[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? I haven't seen this but it's gotten

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: legendsheader.jpg (125KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
legendsheader.jpg
125KB, 640x360px
What went wrong? I haven't seen this but it's gotten really mixed reviews.
>>
It's fun but theres a few weak characters. Fortunately those characters have been pruned going into season 2. It's worth a watch
>>
They had no idea how to plot
The character interaction is the best part of the show, but the stories suck ass

Just watch the show for Stein being based, Mick and Ray buddy cop moments, and Sara generally giving everyone boners.
>>
>>85635681
How is Arthur Darvill in this? Literally the only reason I'll watch this.
>>
>>85636210
I didn't watch Dr. Who so I have no attachment to him, but he was probably my least favorite character. I guess he was a good actor, but Rip is a fuckwit asshole in this show.

>>85635791
Exactly. The plot took forever to get started and then immediately fizzled out.
>>
They either go to the future or the past, Hunter tells them not to fuck with things, and as soon as they get off the ship someone goes and fucks with things. Now they either have to fix that or ignore it and continue after Savage, who proceeds to fuck their shit up.

The best thing they ever did was kill off the cardboard cut ou- I mean actor they had for Hawkman.
>>
I was so disappointed with this show. They took what could have basically been Danger 5: DC Edition and bungled it.
>>
>>85636345
It'll be interesting to see him play an asshole then. That's completely opposite to what he was in Doctor Who. Thanks for the heads-up, anon.
>>
File: 1466254493178.jpg (67KB, 1280x690px) Image search: [Google]
1466254493178.jpg
67KB, 1280x690px
>>85635681
dropped it the moment black firestorm got turned into a bug.
>>
>>85635681
Sometimes they clearly were doing things to extend the plot, Hawkgirl was operation "pointless episodes" team leader. You would think with a shorter than normal season would avoid that.
>>
>We have to save this guy who will be reincarnated anyway!
>>
File: Thatcher pepe.jpg (182KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Thatcher pepe.jpg
182KB, 1024x768px
>>85636378
Exactly this. I loved the character interactions, they were great but the "story" just kept going round in circles.

That and there were at least 2 clear moments when they could have ended Savage, but just decided to fuck off back on the ship cause the episode had ended.

There were more than a few questionable cases of logic as well

It had a fair few great "moments" but zero to no substence
>>
All they had to do was stab one guy, and they kept failing that for stupid reasons. Plus a third of the team was useless, and another third has to be worfed constantly.
>>
Possibly the most incompetent superhero group I've ever seen. There were some good moments but the show was very lackluster overall.
>>
>>85635681
>too many characters
>too many episodes
>too much filler
>Ray and Kendra romance
>Kendra and Connor
>good villain portrait by a terrible actor
>not caveman origin
>the time travel doesn't make any sense, doesn't work and it's kind of a mess and confusing
>the Captain Cold actor overacting
>>
Fuck the arrowverse hawkfolks
Re-incarnated magic lovers are fucking gay and Thanagarians are flying Judge Dredds.
Also they gave timecaptain faggot a britbong accent to get tumblr chicks to watch because Doctor Who.
>>
>>85635681
Turns out that CW show that have to rely on their plot actually sucks.
This isn't like Flash where they can just put another comic reference or some memetic scene and get away with it for an entire season of lackluster writing, cheap prouduct value and so-so acting.
>>
>>85635681
>There's no way we can meddle with the time stream!
>Fiiiiiiine Rip, We won't do the thiiiiing.
>We need to think about the greater good, and also my wife and child
>You liiiiiiiiiieeed to ups Rip, Not cooooool. We did the thing you told us not to do.
>THE TIME STREAM!
> *Nothing happens*
>I'm sorry, i was wrong. I should have believed.
>Now let's go to a time period easily emulated by merely changing our clothes and one or two buildings!
>>
>>85636798
>We can kill savage right now
>BUT MUH CARTER

thank fuck regular barista won't be back in season 2, not will cardboard cutout
>>
File: Teapot Alan Scott.jpg (550KB, 1280x1979px) Image search: [Google]
Teapot Alan Scott.jpg
550KB, 1280x1979px
It's shit. And season 2 is going to be a shitfest as well.
>>
>>85637537
>>the Captain Cold actor overacting
That's the best part of the show, though.
>>
>>85635681
Yeah, it's worth a watch. Once it gets on Netflix (or even on the CW's own digital platform), you can just fast forward or skip to a few episodes. The main problem was a season long villain that was invincible.

>>85636210
>>85636345
Yeah Rory makes Rip out to be a pretty stupid fool and mostly useless to the show, unlike what he's typically been like in canon for the last ten years.

>>85636798
Yeah. A season long big bad isn't a good idea for the people behind the CW, it's only worked once over three shows that I've seen, over four years worth of episodes and that was the first season of the Flash.
>>
>>85641965

Cold isn't THE best part of the episodes but he's definitely top three.
>>
>>85635681
Too big of a cast, too many episodes focused on Rip, ridiculous plotholes, the same character development in every episode that gets reversed and then has to happen again next episode, shitty villain, shitty Hawkdude and Hawkchick, etc.
>>
File: hawkgirl.png (213KB, 340x343px) Image search: [Google]
hawkgirl.png
213KB, 340x343px
>>85635681
Story: Buildup buildup buildup- The End

Acting: Hawkgirl. You'll believe in the casting couch once you see what she tries to pass off as acting. The Hawkman guy was also kinda boring but at least he wasnt in your face all the time.
>>
>>85635681
Many things, but personally I found the Ray and Kendra romance the most egregious. Mostly because I thought Ray was a charming character with a lot of potential and Hawkgirl dragged him down to a ridiculous extent. He would have been so much better without that CW romance chain around his ankle.

Maybe the second season will be better in that respect.
>>
>>85645037
B A R I S T A

A

R

I

S

T

A
>>
>>85637537
>good villain
In comics and DCAU maybe. In the show he was complete garbage and not just because of acting.
>>
So im wondering how cold comes back and is in both shows. Time remnants? Flashpoint shenanigans? Clone? How will sara and mick react to him being alive and evil again?
>>
>>85637537
>the time travel doesn't make any sense, doesn't work and it's kind of a mess and confusing

Yeah there was zero fucking logic to any of the time travel. I know time travel is usually a narrative mess but the writers didn't even try.
>>
>>85635681
it's probably the worst CW show
>>
>>85635681
>I haven't seen this but
>>
>>85645037
Its not acting couch. Its just the quality CW can get with their acting level requirements.

Out of all the cape shows I've seen only S1 Zoom and black dad try to act above power ranger level.
>>
File: img_6650.jpg (2MB, 1801x1673px) Image search: [Google]
img_6650.jpg
2MB, 1801x1673px
>>85651184
>tfw a former Power Ranger is the best actor on all of these capeshows
>>
>>85648090
I'm expecting flashpoint shenanigans
>>
>>85651021
That's not Arrow
>>
>>85651326
..who did she play again?
>>
>>85651498
Yellow Ranger

>>85651338
Arrow at least has more waifus
LoT is a total sausage fest besides that nurse episode
>>
>>85651021
>saying this when Arrow exists
>>
>>85635681
The story is meandering around and clearly an excuse to dick around in different settings, but it's all really boring.
>>
>>85635681
It's kinda shitty but fun.
>>
>>85651184

I'd say Cisco is ok too.
>>
>>85651184
Well, black dad has a pretty long acting history, so I'd be surprised if he sucked. I still remember him from Law & Order.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.