[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08 /21/bleeding-cool-bestse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 15

File: Batman_5_cover.jpg (43KB, 300x461px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_5_cover.jpg
43KB, 300x461px
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/21/bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-21st-august-2016-again-no-marvel-superhero-comics-in-the-top-ten/

This is the Top Ten Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, as compiled by a number of comic stores from their sales on Wednesday and Thursday. It measures what are known as the “Wednesday Warriors”, those who can’t wait to the weekend to get this week’s comics. We salute you, and the keenness you bring to your passion.

And DC Comics again have an almost clean sweep, with only Star Wars: Poe Dameron sneaking into the Top Ten. And in a week full of Civil War II crossovers, there is nary one in sight…

1. Batman #5
2. Suicide Squad #1
3. Justice League #3
4. Supergirl Rebirth #1
5. Superman #5
6. Harley Quinn #2
7. Nightwing #3
8. Green Arrow #5
9. Batgirl & The Birds of Prey #1
10. Star Wars: Poe Dameron #5
>>
>>85665223
Thanks to the following retailers,

Rodman Comics of Ankeny, Iowa
Issues Needed Comics, Apple Valley, Minnesota
Dr. No’s Comics & Games Superstore of Marietta, Georgia
Yesteryear Comics of San Diego, California
Fat Jack’s Comicrypt of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Jesse James Comics, Glendale, Arizona
Graham Crackers Comics – 10 Locations throughout Illinois & Wisconsin
Famous Faces & Funnies of West Melbourne, Florida.

Who had this to say,

"It’s that same old song and dance…. DC Rebirth took the top 8 spots with Scooby and Black Hammer the only thing stopping rebirth from making a clean sweep. Marvel would not have even made the top 15 (Spawn beat the our best selling Marvel title …SPAWN !!) Hopefully the new ending of Civil War II is a Marvel Rebirth!!"

"Even 3 months in, we’re still seeing a clean sweep of our entire top ten by DC Rebirth titles! Some of the other higher titles that were just outside of our top ten are Poe Dameron 5, Mighty Thor 10 and Demonic 1. Animosity continues to be a huge hit and I’m glad we reordered a lot of copies as soon as we were able to read it. Aether & Empire is another great indy book that’s done really well for us and it’s worth checking out, with a sci-fi steampunk feel to it."

"I can’t believe that no one is buying the Civil War II one-shots, The Fallen or The Accused. So far they’ve only sold about a third of regular Civil War II numbers, which are not great to begin with. Maybe it’s the $2.99 DC Rebirth price point, but people are really holding off on the CW crossovers and $4.99 one-shots. The Fallen was pretty solid, but no one feels the need to drop an extra $5 to find out if it’s good."

"Selling lots of Walking Dead, Saga, Batman and Spawn back issues. A bit of Uncanny X-Men, Wonder Woman and Amazing Spider-Man moving as well."
>>
>>85665254
"Another week with no Marvel titles in the top ten in our store–the best selling Marvel, Civil War: The Fallen, came in at 12th place, with Star Wars: Poe Dameron following in 13th. Perhaps it’s time for Marvel to cease using variants to artificially boost numbers and instead focus on figuring out how to make readers want to read their comics again."

"Continued strong interest in low-priced 1990s Marvel and DC titles, particularly Spider-Man, the Punisher, Superman, and Batman."

"Great Week for sales. No surprise that Briggs Land was #1. What was a pleasant surprise was that three books passed the century mark this week and that two other books performed better than expected."
>>
>>85665223
>1. Batman #5

This is one of those things where I know it's because it's Batman and not because it's a well written comic but I take it as a victory anyway
>>
>>85665281
"Back-issue market was all over the place. Wonder Woman and Superman did really well. the total surprise was half a shelf of Transformer issues where picked up…ahhh… breathing room for more books."

"Wow. Marvel had one title in the top ten. Star Wars Poe Dameron 5. The Civil War spin off limited series have died a painful death sales wise. Batman 5 was number one. Suicide Squad 1 was a hit along with Supergirl Rebirth. Scooby Apocalypse 4 still selling very well. Already had to place a reorder for it."

"Star Trek back issues from any company seen a spike. Not sure if the movie caused it or what. Glad it did though. Quite the pleasant surprise."
>>
>>85665223
Wait. Star Wards comics don't count as Marvel?
>>
>>85665647
Read:

>no-marvel-superhero-comics
>superhero
>>
>>85665647

It says superheroes
>>
That's good news!

DC's Rebirth has done a good bringing DC back on track. The praise from the comic book readers is well deserved. The fans finally said enough to Bendis, and the shitty events. Hopefully Marvel will follow and they will bring back the classic Wolverine, Hulk, etc, and they put an end to the mediocre and worthless events.

Also good to hear that Scooby Doo is doing well. Finally a non cape comic, having some attention.
>>
Gee, nobody's buying all the Marvel titles where the heroes readers knew and loved have been hijacked by black characters? What a pity. It's almost as if people don't want to be force-fed diversity. Whodda thunk it?
>>
File: batgod.png (345KB, 576x592px) Image search: [Google]
batgod.png
345KB, 576x592px
>>85665223
>DC continues to save comics by putting out good comics that people like

Now if Marvel learns their lesson and stops this nonsense, things will be great again.
>>
>>85665223
>trashy Justice League comic selling more than based Eradicator Brawl Superman arc

What the hell?
>>
>>85665826
>nobody's buying all the Marvel titles where the heroes readers knew and loved have been hijacked by black characters?
Which books are these?
>>
>>85665761
>Also good to hear that Scooby Doo is doing well. Finally a non cape comic, having some attention.

Scooby Doo or Scooby Apocalypse?
>>
>>85666335
Scooby Apocalypse. Keith Giffen's book.
>>
>>85666335
You forgot scooby team up
>>
Well, last month Marvel deflected criticism by bragging about the percentage of their reader base made up of women, as if that was in any way relevant. What will it be this month?
>>
>>85666505
Marvel will say that controversy sells, pissing off the fans sells, or some other kind foolish of answer.
>>
>>85665254

>scooby apocalypse selling like hotcakes
>Flintstones dead in the water

Why the fuck aren't these people buying Flintstones, too? It's the strongest of the Hanna-Barbara titles though I expect greatness out of Wacky Racers, especially with the Ennis "Dick Dastardly and Muttley" comic coming.
>>
>>85665930

I just want an X book worth the time and the FF back, this isn't hard, Marvel.
>>
>>85666505
Bragging about a % is funny though. I mean, if they have lose a large number of male readers than that would account for an increase in the percentage of female readers.

If I had 20 female readers and 80 male readers, that's 20%. Lose 5 female and 35 male readers to give a net loss of 40 readers still can be presented as "We now have 25% female readers!"
>>
Somebody post the zombie Gotham Girl Sale cover god dammit.
>>
>>85667130
What was the last good X book, outside of solos
>>
>>85667056
It may not sell like Scooby, though i had the idea that Flintstones is doing well too. It's a fantastic book nontheless.
>>
>>85667242
Remender's Uncanny X-Force was the last good X run.
>>
>>85666185
Justice League is big-name title for DC.

I'd say, give it a month. You'll start seeing it drop off these bestseller charts when the first arc is finished and people are fully aware that Hitch is crap.
>>
>>85667329
Anon, JL, Batman, and Harley were DC's best selling books for the past 2 years despite being mediocre to bad half the time.
>>
Marvel is getting a mudhole stomped into them
>>
>>85665223
Marvel learning the hard way selling out to SJW's doesn't pay the bills.

They should focus on what the actual fans want rather the pushing the whole "controversy sells" bs
>>
>>85667401
Been that was for 3 months now.
>>
>>85667361
There's a difference between "this is bad, but there's an audience for it" and "this is just straight up trash." Hitch's JL is currently the latter.

Sure, it's not eye-gougingly awful, but it's closer than anyone would hope. Besides being the only big name team book for the main roster, it doesn't have much going for it right now.

I can honestly see it dropping quite a bit pretty soon.
>>
>>85667426
And most likely for the several more months
Even with Marvels next #1 line they will boost for a month and then fall to a pathetic number
>>
>>85667509
That is the most concerning for Marvel. The only books that really crack the top 10 are #1's but even those are on diminishing returns. CW2 is also dropping like a rock.

Black Panther I think is the only book they have that looks okay from a sales perspective.
>>
>>85667361
It's a shame that have been books like the Omega Men or He-Man's Eternity War that could put shame on the usual highly advertized "events" pubblished the last years, but they didn't get the attention that they deserved.
>>
>>85667620
People like characters over quality.
>>
>>85667242

Spider-Man & the X-Men, but since that was basically Spider-Man and students not many real X-Men comic. Uncanny X-Force was the last good X-book.
>>
>>85665288
Yeah, at least the arc really deserved the sales though.
>>
>>85668070
I thought it was pretty damn rushed and poor.
>>
If this was a decade ago people would be fired or blacklisted from Marvel
>>
>>85668070
Yeah i agree it's good.
>>
>>85668093
I think they are in transition in an attempt to appease the SJW audience but also synergise with the movie world.

I'm sure the profits from one good movie probably piss all over the yearly income from the comics. Best use them as a vehicle to showcase diversity.
>>
>>85667401
Tom Brevoort on suicide watch.

Hope he opens his veins soon.
>>
>>85668164
How long will the sjw be on there side
One day they will turn
>>
>>85668164
I wonder whether the SJW-baiting stuff sells better in trades. The audience it's aimed at aren't the people that are visiting comics shops regularly.
>>
>>85667509
>>85667591

Only a fraction of their upcoming 1's look like they will have decent sales. Most of it is dead on arrival and the other big names are just continuing on.
>>
>>85668164
>I'm sure the profits from one good movie probably piss all over the yearly income from the comics

Perlmutter doesn't care. He wants to squeeze as much profit from publishing as possible. This I suspect is responsible for the pandering by Marvel and why the drastic decrease in the quality of their personnel.
>>
>>85668093
Unfortunately i' m afraid that Marvel will probably continue to find excuses. I wish that they will finally try to listen the fans for once.
>>
>>85668209
>I wonder whether the SJW-baiting stuff sells better in trades

Marvels trad sales aren't' as strong as DC or Image. I think they're 5th in the trade sales ranking
>>
>>85668209
Not when DC is kicking their ass in the tpb department.
>>
>>85668198
>>85668209
Sure. But when Marvel wants money they stick a bunch of white guys in a movie and cash in. If anyone complains about diversity they can point to Asian Hulk, Femthor, Black Spidey, Black Ironman etc. Doesn't matter if they aren't selling, Marvel can (and does) go on TV shows like the view and screams to the world about how diverse they are.

Also, to be clear, they are purposefully running X-men and Fantastic Four into the ground because they have no access to those characters in the MCU. Spidey is lucky he was partially signed back over.
>>
>>85668229
they don't have to listen to anybody

Sugar Daddy Disney will cover any losses.

>>85668253
my local big Bookstore doesn't stock as much Marvel as it does DC (DC gets like 2 and a half shelves to Marvel's one and a half) and only Marvel books are in the bargain bin.
>>
>>85668298
You don't understand. Marvel the company overall is doing better. But in the competition between the two publishing divisions which is at the heart of their rivalry, they are losing. They have ceded trades to DC and Image. They are losing the floppy batt. The editors can brag about all the people who watch AoS or the MCU stuff, but they still have to explain their numbers to their superiors (who are much more demanding and want to maximize the money from publishing) and also their fanbase.
>>
>>85668215
Yeah there aren't many big names in there, outside of the two new Iron Man books I don't see any of them really generating any interest. Maybe Kate's Hawkeye book, but the last couple Hawkeye books after Fraction left have done pretty poorly so maybe not.
>>
>>85668385
Until now they have been able to use gimmick after gimmick to provide good numbers. But now that this trick is failing they are in trouble.

People are going to be resistant to a new wave of Marvel #1's or big events which is typically what you would want to do when shit hits the fan.

They are in a spot of trouble now.
>>
>>85668437
I think that plays into it too. But ultimately between the constant reboots, the diminishing creative quality and pandering, Marvel has alienated their hardcore bread & butter fanbase that buys exclusively Marvel titles. If you are X-fag for example I don't see how you can be happy about the current state of the x-books.
>>
>>85665223

Not surprised that Batman, Suicide Squad, Justice League, and Harley are selling well. But what was so special about the #3 issues of Nightwing? The fifth issue of Green Arrow??
>>
>>85668530
Green Arrow is on fire

I haven't been this interested in it since Lemire's run
>>
>>85668530
>The fifth issue of Green Arrow??
I've heard nothing but good things about this book, so that may be at play here.

I'm sure the TV show also drummed up some interest in the character and a few show fans would have taken Rebirth as an opportunity to give the comics a go.

>Nightwing
No idea, I also don't know how Aquaman didn't make the list.
>>
>>85668530
There are plenty of characterfags for Nightwing that REEEE'd over Grayson and are rejoicing over his return to the superhero outfit. It's retarded, but there it is. + most of the Grayson fans are coming back for this + all the people who will buy any Batfamily book, etc.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mtbjk9U6iL1qbujox.png (376KB, 463x510px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mtbjk9U6iL1qbujox.png
376KB, 463x510px
>>85668437
>People are going to be resistant to a new wave of Marvel #1's
>>
>>85668530
good reviews, green arrow is more popular character now, nightwing has always been a decent seller + it's still carrying over the grayson buzz

aquaman and green lantern have never been big sellers without johns
>>
>>85668611

Huh. Well cool, guess I'll look into this new Green Arrow run as well.
>>
>>85668209
Squirrel Girl supposedly sells better in trades. It just doesn't do as well as Ms. Marvel which was a top seller for Marvel last year in the bookscan list.
>>
>>85668611
>I also don't know how Aquaman didn't make the list

Well, isn't it supposed to be really good?
>>
>>85668652
Current #1's aren't very impressive, trend of diminishing returns is there for anyone to see.
>>
>>85668652
#1s might do well. But the real question is what happens to the issues after.

They did the All-New All-Different relaunch and the numbers after #1 for most books fell to pre-Secret Wars levels.
>>
>>85668697
it's been pretty solid, but the art has had a lot of fill-ins
>>
>>85668697
>Well, isn't it supposed to be really good?
Yeah, it's the top Rebirth book imo. Perfect pacing, good short/mid/long term setups along with perfect characterisations of all characters.

The balance of plot/banter/fighting etc is all perfect and we are seeing old villains come back in new ways as well as the establishment of new foes. All while this is going on we have a cool political arc and the book is going from strength to strength.

Only downside is the rotation of artists.
>>
I just want to point out that DC did exceedingly well during the start of the New 52 and it took a good year or so for things to go back to where they were.
>>
>>85668530
>The fifth issue of Green Arrow??
people BAW'd over olicity on Arrow, and Green Arrow is shipping Dinah/Oliver really hard
>>
>>85665254
>Issues Needed Comics, Apple Valley, Minnesota

I've been to every comic shop I could find in the MN metro area and I've never even heard of this place.
>>
>>85668770
Difference here is that DC's spreading their #1 over several months, instead of launching them all at the same time. A lot of their #1s now are outselling their New 52 #1s. And there have been a lot fewer terrible books that draw negative attention
>>
>>85668770

A big difference here is that people are actually happy
>>
>>85668770
>implying people are ever gonna buy marvel again
>>
Do online sales contribute the companies over all sales or are they just counting physical copies from retailers?

I have no means of getting physical books on my area, so I pick up off of kindle to support the runs I enjoy.

Gotta make sure Superdad, Aquaman and Flintstones get my support somehow.
>>
>>85668795
>Issues Needed Comics
https://www.issuesneededcomics.com/

they look like a huge chain
>>
>>85668834
>>85668834
>DC's spreading their #1 over several months,

Smartest thing they ever did. Blue Beetle may actually have a chance now. I'm hopeful because of the New Super-Man sales
>>
>>85667130
Current Uncanny by Bunn is pretty great. It's heavy and serious.
>>
>>85668770
DC looks to have learned from those mistakes though. They can prolong hype by staggering #1's. I'll probably drop Action Comics and Batman for example, but by that time Trinity and Super Sons will show up and ensure I'm pulling a big number of books.

New 52 offered way to much in one hit and so people didn't give everything a chance. Rebirth is such a massive hit Didio said he is delaying future books just to let people decide what they will eventually drop to make room for new stuff.

TLDR: Where New 52 was bloated, Rebirth is being drip fed.
>>
>>85668850
>Do online sales contribute the companies over all sales or are they just counting physical copies from retailers?
Latter option I believe. They never release digital sales data.
>>
>>85668870
Didn't New Super-Man sell almost as much as Civil War II? And outsell Hal Jordan, Batgirl, and Red Hood?
>>
>>85667509
and you don't think that's what is going on with DC right now? Listen I want them to do well, competition breeds quality but....it's pretty obvious.
>>
>>85668850
The publishers and Comixology track digital sales, but it's not released publicly. They have said that digital is about 10-15% of the physical preorder numbers though.
>>
>>85668770
fuck off, nobody cares about marvel anymore
>>
>>85668226
>mfw come winter Perlmutter (who is a known conservative) has had enough of this shit, fires Alonso and Brovoort and appoints a new EiC Bendis, because his value as a writer is clearly long gone but he also very likely has significant pull behind the scenes.

Please save us Ike.
>>
>>85668870
>Smartest thing they ever did. Blue Beetle may actually have a chance now
This a million times. If you can only pull 5 books people default to Supes, Bats, WW, JL and one other. Smaller books never got breathing room. However now a reader who pulled all of those things at the start may be inclined to drop one to give something new a shot. Also those big books can be used to drum up hype for new books. I pulled Superman because it's Superman, now I love Jon and will be pulling Super Sons. If the two were simultaneously released I would never have touched Super Sons.
>>
>>85668934
6 Nightwing Rebirth 1* $2.99 DC 127,846
7 Civil War II 4 $4.99 Marvel 126,865
8 New Super Man 1* $2.99 DC 117,684
>>
>>85665701
>>85665723
Poe is Finn's superhero.
>>
>>85668978
Oh please yes
Bendis would destroy Marvel Comics
>>
>>85668941
DC have a few more tricks up their sleeve though. They are staggering #1's for over 6 months after Rebirth's one shot. On top of that the $2.99 price point is a unique selling point.
>>
>>85668756
Pretty sure it hasn't had any fill-ins. The second artist is just bad.

All the double-shipping books have two artists.
>>
>>85668933
You can kind of track which books are selling well during the week on Comixology's site, but they won't tell you how much each one sold:

https://www.comixology.com/comics-best-sellers

Kind of matches BC's "sample"

1. Batman #5
2. Justice League #3
3. Superman #5
4. Injustice Gods Among Us #35
5. Nightwing #3
6. Supergirl: Rebirth #1
7. Suicide Squad #1
8. The Wicked + The Divine #22
9. Green Arrow #5
10. Green Lanterns #5
11. Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #1
12. The Mighty Thor #10
>>
>>85668934
New Super-Man sold more than Civil War if you add in the returnability decrease
>>
File: DCUDrawingLine.jpg (348KB, 1024x799px) Image search: [Google]
DCUDrawingLine.jpg
348KB, 1024x799px
>>85669036
They've been trying to use $2.99 as a selling point for the entirety of this decade.
>>
>>85669071
Man this doesn't look good for Marvel.
>>
>>85669097
Was the competition always at $4.99?
>>
>>85667401
these are not representative of the sales for august
>>
>>85669097
Remember when GL was DC's best selling book?

Thanks Venditti
>>
>>85669037
Huh, I thought Scott Eaton was a fill-in. So far, it's been Walker for one issue, Eaton, and then Briones?
>>
>>85668869
a huge chain of one store? I checked their facebook timeline they just opened in may.

a store not open nearly long enough for % numbers to matter.
>>
>>85669147
nobody cares about marvel anymore so they might as well be
>>
im really happy for johns/didio. dcgets shit on for their movies but at least their comics are good
>>
>>85669134

No. I dropped Marvel completely when they started selling 1's at 4.99 even when they were only 22 pages. Fuck them.

Image and the like get a pass because they don't have ads every second page
>>
>>85669154
Remember there was a time when people were seriously thinking he might make the Trinity need a new name?

>>85669134
$3.99 for the average Marvel book, $4.99 for events/annuals/etc.
>>
>>85669147

Things will look much worse for Marvel when the August sales come out
>>
>>85669147
>these are not representative of the sales for august
Those are going to be worse. They got stomped in July and the only book that cracked top 20 (IIRC) was CW2 which is nose diving in sales.
>>
>>85669154
It's not like Venditti had any choice in the matter. People were gonna hate his shit on principle since he was after Johns' 8+ year run. My only real problem with his run so far is that Carol got sidelined for no reason and turned into an idiot.
>>
>>85669154

I still don't think Vendittis GL was that bad. His Flash was fucking dogshit though
>>
SJW BTFO
>>
>>85669191
>im really happy for johns/didio. dcgets shit on for their movies but at least their comics are good
DC is good, WB is shit.
>>
>>85669256
it was better after convergence. and Hal Jordan/GLC isn't bad either
>>
>>85669167
The Rebirth one-shots had other artists on them that weren't on the ongoings if that's what you're talking about. I think it's just been Walker and Briones on the actual book. I don't remember Eaton on it at least.
>>
>>85665223

So August will be a complete ass kicking in DC's favor. What have the got for September? and anything for October for them not to be overshadowed completely by Marvel that month?
>>
>>85669293
https://www.comixology.com/Aquaman-2016-2/digital-comic/373600
>>
Makes sense. Marvel isn't really a comic company anymore.
>>
>>85669334
My mistake then
>>
>>85669333
>What have the got for September?
DC is rolling out:
Super Sons (delayed)
Teen Titans Rebirth
Batman Beyond Rebirth
Blue Beetle Rebirth
Trinity/Cyborg Rebirth too I believe.

I can see Teen Titans and Trinity getting good numbers.
>>
>>85669373

Isn't Marvel studios completely under Disney control now? I thought the comics and the tv shows were pretty much a different division altogether
>>
>>85669373
It's too bad, there's a lot of low key books I'm really enjoying at marvel right now.

Moon Knight
Venom: Space Knight
Carnage
And we still have two more issues of Vision to release yet.
>>
>>85669333
Nothing that should have big numbers, Doom Patrol is the hype book for Sept
>>
>>85669414
Control isn't the word I'd use. Marvel Studios answers directly to Disney now, before there was a panel of creators from Marvel Comics who had input as to what was and wasn't in the movies.

It was /co/'s hero Feige who weren't this panel gone, so I don't think it's just Disney higher-ups who separated the divisions.
>>
File: 1-19-28-40-1.png (480KB, 1080x1843px) Image search: [Google]
1-19-28-40-1.png
480KB, 1080x1843px
>>85668785
But anon the show fans are what's saving the comic!
>>
File: 1470713685710.jpg (821KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1470713685710.jpg
821KB, 2560x1440px
>>85667130
At least Old Man Logan is sick.
>>
>>85669459
weren't = wanted
>>
>>85669476
>they think it's new readers and not returning ones

cute
>>
>>85669485
Best out of lemeires current work.
>>
>>85669373
comics and movies are separate

marvel comics still wants to do well
>>
>>85669404
>>85669333

Oh we got some big hitters for September still to come

Doom Patrol
Batman Beyond Rebirth
Cyborg Rebirth and 1
Blue Beetle
Supergirl 1
Teen Titans Rebirth
Trinity
Gotham Academy
Raven

And I don't know how well Directors cuts do but TDKRIII is coming out.
>>
Side-note

Since Marvel Comics and Marvel Studios are no longer working together is there any reason for Marvel to not be publishing FF and X-men books anymore? I thought Fox doesn't receive any royalties whatsoever from comics.
>>
>>85669476
This comment is very ignorant. The reason GA sold out was because everywhere heavily under ordered it as Rebirth sold way more than anyone expected. I spoke to a few LCS and they tripled all orders for Rebirth but 3x a low number of GA is still a low number.
>>
>>85669536
>any of those but Trinity and maybe Teen Titans being big hitters

At least DP has like 6 variants so maybe it'll do ok
>>
>>85669573
They really only need 2-3 big hits in there if at all. Rebirth is currently going along fine, if people drop one or two books and pick up one or two of the September options Rebirth will continue to go along fine.
>>
>>85669404
Super Sons is delayed until next year.

Also,
Doom Patrol should sell, with Gerard Way writing and promoting it, and it has 8 million variant covers
Also, Batman Beyond, Cyborg, Teen Titans, Trinity
Plus, death of Tim Drake (probably)

http://www.newsarama.com/29792-dc-comics-full-september-2016-solicitations.html
>>
>>85669592
>Super Sons is delayed until next year.
I know, I put (delayed in my comment). The reason it's delayed is good too, Rebirth is still selling so high that Didio didn't want to bloat the offerings.

>Trinity
I can't wait for this. Manapul drawing supes is going to be so peaceful.
>>
>>85669616
Manapul isn't a good writer tho
>>
>>85669592
Teen Titans might be a surprise hit like Green Arrow or Titans. Doom Patrol is heavily promoted. Trinity is Batman/Superman plus Manapul so it should do well
>>
>>85669564
There was never any reason to stop. They were just being petty.
>>
>>85669632
I'm not pulling the book for his writing.
>>
>>85669476
Olicishitters are delusional liars, they are even claiming that the comic is doing bad and that the show killed its sales.

I dunno how Arrow is doing but I hopefully it crashes and burns badly at some point.
>>
>>85668652
Their last relaunch had good #1s, but #2s and #3s often fell bellow final issue of the previous series numbers already. That's not good.
>>
>>85669573
>>85669592
I'd be surprised if Doom Patrol cracked 6 figures. I think it'll level off nicely though, the readership for Doom Patrol (possibly the rest of the Young Animal books as well) will probably be extremely loyal.
>>
>>85669662
>I dunno how Arrow is doing but I hopefully it crashes and burns badly at some point.
Terribly. The TV show is in its death throes.
>>
>>85669632
His short description for Trinity had me a little worried because it looks like he's doing 90's distrusting paranoid asshole Batman and that shit is so fucking done.
>>
>>85669536
>>85669333
>>85669404
>>85669437

I think October will be a bit of a blood bath though. Going up against Marvel relaunch DC has

CAVE CARSON HAS A CYBERNETIC EYE 1
Shade the changing Girl 1
Batman Beyond 1
Teen Titans 1
Deadman 1
Hawkman and Adam Strange
Midnigher and Apollo
Vigilante Southland
Wonder Woman 75th Anniversary special
He-Man and Thundercats
Dark Knight III 7
And Deluxe editions for DC universe Rebirth and Justice League

Marvel will win October but I don't think it will be the stomping we've all been predicting
>>
>>85669662
>Speaking of failed marriages, the silence from this almost network superhero and his wife has been almost deafening. Counting down the days until that split news is released. Stephen Amell ("Arrow")/Cassandra Jean

oliver/felicity in real life too.
>>
>>85668850
They get the numbers from online purchases. So, your money IS having an effect. I wouldn't fret, though: only Flintstones could possibly get a big change, and Didio is probably doing everything in his power to keep Mark Russell from leaving DC altogether.
>>
>>85669616
>>
>>85669573

Did you think New Super-Man would do over 100k?

All of those books will match that apart from the last two
>>
>>85669686
>he's doing 90's distrusting paranoid asshole Batman and that shit is so fucking done.
He has good reasons right now though.

Diana was dating Supes and Bats was best friends with him. That guy died and now this imposter has been around in hiding all along and wants to step up? It would be out of character for Batman to just trust him.

Honestly I'm glad the emotional fallout of Clarks death is being addressed and I'm glad it's in a containment book that will look pretty.
>>
>>85669564
>s there any reason for Marvel to not be publishing FF and X-men books anymore? I thought Fox doesn't receive any royalties whatsoever from comics.

It has nothing to do with publishing revenue. The reason they are "downplaying" the x-books and not doing anything with FF is because Perlmutter sees publishing in terms of a zero sum game and thus the creation of any new material by Marvel as only helping Fox.

Similarly he wants to promote Inhumans as a substitute for X-Men at Marvel. The problem is no one is biting.
>>
>>85669686
At least there's a reason for the distrust rather than him just being a pure asshole. Why SHOULD they trust a guy who sat out Forever Evil and other huge "end of the world" type events?

That being said I'm not going to read it.
>>
>>85669699
>Marvel will win October but I don't think it will be the stomping we've all been predicting
Depends on the lead in. If DC can gap them in the next two months anything can happen. Look at how much DC has gap closed in the last 3 months, more of the same for 2 months could look bad for Marvel.
>>
Glad Superman is still selling
>>
>>85669724
>That guy died and now this imposter has been around in hiding all along and wants to step up?

guess you didn't read this weeks Justice League, batman was the one that asked superman to step in.
>>
>>85669723
Hell, Titans opened to 100k and then went UP.
>>
>>85669699
>Dark Knight III 7
>at least a year for 8 issues to come out
>>
>>85669735
>Why SHOULD they trust a guy who sat out Forever Evil and other huge "end of the world" type events?

What? Batman was there for Forever Evil. He was the only one who didn't get captured and was there with Catwoman & Luthor & his Injustice League to save the day.
>>
>>85669770
>Glad Superman is still selling
It's a good book. Speculators will still be hanging in as well as the core supes audience.
>>
File: 1394768053292.jpg (233KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1394768053292.jpg
233KB, 1000x1500px
>>85669785

WALLY
A
L
L
Y
>>
>>85669732
That said, they're still pumping out Deadpool and X-books because they sell
>>
>>85669785
Titans Rebirth sold 76k

Anyway it's because there was confusion over the rebitth issues
people are treating them like #0 issues, which they kind are, and #0 issues usually don't do as well as #1 issues
>>
>>85669805
Still more reliable than your average Image book.
>>
>>85669782
Guess you didn't read last fortnights JL, Batman is happy to involve him because he wants to keep a better eye on him.
>>
>>85669808
I'm talking about how Pre-Flashpoint Superman didn't help.
>>
>>85669813
Who knew that a fan favourite character with a 40 year quality history would again be well received.

>>85669826
maybe I'm thinking of #1 -> #2 then, I thought I saw it went up.
>>
>>85667270
>Uncanny X-Force
not even shit like gillen's uncanny, or aaron's wolverine and the x-men?
>>
>>85665826
>Gee, nobody's buying all the Marvel titles where the heroes readers knew and loved have been hijacked by stupid people writing them as morons and murderers and fascists and replacing them with Tumblr friendly new characters for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

I fixed your post.
>>
>>85669827
delays like this usually don't happen at the big two and when they do it's usually for big events, which DKIII certainly is not
>>
>>85669826
The Titans one was kind of necessary to explain the memory zapping powers.
>>
Honestly, Marvel Now-er will win them October, but probably not by much.

The problem is that 1) these books will be $3.99, which will automatically dissuade some shops from buying, 2) they're coming off a BAD event, 3) with ANAD sucking, shops aren't going to want to take the bait, 4) shops also don't want to get fucked with incentivized variants yet again, and 5) no returnability!

I do think Marvel has built enough good will with LCSes over the years that even a year of shittiness will make a lot of them overbuy, though. But not by nearly as much as ANAD.

OH, AND I JUST REMEMBERED

CIVIL WAR 2 ISN'T GOING TO END BY OCTOBER.

They're fucking up Marvel Now 2.0 just as they did ANAD by accidentally having their lead-in event run on too long. So, THAT will hurt sales even more (particularly now that shops know what'll happen when events go on too long). Fucking kek.
>>
>>85669876
It's a book by Frank Miller on Batman, delays don't matter.
>>
>>85669929
DCYou 2.0 but without any of the esoteric gems
>>
>>85669876
It might not be an event like Secret Wars or Final Crisis but Miller making another installment on a Batman comics is definitely a comics event, at least with the actual meaning of the word in mind.
>>
>>85667056
I decided to buy floppies of the Flintstones to support the book. The guy at the store had to pull issue 2 from someone's pull list to sell it to me.
>>
>>85669973
That's kinda fucked up, if it was already in his box.
>>
>>85669973
>pull issue 2 from someone's pull list

Was it a shop where the pull lister waited too long to pick up their shit or something?
>>
>>85670018
not the OP, but i can't imagine so

Flintstones #2 came out this month, so if the comic was literally on the guy's monthly pull-list, they'd usually give you enough time to pick everything from the month up all at once.
>>
File: 3 Laws Compliant.png (123KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
3 Laws Compliant.png
123KB, 650x500px
>>85669857
>Wolverine and the Wallpaper
>good
>>
>>85669686
>>85669724
>>85669735

>BATMAN “Bruce is apprehensive about everyone and likes to play the part of a loner, but even he understands the value of friends…This doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a plan to take them down just in case.”

>WONDER WOMAN “Diana’s ability to empathize with both Bruce and Clark makes her the glue that ties the trinity together…. She understands that their difference in ideologies is what makes them stronger.”

>SUPERMAN “Clark is a small town boy at his core so he’s had a very grounded upbringing contrasting the other two which he can be in awe with at times… Even though he’s an alien he feels he brings the Everyman aspect to the trinity.”

Sounds like classic trinity dynamic although I guess at this point Bruce and WW would be friends right?

I guess Superbro was the glue that tied their trinity.
>>
>>85670220
WW looks to be the glue, she is friends with Bats and has already shown up in Action Comics and seemed cool with Supes.
>>
File: barf.png (919KB, 986x990px) Image search: [Google]
barf.png
919KB, 986x990px
>>85669662
Doing bad, Olicity makes anything they touch even worse pic related.

>>85669703
What are you on about?
>>
File: cancer.png (959KB, 912x958px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.png
959KB, 912x958px
>>85670317
This one made me physically ill
>>
>>85670342
>>85670317
Stop it, don't derail a good thread with this bullshit.
>>
>>85669973
>he guy at the store had to pull issue 2 from someone's pull list to sell it to me.

Seems kinda low
>>
>>85670289
Bruce trusts her more now but he was closer to Superbro than her, he even entristed him with the means to take her down if she went rogue (as well as himself).

With him gone Diana doesn't have a weakness, Superdad can't be trusted and he probably would objecy to taking Diana down, so yeah he probably isn't that comfortable with eitheir of them.
>>
>>85670342
BARF
>>
>>85670464
>even entristed him with the means to take her down if she went rogue (as well as himself).
Wasn't his means just Supes though? I remember Clark having an empty case and basically saying "Supes, my contingency plan against Diana is you, don't get too close". Was this developed further in another book?

I doubt they are going to address Wondy's power creep.
>>
I'm really happy for DC to be honest. The Rebirth books I've read are fun and I'm just exhausted with Marvel right now. I'm still pulling titles from both but this is the first time that I have more DC books.
>>
>>85670526
Yeah I'm in the same boat, happy with the good books and happy the efforts being made to correct past mistakes are serious and sincere.
>>
Rebirth has been pretty great so far, JL was the only truly bad book I think, although I really hope Hellblazer improves.

Couldn't be more fucking hyped for Blue Beetle.
>>
>>85665761
>The fans finally said enough to Bendis, and the shitty events
That isn't how Marvel will see it

Marvel will see Civil War II doing the best of all their superhero comics, and continue doing these things.
>>
>>85670973

i don't care about hellblazer but Swampy showing up has me in
>>
>>85671009
I doubt that is what they do and truly I don't know what the strategy will be for them going forward.
>>
>>85671035
Swamp thing is in Superman solicits btw.

Looks like Swamp Thing wants to work out wtf is going on with this guy from a previous iteration of the universe.
>>
>>85671049
Maybe they need to try what DC did around Infinite Crisis, mix a ton of the big the creative teams up. Would at least free Spiderbooks from Slott.
>>
>>85671073

He's in the annual. I'm hoping Superdad isn't a golem or some shit
>>
>>85671109

Spider-Man selling in the 60k's is a very poor showing. How can Marvel be happy with that?
>>
>>85671109
I think they may have backed themselves into a corner too. They have gone all in on diversity and promoted the shit out of it.

If they appear to be moving in a different direction I can see the SJW crowd jumping on them for it.
>>
>>85671110
>l. I'm hoping Superdad isn't a golem or some shit
Sand Superman theory.
>>
>>85671140
>Spider-Man selling in the 60k's
Holy shit that is bad. I always figured he was immune to bad sales.
>>
>>85671049
>I doubt that is what they do
We're talking about the same "angry fans sell" Marvel, right? Bendis books are selling more than any of the other Marvel superhero books.

Yes, this is because he gets all the best artists and titles. Even if they recognize that he isn't good for them, it doesn't mean they'll replace him. He's clearly a company favourite.
>>
>>85671151
DC did a lot of their diversity legacies around that time which is why I thought of it. Marvel has just kind of made a mockery of the whole legacy hero process, no respect for the originals nor the new iterations.
>>
>>85671214
They will get rocked by diminishing returns very soon, it's already started. If they try and line up another 5 events over the next 2 years people will give up.
>>
>>85671252
So? They haven't changed anything about the way they act so far in regards to the failing sales, why would they change now?

But even if they DO change something up, it's most certainly not going to be their writers.
>>
>>85671110
The only explanations I'll accept of the Supermans are

>Kal-L+Kal-El
>some kind of bullshit where they're halves of the same whole and just merge or something in the end

anything else is bad and wrong
>>
>>85671110

Considering he was pulled out of the Pre-Flashpoint universe, had a child with Lois, and then was reinserted, it's much more likely the nu52 Superman wasn't a normal Kryptonian.
>>
>>85671192

Yeah it got a boost last month but the sales in June were about 65k.

Spider-Man should sell around the same level as Batman
>>
>>85671294
>why would they change now?
Because only now is DC on top. Marvel could afford to fuck around before, because DC was dwindling below them. Now that DC has their shit together, Marvel has to pull up their socks.
>>
>>85671308
>>85671299
I wouldn't be surprised if new 52 supes is Dr Manhattans attempt to create life. Hence why he turned into Mars sand.
>>
>>85671316
That's what I figured, that Spidey and Bats would always be propped up by die hard fans that don't give a shit about quality.
>>
>>85671339
see that would be bad and wrong, like I said
>>
>>85671319
More likely they try the "sit and wait it out" tactic more than anything else

Cause really if they're looking for something to blame, they can do basically anything

Blame their more expensive comics
Blame their larger range of comics
Blame the fact that Civil War II was a very short-notice thing
Blame misogynists/racists

Excuses are so much easier than improvement.
>>
>>85671374
If you are only willing to accept your vision for how things will go down you will 100% be upset. You are setting yourself up to hate it.
>>
>>85671435
Blaming something won't fix the problem that nobody is reading their comics.

There may be a very valid reason people aren't liking Marvel right now, but identifying that is only half the battle.
>>
So when are they going to start releasing something that isn't batshit related or supes related? Where's the old Lobo at? Wheres Martian Manhunter? Why do they hate Swamp Thing? I mean they could at least do some short series for some characters as well.
>>
>>85671440
I accept this fate
>>
>>85671499
>Blaming something won't fix the problem that nobody is reading their comics
I am well aware of that. The question is whether they are actually going to fix their shit or just make excuses.
>>
>>85671521
>Where's the old Lobo at?

Harley team-up book

>Wheres Martian Manhunter?

not sure tbqh, might just be benched because his solo didn't sell

>Why do they hate Swamp Thing?

Do they?

>I mean they could at least do some short series for some characters as well.

They announced a bunch of minis for October. Deadman, Midnighter and Apollo, Raven, Hawkman and Adam Strange, Vigilante
>>
>>85671521
When the hype dies down a little. Right now DC are absolutely killing it with the books they have. They aren't going to bloat their offerings.

When numbers begin to dwindle, they will inject a new wave of #1's.
>>
>>85671538
I don't see them running the company into the ground, so I suppose I see them fixing it somehow.
>>
>>85671521

Old Lobo is the only thing that needs fixing out of the shit you just said. Martian Manhunter just had a very good run. It's a shame it didn't come out with Rebirth because then it would have sold
>>
>>85671610
>I don't see them running the company into the ground
like the 90s?
>>
>>85671647
I wasn't reading comics then so can't comment. But surely being owned by Disney means they will be propped up even in the worst case scenario?
>>
>>85671664
That's the opposite of how it works. If they fail Disney would just kill their publishing altogether because they don't need anything dragging down the bottom line.
>>
>>85671697
I very much doubt they would do that.
>>
>>85671664
That only makes it worse, because they have less incentive to succeed
>>
>>85671587
Harley team up book? Is it the old Lobo or the new 52 faggot?

>martian manhunter was replaced by cyborg
Just unbelievable. I'm still mad.

>Deadman
cool
>Midnighter and Apollo
Faggots
>Raven
don't care
>Hawkman
alright
>Adam Strange
ehhhh
>Vigilante
Seriously....

>>85671629
All the good shit is always canceled and replaced with more batshit.
>>
>>85671521

Did you not see the earlier posts listing all the stuff DC has coming in September and October.
>>
They need a new editor at Marvel
>>
>>85671773
>Just unbelievable. I'm still mad.
Keep being mad, it got us Wally back.
>>
>>85671773

You just dismissed everything DC is doing that isn't Bat related and then complain about to much Batman. Fuck off mate.
>>
>>85671746
They just killed their video game department because, while profitable, they weren't making enough money. The scale they operate at is unfathomable.
>>
>>85669805
Still faster than Karnak
>>
>>85671647
that was the readership. Marvel kept making more of what was selling best, and people kept buying more of it, then it suddenly dawned on them that all their #1's aren't going to be worth a fortune in forty years liked they'd convinced themselves was the case, followed by a loud declaration of 'wtf i hate comics now'
>>
>>85671773
it's old Lobo

>not wanting more Middy

opinion disregarded
>>
>>85671798
Sorry they are doing 90% shit characters that are made for homo's and retarded liberal cucks.
>>
>>85671827

No they just aren't doing the characters you like. But you're not everyone and most people are happy. But your complaint was it being all Batman related and you're wrong
>>
>>85671787
they need a talent scouting upheaval
>>
>>85671882

They should probably stop asking tumblr for artists
>>
>>85671882
When diversity is your first requirement you already rule out a lot of good candidates. Look for quality.
>>
>>85671907
they asked twitter once

https://twitter.com/AlannaWrites/status/750727387608969217
>>
>>85671865
Currently it is all batman related and supes related. Thats not wrong.
>>
>read Green Arrow rebirth
>"I'm a social justice warrior!"
>"I made that republican girl very angry on our date!"

Can they stop with this political agenda crap? Make some good stories.
>>
>>85671936
Describe how everything is "Batman related and Supes related." Go on, tell us how every title is intrinsically related to the company's two biggest characters and how this is a bad thing.
>>
>>85671918
Well if you have proper scouting methods you'll get that diversity without trying.
>>
>>85671936
2. Suicide Squad #1
3. Justice League #3
8. Green Arrow #5

Comixology has:
4. Injustice Gods Among Us #35
10. Green Lanterns #5
>>
>>85671907
>Adore Brittney Williams deviantart/Superman material
>Get hired for Hellcat
I'm saddened by this.
>>
>>85671936

But it isn't. The Batfamily doesn't have anymore books now than they have for years
>>
>>85671983
Does it exist? I'm not going to pretend to know. But perhaps the question "Is there a lesbian black comic writer that produces a high quality product?" has an answer that SJW's don't want to face.
>>
>>85671973

Green Arrow is a Social Justice Warrior in the most literal sense though. You can't really complain about that
>>
>>85671787
editors have less power than they used to
>>
>>85671976
Superman, Chinese Superman, Supergirl, Superwoman, Batman, Red Hood, harley comics, Nightwing, 2 Batgirl comics, Action comics, Detective comics. All Star Batman, Batman Beyond, Suicide Squad

It's just ridiculous. If you like that shit then good for you, but some people want some damn variety.
>>
>>85671973
You're almost half a century l8 with that compl8nt m8
>>
>>85672003
I'm so glad GLs and GA is doing well. Still gotta pick up the start of Percy's run, I enjoyed the DCYou intro.
>>
>>85672051
DCYou pretty much confirms that the people looking specifically for that kind of thing don't really mean what they say. Not worth paying attention to them when you're doing the right thing anyway.
>>
>>85672127
Blue Beetle
Deathstroke
Green Arrow
Green Lanterns
Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
Justice League
Suicide Squad
Suicide Squad Most Wanted: El Diablo and Boomerang
The Flash
The Hellblazer
Titans
Wonder Woman

That's not to mention that DC led with the big books first which are Supes/Bats. Almost all of the upcoming stuff is non-batman/superman.
>>
>>85672127

Oh wow. 14 books out of 34. Never mind the Young Animal books as well
>>
>>85672175
Jessica is my guilty love at the moment. She is a fantastic character.
>>
>>85672193

He thinks Suicide Squad is a Batman book
>>
>>85672127
>there are a lot of books made about them
>therefore, it's EVERYTHING

No one is forcing you to read these, anon.
>>
>>85672222
Then Titans, Teen Titans and Justice League are all Flash books.
>>
>>85672194
>we need 14 books for 2 characters!

>>85672249
Titans are fucking stupid as well, hope they have Black Adam just rage and murder them.

>>85672222
It's a spinoff so technically a bat book.

>>85672249
Justice League is just Batman and Superman wank with a couple of useless characters along the side.
>>
>>85672354
>It's a spinoff so technically a bat book.

What?
>>
>>85672249
Titans is a Wally book right now so it kinda is a flash book
>>
>>85672354
>Suicide Squad and JL are bat spinoffs
lol
>Titans are fucking stupid as well, hope they have Black Adam just rage and murder them.
haha
>>
>>85672400
It's a Titans book, Wally is just front and centre for the time being. I'm sure once his introduction arc and Linda arc have died down someone else will get room to step up.
>>
>>85672424
No seriously how can you even defend Batman. Everything he does is just hand waved as "well he's batman".
>>
>>85672354
>we need 14 books for 2 characters!

Nightwing isn't Batman and Supergirl isn't Superman
>>
>>85672459

We aren't talking about the quality of Batman. I don't think about cares about your opinion on him either
>>
>>85672450
>it stays a Wally book
>team moves to Keystone
>he builds them a headquarters out of speed force
>Wally and Linda get married again
>gets renamed Flash and the Titans

yeah?
>>
>>85672459
That's not even the discussion we are having.
>>
>>85672528
I would love that. Honestly I'd prefer they keep it a team book and give Wally a speedforce book with Impulse at his side.
>>
>>85672520
Apparently many of you do as you are getting incredibly salty that I point out the fact that DC comics are riddled with 90% batshit.
>>85672493
Same shit.
>>
>>85672583
>Same shit

Not really. People are getting annoyed because you're wrong but you keep spouting shit anyway
>>
File: Chippendale.jpg (310KB, 300x460px) Image search: [Google]
Chippendale.jpg
310KB, 300x460px
>>85669666
I can see Doom Patrol and most of the Young Animal stuff selling low but pretty consistently. If anything it's gonna be one of those series editorial will step in to save if it ever dips too low. Even if it doesn't do too well, there's no way in hell DC's going to let Way go.

I preordered three copies of Doom Patrol. Two of the basic cover because of the sticker gimmick, and the Chippendale variant. My dick is rock hard.
>>
>>85672583
Just give up. Everything you have said has been clearly shown to be wrong.
>>
>>85672672
Same exact powers, same shit. It's all the same.

>>85672693
No it hasn't. If I walk into a comic shop i'm greeted with pretty much nothing but Batman and Superman wank.
>>
>>85672729
>No it hasn't
lol this delusion.
>>
>>85672729

>Powers

And completely different personalities.
>>
>>85672683

I dunno I think the Young Animal stuff will level out at about 30k. Not great but worth keeping around
>>
>>85672865
lol I'm batman because we have the same powers.
>>
Wait, wasn't Civil War and Marvel killing it only a year ago?
What happened?
>>
>>85672865
Comics are about the powers. If personalities were the big draw of comics they'd be out of business by now because people would be reading actual books with actual fleshed out characters.
>>
>>85672914

Ok
>>
>>85669191
Why does DC get keeping shit that's WB's fault?
>>
>>85672940

Marvel wasn't really killing it. They had a big chunk of the sales chart but that's mostly due to DC shitting the bed with DCYou
>>
>>85672940
They got complacent and DC finally admitted they were wrong and made corrections.
>>
So which Rebirth titles are actually good?
>>
>>85672959

Because Marvel has it's own studio people assume DC does as well. It's why you see retarded posts on /tv/ about how DC is ashamed of Superman and stuff like that
>>
>>85672942
>Comics are about the powers
>>
>>85672982

Green Arrow and Green Lanterns are surprisingly good
>>
>>85672982
Depends what you are into anon.
>>
>>85672982
Flintstones.
>>
>>85672982
Tom Cruise and the Biker Boys
>>
>>85672582
I still think Bart should stay in the 31st century when he comes back. At least until they make an actual space for the YJ kids. Tim kind of exists (might die soon?) but the others need to be reestablished soon.

Unless you meant Irey I guess.
>>
>>85672940
that was Secret Wars not Civil War

turns out Hickman is better than Bendis
>>
>>85672982
Deathstroke, Batman, Nightwing, New Super-Man, Superwoman, Detective Comics, Hal Jordan, and Green Arrow (kinda)
>>
>>85673013
The art is too bad on GLs for me to call it good and the plot is kind of weak but the character interactions are gold
>>
>>85673323

Impulse is one of the easier characters to explain how he ends up with the Legion
>>
File: flash wally titans 2.jpg (182KB, 777x1200px) Image search: [Google]
flash wally titans 2.jpg
182KB, 777x1200px
>>85672982

Batman
Nightwing
Batgirl had a promising first issue
Green Lanterns
Green Arrow
Superman
Supergirl also promising first issue
New Super-Man
The Flash

Batman, Flash, GLanterns, and New Super-Man have been stand outs imo. some other promising first issues that's my list from memory

Titans is crippled by the worst artist at DC
Somehow the inkers and colorists are making Finch tolerable on Batman
Green Arrow is beautiful
>>
>>85672940
DC fucked up with Convergence and DCYou while Marvel had Secret Wars.

But then when Marvel relaunched for All-New All-Different after/during Secret Wars, it turned out sales dropped on the second or third issues on most books to pre-Secret Wars levels.
>>
>>85673339
No he fucking isn't, Secret Wars was the biggest letdown in recent comics history.
>>
>>85669929
>I do think Marvel has built enough good will with LCSes over the years

Have they?
>>
>>85665281
>Perhaps it’s time for Marvel to cease using variants to artificially boost numbers and instead focus on figuring out how to make readers want to read their comics again.

REKT and absolutely right.
>>
>>85665223
>Scooby doing good
that's good to hear.
>>
>>85665223

Why is that Poe Dameron book selling so well? It's boring as fuck
>>
>>85675493
people have shit taste and liked TFA
>>
>>85672982
New Super-Man
Aquaman
Red Hood and the Outlaws
Green Lanterns
Superman
Wonder Woman
Green Arrow
Flintstones

This the right answer.
>>
>>85675531

Nobody ever mentions Aquaman and I think it's Rebirths best book. It feels like we actually are heading for Rise of the Seven Seas with what's going on
>>
Can anyone explain to me why you think JL is so awful? I've read all 3 (4 if you include Rebirth issue) I don't really think it's that awfully, horrendusly bad as much as Hitch playing it very safe.
>>
>>85675531
>Red Hood
>WW
>GLs
But those are thrash.
>>
>>85675650
>I don't really think it's that awfully, horrendusly bad as much as Hitch playing it very safe
That's the worst thing you can do with a team book
>>
>>85675583
>Nobody ever mentions Aquaman and I think it's Rebirths best book
Definitely agree. Aquaman has been great so far.

>>85675654
>Red Hood
>WW
>GLs
>trash
No, they aren't. Red Hood is the only batbook I'm enjoying right now, GLs has been freaking fun (tho the dialogue is cringe worthy sometimes) and WW is slow paced, but still well written.
>>
But 7 of those titles are shit? The fuck is wrong with people?
>>
this is how monsters are made
>>
>>85669805
faster than most of Fraction's run on Hawkeye.
>>
>>85669699
Midnighter & Apollo comes out right when Marvel relaunches? I hate this.
>>
>>85675400
Secret Wars was a letdown to be sure but Civil War II is a bad comic on every level. Every issue is riddled with plot induced retardation, continuity errors (sometimes in he contradicts things in the same issue they are established) and nonsensical character motivations. Secret Wars didn't need a book dedicated to fixing it for it to make sense.
>>
>>85671521

>Why do they hate Swamp Thing?

I dunno, why weren't you buying the Len Wein mini that just wrapped up a few months ago?
>>
>>85671697
That will never ever happen.

Marvel can literally fuck around all they want and Disney will prop them up. In fact, now they have incentive to tank the rest of the industry, since they're the only ones who would survive.
>>
>>85666314
Iron Man for one.
>>
>>85666505
They probably have 40% female readers because 40% of their male readers ran for the hills at the sight of this SJW shit.
>>
>>85675699
Red Hood and GLs are mediocre-to-bad, with overwritten exposition and heavy handed character beats. Red Hood's saving grace is that the art is good, which will last about6 issues.
>>
>>85675654
WW has been excellent. Red Hood and GLs are only considered "good" with respect to everything else that Lobdell/Humphries has written in the past few years.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.