[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would my kids enjoy the Chipmunk movies? It got bad reviews but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

Would my kids enjoy the Chipmunk movies? It got bad reviews but made a ton of money.
>>
>>85655831
Your kids will watch fucking anything.
>>
>>85655831
Your kids are children, they have no taste, if it's bright and colorful they'll watch it.
>>
>>85655831
It's junkfood for brain. If they are really young they will find enjoyment with everything (the cute, the slang, the music, the poop jokes).

If they are like above 11, they may get bored. The sequels will make YOU cringe
>>
>>85655831
Go take them to Kubo and the Two Strings instead. Fantastic film, visually and story wise.
>>
>>85655933
It looks boring DESU.
>>
>>85655831
There is tons of children movies out there. Why make they see a dead sony crap saga that ill make your kids listen to annoyng high-ptch music and learn nothing of importance?
>>
Actually yes, and you might too.

They're extremely generic but the animation is fun to look at and the jokes are predictable but your kids will laugh and you'll laugh with them.

It's basic fun, not amazing, but not terrible.
>>
>>85655967
And bad CGI Chipmunks singing pop music is the event of the year?
>>
Why not show them some of the better 2d chipmunk movies?
>>
File: tumblr_lss57vgJPG1qf7a78.gif (439KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lss57vgJPG1qf7a78.gif
439KB, 500x334px
>>85656217
this

why is this even a question. the animation in this movie is as good as Don Bluth. even if you have to entertain crotch goblins you shouldn't watch shit that makes you want to shoot yourself in the eye.
>>
>>85655831
If you have to show one of them to your kids, just show the first one, if only because it's the least bad of the bunch.

Otherwise, see >>85656217
>>
PIZZA

TOOTS
>>
>>85656951
meet the wolfman was not bad.
>>
>>
>>85655902
>took my nieces and nephews to see one of them, I can't remember which one, I was bored and had nothing better to do so I tagged along because I tend to enjoy the theater experience in general, even if the movie isn't that great
>there was a scene when the three girl chipmunks have a danceoff with three actual real non-animated women at a salsa club or some shit and they start insulting each others nails in ghetto "YOU TELL EM GURL" speak

I couldn't take it and left the theater.
>>
>>85655831

Stick to Disney, Pixar, Laika, and the PG-rated Ghibli movies.

Come to think of it, when was the last time a PG or G rated live-action movie was actually good?
>>
OP, I recommend only the original film. That was good. The sequels are not.

>>85655876

That's not true. Maybe it is for little kids but I am 20 and I remember having tastes by age 9. Even I could tell post-movie Spongebob was trash.
>>
>>85660579
>Come to think of it, when was the last time a PG or G rated live-action movie was actually good?

Disney's live-action remakes of Cinderella and The Jungle Book were both good.
>>
File: 1461987839108.png (185KB, 507x329px) Image search: [Google]
1461987839108.png
185KB, 507x329px
>>85655831
do you want your kids to grow up lame or something, be that cool dad and refine their taste while their young, show them the prince of egypt, or who framed roger rabbit, or fantastic mr. fox.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.