[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long can DC keep up this price in today's market when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: DCUDrawingLine.jpg (348KB, 1024x799px) Image search: [Google]
DCUDrawingLine.jpg
348KB, 1024x799px
How long can DC keep up this price in today's market when every other publisher is at $3.99 or more?
>>
2 years
>>
>>85652026

That's 24 issues. Can't complain I suppose
>>
>>85652009
As long as they have enough ad revenue to prop it up.

OR

They leverage the price to outsell Marvel long enough that the normies buy into the "popularity" and make it self-sustaining.
>>
>>85652009
I think they can keep it up as long as they keep selling phenominaly and they can keep doing that as long as they keep publishing fantastic comics
>>
>>85652278

Shilling aside what was it that made Rebirth so well received? The drop off from the 1st issues to 2nd and 3rd hasn't been anywhere near as bad as it has for previous relaunches from DC and Marvel
>>
>>85652337
The shift in editorial style has made the comics much better.
There are other minor reasons but its mostly the quality.
>>
>>85652337
The characters that people like are being given back to them, there is an acknowledgment of DC having fucked up, among the 'core' audience there is the knowledge that we will get niche books like Deadman, Adam Strange and Midnighter and there is the fact that most of the books are accessible to everyone and are actually good.
>>
>>85652370
>an acknowledgment of DC having fucked up
That is the truely amazing part really
>>
>>85652337
The drop off won't be much because the titles are returnable
>>
>>85652535

That doesn't make any sense. It's all order numbers. When you get to 3 and beyond retailers are only ordering what they know they can sell.
>>
>>85652577
The owner of my lcs told me he's over ordering shit because they are returnable
>>
>>85652612

So what does it mean that the reorders for 1's were all above 15k?
>>
>>85652009

Don't other 3.99 books (non Marvel) actually have more pages? At least I think they do.
>>
>>85652655
2nd prints are like variants
>>
>>85652746

They used to. DC did this at the start of the New 52 with their 3.99 books. I can forgive indie books being 3.99 because there are no ads breaking up the story. I's why i commend DC for lowering the price and condemn Marvel for keeping theirs at 3.99 and 4.99 for 1's that are only 22 pages
>>
>>85652044
More like 48 if they keep double shipping
>>
>>85652746
indie publishers don't have ads. if they do, it's only in-house ones that they put at the end of the book instead of the middle.

marvel meanwhile will charge 4.99 for a book with the same two-page spread copied four times, followed by two entirely blank pages.
>>
>>85652337
Nostalgia

Returnablity

Much less variants. The drops were so severe because marvel had 5+ variants on just about everything.
>>
>>85652337
Literally Johns saving DC.

He made sure every writer understands the characters and actually wants to be doing their book. No more editorial mandated garbage that the writer is shitting out for the paycheck.
Double-shipping is a fantastic idea because the market is heading towards being trade-focused and double the issues means trades come out faster and more often.
Continuity is being maintained but not to the point of cockblocking writers.
No crazy gimmicks to get people reading, just giving fans what they want.
Keeping the lower price encourages people to buy more books, including ones they otherwise might not have taken a chance on.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.