[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

John Kricfalusi May Be Working On New "Ren & Stimpy"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

http://www.animationscoop.stfi.re/interview-25-years-later-directors-bob-camp-and-bill-wray-remember-the-ren-stimpy-show/?sf=vnzyvzw#ab

In a interview with Animation Scoop to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the iconic Nicktoon The Ren & Stimpy Show, Bill Wray, a director and writer on the original Ren & Stimpy series, has revealed that John Kricfalusi, the creator of The Ren & Stimpy Show, is thought to be working on producing a brand-new Ren & Stimpy short which will be shown in theaters just before Nickelodeon Movies and Paramount Animation's upcoming third SpongeBob SquarePants movie, SpongeBob SquarePants 3, which is set to be released on Friday 8th February 2019!
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 559x568px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 559x568px
>third spongebob movie
>February 2019
>>
>>85678383
>another Spongebob movie
Why? At least wait more than 4 years. We got a secind after 11.
>>
So in other words it'll be ready by the 50th anniversary. Maybe.
>>
File: please stop.jpg (28KB, 164x349px) Image search: [Google]
please stop.jpg
28KB, 164x349px
>More nostalgia wankery
>>
>>85678383
Well that's good, it makes up for that god awful Adult Party spin-off
>>
I loved this show
>>
>>85678383
Literally who cares. I know modern audiences sure won't by then especially. That's shit's normie
repellent to anyone that's not nostalgic for it.
>>
Cool beans man I love my 90s shows, this will be interesting. Can't wait to see some old school slapstick again. We don't get cartoon violence like we used to, so hopefully they stick to the old formula in the show.
>>
>>85678383
Nice
>>
File: file.png (501KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
501KB, 600x450px
>>85678383
>SpongeBob SquarePants 3
>>
>>85678383
Can John do it in 2.5 years? No. I bet the short will be ready for SBSP 4. That's assuming its anything viewable by young children.
>>
To the people talking shit about there being a Sponge 3-

Vincent said the movie is planned to be almost completely traditionally animated, which was easily the best part of the second movie- meaning since it can't hold its ground without being obnoxious in CGI world, it's great it's going to be underwater with muted colors for most of the third.

But yea they should've waited longer, even though it was announced about the time the 2nd got out of theaters in the USA, you guys are behind.
>>
>>85678383
He might be working on it but he sure as shit won't be finishing it
>>
>>85678383
>John K calls up Billy West
>just to gloat about him not being Stimpy
>>
>>85678383
The question remains: should we trust John K?
I love the guy's art and the first two seasons of R&S are my favorite show ever, but he hasn't produced basically anything worth watching since then.
>>
>>85678383
i like john but he shouldn't be the one animating this, he doesn't know how to animate properly anymore
>>
>>85682776
It's when you realize there's no point in ordering a large soda cup, when there is clearly a soda fountain with unlimited soda, and you don't have to ask the cashier for refill's.
the only time you should ever order a large is if you're ordering through the drive-thru, or the if the establishment does not have a soda fountain, and you have to ask for refills, although asking for refills is kinda embarrassing. but if you ever order a large or any cup size, please tell them no ice.
>>
>>85678383
you know what don't get?
why is the that john k has so much free time to make ads for the UFC and AS but barely has the time to finish 'can's without lables'.
i mean i didn't pay money for that shit, but people payed money for that shit, and it's been over 3 years now.
why hasn't he finished it yet? why hasn't he gotten anybody to finish it for him?
i just don't get it.
>>
>>85678383
I thought John K nuked his bridges with nickelodeon. Why do they want him back?
>>
File: retarded mosquito.jpg (27KB, 482x360px) Image search: [Google]
retarded mosquito.jpg
27KB, 482x360px
>>85678383
I hope to god that it won't suck animation-wise like all of John's modern shorts. I also hope that he finishes before the damn deadline.
>>
Remember Cans Without Labels?
>>
>>85678383
Does it honestly take three fucking years to make a short? Is he on Andrew Hussie's work schedule or something?
>>
>>85678383
This sounds like the makings for an absolute catastrophe. What kid is going to want to watch some sadistic, poorly animated short of a show they've likely never seen before watching Spongebob?

What adult that bothers to go see it wants to see another butchered version of Ren & Stimpy?

Fucks sake I'd have John write it and go out of my way to hire one of the original animators/storyboarders or Zeurel or some shit to animate the short since at least then it'd look good, even if the writing still ended up an unbridled cringe fest
>>
>>85685966
I thought it premiered at Annecy this year?
>>
>>85678383
>John Kricfalusi is working on a new Ren and Stimpy short
Oh god no, pls...
>To he shown before new Spongebob movie
Hmm.. He'd at least have to make it with general audiences in mind so it wouldn't be like that awful revival he made..
>2019
Will he still be alive?
>>
>>85685988
Dwindling viewer counts. Look at CN with samurai jack, after gendy proved he could make other people money im sure they got on his dick.
>>
>>85686246
>Will he still be alive?
The real question is, will he be able to finish it on time?
I mean, he -only- has 3 years to produce this -short-
>>
>>85686650
You're right. Isn't he still working on other shorts? lol
>>
>>85678672
eat shit junior.
>>
>>85678383
I think the most surprising thing about this is that it takes three years to make a Spongebob movie.
>>
File: 1454049898271.jpg (582KB, 1311x751px) Image search: [Google]
1454049898271.jpg
582KB, 1311x751px
>>85678383
>>85678610
>>85683084
>>85685661
>>85685734
>>85686019
>>85686115
>>85686246
>>85686650
Everyone in this thread will be dead in the ground before he even finishes the damn thing, IF it ever gets done. They should have gotten someone like Bob Camp to do the short. He's ten times more trustworthy than John.

>>85685691
Pic related.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UojpZ_Ec-q8
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.