[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Might be a dumb question but curious to know the answer....

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

File: MCU.jpg (98KB, 1024x533px) Image search: [Google]
MCU.jpg
98KB, 1024x533px
Might be a dumb question but curious to know the answer....

How has the Marvel Cinematic Universe impacted the comics? Not only in terms of plot, lore - but whether the comics have prioritised marvel studio owned characters over others?
>>
It's hazy. We can't really know if the movies effect the comics because of some editorial mandate or if the writers just really like those movies and want to emulate them. I mean, Iron Man is the first good thing the character Iron Man has ever been in so obviously you want to follow that character instead of the shitty one that's been in the comics since the 70's.
>>
File: Avengers-Assemble_1-674x1024.jpg (264KB, 674x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers-Assemble_1-674x1024.jpg
264KB, 674x1024px
Not recently. Things they do in comics are like they're going as far from movies as possible.
>>
>>85629729
this seems like a good thread to ask:
have the comics ever aknowledged the MCU as its own distinctive universe, like 616 and ultimate?
>>
>>85629811
I don't think they've acknowledged it yet in a comic story.
>>
>>85629811
The MCU is Earth-199999, not sure if that info appeared in the 616 based comics or not. The movies do have comic tie-ins.
>>
File: 57-121-600x800.jpg (207KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
57-121-600x800.jpg
207KB, 600x800px
>>85629729

>negro fury
>costume changes
>promoting characters they have film and merchandising rights to in place of fan favorites

Its pretty much the norm now. Don't listen to the delusional casuals who think that detective comics don't do the same thing though. You think Soups losing his red underoos before Man of Shit was a coincidence?
>>
>>85629811
Not in comic.
>>
>>85629781
>instead of the shitty one that's been in the comics since the 70's.

Confirmed for pretending to read comics, back to /tv/ with you.
>>
>>85629874
Just admit it. Pre-MCU Tony was the worst. He was such a fucking boring asshole its hard to believe anyone in-universe could actually like him.
>>
>>85629729
The MCU based the Captain America costume off of Bryan Hitch's designs in Ultimates. It worked better in the films because it's a different medium than comics. In turn they decided to make 616 Cap's costume evoke the Ultimate and MCU versions and it ends up looking terrible instead.
>>
>>85629933
Generic complaints like "He was the worst" are hollow and meaningless, /tv/.
>>
The X-Men were demoted to second string focus except for Wolverine. Everyone can be a fuckin Avenger now with no real effort. AoS were added to the comics. Every time a new movie is coming, the comics realign with the movieverse needs. Not always bad, it brought back young Cap and Spidey got a black costume again. The downside were those organic webshooters and X-Men is all black with a few thin colorbars on them. The need to have a female superhero with powers gave to the rise of "Captain Marvel" instead of letting Carol be the awesome Ms Marvel she always was. She's a militant cunt now.

Tony changed his facial hair, Widow started to whine about red in her ledger, and Hawkeye got a cool solo. For awhile Banner and Hulk worked together for Maria Hill. Those were some decent changes with Banner using the brains and Hulk the weapon as needed.
>>
>>85629963
"he was a boring asshole"
>>
>>85629838
>>85629844
>>85629863
Yes it has, in Original sin 0, Sam nova goes to the watcher base, there the watcher allow Sam to see what he see, we get to see a panel of Tony building his armor in a cave with the same scientist that was in the movie.
>>
>>85629946
If they wanted a costume that resembled a movie one, they should've brought back the Commander Rogers uniform from Secret Avengers. They based the TWS stealth costume on it.

The current one from the Spencer run looks like shit.
>>
>>85629729
Bendis said on an interview that the only reason War Machine dies in Civil War 2 was becase he looked like he died in the trailers for the Civil War movie.

Carol Danvers has been getting pushed constantly on comics because Marvel is making a movie for her.

Thor is coming back because Thor 3 is getting made.

The Inhumans were getting a mad push because Marvel was planning an Inhumans movie.

Star-Lord started dressing like in the movie and listening to fucking 'Hooked on a Feeling' right after the movie was out.

Daisy Johnson started getting called Skye right after Skye from Agents of SHIELD was revealed to be Daisy Johnson.

Based on all that we're faced with 3 possibilities
1 - It's a major coincidence (yeah right)

2 - editorial mandate demanding brand sinergy (probable)

3 - writers are devoid of creativity and can't come up with their own shit (also probable)
>>
File: Jean SALES.png (627KB, 1141x762px) Image search: [Google]
Jean SALES.png
627KB, 1141x762px
Question, is the current state of the x-men and the current push of the inhumans something we can blame de MCU for ?
>>
>>85630067
>Bendis said on an interview that the only reason War Machine dies in Civil War 2 was becase he looked like he died in the trailers for the Civil War movie.
I thought I could never be more appalled with Bendis. I was wrong.
>>
>>85630092
No. Blame only retards that run Marvel and Fox.
>>
>>85630067
>Thor is coming back because Thor 3 is getting made.
Please, Odinson was ALWAYS going to come back. And I bet they'll do the same thing they did with Sam Wilson and let Jane keep the hammer while the real Thor uses a different one.
>>
>>85630139
Yeah we all knew he was coming back, WHEN was he coming back is the question, if his new solo is monthly, then by the time Thor gets a hammer again we will be 2 or 3 months away from the premier of Thor Ragnarok
>>
>>85630139
Can you guess me some lottery numbers, too?
>>
>>85630183
Ultimate Mjolnir>616 Mjolnir 2bh
>>
>>85630100
And on a previous interview (or a Comic Con panel, I dunno) he said people complaining about sinergy were silly and that wasn't a thing. These two things were said the same fucking year.

>>85630139
But Thor (get this Odinson shit out of here) is coming back right now along with the movie. Just like how Steve Rogers became Captain America again to go along with the movie. We all new he was going to be back sooner or later but he came back right at that very time frame for the movie, just like Civil War 2 is happening at the same year as the Civil War movie got released.
>>
>>85629811
The Exiles visited it.
>>
>>85630238
>he came back right at that very time frame for the movie
he'd been appearing in movies for five years before he got re-super'd
>>
>>85630067
>Bendis said on an interview that the only reason War Machine dies in Civil War 2 was becase he looked like he died in the trailers for the Civil War movie.

He really thought they'd show hWar Machine dying in the trailers? I know he isn't on the same level as Iron Man or Captain America, but I think his death would still be something they'd want to keep a surprise.
>>
>>85630299
It's not a hard rule, besides that's only true for Avengers 2, he didn't appear in anything else while he was retired from being Cap., then Civil War comes up and *bam* he's literally magic'd into being young again.

Or are you implying it's all a huge coincidence?
>>
>>85629995
>accused of generic, empty criticism
>responds back with more generic, empty criticism to prove he isn't using generic, empty criticism

B R A V O

R

A

V

O
>>
>>85630382
>he didn't appear in anything else
Winter Soldier
>Or are you implying it's all a huge coincidence
I'm saying either synergy is for the most part just a joke (barring certain costume changes), or else marvel is dragging its feet so much when it comes to applying any synergy that it's barely distinguishable from there being no synergy at all. If anything Cap stayed depowered for way longer than you'd expect from Marvel comics
>>
File: 1465498533680.jpg (1MB, 2024x3039px) Image search: [Google]
1465498533680.jpg
1MB, 2024x3039px
>>85630238
>These two things were said the same fucking year.

You're surprised? This was in the same issue.
>>
>>85630491
>Winter Soldier

I'm pretty sure Steve was still Captain America at the time.
>>
>>85630435
Go read Extremis (one of IMs three good stories ever). He's so boring that he hardly reacts to anything that's happening around him to the point where he's by far the least interesting element in it. I would have preferred reading more about the white supremacist dude than seeing as many pages as we did about Tony. Or that scientist lady even. OG Tony sucked.
>>
>>85629729
Fantastic Four is dead

X-Men is next.

Inhumans are the most important to Marvel.
>>
>>85630539
I remember wanting to check out the Cap comics after I watched TWS and I was confused by him being an old man. There wasn't any synergy with him at the time, otherwise he would've been young.
>>
>>85630543
>(one of IMs three good stories ever)
>"he's so boring"

If you're trying to convince people you actually read comics and don't resort to empty criticisms to hide the fact you don't, you're not doing a good job.
>>
>>85630524
Yeah, Tony's "I told you so" rant loses all meaning when we know for a fact that he never said so.

>I told you that if we try and stop threats before they happen a villain will kill one of the heroes that tries to stop him!
>>
File: smug.jpg (33KB, 637x476px)
smug.jpg
33KB, 637x476px
>>85630697
>>
>>85630709
Oh fuck off with the taking side shit here, you know Bendis, he writes shit stories, you cant expect me to defend or support Carol in a book that has Bendis as a writer.
>>
>>85630524
Honest question here.

Is anyone AT ALL, tumblr or otherwise, actually supporting Carol?

Because Tony's kind of right, albeit he's being a total asshole about it.

I mean every storyline about policing the future ends with the person doing the policing being wrong. There can't be anyone that actually agrees with Carol with how much of a literal tyrant she's fucking being. Carol Corps and ignorant feminists can't be that numbskulled as to support Carol's position just because it's Carol.
>>
>>85630905
Marvel support her because she is their wonder woman, that all you need to know.
>>
>>85630697
Name a good Iron Man story that isn't Demon in a Bottle or Armor Wars.
>>
>>85630905
>Because Tony's kind of right, albeit he's being a total asshole about it.
Carols right about preparing for future threats. Tony's right about not going total fascist asshole with it.
But then Carol DOES go total fascist asshole a bit and Tony gets pissy at the Inhumys for planning for a serious and legitimate threat.
>>
File: 555-come-on-now.jpg (78KB, 338x305px) Image search: [Google]
555-come-on-now.jpg
78KB, 338x305px
>>85631035
>inhumys
>>
>>85630970
>DO MY HOMEWORK FOR ME, I ONLY KNOW THESE OTHER TWO COMICS EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT

Is this bait?
>>
>>85630435
Why ya gotta be an asshole? why don't you head over /b/, you'll fit right in.
>>
>>85630697
Saying pre-MCU Tony sucked is as far as I can tell, strong indication that the guy HAS read comics.
>>
>>85630892
There's no taking side, here. What are you talking about? We're talking about a writer that somehow forgot a crucial part of the story and contradicted it in the same issue.
>>
>>85631191
Yeah, he has """"read"""" comics that he can only name three arcs and go look on wikipedia. Or maybe instead of "he" it's "(you)."
>>
>>85631062
What do you want? Go away.
>>
File: insta.gif (1MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
insta.gif
1MB, 371x209px
>>85631324
What ?
>>
>>85631250
So you're some kind of /tv/ false flagger huh? Next level trolling right here.
>>
File: HORRIBLE thread m8.png (105KB, 240x288px) Image search: [Google]
HORRIBLE thread m8.png
105KB, 240x288px
>>
File: You idiot.png (12KB, 1144x135px)
You idiot.png
12KB, 1144x135px
>>85631250
>Implying multiple people don't disagree with you
You can kindly fuck off now
>INB4 b-buh you could have edited the image!
>>
>>85631035
You said it better than I ever would.

I mean Carol's got her heart in the right place but it's a classic case of good idea, poor execution.
>>
>>85630092
I feel like Alan Davis wrote and drew this
>>
Marvel comics thread?

What's the best way to start reading the Avengers.

Avengers Origin > Byrne > quit
>>
File: 1471183339489.png (139KB, 286x250px) Image search: [Google]
1471183339489.png
139KB, 286x250px
>>85634050
Please and thank you.
>>
>>85631503
You edited the image? Why would you even do that?
>>
>>85635212
You're a funny guy.
>>
Marvel's prepping Inhumans for the movie.

In the same vein of New 52 Shazam! or Suicide Squad, they're pushing new, "cinematic" versions of the property in the comics so the movie people have a clear target to adapt.

So we'll get an Inhuman movie staffed with Soule's OCs instead of the actual classic Inhuman characters that Kirby did.

Just like Suicide Squad, which was a hot mess with Batman villains crammed in.

It's pretty stupid. Movie synergy is how we get things like the New 52 or Bendis Guardians.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.