[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the most beautiful work of animation ever made.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: feherlofia.jpg (2MB, 2112x2560px) Image search: [Google]
feherlofia.jpg
2MB, 2112x2560px
This is the most beautiful work of animation ever made. Prove me wrong.
>>
What is this from?
>>
>>85638632
Steven Universe
>>
>>85638761
Literally what?
>>
post a link faglord
>>
>>85638225
Those sure are nice still pictures you've posted. Shame nobody knows what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>85638991
>>85638898
>>85638632
>>85638861
How are all of you this retarded
I never complain about newfags, but god damn, this is awful
inb4 spoonfeeding
>>
>>85638225
>animation
>posts still images
>>
>>85638991
>can't read the filename

>>85638898
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwzqtF2W6RQ
>>
File: feherlofia.jpg (11KB, 190x266px) Image search: [Google]
feherlofia.jpg
11KB, 190x266px
>>85638861
>>85638991
>>85638632

Title is in the filename. OP is still a shortsighted jerk.

And yeah, he's right, this is a damn nice film. I put it on to play in the background but ended up sitting down to watch it because it really grabbed me.
>>
>>85639065
If anyone has a Feherlofia webm I'd be delighted to see it.
>>
>>85638225
That isn't fantasia 2000
>>
I really want to watch Tragedy of Man to see how it compares but I'm trying to poorfag right now.
>>
>>85638225
I can't. Good movie too.
>>
>>85639349
That only had one really good segment.
>>
>not Patlabor 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dmlwhaEEgE
>>
>>85638225
Is this a show about portugal?
>>
>>85639367
Tragedy of Man is good, but I think I like Feherlofia better. It's definitely worth a watch, all the same. You might be able to find torrents of it. I know of at least one private tracker that has it, though that's probably no help.
>>
>>85639440
This scene is a masterpiece but overall Angel's Egg and GITS are better.
>>
>>85639107
>OP is still a shortsighted jerk.
Don't spoonfeed faggots.
>>
>>85639070
Disliked it, it was pretty bad.
>>
File: feherlofia.webm (2MB, 704x512px) Image search: [Google]
feherlofia.webm
2MB, 704x512px
>>
>>85638225
That would be The Thief and The Cobbler.

The Recobbled cut anyways.
>>
>>85639107
>OP is still a shortsighted jerk.
Teach a man to fish
if he asks for fish, show him your pole and tell him to get to work
>>
Genius party beyond is a pretty good contender.
I fully support finding other contenders iv never seen
>>
>>85640310
Go die in a hole /a/ who one likes your autistic "spoonfeeding" ideals. Keep your autism in your own board and stop bleeding it into other boards.
>>
>>85643968
Lots of people on this board can't even read for shit, though.
>>
>>85643968
The name of the movie is literally on the jpg file. If people are too stupid to notice that, then they don't deserve to know.
>>
>>85644135
Naming an image "Feherlofia" to most english reading users just looks like a faceroll and doesn't provide shit. And reverse searching the OP image doesn't return a valid result.

If the OP wants to discuss a certain movie, it's better to actually explain the movie because there is a fuck ton of obscure animation all around the world in all sorts of countries that never get any attention. I know in japan it's real easy to fine anime because it all originates from one country, but it may sound crazy that it's pretty damn hard to keep tabs on every single animation project around the globe, including obscure shit like this.
>>
>>85644398
Isn't the main difference between this board and /a/ is that people on /a/ actually read/watch their mediums?
>>
>>85643439
Wanwa the Doggy is an absolute masterpiece yeah.
>>
>>85644591
A majority of /co/ read/watches their mediums, it's just the ones that do are usually the most autistic of them all and are awful to be around.

Comics are meh, I can't really speak 100% for comics since I can't be bothered to keep up on them, but it seems like a few do, and then most of them just shitpost about all the pandering marvel does. Story time threads are good shit though.
>>
Peter Chung's comment on Feherlofia:

"The traditional approach is to design characters and settings first as static visual forms, then to animate them by "adding" movement. What Jankovics does here and in his other work is to make the movement a primary aspect of the design. Every element-- character & setting, foreground & background, color & shape, is integrated into a total composition in motion. It approaches the idea of animation as a visual equivalent to music, with analogs to melody, rhythm and harmony working in a non-literal evocation of ideas and feelings.

Filmmakers like Jankovics demonstrate the fallacy that film must restrict itself to the portrayal of the external. He uses the language of metaphor and projection to breach the conventional boundaries of physical bodies. It's a picture of the world that is not limited by the material reality seen through the camera lens. It never made sense to me that animators should impose on themselves the convention of a "camera" at all."
>>
>>85638225

Hi Feherlofia, say Hi to the true master; Aleksandr Petrov:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyfOWwWTtiU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIr7cs6eEAs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbujQBabpvk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js6biCftfks

bye Feherlofia
>>
>>85639440
>tfw just started watching Patlabor a few weeks ago
>more or less marathoned the first OVA
>Fucking loved it
>can't wait to get to this
>>
>>85639048
>thinks everyone knows about this shit already
>still starts a thread about it.
>gets mad when people actually want to talk about it
>>
File: 250.gif (845KB, 245x138px) Image search: [Google]
250.gif
845KB, 245x138px
>>85647131

lol Feherlofia, lol
>>
>>85647131
Hey Petrov I'll let you finish but Norshteyn is the true chief artist of Russian animation.
>>
>>85638225
can't prove you wrong because i haven't watched it yet but

>this made me feel feels this must be some sort of movie magic

find out what you like bro
>>
>>85638225
Those fucking MS Paint colors.
>>
File: whoa.gif (2MB, 366x266px) Image search: [Google]
whoa.gif
2MB, 366x266px
>>85648357
(you)
>>
>>85648456
>gif
also not that dude but personally I haven seen anything real outstanding
its got a good style but everything feels hard to look at
like the constant flashing of the rain guy
>>
>>85640392
Oh. Why didn't you like it?
>>
>>85648545
Thankfully, it doesn't do that constantly through the whole film. And it feels much more brief and less annoying when it's just a few seconds and not those few seconds looped in a gif or webm.
>>
>>85648545
It incorporates and manipulates so much color and has such an understanding of spacial continuity, you really have to see it to be get a sense of the infinite the film has to offer. Screenshots and gifs don't do it justice. Watch how the film is edited, how everything moves and morph. It's the most unique experience I've ever had with animation.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.