being a ginger after the ginger episode, he got mad and now he's a living meme and is just remembered as that. Kanye West constantly is made fun of for the gay fish thing. Al gore also for Manbearpig.

I guess its not as bad as what the paparazzi does, but I still think its hypocritical because they have their fair share of being overly obsessed with certain famous people and have even made them have more episodes than one, like Sally Struthers and Kanye.
>>
>>85725432
Nothing will beat being the focus of the joke that popularised the term herp derp.
>>
>>85725334
It's just a case of "sound authoritative if you want to be believed".
>>
>>85725448
Lost of people still think second-hand smoke don't real.
>>
>>85725432
It's not South Park, but still Matt and Trey, MATT DAMON is still a quote that gets around.
>>
>>85725506
>Coppercab
His latest scheme for Youtube views is pretending to be a tranny.
>>
>>85723080
Came here for this one. It wasn't so much the way they showed the anti-smoking campaign, but more of how hard they glorified the smoking side.
>>
>>85722928
Phil Collins is alright.
>>
I really disagreed with the message behind "Best Friends Forever."

There's no way in hell Cartman would want a PSP that badly. It should have been about a real handheld, like a Nintendo DS.
>>
>>85725907
He froze himself to not have to wait 2 weeks for a Wii. Of course he would.

Re: Smoking stuff, they're basically saying smokers should have the right to smoke if they want and businesses should have the right to allow it if they want. Don't market to kids, don't blow smoke in people's face, but don't demonize and outright ban the practice. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it should be banned.

I disagreed with Pandemic and Pandemic II, because they weren't funny.
>>
>>85725931
But a big part of controversy with smoking is the added nicotine to make it addictive. If smoking just consisted of tobacco was was tradition throughout history, it wouldn't be as big of a problem. Still a problem, just not to this lengths. It may be on the same level as weed, really.
>>
>>85722928
None, they were always right about pretty much everything. My favorite character is Cartman, it was always Cartman.
>>
>>85725931
>Smoking stuff, they're basically saying smokers should have the right to smoke if they want and businesses should have the right to allow it if they want. Don't market to kids, don't blow smoke in people's face, but don't demonize and outright ban the practice
And I really don't have issue with that message. But the way they went about it was really odd for South Park. They completely demonized the anti-smoking campaign while making the pro-smokers a bunch of innocent people who get publicly harassed and happily sing about having the occasional cigarette. I'd expect an episode like that to end with the boys talking about how people should be free to smoke if they want without harassment or banning, but that the message of the anti-smoking campaign wasn't a bad one even if the people giving it were a bunch of assholes utilizing ridiculous tactics.
>>
>>85722928
Pokemon was clearly more than just a fad
>>
>>85723292
Except in the show ManBearPig was real, but Gore was kind of a douche about it. Because MBP is clearly part Bear and part Manpig.
>>
>>85726536
what kinda pussy you gotta be to be annoyed at Al Gore for directing attention towards an issue? news flash you have to be loud or noone will pay attention.
>>
I don't think I ever agreed with them. Four kids farting and cursing, where's the disagreement?
>>
>>85723070
with the epiphany that your reading comprehension sucks dick you should re-read Atlas Shrugged it still sucks
>>
>>85726628
>Four kids farting and cursing
Sounds like you've never watched the show.
>>
File: 1466027644054.jpg (49KB, 480x371px) Image search: [Google]
1466027644054.jpg
49KB, 480x371px
>the episode where they killed off Chef because his VA allegedly said something pro-scientology even though he was on his death bed
>the non-stop barrage about the Patriots when the NFL has had some bigger scandals such as concussions or the player's union
>the inevitable commentary about the presidential election which will basically just be this MSpaint comic
>>
File: 1464554060096.jpg (72KB, 650x427px) Image search: [Google]
1464554060096.jpg
72KB, 650x427px
>>85726628
>>
>>85726664
I watched the first 2 seasons over and over. Then I grew up.
>>
>>85724750
>>85724698
>>85724636
>>85724619
>>85724593
Literally what is happening
>>
>>85725018
I can't remember the last time I used/heard faggot in reference to gay people. It's usually used to describe whiny little, well, faggots.
>>
File: DNBr1xc.jpg (65KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
DNBr1xc.jpg
65KB, 384x313px
>>85726690
>grew up
I'm sorry
>>
>>85726690
>Then I grew up.
Sounds like you're just a manchild who wants people to think he's mature.
If you had properly "grown up" you wouldn't be on /co/.
>>
File: 1457374580220.gif (2MB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1457374580220.gif
2MB, 325x244px
>>85724141
>I'm too stupid to eat and Twitter gives me Vietnam flashbacks
>>
>>85722928
I stopped watching the series, it just wasn't as good anymore though I can't remember any specific preachy episode I disagreed with.

Fractured But Whole has really captured my interest despite no longer watching the show, anyone else like that?
Stick of Truth was pretty good, really hit me in the nostalgia.
>>
>>85726690
then you'll love what the show becomes later. it'll make you feel very superior and mature.
>>
>>85726676
>>the episode where they killed off Chef because his VA allegedly said something pro-scientology even though he was on his death bed

The VA for Chef left because they made fun of Scientology. He was fine with making fun of other religions and ideologies but doing the same for Scientology was just going too far apparently.
>>
>>85725823
They didn't glorify it. They humanized it. Most people smoke to control stress. It's no different than using any other recreational drug to do so. Smoking, for whatever reason, gets particularly demonized to a point of being cartoonish.
>>
>>85726051
>the pro-smokers a bunch of innocent people who get publicly harassed and happily sing about having the occasional cigarette

I have never seen anyone this impervious to irony. That absolutely soared over your head.
>>
That Pewdiepie episode. Some things are stupid and it's okay to criticize them. How insecure you have to be to care if some kid calls you a grandpa? Then again they said they watched Pewdiepie's videos to improve their game, so I'm not surprised.
>>
>>85725227
They probably got bantered for acting like faggots too hard.
>>
>>85726810
I really enjoyed the last season. Having an overarching story line freshened it up. Plus it just had a lot of gold in it
>Kenny being sweet and looking after his sister
>BUCKLE UP BUCKAROO
>The entirety of Tweek and Craig
>SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH LESLIE
>>
>>85722928
The console wars arc where they end up picking Xbone over PS4.
>>
>>85723315
>>85723294
To me the point of the episode was that the environmentalists didn't really care about the rainforests. I mean, a rainforest exists independent of human interest. It doesn't have to be a fun place to visit, much like the amazonian natives don't have to be nice people just because they're at a disadvantage. The environmentalists turned rainforests into a symbol for man-made ideology, rather than treating it as a piece of nature which can be hostile and unpleasant and quite useless from an urban viewpoint.

If anything, the episode suggests that most environmentalists are frauds and idiots, which isn't the same as saying that we should burn down rainforests. When the tour reaches civilisation again, the lesson is that they learned nothing, that the misguided environmentalists did more damage to their supposed cause by trying to force wild nature to fit their agenda.
>>
>>85722928
the Everything Turns To Shit episode
also ginger cow
>>
>>85726810

Stick of Truth was very satisfying. It wasn't innovative in any way but something about all the pieces pulled it together to make it a fantastic experience. Kind of reminded me of the ghostbusters game. Had lots of nice little nods to the original movies and fun new things to find with solid writing throughout to hold it all together.
>>
>>85726847
What other recreational drugs are there besides weed?

Alcoholics are looked down upon just like smokers.
Illegal drugs like crack and meth are looked down upon.
Pill popping is looked down upon.
The only shit that is viewed as semi-acceptable and trying to get pushed for approval is weed.
>>
>>85726948
alcohol is so acceptable you're weird if you don't do it.
>>
>>85724798
>>85724675
with many anorexics it comes down to being in control. Actively losing weight becomes evidence they're in control of their lives, and makes everyone else seem disgusting by comparison. That's why it's so hard to get back to eating at a healthy level, they can't stand the scales sticking forward, it feels like they've lost control of their life.
Does giving them some other thing in their life to control intensely help? Like their flexibility or blood pressure or physical strength?
>>
>>85726999
Having a drink is acceptable but someone who drinks everyday like someone who smokes everyday is viewed just as "dirty" or like they have a serious problem.
>>
>>85725219
I really don't like that message.
If you donate money to children's hospital, that's a good thing. If you brag about it, that's a bad thing, but a still a pretty minor bad thing compared to literally saving lives.
Saying it's better to just do nothing and dismissing anyone who tries to do good as smug is literally just not wanting to be reminded how selfish and unhelpful you are.
>>
>>85726847
Smoking is the stupidest recreation drug by a huge margin. It's literally just poison with an addictive chemical mixed in. People can get addicted to the effects of alcohol, but that's a mental addiction. But you can develop a mental addiction to anything. Not like the nicotine in cigarettes which creates a physical addiction and is in the product for the sole purpose of making you addicted.

And any stress relieved from smoking isn't real stress relief. The stress only exists in the first place because you're going through withdrawal from not having nicotine for a while, and getting your fix just brings you back up to a normal default state. You can't say it's helping you when what it's actually doing is causing the problem in the first place then costing you shit tons of money to fix it. If you'd just never smoked and got addicted to begin with you'd feel that "relief" all the time because it would just be your default state. It only creates the illusion of relief because it's slightly better than before. But by that logic, you might as well walk around with clamps on your nipples all the time so you can occasionally take them off and say "ahhhh that's so much better now I can relax".

Not to mention when you drink alcohol it doesn't damage the liver of everybody in the same room as you like smoking does to every innocent bystanders lungs.

These are some of the main factors that make smokers the stupidest people and makes other people hate them. Plus the way smokers are always completely ignorant of all these things and just cry like they're being victimized for no reason.
>>
>>85727178
The greatest trick tobacco companies ever pulled was making early women's liberation a vehicle for smoking, they even hired women to stage fake protests.
>>
>>85727178
I think it's odd that some addictions are sympathetic while others are demonized. Like fat people are literally eating themselves to death and are hideous disgusting blobs but oh no we need fat acceptance. I don't see why I should prefer an obese land whale over a smoker.
>>
>>85724141
If somebody cant browse twitter because they need to work through some mental issues they should stay the fuck off twitter until they have worked through there issues.
>>
>>85727956
But you pretty clearly prefer the smoker
>>
>>85725219
That's your take from this? It just shows that their brand of humor is against the grain, so they'll find an angle to get at a subject that others wouldn't make fun of.
>>
>>85727992
I dislike both but at least there are smoking areas where smokers go to be away from me. Bring in fatass areas so I don't have to look at them.
>>
>>85724675
Yeah anorexia is a horrible condition but that does not mean we need safe spaces.

Besides anybody whos anorexia is bad enough there at risk of death should be in hospital.
>>
>>85728028
There should be safe spaces for everyone. World should not be one fucking marketplace and partially Orwellian nightmare.

Social networks were a mistake.
>>
>>85724952
Because not showering is unlikely to make the people around you suffer from lung failure.
>>
File: 1455633495248.jpg (52KB, 716x724px) Image search: [Google]
1455633495248.jpg
52KB, 716x724px
>>85728084
>There should be safe spaces for everyone.

Except for straight white men. That would be racist and sexist and homophobic.
>>
>>85728093
Well now I'm curious. How many people have had lung failure from second hand smoke?
>>
>>85728093
You don't know me at all.
>>
>>85728098
Yes, that's another problem. Men should be allowed to ban women from their communities if they feel so.
>>
The writer's strike episode.
>>
>>85724803
d'accord means okay.
bien means good.
>>
>>85728118
Well lung cancer rather then failure but according to the u.s department of health and human services about 3000 adult deaths a year in the u.s
>>
>>85722928
i think there was one, but i forgot which one
>>
>>85723940
yeah the rest of the season was kinda sad, like they were giving up, they see the problem but they are too tired, so they just admit defeat and roll with it
>>
>>85723080

Yeah, I don't know much about the guys but the way the episode went I felt like I could tell they smoked alot.
>>
>>85726676

>you think I would take the risk of having people disagree with me?

I thought people were saying that these days because they legitimately don't care for the candidates. I know people on both sides who honestly just kinda want to wash their hands of the whole thing.
>>
>>85727014
There is a disorder which makes you obsessively work out.
>>
I'm more 'sjw' than probably 98% of this site so a lot of there stuff doesn't mesh well with me. It doesn't mean I don't like the show though. Last season was expecially displeasing and tbqh boring.

I wish they'd do less political stuff. I don't like political cartoons much.

>>85727026

Someone who smokes cannabis every day is seen as weird too.
>>
>>85729737
yes, but at least it's not anorexia.
>>
Grey Dawn, because obviously people in general should pass basic physicals and mental evaluations in order to renew their driver's license, regardless of age. These guys didn't grow up in NJ, they don't know what bad driving is.
>>
>>85727178
>People can get addicted to the effects of alcohol, but that's a mental addiction.

Lel, this is completely wrong.
>>
>>85729827
>I'm more 'sjw' than probably 98% of this site

What are you doing here instead of reddit or tumblr? Who gets triggered by south park?
>>
>>85730017
It's wrong, but you do have to go out of your way to develop a physical addiction. You have to get to the point where you've probably already done serious damage to your stomach, intestines and esophagus. I'd know, because I crap blood every so often and have no physical addiction whatsoever.
>>
>>85728023
Didn't that Freemium episode have Satan explain this shit? People do stuff to feel good. So, smoking is actually worse than overeating if what that other anon said is true about smoking actually just making you feel worse when you're not using it instead of actually making you feel better than usual.
>>
>>85722928
The absolute biggest one was the alcoholics anonymous one. Same with the Family Guy AA episode.

The point was "AA is just as bad as drinking because all you're doing is getting brainwashed into changing one addiction for another" while ignoring the fact that drinking literally kills people and destroys families while AA I don't believe has murdered a single person. Yes, you're changing one addiction for another, but being addicted to AA is WAY better for you and your life than being addicted to alcohol.
>>
File: 1459774527992.jpg (74KB, 455x619px) Image search: [Google]
1459774527992.jpg
74KB, 455x619px
ITT people who take South Park way too seriously.
>>
>>85724593
just as invalid of a problem as someone who is addicted to junk food instead of drugs or alcohol

it's all fucking stupid, so just let people do it, they don't matter anyway
>>
>>85730043

I've been using 4chan for over six years. It's a good site for discussions, no matter your political views. I don't get 'triggered' by it. Criticism or disagreeing with something is not the same as being upset by it.
>>
>>85730086
AA doesn't murder people but it also doesn't effectively put into perspective "why" drinking is bad for the addict. If you've ever had experience with NA as well as AA you'd know opiate addicts are going to be way more committed to making you think they have their shit together and will go to those meetings just to shut everyone up. So it ends up just being a bunch of meetings where people make up excuses and enable each other instead of really try to intervene and help them. It's just a way for everyone at the meeting to pat themselves on the back and go "I go to meetings, at least I'm not the guy passed out on the bench with his pants down his ankles."
>>
>>85724388
Irish and Arabs can be refered to as niggers
>>
>>85730199
I know AA and NA aren't perfect, but the point of those episodes was that the organizations are wrong and just as damaging as the addiction they're trying to fix when that's patently wrong and actually quite damaging. Especially when the proposed solution offered in both episodes was "just drink less! It's not hard." If moderation was so easy for everyone, we wouldn't have those organizations in the first place! It's like trying to cure clinical depression by saying "just cheer up."
>>
>>85730272
AA is so unhelpful I wouldn't say it should be spared from being lampooned on South Park. Most people who go to these things still drink and do drugs every other day of the week. The truth is, alcoholics do just need to "drink less" but want a drawn-out half hour session to explain why they rationalize the decision to keep doing it. And that's not a bad thing, being able to talk about it - it just doesn't stop them from drinking.
>>
>>85730356
Speaking from experience, it stops some people that absolutely would have died without it. No treatment is one hundred percent effective and AA is certainly far from that, but it absolutely does more good than harm.
>>
>>85730356
Just trying to drink less or stop drinking is just as effective as AA though
The other steps aren't necessary
>>
>>85730492
AA probably helps stall off some liver transplants by a few months. But as far as NA is concerned I think it's useless. I really do wish they were more effective and not just a bunch of people sitting and talking. But the way we approach mental health overall in this country is totally fucked.
>>
>>85727956
Losing weight is considerably harder than quitting any other addiction. Being addicted to cigarettes is a non-issue, point blank, you're stupid, get some gum or patches and fucking stop lighting up between meals because you can't sit still for five minutes.
>>
File: 1385320997975.jpg (62KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
1385320997975.jpg
62KB, 440x440px
>>85730692
>Losing weight is considerably harder than quitting any other addiction
>>
>>85730722
Not everyone is a masochist that would prefer to spend their day running nowhere or moving heavy things for entertainment. Endorphins are the shittiest drug out there, and exercise is a horrible thing you have to cuck yourself into enjoying. I'm not a fat acceptance shill but don't lie.
>>
>>85730086

>Peter being an upstanding man, good father, hard worker, etc. was just as bad as him abusing and torturing his family and being an all-around scumbag

Yeah, that episode had a weird message.
>>
File: 1455711789755.jpg (26KB, 480x319px) Image search: [Google]
1455711789755.jpg
26KB, 480x319px
>>85730762
>>
File: muhfugga.jpg (37KB, 291x433px) Image search: [Google]
muhfugga.jpg
37KB, 291x433px
>>85724520
The FUCK you talkin' 'bout, nyigga? I ain't against smokin', errybody knows that.
>>
>>85724008
>gross

Tumblr pls
>>
>>85730762
I'm so sorry.
>>
ManBearPig, and that part in My Future Self 'n' Me where it turns out "second-hand smoke gives you cancer" is a lie made up by "ultraliberals".

Y'know, like every scientist not paid off by tobacco companies, and Nancy Reagan.

yes, I know they made a whole episode about how that one fat anti-smoking campaigner is a big fat meanie, but if about a dozen seconds of one episode made me roll my eyes, then I'm sure a whole episode will give my eyeballs the power of perpetual motion.
>>
>>85722928
I typically don't care but one complaint I have about the previous season is that every annoying edgelord of the world is grasping onto the "PC"/"safe space" meme. Those fucks were annoying enough already without having to hear "you PC, brah" or have my social media feeds filled with whiners about PC culture and SJWs.
>>
>>85731727

Ah, so you're one of those "only RACISTS complain about political correctness!" types.
>>
>>85724014
You should have shitty beliefs to make yourself look unique?
>>
>>85722928

The smoker episode. Smokers need to GTFO and go smoke outside.
>>
>>85731785
No.
>>
>>85724866
It's admitting you need the aid of a higher power because your addiction has gotten to the point where you physically and mentally are unable to function or you require alcohol to function.

Your actions are your own, but you need to intervention of something more important than yourself and your needs.

Source: Had to get two family members clean.
>>
>>85726051
The point was to reverse the narrative. Like saying to the anti-smoking people "how do you like it when you're painted as hand-wringing villains? Doesn't seem fair, does it?"
>>
>>85726536
>ManBearPig was real

He wasn't real until the Imagination Land episode, that is, he was made up
>>
>>85723034
When did they shit on Atlas Shrugged?

>>85726676
>the episode where they killed off Chef because his VA allegedly said something pro-scientology even though he was on his death
bed

This literally did not happen. Hayes asked to be released from his contract after the Scientology episode. They killed off Chef after he left (did you seriously not notice that they used old sound bites the whole episode?).

He died two years after the episode
>>
>>85730017
Alright, remove the nicotine from your cigarettes and replace it with a little bit of alcohol and see if you're just as content so smoke them.
>>
>>85732145
>When did they shit on Atlas Shrugged?
It was a really early episode, the one with the chickenfucker and Officer Barbrady learning how to read.
>>
>>85730043
>Who gets triggered by south park?

Conservative Christians and Muslims have been prone to a few triggerings. Then again, what hasn't set them off.
>>
>>85732179
Alcohol is one of those substances where the withdrawal can actually KILL you.
>>
>>85725049
Well, it's not just that. It's also because it tells people that if you only do things for the praise, you'll only help out the people that'll praise you for helping out. Not everybody is going to say thanks or "you're a good person" when you help them.
>>
>>85730762
You do not have to be active to lose weight. It all has to do with the kitchen. Fat people are fat because of what they do, not because of what they don't do. I lost 120 pounds after highschool and still smoke.
>>
>>85732330
>I lost 120 pounds after highschool and still smoke.
Doesn't smoking help you lose weight?
>>
>>85730762
>losing weight = exercise

Oh, honey.
>>
>>85732203
Are you sure you're not thinking of heroin?
>>
>>85730762
You act like there are only two forms of exercise.
>>
>>85732447
Nope.
http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/alcohol-withdrawal-symptoms-treatments

Dying from it isn't common but it does happen.
>>
>>85730762
>exercise is a horrible thing you have to cuck yourself into enjoying

What does this even mean
>>
>>85732423
It can help you because your spending cash on cigarettes rather than food.
>>
File: 1384352749840.png (343KB, 512x343px) Image search: [Google]
1384352749840.png
343KB, 512x343px
>blacks are always cool and can do no wrong
>one of them literally has a black wife's son

Bravo M&T.
>>
World War Zimmerman made me stop watching the show.
>>
>>85730692
>Losing weight is considerably harder than quitting any other addiction.
>>
>>85725036
Saying it or calling someone it? If you're referring to the same subset of black people I'm thinking of and it's a bit difficult to tell what some anons mean by this then does it really matter what you call them if they're edging for a fight? Both words could get you fired, ruin you're rep or weird looks outside whatever scenario this is and neither group has to be present. Jonah Hill had to apologize on public TV for calling someone a faggot. In some notable instances it's not even the word itself that people consider offensive. Nigga has definitely entered common parlance or at the very least it has a better chance than words like wetback or beaner for example. I've heard nigga and nigger on tv more times than faggot and both words more than times than an images of Muhammad. I'm really starting to think anons overplaying this a bit.
>>
>>85723159
But Global Warming IS fake.
>>
>>85722928
I'll admit to thinking the smoking episode was kinda weird when I first watched it.
>>
File: sweating-bullets.jpg (23KB, 377x345px) Image search: [Google]
sweating-bullets.jpg
23KB, 377x345px
>>85725797
>ginger
>tranny
oh fucking meme magic
>>
>>85723299
Fuck off
>>
File: tumblr_n34tqpqu7Y1r4gei2o6_400.gif (277KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n34tqpqu7Y1r4gei2o6_400.gif
277KB, 320x240px
The only thing I've ever really "disagreed" with on SP was they're views on transgenderism.
I mean...there have been episodes I haven't particularly enjoyed because they came off more mean spirited than satire/parody (Fun with Veal comes to mind) but I still quite enjoy the show.
>>
>>85730762
Going for a walk a few times a week isn't torture, you fat fuck
>>
>>85722928
The atheists in the future.
>There will be still wars so non-believing doesn't change much
>they will still fight over what kind of atheists they are

Yes there will be wars but It's hard to imagine a atheist ISIS or boko haram. The greater problem is ideology and dogmatism and religion is one of them.
>>
>>85731874
Right. Even if you ignore that you harm yourself and others. The smell that sticks to the clothes is disgusting.
Would you ignore it If people meet in the break room to fart for 5 minutes?
>>
>>85733497
>blacks are always cool and can do no wrong
Where did they say this? There were plenty of asshole black characters.
>>85731785
Not him, but I'd say the most vocal people about anti-pc stuff are. Generally speaking.
>>
>>85736548
>Yes there will be wars but It's hard to imagine a atheist ISIS or boko haram
I can see it easily, just based on Race.
>>
>>85736812
Ok but I don't think it's more likely than before.

Their agument is like: If we cure cancer than people still die for other resons like car crashes, earth quakes, other diseases or age.
So why even try to cure it.
>>
the one where they have Jesus in imagination land even though he lives in there own real world as a talk show host. Kinda contradicts themselves.
>>
>>85734242
Let it go man, even Republicans in Congress and Fox News admit it's real. They just refuse to admit it's man-made.
>>
>>85736988
It might be possible that South Park Jesus and Imagination Land Jesus are two separate characters...?
>>
>>85723573
Even funnier is how they dismissed Pokemon as just a fad, and yet it's lasted 20 years with no sign of ever stopping.
>>
>>85723080
I love how one of the ways they tried to justify the tobacco industry in America was that it "brought over" thousands of africans
>>
>>85737108
Hmmm could be.
>>
>>85737207
Pokemon is a solid franchise, yes. But in 1999, it was fucking EVERYWHERE. Kids like myself would beg for shit just because it had a Pokemon on it. The first three films had wide releases in theaters and the first movie held the record for highest grossing animated feature for 2 weeks before Toy Story 2 came out.

By about 2001-02, the fad kinda faded out a little, but it had a dedicated fanbase and Nintendo knew how to market Pokemon to a new group of kids every few years. The recent release of Pokemon Go kinda sparked the fad a little again, but it's now slowly dying out.
>>
The Harley Davidson episode, though it was funny. I don't ride, but everyone knows loud pipes save lives.
>>
>>85728167
Yeah, they really didn't seem to understand what the WGA was mad about, and then they acted all smug by acting like the WGA don't know what they're doing and don't know how the internet works.
>>
>>85731547
Did Matt and Trey ever admit that they were wrong and that climate change is real?
>>
>>85729827
>I wish they'd do less political stuff. I don't like political cartoons much.
Yeah, I definitely tuned out around season 10 when it became the "Obama & Randy in All About Politics!" show and didn't look back except for the Cthulu arc. Only recently got back because I had avoided South Park so long, I found it funny again. I'm sure I'll end up finding it boring once more when they start spamming episodes to hell and back about Bernie Sanders, Trump, and Hilary.

My favorite episodes are ones like where they're newscasters or CartmanLand, Ginger Kids, Casa Bonita, and Tsst.

That Tweek and Craig episode was great, I wish they'd do more of that.
>>
The "Fantastic Easter Special" (aka the Da Vinci Code parody) where the moral seems to be that the Catholic Church and other religious groups shouldn't have any real leaders and should never say anything about anything, just as "Jesus intended".
>>
>>85737322
Came here to post this. It WAS just a fad back at the turn of the century. It died out solidly, kept alive by a series of games as Nintendo fed its franchise. The recent Pokemon Go game is also a fad and is already dying. It's like MLP in that it comes and goes, sometimes it'll hit big but mostly its just gonna be there for the fans only.
>>
>>85737244
Your irony detector is broken. The fact that it was CARTMAN who said "So if it weren't for tobacco, many of our black friends wouldn't be here!" should've clued you in.
>>
>>85728171
Wtf? I hate spanish now.
>>
Mormons are cool and perfect but all other religions are shit!
>>
>>85723294
I think you took their words literally, anon.

Stan and Kyle ARE Trey and Matt's self-inserts. When Robert Smith saved the day in one of the episodes, Stan said "Disintegration is the best the Cure album" it was Trey speaking through Stan, earnestly.
>>
>>85724869
>used this ironic strawman to knock down one of the most headstrong characters in the series who normally doesn't give a shit about approval
I tried, anon. I tried to forget this episode until now.

I concur.
>>
>>85727956
>Buh muh fat people
Literally every fucking smoker makes this argument and it's absolutely baffling.

A) It doesn't fucking matter if other people are doing shitty things as well, in no way does that impact your shitty thing. You sound like a child whining "BUT JIMMY WAS DOING IT TOO, WHY AM I GETTING PUNISHED THIS IS SO UNFAIR!!!!!!"

B) Morbidly obese people are not breathing actual poison into the air around them. It's actually a personal choice, unlike smoking. The issue people have with smoking isn't that it's unhealthy and bad for people- I couldn't care less about that, in fact, if you want to pound rusty nails into your dick and balls every night then knock yourself right out. I don't give the slightest fuck what you do with your body and your time. The problem is that smoking affects other people as well, and infringes on their rights, which is not acceptable.
>>
>>85738449
Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>85724877
Fucking. This.
>>
>>85724642
This is true. I have no problem with trans folk, but it IS really fucking stupid. Still, people should be able do do as they please with their life as long as they don't harm anyone but their own
>>
File: 1471726962078.png (265KB, 1299x1322px) Image search: [Google]
1471726962078.png
265KB, 1299x1322px
I've been waiting for them to shill against Trump but it seems like the Clinton Campaign budget didn't stretch that high.
>>
>>85722928
I fucking hate them talking about the Mormon episode. It just them being pretentious and using that as a stepping stone to say all religion is fucking stupid.
>>
>>85722928
what was the motorcycle episode about?

I think it was that one
>>
>>85740342
It depends on where you draw the line at "harming people"

As in, reinforcing harmful stereotypes.
>>
>>85740342
>as they don't harm anyone but their own
Man that drums up a whole modern day shitty discussion about "triggering". The whole "Y-You're harming me if I don't like it!" and where the line of harming people is drawn. Do offensive images harm people? I dunno anymore.

I totally agree, but fuck, even that reasoning has just gotten shat on the last five years or so.
>>
>>85739258
>It's actually a personal choice, unlike smoking.

Depends on where you draw the line there too. Insurance companies pay for the disabilities and health problems that come from obesity, airplanes use more fuel to carry one heavy person instead of two people (two tickets), stuff like that. No it's not the same as literally breathing and exhaling poison but it's not 100% irrelevant to society.
>>
>>85725823
I feel like that mmade the joke good though,
>>
>>85740524
>Do offensive images harm people?

They generally harm the people intended to offend, that's the point of the humor, it's at the victim's expense.
>>
>>85740377
Didn't you see the Trump episode last season?
>>
>>85723936
So what's the issue? It's basically the same thing. A tranny woman is a man with silicone and a mutilated penis.
>>
>>85739258
>It doesn't fucking matter if other people are doing shitty things as well, in no way does that impact your shitty thing

Welcome to my point. One shouldn't be acceptable while the other is not.
>>
>>85739258
>Morbidly obese people are not breathing actual poison into the air around them

You ever smell a morbidly obese person? I'd take the smoke. It'd be a more pleasant death.
>>
>>85740995
>>85741032
>I respond to posts before I finish reading them
>I also pretend your points aren't valid because I can't refute them
>>
>>85722928
I usually either don't care or might agree with them, but that queef episode I thought was just retarded and preachy.
>>
File: you suck mcbain.jpg (18KB, 452x339px) Image search: [Google]
you suck mcbain.jpg
18KB, 452x339px
>>85724751
>then when they're leaving they see a guy smoking and all start yelling at him
>>
>>85724905
>"Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly."
>>
File: editm3.png (15KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
editm3.png
15KB, 500x500px
The sony/microsoft parody, like who would pick an xbox when you have a playstation within reach?
>>
>>85737579
They were kind of correct though? That strike lasted what, a month? And achieved what, exactly?
>>
>>85725448
lol fag* here thinks second hand smoke is harmful. Way to fall for Rob's propaganda ya dumb libtard. - says the nonsmoker

* Harley Davidson rider
>>
>>85725931
Take that back you faggot Toaster! That 2 partner is like my favorite episode of the whole series. I don't know what message you didn't like, but it was a fucking blast of entertainment
>>
Interesting that this thread seems to hone in on like, six specific episodes out of 250+.
>>
>>85737644
But it isn't
It's just a Libtard lie. The climate haw,always gone through fluctuations since documented science.
>>
I honestly did not care for 200 and 201 as it felt more preachy than usual, even though I like Cartoon Wars even if its using the same message
>>
>>85742217
The planet has always gone through climate change... Which means it's historically true.
And the climate change has sped up due to human interference, so scientifically it's true.

Where's the lie?
>>
>>85732507
True. I stoked cold turkey after 6 years drinking hardcore and went comatose woke in hospital. Was hella scary. I've relapsed too and drink a lot now (been 5 years) and worry what will happen. Addiction sucks when you have no stabilizing Anchorage. I tried going to AA but it was religious bullshit I couldn't rationalize
>>
>>85741958
Because most of the time, South Park is only controversial when they are making fun of certain topics. Their opinions aren't normally the thing you take from a South Park episode.
>>
>>85732180
I remember now, Barbrady was learning to read throughout the episode and in the end it was the book that convinced him that reading was terrible
>>
>>85737644
Kyle said in the smug episode how hybrids would one day help save the planet, but that's it.

They also had that Day After Tomorrow parody that made global warming out to be some version of The Happening.
>>
I never disagree, but sometimes they go too far into black comedy and it makes me too disturbed to really laugh.
>>
>>85737644
Believing that climate change is real should be part of the limus if you're from tumblr or not.
>>
>>85740342
Poster you rwpiled to. I don't care what happenes to anyone, but I think folks should be able to do as they please based on preference, regardless of how stupid their shit it. But be warned. I'm an utlran Libertariantard. I think all free people should be able to do as they please as long as it hurts no other individuals
>>
>>85722928
The 9/11 episode and the Vote or Die one.
>>
>>85741441
I saw it more of an over exaggeration on how nutty people get at "Black Friday" than console war shit. Honestly, I've went out on those days for the past 3 years and I've never seen it like how everyone makes it out to be.

>>85722928
>What episode did you find yourself disagreeing with them?
All the new randy episodes but specifically the musical one, mainly because I went with my girlfriend to one and didn't get a blowjob she ended up dumping me and the I started dating her younger sister
>>
>>85723159
They said in the commentary they believe in Global Warming, they just think Al Gore's powerpoint shouldn't have gotten as much attention or won awards or have been considered a "film".
>>
>>85723998

but people who bitch about those people are even more likely to be assholes with bloated egos, is the issue here, like matt & trey.
>>
>>85724156
>When they said immigration was a good thing.
You talking about the Goobacks episode? I thought the message was that if you make the place they immigrate from not shit they'll stop coming.
>>
>>85723329
.....But there is?
>>
>>85724156
>When they said Trayvon dindu nuffin.

No they didn't, they said what happened.

He defended himself and he got killed for it.
>>
their highly mean-spirited views on transgender people.

their message was just "lol trans people are so dumb. don't they know you cant change your gender? its like saying youre a dolphin!".
its just mean. thats it. Im trans. its awful. its a fucking mental disorder. nobody fucking wants this. you dont need to tell me how shitty my life is, because trust me I KNOWW
>>
>>85745602
0/10
>>
>>85743888
>The 9/11 episode
They went back on that. They said it was just post 9/11 American glory.
>>
Go Fund Yourself, mostly for giving Kickstarter shit. Just because some retards are abusing Kickstarter for personal gain doesn't mean EVERYONE is. It didn't mean that much to me though, the Washington Redskins plot made up for it more than enough in my eyes.

>>85745602
You did see their episode The Cissy, right?

>>85723940
At least it's implied you can beat the shit out of him in the newer game
>>
>>85730909
I love you.
>>
>>85728686
I think they're ex-smokers and they said something a long the lines of you're not cool if you don't hang out with the smokers at the bar.

It was in one of their episode commentaries.
>>
>>85726536
Man Bear Pig wasn't real, it came directly from Al Gore's imagination.
>>
>>85740377
They're going to make fun of all the candidates. I doubt they like either major candidate and I'm sure they Jill Stein will be easy target for jokes. They might also throw in Bernie Sanders in there in the same way they represent Al Gore.

Now the question is will they promote Gary Johnson?
>>
Every episode in which they try to portray their opinion as the "middle," and everyone outside their political sphere as "extreme."
Two words, "Overton Window," and the whole posturing of the show falls apart.
>>
They announced a contest for whoever can dress up the most like an original South Park Superhero on the Fractured Butt Whole website.
I wish I didn't live in Wisconsin so I could attend.
>>
>>85723080
I don't know if this was the same episode, but once they tried arguing smoking was good because we made slaves to help make the cigarettes or something, and that making people slaves was good because now we have black friends. Like, what the fuck?
>>
>>85722928
Just the stem cell one
>>
Why are smokers so whiny? I thought smoking was supposed to be masculine.
>>
>>85747293
Which one, the one where Cartman clones a Stackey's Pizza and uses a dying Kenny as means to an end or the one where Christopher Reeves becomes a super villain?
>>
>>85747488
Reeves. I haven't seen the pizza episode.
>>
>>85723159
It's
less 'global warming doesn't real' more 'al gore is kind of a jack ass and is just using this real thing as an excuse to get attention and push his real agenda'

pretty much everyone paying attention to the scientific community acknowledges climate change as real. The real question is 'how much of it is human activity and how much of it is natural?' the follow up being 'what can we do to stop it? Do we want to stop it?'

there's a lot of answers there and Al Gore isn't really interested in discussing the use of tax money to fund the research and development of photo voltaic cells and how we can revolutionize the way they're used in providing the average citizen electric power.

He wants campaign funding and public accolades, that's all.
>>
>>85722928

almost any episode that involves global warming
>>
>>85727956
In what universe are fat people not a socially acceptable object of ridicule? Do you spend all your time on tumblr or on college campuses? "Fat acceptance" isn't a thing in real life
>>
The show began to go downhill around the time of the Manbearpig episode. That's when Trey and Matt realized they didn't need to actually try: they could make an episode with exactly one joke in it (in this case, "Al Gore doesn't have any friends" ) repeat it dozens of times, and dumbasses would still watch it because it repeated their opinions back at them.

The most recent season basically takes that idea and applies it to a whole season. 13 straight episodes where the only joke is "LOL POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, AM I RIGHT, FELLOW REDDITORS?" and people fucking worship it.

It's funny because in the first season South Park introduced Terrance and Phillip as this parody of shitty cartoons with only one joke per episode that gets repeated endlessly, and now that's all South Park is.
>>
>>85748064
>REDDITORS
Stopped reading there.
>>
File: classy robot man.png (407KB, 637x361px) Image search: [Google]
classy robot man.png
407KB, 637x361px
>>85747793
>He wants campaign funding

He hasn't campaigned for anything in 16 years, the hell are you talking about.

>The real question is 'how much of it is human activity and how much of it is natural?'

That's not a question at all. It's been settled for years that climate change is caused by humans.

And honestly, once you acknowledge that, who gives a fuck what Al Gore's personal motives are? "Duur huur, well we've established that the entire planet is in danger, but unless a perfect human being with no personal flaws tells us about it, we're just gonna ignore it." It takes real effort to be that stupid.
>>
>>85730722

I don't know how hard it is to lose weight as opposed to other addictions but losing a lot of weight is actually pretty difficult. As you lose weight your bodies appetite increases to compensate because if you're burning your fat reserves your body thinks you're starving to death and need to find food now.
>>
>>85726733
I heard it like two weeks ago when my coworker referred to her gay hairdresser. It's still around in the wild.
>>
>>85740377
They did make fun of him, by having Garrison rape the Canadian President, a Trump stand-in, to death, for putting up a wall to keep the Americans from raping the Canadians to death and taking all their cool shit, although the entire plot just seemed to be there so they could make Garrison decide to run for President.
Buckle up, buckaroos!
>>
>>85723299
Randys good in small doses. If you use him too often he becomes obnoxious.
>>
File: Why Why Why.gif (482KB, 152x129px) Image search: [Google]
Why Why Why.gif
482KB, 152x129px
>>85748414
>tfw when most of the south park fanbase says randy is their favorite character

i was beginning to think i was alone in hating him.
>>
>>85748278
It's really not, once you lose the weight and are eating less your body will adjust and your appetite will fit how much you eat. The hardest thing about keeping off the weight is just not falling into the temptation of eating shitty food because it's tastes good or its there or keeping check of how much you eat.
>>
>>85748767
His shtick got old pretty fast for me. He's basically the typical idiot father in every show on television only done decent on occasion.

I think he's also gotten way too much screen time as the series went on. Like Matt and Trey forgot how to make episodes centered around the boys except for Cartman. Seriously last season Stan, Kyle, and to an extent Kenny didnt do much of anything.
>>
>>85747630
What was the message with the Reeves one?
>>
>>85748145
>It's been settled for years that climate change is caused by humans.
Please don't use One Piece to shitpost. I get enough of that in the /a/ thread.
>>
File: 1472047146953.jpg (232KB, 887x900px) Image search: [Google]
1472047146953.jpg
232KB, 887x900px
>>85724141
Actually kill yourself on the spot for the benefit of mankind.
>>
>>85725375
>came back to bite them in the ass

are you retarded
>>
>>85750313
>for the benefit of mankind
So you're saying they should kill themselves to make the space safer
>>
>>85750405
Not safer, just less idiotic
>>
>>85725375
But what about David?
>>
>>85750253
Actually, there wasn't much of a message about stemcells in the Reeves one, because it was a B-plot where he gains superpowers and becomes a villain.
The main plot was Jimmy and Timmy joining the Crips.
>>
File: South Park PS Girls.png (1MB, 1640x740px) Image search: [Google]
South Park PS Girls.png
1MB, 1640x740px
>>85724869
only good thing about this episode was how the photoshopped versions of the girls looked
>>
>>85725974
doesn't Tobacco naturally contain nicotine though?
>>
>>85750194
Agreed, if I wanted to watch a comedy about a dumb father I'd watch any other comedy. He was a complete asshole in season 19, completely weird in season 18. He doesn't have a consistent character anymore.
>>
>>85750155
no, it doesn't. you are lucky.

source lost 200 lbs.
>>
>>85751834
I lost Mad weight too you're just dumb for believing shit like that.
>>
>>85751935
I "believe" that I'm constantly dissatisfied eating at maintenance this lower weight? I do it anyway.
>>
Matt and Trey are awful. It's easy to get laughs when you poke fun at both sides. What's hard is actually having an opinion on things.
>>
>>85751935
Not him but believing what? He's right, not just speaking from experience but there's a reason rubber banding is so common.
>>
File: 1395044781678.jpg (14KB, 340x198px) Image search: [Google]
1395044781678.jpg
14KB, 340x198px
>>85751976
>being this much of a faggot
>mfw
>>
File: reasus.jpg (85KB, 829x617px) Image search: [Google]
reasus.jpg
85KB, 829x617px
>>85741391
>>
>>85722977
see,this was the perfect opportunity to say; 'well you must be fun at parties...'
but nooooo...
>>85722994
>>
>>85730762
>exercise is a horrible thing you have to cuck yourself into enjoying
>cuck yourself into enjoying
What does having an adulterous spouse have to do with the enjoyment of physical exertion?
>>
>>85750438
Dah-VEED. And he's from Idaho.
>>
>>85752029
it stinks
>>
I just watched Return of Chef and...I have to say I think they went a tad too far with that one.
I know, they had falling out with Isaac Hayes but...damn that episode was vicious.
>>
>>85737207
Well at the time, it felt like a fad. and the drop WAS big. However, Nintendo knew how to market that shit and kept it going for years. Plus, they kept adding new stuff.

That's why Pokemon Go is dropping off. It's made by an incompetent developer.
>>
>>85740377
Because Garrison is the in-universe Trump. The season will start with him campaigning.
>>
>>85757218
They had every reason to.
>>
>anyone who cares about anything or expresses an opinion is a smug idiot
>everyone is stupid aside from us and our viewers, who are too SMART to care too much about anything ;^)
>the correct position on every subject just so happens to be a position you can take while doing absolutely nothing
>>
>>85730762
bless your heart
Thread posts: 381
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.