[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be ginger >Middle school >Watching premier of pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10

>be ginger
>Middle school
>Watching premier of pic related
>Laughing it up like you'd expect a young pubescent male too
>Suddenly realize what's about to unfold at my expense at school tomorrow
>No soul,daywalker etc.
>Laugh it up with my friends cause no big deal
>11 years later still get asked if I have a soul
>Tfw Southpark changed the world around me.

Anyone else got any tales of how a cartoon directly influenced yu or the people around you?
>>
Well, if you had a soul it's not like they'd bother you
>>
>>85676053
True. It was just crazy how it became a thing. Id never heard someone say ginger before that episode aired. Was that always term for my kind?
>>
File: Kankers.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kankers.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
>>85676002
Jesus fuck it really has been 11 years, hasn't it?

As for me pic related terrified me of the opposite sex in my early childhood.

But then, somewhere along the way I met a very special girl who did this exact shit to me leaving me uncomfortable around women to this very day
>>
>>85676002
Not really /co/ but since it aired on Disney Channel...

Does anyone remember "Phil from the future"?

Well neither does anyone here but, since I share the name with the protagonist, there is still people that occasionally sings the main theme to me.
>>
>>85676315
>Phil from the future
>from
It's of, mate.
>>
>>85676260
In the UK it has been since I was a kid, so it's been a thing here for at least 25 years. I'm not ginger myself, but never understood why it was this way and it's always kind of bugged me how people would get targeted by their hair color of all things.
>>
>>85676338
In the UK the root of it is anti-Celtic.
>>
>>85676002
Everyone used to make shitty Harry Potter jokes to me in highschool because of my dark hair and glasses
>>
>>85676260
Soulless gingers were a thing before. I dont get why you think South Park makes up these things.
>>
>>85676338
It's a hold over from anti-Irish shit.
>>
>>85676338

Same as big nose, fat lips and nigger. Pointing out differences for shits and giggles is a sign of humanity. It's why SJWs and shit don't work because pointing out shit is in human nature. The problem is that SJWs are saying 'violence is right if they offend you' when the message should be 'if someone isn't physically attacking you or accusing you of a crime, you should shrug it off'.

By banning the jokes against muslims, blacks and so on, all they are doing is making people see them as an untouchable class and causing distress and stress. It's what led to pogroms in the 60s and a little event post WW2 called 'Jewbaking 20th century edition'
>>
Surprised it still turns up over a decade later. I wonder if it's because you can safely say "gingers have no souls" in places where you couldn't say things like "muslims have no souls" or "black people have no souls" etc.
>>
>>85676329
I'm not a native English speaker, I just translated how the show is named in my country
>>
>>85676491
Yes you're right people who do silly South Park quotes are actually channeling their anti-Muslim and anti-black sentiments that is exactly the case.
>>
>>85676260
I'm Italian, here, in the late xix century and maybe even before thought red hair = bad luck or something wrong.

THE most common surname here is "Rossi" = "reds", which spawned probably as a nickname for gingers.

https://en.m.wikipedia dot org/wiki/Rosso_Malpelo

Superstition is a strange thing, my father used to be left-handed, but since that was "bad luck" he was corrected into using his right hand.

South Park just took an old generic superstition and built some lore around it ("no soul" is an invention of the show I think).
>>
>>85676002
That Ginger episode was actually a satire about black supremacy.
>>
Ah very informative anons.
>>85676491
I could see that like a self contained racism white folks can have fun with.

I have another example as well from South park.
Where I grew up was pretty rural so not a lot of black kids and almost all of them got labeled Token at one point or another.
>>
>>85676534
What I mean is that due to PC vigilantism, there are now almost no socially-accepted put-downs of minority groups. However the gingers/souls one is still acceptable, so it becomes a novelty - it's interesting to use because there's now virtually no other terms like it that could be used publically without some blowback.
>>
>>85676540
I heard that myth about redheads in italy come from ancient roman times, where people with fair hairs ( Red or Blonde ) were considered stupid and barbaric because Celts and Germanics had hair like that.
>>
>>85676595
I also knew a kid named Stu who got called Pickles well into his adulthood.
>>
>>85676430
In my province of the Netherlands the hatred for gingers has always been common, even before South Park.

Gingers are known as complete fucking assholes where I live, so they kind of deserve being called soulless freaks.

I'm not sure if ginger girls get excluded from this, but knowing the average Dutch female they probably shit all over gingers as well just to be a bitch.
>>
>>85676430
Hating ginger was already a thing in acient egypt.
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 599x395px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 599x395px
>This episode did the exact opposite and gave me a ginger fetish
>>
>>85676686
Wasn't one of the pharaohs a ginger? Somehow?
>>
>>85676713
Yes, Ramses II.
>>
>>85676430
it brought it into the mainstream in a big way. it got an enormous spike because of it.
>>
>>85676713
>Somehow
Weren't they a bunch of incestuous fucks? All it takes is having the red head gene anywhere in their lineage and it'll show up again eventually.
>>
>>85676002
>protuding lower jaw
>everyone calls me popeye
One time, while i was walking home. A neighbor's kid who was just playing with her mom at the front of their house saw me and started shouting popeye. I fucking turned around mad as fuck and her mom grabbed the kid and ran inside
>>
>>85676806
She saw you holding that can of spinach.
>>
>>85676713
>>85676740
So you're saying we were kings and shit?
>>
>>85676002
They aren't always right Matt and Trey in what they do.
But they are very good comedians I forgive them for some of the memes they create.
>>
>>85676806
His mom knew what would happen if you went super spinach 2 on that little shit.
>>85676296
How so anon? Overly aggressive/stalkerish?
>>
Is it weird that redhead girls with freckles turn me on?
>>
File: 1340130658996.jpg (75KB, 340x430px) Image search: [Google]
1340130658996.jpg
75KB, 340x430px
It wasn't really South Park that made 'Gingers have no soul' a meme.

It was the viral video that came after of the fat ginger who was super offended that made it so.
>>
>>85676829
Speaking of Matt and Trey, is the Book of Mormon worth seeing?
>>
File: 20101226.gif (133KB, 540x1086px) Image search: [Google]
20101226.gif
133KB, 540x1086px
>>85676834
I think it's nature.
>>
>>85676834
>Is it weird that I have this really common fetish
No, stupid.
>>
>>85676854
This is why the appropriate response to this kind of thing is just to politely tolerate it. Overreact like that kid and you'll make it take flight and last.
>>
>>85676456
Well said there
>>
>>85676949
I knew a guy at high school who one day stupidly told a few of us about an unfortunate nickname from when he was younger. And so he became Poo Man once again.
>>
I used to like Wacky Races when I was younger and drew the characters in class when I was bored. Muttley was my favourite.

This one fat guy used to call me 'Muttface' because of that and thought himself the hottest shit. Naturally as the designated 'funny guy' of his group he'd always be trying to get his little entourage of fuckbois to join in on it, but they never mustered anything but forced laughter. It was just unbelievably lame.

For the record, Muttley is still based as fuck
>>
>>85676002
My nephew had to move to a different school because he was getting beat up almost daily for being a ginger after this episode aired.
>>
>>85676430
I've known the hatred of redheads for a while (to the point I saw an anime sub say "he's getting beat down like a redheaded stepchild") but never heard about he soulless thing. I mean it never surprised me and guess it had something to do with being pale like a vampire or something making superstitious people think they're creatures of the night.
>>
>>85676832
Basically she was this girl in middle school who liked me, declared herself my girlfriend, and always followed me wherever I went. She would get very standoff-ish whenever I would talk to anyone besides her, and basically restricted my social life to her for about a year and a half. She would kiss and cuddle me all the time, and everyone would just laugh at the cute couple.

Luckily she ended up moving away but fuck did it get depressing. She wasn't trailer trash but she was a real bitch.
>>
>>85676002
ask them if they watched the episode
the point of the episode was satire on racism, not hating on gingers
>>
>>85676456
>if someone isn't physically attacking you or accusing you of a crime, you should shrug it off

is that what you would do if some guy you didn't know was talking shit to you? what a faggot. the right reaction is to lay him out
>>
>>85676514
Are you Spanish, I could see that mistake
>>
>>85677179
Italian actually, but our languages aren't that far off anyway.
>>
>>85677146
that does does sound pretty kanker-tier. At least you got an out.
>>
>>85677161
People are either very literal-minded or have only ever seen short clips of the episode.
>>
>>85676315
FUCK I BEGAN TO SING IT TOO
>>
File: the pressure.jpg (15KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
the pressure.jpg
15KB, 400x225px
>>85677209
Actually now that I think of it the closest example is pic related. Just imagine that one episode of Gumball stretched out across a long period of time

Right down to the accidental gay kiss
>>
>>85677161
True but it happens more in passing. I used to work at a convenience store and my hair was a topic of a lot of small talk. Old women called it pretty. And people my age asked about my soul. I grew it out into full fro-mode and an older black guy gave me a pick as a present, made me smile.
>>
>>85677273
Oh I gotcha. Not quite get molested while her sisters watch bad but still pretty unpleasant.
did the kiss change your outlook
>>
>>85676338
im still amazed people get preachy over the whole guys should have short hair malarkey still.
>>
File: you dickhead.png (137KB, 404x388px) Image search: [Google]
you dickhead.png
137KB, 404x388px
>>85677301
I had a friend with a ginger 'fro once. He had a super hot mom but then he borrowed my copy of Kirby Superstar and never gave it back.
>>
>>85677301
>Little Orphan Annie grew up to work at a convenience store
>>
>>85677423
shoulda fucked his mom
even stevens.
>>
>>85677379
I mean I am bisexual, but I don't think that had anything to do with it
>>
>>85676854
This fat ginger is now trans and feminist
>>
File: 1467855295030.jpg (14KB, 342x344px) Image search: [Google]
1467855295030.jpg
14KB, 342x344px
>>85677423
Wasn't me anon. And I hope you won't let him be a representation of my race as a whole.
>>
>>85677502
How can I hate someone who just gave me a new gem for my reaction folder?
>>
>>85677577
All yours friend it's the least I can do to make up for my people's wrong doings. and a bump if anyone has anymore stories to tell.
>>
File: ginger.jpg (33KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
ginger.jpg
33KB, 320x240px
>>85677654
>my people
kek

This thread reminds me of the time I bullshitted my friends and told them there was a league of gingers. I thought it was so funny that I started an actual league of gingers club at my school. Then it got like 60 members strong which lead to someone else starting 'The blonde alliance'.

By the end of the year I shit you not there were 5 clubs. The League of Gingers, The Blonde Alliance, The Brunette Brigade, The Black-haired mambas, and Rainbow united which was for people who coloured their hair. A couple of kids tried to start some sort of turf war on the school field but then one of them got nailed in the head with a cricket ball from the team playing a few feet away from them.

I ended up resigning as president of the LoG a week in because I realised it was fucking stupid.

pic related was our mascot
>>
>>85677841
>that time we started a football club based on people's ethnicity
>ended in full blown race war
Looking back, splitting whites in one group, blacks in a second, and asians in another was probably a bad idea
>>
>>85677841
>>85678326
my sides
>>
>>85676610
That's because it's patently absurd, an obvious reference to silly cartoon, and gingers have never been considered a minority group in the US.
In the UK, anti-ginger prejudice is an actual issue
>>
>>85676854
>>85676944
>>85677497
I feel so bad for the fat ginger kid. Dude probably got bullied to hell for it in middle school/high school and now he's a huge joke.
>>
>>85677409
To be fair, not many guys can really pull it off well.
>>
>>85676002
Not a cartoon, but a commercial in my country used my surname in a slogan. It sounded stupid and everyone in school repeated it in front of me for years until we were over. I wasn't friends with them, so I couldn't just pretend I thought it was funny.
Thankfully they don't run that commercial anymore.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.