[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TDKR aside, are these good Batman movies? Are these faithful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 13

File: image.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1280x720px
TDKR aside, are these good Batman movies?

Are these faithful Batman movies?
>>
They're faithful, but only to a very specific aspect of Batman. Batman is an icon with a scope so great that he could never "retire" - his quest for justice would never end.

The Nolan films are accurate in portraying a very specific Batman that only cares about the people close to him and not Gotham as a greater whole. Once everyone he's close to is out of the woods, he's content to run away or quit.
>>
The Plane Scene is a masterpiece bro
>>
>>85670555
I personally like TDKR, but I know not everyone here does. That's why I said TDKR aside, because it seems the majority likes 1 and 2.
>>
>>85670502
this

Also Joker is a lot closer to comic Joker than meme hustlers will tell you.

OP if you want literal comic Batman on the big screen, watch Batfleck.
Burton bats and early comic bats killed people too faggots
>>
TDKR is great also.
Only flaws are...
>Talia's death.
>A few other bad edits related to the fighting.
That's about it. There is nothing wrong with the plane scene, no plot holes, it's a great resolution to the trilogy.
Bruce retiring isn't a flaw no real world person would do this forever and regardless if you like such or not this is a real world interpretation of the character so it works/fits 100% fine in this context.
>>
>>85670325
>Batman Begins
>Shitty fights, Scarecrow is beaten by a woman with a taser gun. Passable, nothing special.
>The Dark Knight
>Shitty fights, best live action Joker to date, good Two Face, no filler, great film.
>The Dark Knight Rises
>Tom Hardy doing a shitty voice, terrible cat woman, legendary fight scenes including stunt men falling over from nothing and Batman and Bane sissy fighting. Too long, shitty plot, dumb twist, laughable dialogue, solid 2 CIAs out of 10.
>>
test
>>
>>85670325
they had some good cinematography. the whole opening scene of TDK was pure art.

but they are not good batman movies and they are not faithful batman movies.
>>
File: 1460163011803.jpg (113KB, 504x403px) Image search: [Google]
1460163011803.jpg
113KB, 504x403px
>All the hate from normies complaining about the violence in the Bat fights in BvS
>>
>>85670756
>Burtonbats
>good
he directed a decent Bruce but everyone agrees his Batman was shite.
>>
TDK08 is flawless outside of...
>Maggie being unattractive most of the time. (That said I prefer her to Holmes)
2face dying was arguably a missed opportunity. But not a flaw with this individual story.
>>
File: 1469729748384.jpg (45KB, 797x608px) Image search: [Google]
1469729748384.jpg
45KB, 797x608px
>>85670869
>Not faithful
>To a series that under goes nonstop changes, has multiple adaptions with various themes and styles
Oh wait, you mean it isn't faithful to YOUR idea of Batman.
>Not MUH BATMAN
>>
File: dat smirk.jpg (48KB, 1000x559px) Image search: [Google]
dat smirk.jpg
48KB, 1000x559px
>>85670880
this

god damn every scene with Affleck had me creaming
>>
>>85670826
>2 CIAs out of 10.
I'd give it at least 4 Us
>>
>>85670932
Only Batfleck can save us from DCs nonstop ham fisting.
>>
I think they are awful Batman movies.

They're all good and entertaining movies tho.
>>
>>85670932
BvS put to sleep with how dull it was. Horrible writing, editing that was so bad it was kinda unbelievable, literally contains teaser trailers to upcoming DC movies.

The only good stuff was anything with Batfleck, minus the stupid Martha shit.
>>
>>85671086
>BvS put to sleep with how dull it was.
It's a pleb filter. You got filtered out.

I'm not trolling or baiting or whatever shitpost you'll throw at me.
>>
>>85670325
Kek alright /tv/ let me educate you.

>Batman Begins
Year One/Birth of the Demon hybrid

>The Dark Knight
The Long Halloween
Nolan OC script

>TDKR
Knightfall, Knightquest, Prodigal
>>
>>85670502

>The Nolan films are accurate in portraying a very specific Batman

True.

>that only cares about the people close to him and not Gotham as a greater whole

False. Nolan's Batman is in a war against ORGANIZED CRIME. He doesn't fight evil villains, street crime, murderers, or the sorts. He only cares about taking on Falcone and the big names that "run the streets" because he belives that by doing so he will get rid of a lot of Joe Chils in the streets. He sees a clear end to his path.

I only miss the detective part. My favorite stories are the ones in which he tackles investigation an a real mistery. Those were the strongest parts of both Begins and Dark knight for me. Too bad it wasn't the focus.

>>85670826

>Shitty fights
Nolan focused on the police drama not in the action. He wanted to portray Batman's take on theatricality and stealth takedowns, and he nailed it.

> legendary fight scenes including stunt men falling over from nothing and Batman and Bane sissy fighting
Let's be honest here. All movies are filled with this shit that once you spot you never unsee. I hate how people think it's a big deal because they were able to spot it IN SLOW MOTION and not unsee after it.

The rest of the points I agree with tho.
>>
>>85671139
>>The Dark Knight
>The Long Halloween
>Nolan OC script
there was a lot of The Killing Joke in there with the Joker trying to prove that one bad day was all it took.

>What were you trying to prove? That deep down, everyone is as ugly as you?
You're alone.
>>
>>85671139
I'd say there was a bit of Killing Joke in TDK
>>
>>85671171
nope

it's not bait and it never will be, you pathetic stain
>>
>>85671188
The one bad day thing is always a part of Joker's character. Thematically he took from it but as far as story beats go not really. You can throw it in there I guess but its really only Joker's personality that is lifted from it.
>>
File: 8dc.jpg (25KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
8dc.jpg
25KB, 625x626px
>>85671206
>>
>>85671187
>Let's be honest here. All movies are filled with this shit that once you spot you never unsee.
Nowadays, a dozen Youtubers will all make a video "exposing" the flaw which is how people learn about it.
>>
Afflecks portrayal of Bruce was the best, but his Batman felt like it was an old fart.
>>
>>85670325
Not really. Rachel was a mistake. The Dark Knight could have been a solid 8 or 9 if it weren't for her. It's too bad, really.
>>
File: baiting in 5 dimensions.jpg (39KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
baiting in 5 dimensions.jpg
39KB, 960x540px
>>85671206
>>
>>85671233
last (You) i'm givin' ya big guy

>>85671250
His Batman was a hopeless husk until his rebirth through Superman's death.
>>
>>85671118
no, you're just compulsively replying
>>
>>85671086
>dull

Every single scene was important. It either moved the plot forward or added to character development. What scenes were "dull?" They were all interesting in one way or another.
>>
>>85671262
one (You) 4u too
run along now

>>85671287
maybe
I'n not incorrect though.
>>
File: 1459498033965.jpg (16KB, 400x449px) Image search: [Google]
1459498033965.jpg
16KB, 400x449px
>General opinion seems to be Cane makes a great Alfred
>mfw I fucking hated him
He spouted way too much advice, he just needed to shut the fuck up and bring Bruce dinner.
>>
>>85671292
this
It's lost on them though.
We get the best cape film ever and people hate it.
really amkes you think
But honestly it is baffling.
>>
>>85671260
But it's a 10 with her.
Her only flaw was her appearance. Her acting was great
>>
File: 1469729309431.png (158KB, 417x405px) Image search: [Google]
1469729309431.png
158KB, 417x405px
>>85671292
>Every single scene was important
And? It was still dull. The plot was completely retarded, how can someone be invested in such a trainwreck?
>>
>>85671322
I liked him but he was totally not muh Alfred
>>
>>85671351
>The plot was completely retarded
Borat_NHAT.gif
>>
>>85671351
Prove it.
>>
>Teasing a better film in your shitty one
>>
>>85671139
Actually, just a guy who's curious what everyone thinks. Begins definitely was influenced by The Man Who Falls in addition to those.
>>
File: (You).jpg (94KB, 898x234px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
94KB, 898x234px
>>85671429
>in your shitty one
>>
>>85671322
why even have Alfred at all, then? may as well replace him with a roomba and automated kitchen system named A.L.F.R.E.D.
>>
>>85671401
Make me
>>
>>85671118
>>85671206
>>85671292
>>85671334
>>85671387
>>85671401
>>85671442
Zack don't you have some studio cock to suck?
>>
>>85671005

That's my exact opinion about Burton bats. Awful adaptations, entertaining movies.
>>
>>85670688
Pretty sure he's memeing
>>
>>85671492
Alfred is Bruces connection to his parents, a father figure. He should throw out some wisdom but not on TDK levels. Just my opinion.
>>
File: Snyder ree.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder ree.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>85671507
yeah fuck Snyder with his stupid unsubtle Jesus imagery
WE GET IT ROSS-i-i-I MEAN SNYDER
>>
>>85671507
.02 cents have been deposited into your account.
>>
The Dark Knight Rises is great
>>
Begins was a good Batman film. And at the time, it was novel for making a "realistic" superhero out of Batman. IE everything looked like it fit in the real world. no spandex or rubber suits or giant question marks. Everything seemed to stick to a realistic approach.

Even the Joker. its one of the few interpretations where he's not actually bleached white, he's just wearing white makeup and red lipstick.

Begins was good because it felt more grounded. Its scope wasnt terribly big, outside of the climax. but it all felt fairly contained.

Dark knight felt like Nolan was getting a bit full of himself and wanted to outdo Begins and so now things have a larger scope. you get 4dimensional mahjong with Joker's big plan, you get that ridiculous bat voice, and you have two face just shoved in there at the end very haphazardly. He's there and then he dies.

DK feels too big and heavy for its own good.

And then Rises is just plain garbage. Something clearly happened in development because it's just so weird.

Bane himself is convincing as the "son" of Ras. And he's got more or less the same plan as Ras did, burn gotham to the ground. But then SURPRISE TALIA, and then catwoman jobs Bane with the bike, and Bruce 'retires", I dont know, Rises is just a shit movie and a shit batman movie. feels like the script got fucked somewhere along development and Nolan just said "fuck it"
>>
>>85671546
That isn't the problem with Snyder, its his complete lack of backbone. Man of Steel wasn't nearly the same train wreck as BvS, not that it was a master piece or anything.

BvSs problem was Zack not just making a Batman v Superman film and telling the studio to fuck off with their demands for more expanded universe shit. The film literally comes to a stop to show teaser trailers (Completely with LOGOS) for their next few films. That is something only studio heads would push for.
>>
>>85671601
>Man of Steel wasn't nearly the same train wreck as BvS
but BvS is an order of magnitude better than MoS
and I like MoS

bait image etc hit me budddy
>>
>>85671585
>He's there and then he dies.
The Dent/Two Face plotline is one of the main plot points of the film, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>85671636
this

Harvey was great in TDK.
>>
>>85671546
Alex Ross is a fucking hack of a fanartist whose gimmick only works since talented painters wouldn't go within ten miles of a comic company, while his only worthwhile Big2 work are covers, with his interiors just being the prettiest trash.
>>
I don't want to say I hated BvS because I know I'll get lynched, and to be honest I didn't hate it.

I liked all the actors, I even think Eisenberg could've made a great Lex if he wasn't so wacky. The story wasn't even that absurd, aside from the ending and Batman, surprisingly. Introducing this Batman in an adaptation of a story that depicts Batman near the end of his tenure is an odd choice, when I think there were more interesting Batman/Superman fights. I don't like Zack Snyder's vision: he has good imagery and I can't diss his directing, but I feel like he wants to make a spectacle movie when these characters are so much more. This movie was a bold step: the second movie in the DCEU, and Batman is nearing retirement while Superman dies. Unfortunately, it felt like a misstep to me.
>>
BvS is a shit film for a variety of reasons, but the most egregious being that the third act of the film was pointless from a narrative standpoint, specifically due to corporate mandates and "extended universe" bullshit. The second Supes got Doomsday'd right in the chest, all tension and emotional impact just vanished, due to the fact that WB already greenlit JL and MoS 2 months before.

The vibrating dirt on the coffin was more insulting than anything else. Everyone in the audience already knew that Superman's would get better from this particular case of death just in time for Fall 2017.
>>
>>85671826
>BvS is a shit film for a variety of reasons
dropped
>>
>>85670502
thats like....the opposite of Batman
>>
>>85670756
just because Tim Burton does something doesnt make it alright
>>
>>85670908
nah, its not faithful.
Some core aspects dont change.

Hows Teen Titans Go these days
>>
>>85670880
Love the violence. Hate them trying to turn Batman into another Hollywood bullshit. Just cant fucking stop being a cop that shoots people...
>>
>>85671946
>Hows Teen Titans Go
What's next, a food analogy?
>>
>>85671086

You mean when superman talks about his mom and batman doesnt kill him?

Gotham Gazette, can i get you on record saying that you and your buddies dont think Batman murdered SUperman because their names are Martha?
>>
>>85671971
>shit grammar
>references murderous cops

ya might be a darkie if...

apologies if english isn't your first language
>>
>>85671348
her appearance?
>>
File: and then I said I was black.jpg (18KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
and then I said I was black.jpg
18KB, 460x288px
>>85672037
>You mean when superman talks about his mom and batman doesnt kill him?

>too stupid for capeshit
>>
>>85672040
wow, i didnt expect to be called A DARKIE for talking about Batman!

God, you guys are obsessed, aren't you....

Not even black, you're just a weirdo
>>
>>85671657
this is OBJECTIVE FACT.

A 5 year old draws better than ALEX ROSS, fucking BITCH!
>>
>>85672024
>>FOOD
DROPPED
>>
>>85671601
>>Man of Steel not MOS
DROPPED
>>
>>85671657
But there is literally nothing wrong with any of his work except staticness some of the time which the rendering makes up for a million times over.
>Muh storytelling.
Never encountered a Alex Ross page I couldn't understand what was happening panel by panel.
>>
>>85671636
he only understands whats being visually explained to him at that very moment in time.

Its just flashing lights and noises. He doesnt remember how it begins, or ends, just ...right...now...
>>
>>85670907
maggie being unattractive?

what?
>>
>>85671826
No the emotional element was not lost because even if he comes back we can still sympathize with the characters enduring the loss currently.
>>
>>85671546
But in Mos the Jesus Imagery is only present in...
> the church scene
> the semi cross pose in space
That is all of 2 minutes of a 140 minute movie can we PLEASE stop claiming the religious imagery is even faintly a notable flaw with the film?
>>
>>85672390
Most people thinks she is ugly.
When the film came out I though she was a big improvement looks wise from Holmes because she can look good when smiling but over time it's become clear how blah she looks in general.
>>
>>85672470
but
I
wew
>>
It can't be a faithful Batman movie if the actor playing Batman has been circumcised. The Dark Knight is just a man without his cowl.
>>
>>85670325
Begins = TDK > BvS > Burton Batman > TDKR
>>
>>85673958
I could agree with this
>>
>>85670758
>A few other bad edits related to the fighting.
is that even really worth mentioning though? All 3 films are guilty of this. TDK's convoy scene is god damn terribly edited and Begins has shitty fights as well.
>>
6 = Exceptionally Incredible
5 = Amazing / Superb
4 = Great
3 = Good
2 = OK / Meh
1 = Bad
0 = Horrible

Batman89 = 3
Returns = 2
Forever = 2
B&R = 0
Begins = 4
TDK = 6
TDKR = 4
Green Lantern = low 3
Superman TM = 2
Superman 2 = low 3
Superman Returns = low 3
Mos = Low 5
BVS Theatrical = 3 maybe high 3
BVS UC = 4
>>
>>85670325
>good
sure

>faithful
not at all
>>
>>85670325
>good
>faithful

Nolan has a vision that he was interested in putting across. His vision really is nothing like either the ongoing Batman at the time the movies came out, or the post COIE Batman, or the Bronze Age/Silver Age or Golden Age Batman.

In other words, he made up his own character, took the elements he wanted from here and there, without accepting any one specific story or arc, and then said:

My way is the definitive way. Eat it up, Batfags.

And they did.
>>
>>85673143

Batman hates Jews.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.