[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's been awhile since I've seen a bootleg/knock-o

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: frozen-frozen-land.png (490KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
frozen-frozen-land.png
490KB, 640x430px
It's been awhile since I've seen a bootleg/knock-off thread. How 'bout it /co/?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRbjyMnX62A
>>
So... you haven't watched Frozen Land, have you?
>>
That isn't actually a cash-in. It's a completely unrelated Canadian movie which was marketed as one in America.

Most so called "knockoffs" are actually cash-ins. They're conveniently based on the original tales and released around the same time as the Disney films, but aren't completely ripping off the actual Disney versions.
>>
>>85666481
Tomeyto-tomahto
>>
File: american cover.jpg (42KB, 348x500px) Image search: [Google]
american cover.jpg
42KB, 348x500px
Aside from Frozen Land, here's another animated film cover which was altered to look like a cheap knockoff to sell dvds.
>>
File: Help_I'm_a_Fish_DVD_Cover.jpg (42KB, 300x370px) Image search: [Google]
Help_I'm_a_Fish_DVD_Cover.jpg
42KB, 300x370px
>>85668740
The original actually looks like this.

Help I'm a Fish is actually a pretty good movie.
>>
>>85668740
So is this Help I'm a Fish or some bootleg with identical characters?
>>
File: sarila-frozenland.jpg (61KB, 580x430px) Image search: [Google]
sarila-frozenland.jpg
61KB, 580x430px
>>85666356
Frozen Land, actually named The Legend of Sarila, in fact came out BEFORE Frozen.

They're very different movies, and Sarila's US distributor was just an ass who changed the name of the movie on the cover hoping it'd sell better
>>
>>85666573
Are you a fucking retard, anon? Or do you think that Frozen is a knock-off, since it actually came out after Sarila/Frozen Land?
>>
>>85666356
>2 mins in, video complains he "had to" pay 8 pounds to buy Frozen Land
This guy can fuck off right there. This particular movie is not THAT bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 255x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 255x360px
Years ago, my grandma rented this movie for my young nephew who was obsessed with car related things at the time
>>
>>85669882
>This particular movie is not THAT bad.
So it's still bad?
>>
>>85670047
Yeah, it's still bad. I'm not gonna sugar coat it, it's not a great film. To begin with, the CG is a bit cheap.

The idea of a magical oasis at the north pole is pretty meat, though, and I think I recall a love triangle, and a guy that finds out he's destined to be a shaman. It's not super memorable, though.
>>
File: 1386570059342.png (131KB, 280x360px) Image search: [Google]
1386570059342.png
131KB, 280x360px
>Frozen Land being a different film repackaged to basically pull in confused grandma sales
That's sad
>Braver and Tangled Up being old cartoons with rip off Disney covers slapped on them
That's pathetic
>A Car's Life has fucking murder in it
That's fucking hardcore
>>
>>85670037
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi98fEAJsOk
>>
>>85670037
My parents got A Car's Life from Mexico a few years ago and me and my brother had to see it in Spanish and we had no idea what any of the cars were saying. I don't think I've seen the second half of the movie.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.