[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of superman as a character? any fans out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: supe.jpg (116KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
supe.jpg
116KB, 780x438px
What do you guys think of superman as a character? any fans out here?

Can you recommend some good superman reads?

Also, are the rebirth superman comics good or trash?
>>
>>85634266
All-Star Superman
also check out http://corecommendedcomics.wikia.com/wiki/Superman
>>
>>85634349
Basically this list.

>What do you guys think of superman as a character? any fans out here?
Well, as a character, I feel he is mainly meant to be someone one should aspire to be like, he's meant to be an inspiration to people. I also think this is why he is rather unpopular with younger people today. Millenials already believe themselves to be perfect, so a character like Superman is almost offensive to their sensibilities. They were raised this way. As for his comics, well, he has a great but somewhat underused rogues gallery, except for a select few. His comics, when well written are usually a lot of fun, I mean, he fights all manner of aliens, monsters, mechas, you name it, he also occassionally has extremely weird, but entertaining stories. What's not to like?
>>
>>85634266

I highly recommend Secret Identity
>>
File: 793865_050.jpg (47KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
793865_050.jpg
47KB, 320x240px
>>85634266
As a character, he's extremely difficult to write. Making a character interesting is easy if you do it without regarding the character's core basics (see the 90's for most super-heroes).

It's hard for the writers to make what's already estabklished and set in the public's eyes more interesting. It's like trying to make a piece of paper more impactful to you. It's hard to because most of the time, you think it's trash, or just to write and draw on.

That's the problem with making Superman appealing--making others ignore the "cliches" the character is thought to have, and see what's there before in a new, different light that ascertains to the original purpose.

Man of Steel did the exact opposite, as do most hero movies. They don't try to sell you the idea, they want you to praise their own more. The only films I think really wanted to treat the character as how he was in the comics is the original SPider-Man trilogy. Say what you will, because even though it's goofy at times, it can still jerk your tears. It FEELS like a comic book movie while being silly, dramatic, and impactful. If you watch a scene where Spidey's swinging through downtown with that badass score, it feels like Spider-Man, not a Spider-Man if it were a movie--just simple Spidey being Spidey IN a movie.

But...if you want an example better than the Raimi movies capturing characters perfectly, watch Spectacular Spidey, Earth's Mightiest Heroes, anything from the DCAU, and Batman: Dead End.
>>
>>85635228
FWIW Batfleck solidly feels like a version of Angry Batman (depends on who's writing him) in the comics, aside from the pointless addition of killing to his character. Too bad he's been trapped in two mediocre movies so far.
>>
>>85635473

Batfleck is so confusing to me. In the other hand i like how he is more faithful to the comics in character design, fighting style and general vibe. But then they made him kill, its like the most fucking important aspect of the character, the veruy thing that drives him, he wants to stop people from killing each other and therefore repeating what happened to his parents. And i know batfleck is clearly based of the dark knight returns batman, an while he was somewhat more violent than young batman he didnt kill anyone except the joker. I just cant understand why they did that decision, it was completely unnecessary and ruined the movie for me. I just hoped they took a step back with the batfleck in the upcoming JLA movie.
>>
>>85635473
Yeah, I want to like Batfleck because I think Ben played him very well, but the writing for him was absolutely embarrassing. It feels like a stereotypical version of Batman in my opinion. I'd rather have a REAL Batman on screen rather than a sociopathic murderer from Zack Snyder's interpretation of TDKR by Frank Miller. The character is just Zack Snyder playing around stupidly as he makes excuses by claiming past versions did it.

I think the closest we'll ever get to seeing a perfect Batman is the guy in all those silly "Super-powered Beatdown" thingies. The guy they have is named Kevin Porter, and seeing some of his other stuff, he's perfect. Like, if Conroy's Batman from the DCAU was real and alive, this man would be it.

My second choice would be Clark Bartman from "Dead End"
>>
I miss Superbro.
>>
>>85636021
Who?
>>
>>85634266
Everyone should read this story at least once.
>>
I like Superman but the majority of people that have handled him over the years don't. It's still in vogue to tear him down and deconstruct him. IMHO, he works best when a folksy storytelling approach is used. All-Star is the best example, but lesser known stories like Superman: Strength are good as well.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.